Should Chelsea be playing this way

4 posters

Go down

Should Chelsea be playing this way Empty Should Chelsea be playing this way

Post by chelseaz10 Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:32 am

Let take a look at Chelsea's attacking players

we got hazard mata oscar schurlle willian de bryune torres eto ba

Should chelsea be playing this way? We are playing as if we face bayern munich or barcelona.

Chelsea were much better last year with RAFAEL BENITEZ. We play attacking football and manage to beat Arsenal home and away. Same goes with Man utd and Spur (for spur we only win them away).

Chelsea are playing opposite to what the half of the squad are capable of. Most of them are fast, skillful, and small. But we're trying to play rough and defensive.
Our squad are better than man utd arsenal spur schalke. However when we face these opponents we go for defence instead of attack. I felt that chelsea is regressing from last year.

My question is should Chelsea be playing this way? What are your thoughts?

Last edited by chelseaz10 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

chelseaz10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Should Chelsea be playing this way Empty Re: Should Chelsea be playing this way

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:50 am

It's not that simple. Just looking at the attack-minded players and conclude that Chelsea should apply a very attacking style. No, I don't think that Mourinho is getting the best out of that squad, but I believe the problem is more complex than just move to a different style of play by flipping a switch. They will either progress slowly or not at all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:06 am

Chelsea will win fkall if they go with an all out attacking approach just for the sake of the players they have at their disposal. Rafa didn't implement attacking football, he just implemented a systematic style of play. RDM got sacked because he was clueless tactically, his team had no organization and he just played the players based on their merit and let them play however they wanted to. They have won CL with a dreadful park the bus approach which they wouldn't have if they played on the front foot.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseaz10 Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:13 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Chelsea will win fkall if they go with an all out attacking approach just for the sake of the players they have at their disposal. Rafa didn't implement attacking football, he just implemented a systematic style of play. RDM got sacked because he was clueless tactically, his team had no organization and he just played the players based on their merit and let them play however they wanted to. They have won CL with a dreadful park the bus approach which they wouldn't have if they played on the front foot.

But that was because Chelsea player were not skillful enough at that time. Only Mata is good enough to do the attack.Lampard is old. Mikel is slow. What Chelsea could do best was defence. But right now i personally think what Chelsea could do best is attack. In my opionion, the squad are almost as good as Manchester City.

chelseaz10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:37 am

Ever since Barca came around it seems like anything that doesnt revolve around possession is wrong.
God forbid teams actually play organized defensively and pick us apart on the counter because we push up so high.

Ivanovic Terry Cahill, Mikel are not capable of building out of the back, but are all great when it comes to defending.

Counter attacking is the beat way for chelsea to play right now, hazard oscar mata willian etc get to tear defenses apart on the break while theyre already disorganized.

The problem is Chelseas strikers are shit when it comes to finishing so there is no end product to your counter attacks.

Buy someone like chicharito.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:21 pm

chelseaz10 wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Chelsea will win fkall if they go with an all out attacking approach just for the sake of the players they have at their disposal. Rafa didn't implement attacking football, he just implemented a systematic style of play. RDM got sacked because he was clueless tactically, his team had no organization and he just played the players based on their merit and let them play however they wanted to. They have won CL with a dreadful park the bus approach which they wouldn't have if they played on the front foot.

But that was because Chelsea player were not skillful enough at that time. Only Mata is good enough to do the attack.Lampard is old. Mikel is slow. What Chelsea could do best was defence. But right now i personally think what Chelsea could do best is attack. In my opionion, the squad are almost as good as Manchester City.

They are not skillful enough now

Schurrle and Willian are still adapting to the league
Mata is LAZY
Hazard is inconsistent
Oscar is playing injured
De Bench is garbage.

That squad is nowhere near Manchester City, and if Chelsea go all out in attack they will hemorrhage goals.

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseaz10 Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:25 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
chelseaz10 wrote:

They are not skillful enough now

Schurrle and Willian are still adapting to the league
Mata is LAZY
Hazard is inconsistent
Oscar is playing injured
De Bench is garbage.

That squad is nowhere near Manchester City, and if Chelsea go all out in attack they will hemorrhage goals.

Are you serious? Then that the same for Manchester City

Navas and Negredo are adapting to the league
Silva is also LAZY
NASRI is also inconsistant
Jovetic is injured
Milner Suck

And I don't see Chelsea losing when they play attack against big team like Man Utd Arsenal, or Spur last year. They did lost to Manchester City, but they fought well, and that is partly because there a lot of changes in the team.

chelseaz10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down