RealGunner
arabprince
danyjr
futbol
Onyx
75 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Champions League last 16 draw discussion

Post by jibers Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Kingston ffs rofl

BTW it amazes me how many people don't realise how good Atletico are.

Barca are only above them in the table by scoring one more goal Laughing

1!

I said this when i saw the seedings but some one is in for a rude awakening when Atleti knock them out.

ignorance is Bliss

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Champions League last 16 draw discussion

Post by farfan Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:14 pm

are those revenue figures gross or net of expenses?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:14 pm

S wrote:
Zealous wrote:
S wrote:PSG and Monaco dominating the league and performing in Europe thereby creating a sizeable distance between the rest = Good for OM apparently.

#Sports Logic Proud

Seems to have worked for Germany tbh despite Bayern's overreaching domination of that league, results in Europe for the Bundesliga have improved over the years. Clubs like Leverkusen are likely to sh*t the bed but German clubs have gone further than they have in the past.

I could say the same about Spain if Atletico can keep hold of their status over the next few years. Or if financially stable clubs like Bilbao, Villarreal or La Real can build on their very solid foundations.  

Long term, having super clubs eventually benefits the other clubs in that league. On the pitch it helps other teams get used to playing against elite teams. Off the pitch it can be said that these clubs bring money into the league itself, if not via transfer fees then through an improved TV rights deal (La Liga excluded).

That doesnt mean Leverkusen or Schalke are going to feast on Bayern's success though.Leverkusen and Schalke have their level and they wont go beyond that.Same applies to OM unless they get themselves a sugar daddy.

Its not like the situation is great in La Liga either.Barca's and Madrid's success and hence the claim to greater financial deals have actually made the league worser economically.Why cant the same be applied to Ligue 1 when you have two teams who's  going to have all the spotlight and are going to buy the best players in the world ? Who'd seriously be interested in watching a dire OM when you have Falcao and Cavani playing for their respective teams ?

I think I didn't explain my point clearly enough. I don't mean other clubs will share success of super clubs, that's unrealistic. I mean that having to deal with a super club domestically forces you to get better. OM are dire now, but they can get much better and achieve a good level of success just like Dortmund in recent years for example. If a club has a large fan base and good management they can compete.

La Liga has it's own long list of issues I don't think it applies to the points being made here. But I can say with confidence that constant competition with Madrid/Barca (and great management) has made Atleti a legitimate team. Atleti won't be afraid of any team they face in Europe, they already deal with two monster clubs and they have managed to get their house in order and put themselves in a position to succeed.

Of course there will always be a natural order to football and money more often then not talks, but my point is that sometimes this forces the other clubs to learn how to sing.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:14 pm

This will be the 4th straight season that we have been drawn against literally the worst possible opponent in the round of 16 :facepalm:

I can't believe we are so unlucky in draws. No team has the shit luck we have. Group of death, Bayern, Spurs in the FA Cup, Chelsea early in the league cup. Meanwhile, our rivals get easy groups which allow them to finish 1st and breeze through the last 16 into the quarter finals. It's just bullshit that we have to work so much harder than everyone just for a shot at glory.

I don't even care that we get big games to savour as fans - I won't be able to watch any midweek football for months due to my work now and having so many of these games will diminish our chances at glory for the times when I actually will be able to watch games. We won't win the champions league, but if we do, you all better hug our nuts hard ffs :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:16 pm

When did this forum become Atletico fanboys? Only Hala and I watched their games just a year ago.

They were still being called "Pathetico" back then but they've suddenly become this insurmountable & impenetrable powerhouse on GL overnight.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Dat GL Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Jog on Gil.... i haven't watched them in Lol Liga this year( well apart from Madrid derby anyway) but i used to watch them all the time.

Why do you think i was constantly hyping Arda and Filipe?

Always thinking you are the only one who watches games :facepalm:

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Gil wrote:When did this forum become Atletico fanboys? Only Hala and I watched their games just a year ago.

They were still being called "Pathetico" back then but they've suddenly become this insurmountable & impenetrable powerhouse on GL overnight.

I can confirm

tbh only Gil and Hala should be allowed to comment about Atleti. I watch them when I can but when hala is here I kiss the ring ffs.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Zealous wrote:
Gil wrote:When did this forum become Atletico fanboys? Only Hala and I watched their games just a year ago.

I can confirm

tbh only Gil and Hala should be allowed to comment about Atleti. I watch them when I can but when hala is here I kiss the ring ffs.

Gil also watches the NBA and NFL, doesn't mean we should listen to his 'judgement'. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Zealous wrote:I think I didn't explain my point clearly enough. I don't mean other clubs will share success of super clubs, that's unrealistic. I mean that having to deal with a super club domestically forces you to get better. OM are dire now, but they can get much better and achieve a good level of success just like Dortmund in recent years for example. If a club has a large fan base and good management they can compete.

La Liga has it's own long list of issues I don't think it applies to the points being made here. But I can say with confidence that constant competition with Madrid/Barca (and great management) has made Atleti a legitimate team. Atleti won't be afraid of any team they face in Europe, they already deal with two monster clubs and they have managed to get their house in order and put themselves in a position to succeed.

Of course there will always be a natural order to football and money more often then not talks, but my point is that sometimes this forces the other clubs to learn how to sing.

1.Success at what level ? how do you quantify the success ? You mean fighting it out with Lille and Bordeaux for CL places is success ? cos i'm sure as hell Monaco and PSG are going to create a gap which will be big enough for everybody.A 'Dortmund' scenario doesnt apply here,more like a La Liga scenario.

2.What have Atletico done to secure themselves for the long term ?Zilch.They can recieve all high praises now,but their policy basically is selling your best players and reinvesting with smart transfers.That is simply not enough to compete with the big two or in Europe for that matter.Soon you'll see Costa leave for greener pastures.

3.What happens if PSG or Monaco negotiate individual TV deals ? Where would the other clubs go ? I'm sorry both of them sit with a sizeable advantage in the long term which is too far for the other clubs to reach.You're last point is the only thing i can agree upon but that in itself is a big IF, because even if OM get their house in order they'll always have their own limitations.Revenue from new stadium can only do so much.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:25 pm

I watch Atletico religiously though since I became a Torres fanboy 8/9 years ago. I'm not saying you guys aren't right about Atletico but the swift change of opinion about them is hilarious.

People were still calling Costa a scrub just this summer after the Liverpool links.

Anyway they'll destroy Milan pretty easily. Barring some sort of legendary performance by Balotelli, they have absolutely no chance at all. Costa will feast on that pathetic defense.

Last edited by Gil on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 10 BbnKKz0CEAAV3mK
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Gil wrote:I watch Atletico religiously though since I became a Torres fanboy 8/9 years ago. I'm not saying you guys aren't right about Atletico but the swift change of opinion about them is hilarious.

People were still calling Costa a scrub just this summer after the Liverpool links.

what's so hlarious ? they used to suck , now they're good .

are we supposed to say that they were good when they weren't ? or maintain that they suck when they aren't ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Hey Gil... heard Guilavogui played recently. How did he look?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:Hey Gil... heard Guilavogui played recently.  How did he look?

Laughing

Biggest waste of money this year.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:31 pm

izzy wrote:
Zealous wrote:

I can confirm

Gil also watches the NBA and NFL, doesn't mean we should listen to his 'judgement'. Laughing

*bleep* off you pos. STFU
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Exactly Farfan and Costa was a scrub last year which is why its so hard for me to believe he's improved this much Laughing

On GL once you have an opinion you are not allowed to change it..... ever.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Gil wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Hey Gil... heard Guilavogui played recently.  How did he look?

Laughing

Biggest waste of money this year.
Yeah. he gave an interview where he said that he was going to leave soon if he didn't get playing time. Not sure why atleti bought him with no intention of playing him. He's a DM. Atleti don't use a DM. Simeone apparently has asked him to work on being a CM. good luck with that Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Good opportunity for Arsenal to focus solely on the league imo because this time,they actually have a chance to take a shot at the league unlike past years.

(Not saying they should give up obviously,hope no one misunderstands)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:38 pm

Bayern only beat them on away goals last year.

Its a lot closer than everyone thinks, i know that's not what you meant Surag i'm just saying.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:41 pm

Gil wrote:*bleep* off you pos. STFU

Laughing

Am I lying Gil?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Winning something is better than making a deep CL run and they have a legitimate shot at winning the league this time.And its not like they really need that CL money unlike Italian teams.

This time,it could actually be a blessing in disguise for them if they go out early.Thats what i meant.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:54 pm

I am certainly not happy with Atletico either , even though i kinda understand why many of us think this way , in a sense they aren't wrong since we could have been paired up with the likes of Bayern or Real.

Now , i am pretty sure they are pleased to get Milan . If De Rossi feels lucky he's not playing Seedorf's , Sheva's and Pirlo's Milan , imagine how lucky Atletico think of themselves. These two games will be an extended final for Atletico and hardly this could have been more difficult for Milan. You always hope they maybe underestimate you , but Atletico don't carry they heaviest of shirts in this competition , neither they have superstars in their team ; they aren't going to underestimate whatever threat we pose.  

Last but not least , Milan must have all of our best players available in both games , otherwise our lack of quality depth will definitely prove to be the difference . The overall draw was great , i think it is very balanced as it is .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:01 pm

LOL@Stefan Reinartz (Bayer Leverkusen) when he was told that PSG was the dream draw of one of the club big wigs (who said he liked PSG because Bayer never played against them and Paris was a cool city to visit for the fans, too): "Dream draw? My dream draw would have been 1.FC Köln. Unfortunately they don't play in the Champions League right now."
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Did Sully Muntari really call Atleti weak? Has he looked at Atleti's position in the table and Milan's? rofl
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Muntari :facepalm:

On and off the pitch an idiot.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next