Raptorgunner
BarrileteCosmico
Winter is Coming
Chumlum
DuringTheWar
14 posters

Go down

Who are the most impressive?

Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico Vote_lcap48%Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico Voting_bar 48% 
[ 13 ]
Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico Vote_lcap22%Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico Voting_bar 22% 
[ 6 ]
Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico Vote_lcap30%Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico Voting_bar 30% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 27

Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico Empty Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Which of these teams have been the most impressive so far this season?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico Empty Re: Roma Vs Arsenal Vs Atletico

Post by Chumlum Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Well some people have stressed that, in league play Roma and Arsenal haven't yet really gotten to the difficult patches of their schedules. Arsenal's just started, I guess.

Whereas Atletico have already had two draws against Barca in the Super Cup, and they also beat Real Sociedad and Real Madrid away in La Liga. Then three CL wins (two away from home). That's pretty killer.

Of course there are some debatable points. Roma's defensive record is simply astounding. (As I type this, they just conceded to Torino though, lol.) And despite Arsenal not facing many big teams in the PL yet, they do have the toughest CL group and also had to face Chelsea in the Carling Cup. Among their domestic leagues, of the three Arsenal have the most commanding position in their respective table.

They're all very impresive so far this season. But really, trying to be dispassionate, if I were a fan of some other team that could hypothetically face all three of them I think I'd be slightly more worried about facing Atletico Madrid right now than Arsenal or Roma. Slightly.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Roma have been impressive, but I'd have to go with Atletico, or Arsenal. Roma isn't competing in CL yet, and don't play during mid week as the latter two do, so going by form I'd go with Atletico even Wenger said they could be this years Dortmund. The held Barcelona in two games beat RM in their own back yard, as well as RSO and ABO (today). They are topping the group in CL and are a point behind Barcelona in the league.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:44 pm

How could it be anyone but Roma? They finished 7th last season and sold their 2 crown jewels. No one expected them to do well this season. Yet they have won 10 matches in a row and remained undefeated in 11. They have conceded 2 goals in 11 games when they conceded the 2nd most amount of goals last season. They might not be the best of the 3 teams, but they are for sure the most impressive.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Roma and Arsenal have been impressive but Atletico Madrid should take this. Second in La liga and first is CL, not easy thing to do after selling their best player last year to Monaco.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Roma and Arsenal have been impressive but Atletico Madrid should take this. Second in La liga and first is CL, not easy thing to do after selling their best player last year to Monaco.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Roma has been by far the most impressive.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Atletico >>
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:46 pm

About Arsenal, we have been hit with many injuries, Theo, Podolski, Oxlade are out still. Arteta, Santi and Rosicky missed many games.

We really have been unreal and sky is the limit with our wingers returning soon.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:46 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How could it be anyone but Roma? They finished 7th last season and sold their 2 crown jewels. No one expected them to do well this season. Yet they have won 10 matches in a row and remained undefeated in 11. They have conceded 2 goals in 11 games when they conceded the 2nd most amount of goals last season. They might not be the best of the 3 teams, but they are for sure the most impressive.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:09 am

Raptorgunner wrote:About Arsenal, we have been hit with many injuries, Theo, Podolski, Oxlade are out still. Arteta, Santi and Rosicky missed many games.

We really have been unreal and sky is the limit with our wingers returning soon.

Yeah but you know how it is... Once they come back, Giroud goes down or we have the seemingly annual backline injury crisis
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:20 am

Raptorgunner wrote:About Arsenal, we have been hit with many injuries, Theo, Podolski, Oxlade are out still. Arteta, Santi and Rosicky missed many games.

[controversial opinion] Blessing in disguise as now you play with 5 midfielders which allow you to absolutely dominate everything in the middle and play those quick 1-2 exchange in opposition's box[/controversial opinion]

Yes. You aren't winning games 5-1, 6-1.....but you are winning more. and MORE matters a lot more than by "HOW MANY GOALS".

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:35 am

As Roma
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Forza wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:How could it be anyone but Roma? They finished 7th last season and sold their 2 crown jewels. No one expected them to do well this season. Yet they have won 10 matches in a row and remained undefeated in 11. They have conceded 2 goals in 11 games when they conceded the 2nd most amount of goals last season. They might not be the best of the 3 teams, but they are for sure the most impressive.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:36 pm

I don't think any of these 3 were expected to challenge the perennial table toppers in each of their leagues. That's what makes them all equally impressive.

Bias aside, as BC said....no one saw this type of Roma coming. We Romanisti didn't even see this type of Roma coming. Perhaps the same can be said of Atleti, but it was only a matter of time before Simeone got them ticking.

The expectations were not so straightforward for Garcia, who was effectively Roma's 5th choice for the job after they had sold their 2 best and youngest stars.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:22 pm

I did expect Arsenal to be up there tbh.

The seeds for this season for Arsenal were sown in February when they dropped Vermealen and changed the system.... they have only lost once since then and while they have ended seasons well before difference is this time they didn't sell their best players and rebuild an entirely new team.

I'm not sure whether they can maintain it ( lack of depth behind Giroud could ruin it all) but i did expect this start.

I also expected Atletico to be up there as they were last season but like last season they will fall away.

No one expected this from Roma so its quite an easy decision to make.... Its Roma and its not even close.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:26 pm

I don't think Arsenal are that unexpected either. People were saying that this was a transition year for every other team and they should make most of the opportunity to purchase top players and challenge the title. They got criticized for not getting a top dm, a striker but I think most people expected Arsenal to battle for it.

Atletico did this last season as well, only people who do not watch La Liga didn't see them fighting for the top spots. Of course no one expected them to be this consistent, but they were expected to be in the battle. In the 2nd half of the season Diego Costa was already outshining Falcao.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Whats all this about arsenal? lol, when it looked like wenger fcked up the transfer window arsenal was a laughing stock for everbody, getting mocked left and right. After the loss against villa it was nearly a repeat of London riots inside the emirates Laughing
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm not an Arsenal fan i don't have emotional attachment to them and there fore don't make knee jerk reactions, or are blinded by things because i'm too close to them and can't tack a step back and see things for what they are.

But if you go back to the summer threads ( if you can be arsed) you will see that i said many times i believed Arsenal would challenge.

The main reason they hadn't in recent seasons was because, every f*cking summer they had to rebuild and buy half a team so they wasn't gelled as a team until Jan/Feb.... This time it didn't happen and i was very confident that the end of season form would be translated into this season and it has.

As i said i'm not as confident they will maintain it because of lack of depth behind Giroud but i did expect this start.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:41 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:Whats all this about arsenal? lol, when it looked like wenger fcked up the transfer window arsenal was a laughing stock for everbody, getting mocked left and right. After the loss against villa it was nearly a repeat of London riots inside the emirates Laughing
Playing in EPL and so many injuries.Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm not an Arsenal fan i don't have emotional attachment to them and there fore don't make knee jerk reactions, or are blinded by things because i'm too close to them and can't tack a step back and see things for what they are.

But if you go back to the summer threads ( if you can be arsed) you will see that i said many times i believed Arsenal would challenge.

The main reason they hadn't in recent seasons was because, every f*cking summer they had to rebuild and buy half a team so they wasn't gelled as a team until Jan/Feb.... This time it didn't happen and i was very confident that the end of season form would be translated into this season and it has.

As i said i'm not as confident they will maintain it because of lack of depth behind Giroud but i did expect this start.
ok, im just saying though, there was pure depression around arsenal at the start of the season, no arsenal fan thought that team from last season could go on a title run, and until the last day it was an utterly wank transfer window, fail after fail and phantom contract clauses
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down