Fowler is God, Suarez is the Devil. :coffee:

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez V2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Luis Suarez V2

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:05 am

Kuru wrote:
McAgger wrote:Imagine if Suarez had Bale, Neymar, Benzema, DiMaria, Alexis, or Pedro as his attacking partners.

He's only got Sturridge who comes close to that and even then they've only played together a measly 8 times or so.

You don't need to imagine, just wait till next year, half of these guys will shower him with chances! [/troll attempt]  Razz 

Nay...

Bale: too costly ('n too pretty)
Neymar: third party ownership ('n too costly)
Benzema: too old ('n we got Sturridge)
Di Maria: too costly ('n we got Raheem)
Alexis: missed his chance
Pedro: too costly

(attempting to troll)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:08 am

RedOranje wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:Suarez is God.

No, that'd be him. \/

Luis Suarez V2 - Page 7 Robbie-fowler

rofl 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:05 am

iftikhar wrote:
Kuru wrote:
McAgger wrote:Imagine if Suarez had Bale, Neymar, Benzema, DiMaria, Alexis, or Pedro as his attacking partners.

He's only got Sturridge who comes close to that and even then they've only played together a measly 8 times or so.

You don't need to imagine, just wait till next year, half of these guys will shower him with chances! [/troll attempt]  Razz 

Nay...

Bale: too costly ('n too pretty)
Neymar: third party ownership ('n too costly)
Benzema: too old ('n we got Sturridge)
Di Maria: too costly ('n we got Raheem)
Alexis: missed his chance
Pedro: too costly

(attempting to troll)

It took me a couple of seconds to get the troll attempt  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Good one!
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:08 am

In 2013:

Suarez: 52 games played club & country 42 goals 9 assists
Messi: 45 games 42 goals 15 assists
Ronaldo: 56 games 66 goals 15 assists
Ribery: 52 games 22 goals 18 assists

*Suarez obviously didn't play in the CL, and I'm in no way saying he's better than the other 3 (bar maybe Ribery) but he's playing well enough to be compared to the godly duo*
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:29 am

all that stat shows me is in an injury year for Messi, the guy is a monster.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Luis Suarez V2 - Page 7 Luis-suarez-penalty-incident

And the russian judge gives, a five point five
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Harmonica wrote:Luis Suarez V2 - Page 7 Luis-suarez-penalty-incident

And the russian judge gives, a five point five
Luis Suarez V2 - Page 7 Luis-suarez
Yeah... Guzan didn't obstruct him at all.  Rolling Eyes 

Moreover, had Suarez gone into the challenge with full force, he likely would've knocked Guzan unconscious and taken him out of the game. So, yes, the contact was minimal. However, it was only that way because Suarez was rather adept at avoiding Guzan's clumsy attempt for the ball. Guzan comes nowhere close to taking the ball, puts himself in harms way, and obstructs Suarez's movement. I don't really see how Guzan can complain all that much. The only other possible outcome involves him either kicked in the head or stamped on as he attempts to take out the striker's legs.

If this is any other striker, it's chalked up as a contentious penalty and forgotten in a few days. Because it's Suarez, this will drag on for weeks.  :coffee: 
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:56 am

Luis Suarez V2 - Page 7 Ydfl8wk

Get us top 4 breaking the record son. Twisted Evil
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:05 am

12 goals, I can see it happening if he stays fit and not suspended.

Maybe I'll put in a bet hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 pm

Luis Suarez V2 - Page 7 ZN6rOZO

Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Laughing that quote :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:27 pm

That goal tonight Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:44 am

Luis Suarez V2 - Page 7 Luis-suarez-big-chances-created-feature_3081537
the statpadder has another stats to his name Proud
Coutinho :bow: only if someone could finish those chances :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Luis Suarez says he owes a debt of gratitude to Liverpool FC for helping him produce the best form of his career as he insisted: “I know I can achieve my dreams here.”

In an exclusive interview with the ECHO, the Uruguayan striker spoke candidly about life with the Reds and his hopes for the future.

Suarez has lit up the Premier League with his scintillating performances so far this season.

He has plundered 23 goals in just 21 league games and is on course to claim the Golden Boot and be crowned Player of the Year.

However, the 27-year-old insists his burning ambition is to help Brendan Rodgers’ side bring Champions League football back to Anfield.

Suarez wants to reward those supporters who stood by him after the events of last summer when he came close to leaving the club.

“The fans have helped me so much,” Suarez told the ECHO.

“Everyone knows that I had some difficult times last summer.

“But they have always supported me and always had confidence in me. I really feel that support in my heart.

“I think this has been the best season of my career so far. It’s my job to score goals and create goals, and help the team.

“When you have really good team-mates and a manager who believes in you then it helps so much with your job.

“For me, stepping on to the pitch knowing I have the confidence of the supporters means everything to me as a player. They help me to give my best.”

Suarez felt that support more than ever on his Anfield comeback last October.

The visit of Crystal Palace was the frontman’s first competitive appearance on home turf since serving his 10-game ban for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic six months earlier.

He emerged from the tunnel before kick-off with his newborn son Benjamin and his three-year-old daughter Delfina.

“That was a special day for me,” he said.

“I know in England it’s not normal to take your children on to the pitch like that but it’s normal in Uruguay.

“I wanted to show the Liverpool fans my family and I wanted everyone to know I was so happy with life both on and off the pitch.

“It was my first game back at Anfield and I wanted my children to share that moment.

“It was an emotional moment for me. To come back and play at Anfield after so long was brilliant.”

Since then Suarez hasn’t looked back. He has been the driving force behind Liverpool’s sustained push for a top four finish.

The only headlines he has generated have been for his breathtaking ability.

He has picked up just four yellow cards all season having heeded the advice of wife Sofia, who had warned she would stop attending matches if his on-field behaviour didn’t improve.

“My wife is so happy now too,” Suarez said.

“I try to keep my cool on the pitch with referees and defenders. I try not to get involved in arguments.

“It is better to just concentrate on helping the team – that is the most important thing. You need to keep a clear mind.

“When I was a kid I listened to the big players. Now I’m a big player in a big team other players come to speak to me. It’s a positive for me. I need to be an example.”

Rather than angrily confront officials, Suarez has learned to let things go. He was the victim of an injustice at the Emirates last Sunday when he was clattered to the ground by Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain inside the box.

To Rodgers’ disgust, referee Howard Webb failed to award a penalty and the Reds bowed out of the FA Cup after a 2-1 defeat.

“I think everyone could see that it was 100% a penalty but sometimes it’s difficult for the referees,” Suarez said.

“I understand that. Referees are normal people and they can miss things sometimes.

“It’s the same with players. As a striker sometimes you make a mistake and miss a chance.

“On the pitch you can see one image, on the TV you see another image. Referees don’t get to see the replays. That decision didn’t go our way but we have moved on.”

Cup glory may have eluded Liverpool but Suarez insists that setback will have no impact on their league campaign.

With 12 games remaining the stage is set for a thrilling finale.

The fourth placed Reds are just four points behind leaders Chelsea ahead of Sunday’s home clash with Swansea City.

Suarez won’t make any bold predictions about the title and admits Liverpool’s main target is nailing down a Champions League spot.

“It was disappointing to lose to Arsenal as we wanted to do well in the FA Cup,” he said.

“It was a competition we had a big chance in and we played well.

“But we know that in football not everything goes your way. We have forgotten about that quickly. Our focus is on the next game against Swansea. We have 12 games left and let’s see what we can achieve.

“Can we win the title? I’m not sure. I think this season the Premier League is so difficult. Every team can lose games. Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal have been dropping points.

“We are very strong at home and we must keep going like this. As the manager said we are a chihuahua! We must just focus on every game. In football you never know what can happen.

“To be in the Champions League is what we all want. This is our objective – to play in it next season.

“We know we have a small squad. When our best 11 players start we have shown we can do well against any team. But if we have one or two injuries it can become difficult for the manager.

“We have a very good team playing at a good level and we believe we can get in the Champions League.”

Suarez admits watching this week’s last 16 ties between Manchester City and Barcelona, and Arsenal and Bayern Munich, whetted his appetite for the prize at stake over the coming months.

Having listened to skipper Steven Gerrard’s stories about famous European nights at Anfield, Suarez is keen to experience them for himself.

“I watched the games on TV this week and when you hear that Champions League music that’s motivation in itself,” he said.

“I want to be there with Liverpool. It’s an unbelievable competition. It’s where we want to be – playing against the top teams in Europe.

“Stevie has told me about Champions League nights at Anfield. He said when you have played Champions League football at Anfield you will never forget it. I want to try it for myself.

“When I arrived here I said it was my dream to play for Liverpool and play Champions League here. I know I can achieve my dreams here.”

Luis Suarez admits he has played through the pain barrier for Liverpool because he hates the idea of having to watch from the sidelines.

Remarkably, the striker (above) hasn’t missed a single match due to injury during his three years at Anfield.

“I just love to play football,” he told the ECHO.

“I always talk to the manager and tell him how much I want to play.

“Even in the Cups against small teams I like to play.

“There have been times when I have had knocks but I’ve been able to get on with it. My body and my head are very strong.”

HE'S STAYING NEXT SEASON, GTFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Is he finished? Scored last time a month ago.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Harmonica wrote:Is he finished? Scored last time a month ago.
:coffee:
I would like to offer some coffee to you from my cup, you need it

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:37 pm

HMR rofl

Anyway, Harmonica, you should probably watch a game or two before posting, clearly you haven't watched us at all.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:40 pm

stevieg8 wrote:HMR rofl

Anyway, Harmonica, you should probably watch a game or two before posting, clearly you haven't watched us at all.
Watched the game today, he's only one game per week so he seems fit, has millionbillion acres of space, a lot of diving, and bad shooting?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Finished Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:42 pm

He's been consistently involved in our goals and build up play... Set up two goals today. Not sure what you're on about, scoring isn't everything (especially when you have Sturridge next to you). He's being asked to play a different role and doing it excellently.

I would like to see him get his scoring boots back on as he is up near the front and is a key part of our attack, but it's clear that's not the priority Rodgers has given him.

Has he been as good as we know he can be? No. Is he "done"? That's a stupid question.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:44 pm

As long as the team keeps winning with Suarez not scoring, that's all everyone associated with Liverpool cares. Even Suarez himself. Unlike Messi and Ronaldo who both need their egos stroked before the good of the team.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:50 pm

stevieg8 wrote:He's been consistently involved in our goals and build up play... Set up two goals today.  Not sure what you're on about, scoring isn't everything (especially when you have Sturridge next to you).  He's being asked to play a different role and doing it excellently.

I would like to see him get his scoring boots back on as he is up near the front and is a key part of our attack, but it's clear that's not the priority Rodgers has given him.

Has he been as good as we know he can be? No.  Is he "done"?  That's a stupid question.
Yeah one with screwed up shot, after having about hour to set it up.  Laughing You're not sure what I'm talking about? Ok this is what I'm talking about:

Comes to league after 10 game rest, not injury, a rest. Has clear fitness and freshness edge over players who have already played many games, plays 1 game per week without having games abroad.

22 goals in the first 16 league games

Now that the fitness and freshness edge seems to be gone

1 goal in the last 6 league games

Am I thinking logically here, or am I just out of it?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 pm

lol.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 pm

You're just out of it, because again, you're disregarding the fact that his role int he team has shifted with Sturridge coming back, and you're disregarding his contributions. You're acting like goal scoring is all we ask for from him, when it's far from it.

His finishing has been poor recently (I'm not denying that), but otherwise he's been playing very well - and as McAgger pointed out, the team is winning. So I'm not sure how we get to "finished" from that.

It's fine if you don't watch enough Liverpool to know our tactics or performances, there's no reason for a neutral to watch every game of ours. But you should at least back down from opinions when the people who DO watch every game tell you you're offbase.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Can't edit on phone but you're "out of it".

Today was the first day he played as the CF since Sturridge came back from injury 8 games or so ago. He's had 6-7 assists since. He's playing a different role.

Yes he snatched a few shots today, but that was ONE game and he was involved in 2 our goals. But yeah, finished.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next