OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 10 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

+111
gotveren777
BORUSSIA!!
Hapless_Hans
gotveren77
Essey
halamadrid2
Juveman17
7amood11
Chumlum
El Gunner
cindirxana
teamanarchy
Dnmac4
sree999
Magic Spray
The Basque CM
LeSwagg James
El Chelsea Fuerte
white_star
zizzle
Omniscient
Adit
Mr Nick09
McAgger
LeVersacci
guest7
futbol
gotesh
Commander
Red Alert
BAYERN_MUNICH
DuringTheWar
izzy
farfan
Ganso
Pedram
harhar11
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Rebaño Sagrado
Qehbe1
Forza
dostoevsky
Robben #10
Winter is Coming
Mamad
Raptorgunner
VanDeezNuts
Doc
Gotverenler
chad4401
aimars
EarlyPrototype
FennecFox7
ExtremistEnigma
S
Ion Creanga
neuro11
DeviAngel
Abramovich
Clockwork Orange
Footyfan
billy_gr
Kamikaze692
lszanto
DeletedUser#1
BarrileteCosmico
Yeezus
Hawky
punkfusion1992
Uncanny
Gil
calmman
free_cat
flameas
windkick
Pip
Kick
vanos1
eelir
crius73
ronalessi
Casciavit
Freeza
sportsczy
RealGunner
jibers
Zealous
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jack Daniels
M99
Donuts
zigra
BarcaLearning
urbaNRoots
MaraVilla
Beautiful Football
Collblanc
Blue Barrett
silver
Valkyrja
FalcaoPunch
ioilersrock448
LeBéninois
rwo power
juventus101
Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 10 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by chad4401 Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Some of these names being put a head of cr is just..... Laughing you guys find every reason for cr to not win it, just cause you know madrid is gonna gloat about it and half of these reason some are listing are the very same reason messi won it Laughing

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 10 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by The_Badger Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:03 pm

chad - Do you think Ronaldo will win it in January?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Nope but I want him to, so he(cr) can stop making a big deal outta it
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:36 pm

This isn't the Golden Boot award...  It's Ballon d'Or.  Stats only count a lot if you're a striker and this award is not just for strikers.  It typically goes to the player that led his team to the highest level in world footy.

CR has absolutely no chance of winning it.  Madrid have won exactly nothing this year and we're currently 3rd in La Liga.  

This is not about who has the best stats in goals and assists Laughing Messi isn't going to win it either btw lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:27 am

Uhhh yeah it is.. wasn't it you who said goals and assist matter most for forwards? I didn't know qualities like defending and back passes mattered..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:37 am

Messi is the best player in the world by far.
Should he win the ballon d'or this year? NO!

Injuries killed his chances, he didn't play enough this year to complete for the ballon d'or, he completed only 31 of 47 games this year (although stats are still impressive: 45 goals, 16 assists in minutes he played). I was hoping he stays fit until the end of the year and prove himself but he got injured AGAIN!

He's still the best and its not even close (when fit). But we're talking about the calender year 2013: Ribery, Cristiano, Neymar and Ibra deserve it more [in order].
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:29 am

yeah especially if he stays injured for the next two months. before I said messi should win it. but i'm not so sure with his niggling injuries he keeps getting.

and if we're talking about Ronaldo vs those guys.. lol neither of them come close.. in fact individually I think ibra was better then ribery lmao as much as sport and co try to play him up.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:03 am

I said stats are 80% of the game for rating strikers. This is not a striker effectiveness award Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotverenler Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Messi injured himself to give others a chance

Gotverenler
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Gotverenler wrote:Messi injured himself to give others a chance
Now Ribery has a better chance, but Messi still deserves it more than him, actually there is no real argument for Ribery.

He only won CL more than Messi, but wasn't even Bayern's best player in CL. Didn't carry team to league like Messi did, and still plays for the place in World Cup, when Messi lifted Argentina in there as group winners in the hardest group.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotverenler Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:55 pm

But I want Ribery to win it to shut Ronaldo fanboys mouth. They say Messi is Uefalona. Lets see what they will say about Ribery.

I support Ribery

Gotverenler
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:This isn't the Golden Boot award...  It's Ballon d'Or.  Stats only count a lot if you're a striker and this award is not just for strikers.  It typically goes to the player that led his team to the highest level in world footy.

CR has absolutely no chance of winning it.  Madrid have won exactly nothing this year and we're currently 3rd in La Liga.  

This is not about who has the best stats in goals and assists Laughing Messi isn't going to win it either btw lol.
lol if you still believe this. At one point this is how I felt but those days are dead and gone now. Remember this is a popularity contest so Ribery will be lucky if he gets second.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:57 pm

the first 2 spots are already given to Ronaldo and Messi, I don't know why everyone is talking about Ribery.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotverenler Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Valkyrja wrote:the first 2 spots are already given to Ronaldo and Messi, I don't know why everyone is talking about Ribery.
Who gave it to them?

Gotverenler
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:09 pm

So many idiots in this World it's unbelievable.

Players don't win games, teams do you morons. Especially in a sport where you have 10 other teammates on the same pitch. This isn't basketball where a player like LeBron or Dwight Howard can impact both offense and defense unlike any other.

Drogba put in one of the all time great Champions League campaigns last season yet where was the "he won the CL" brigade? You're telling me Drogba in 2012 didn't perform far better than that scrub Ribery did this year in the CL?

Might as well change the award to best performing team instead of best player lol. "Goals don't count lol" that's all I keep hearing regardless of the fact both Messi and Ronaldo are scoring at an historical & near unprecendented rate.

I don't care if it goes to Messi or Ronaldo but no way in hell does Ribery deserve anything. He's light years behind those two. He wasn't anywhere close to Bayern's best player in the competition you keep bringing up and had not one stand out performance in it.

You had Schweinsteiger and Martinez but in incredible performances in both legs against Barca. Lahm and Alaba were outstanding the entire campaign. Robben came alive in the knockout stages and destroyed both Barca and Dortmund, scoring the winner in the final. Muller was their top scorer and Ribery wasn't even their top assister it was Lahm and Schweini.

I don't see how someone who finished with a putrid 1 goal and 2 assists in 11 matches somehow was better than Messi and Ronaldo. Inb4statsdontmatter gtfo pls. Laughing

It's Ronaldo's fault Madrid's defence got raped by Lewandowski and Ribery and his remarkable "team play" would have prevented the 7 goals against Barca if he were to switch teams with Messi. Shame his "team play" didn't translate to the French NT. Lad did nothing the entire year lmao.

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 10 YvRE8hI
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Actually it is partly Ronaldo's fault....

He not doing any defending at all was exploited by Dortmund with Reus, Gotze and Pizza Cheque all running riot on Marcelo with no help from Ronaldo.

Every big team does that against Madrid its not an coincidence...

Anyway....

Last season he failed to show up in the Dortmund semi's, Atletico cup final and almost any big game you want to name apart from Barca when they had no coach.

I'm sorry but statistics shouldn't beat big match performances and huge contributions to winning trophies.

Messi outscored and out assisted Ronaldo last season and actually won a trophy.... for all Ronaldo's goals he has zero trophies to his name.

But as i alluded to earlier neither Ronaldo and Messi deserve it because when it mattered they didn't show up.... stat padding against smaller opposition is nice but when it mattered when those teams needed them to drive them to trophies they were nowhere to be found.

Someone from Bayern should get it and that someone should be Ribery.... would have said Robben if he actually was relevant before the Semi finals.

Basically what you are all arguing is that scoring against relegation teams and winning nothing is more impressive than beating the best in the world and sweeping up all the trophies.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Sneijder>>>>>>>>>>Messi in 2010 and Messi won it for being "the better player" so no Ribery should not win it.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:30 pm

chad4401 wrote:Sneijder>>>>>>>>>>Messi in 2010 and Messi won it for being "the better player" so no Ribery should not win it.
Milito should have won it in 2010 not Sneijder.... Sneijder is the Robben of 2010, he would have had an argument if he was relevant before March.

Basically just to use a basketball example what Gil is saying is Lebron shouldn't have won MVP because he didn't score the most Laughing

GL pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:34 pm

I went down the list of Ballon d'Or winners since 2000.  Other than 2010 where Iniesta got snubbed, it went to the best player on the best club and/or NT winner that year.

2000 - Madrid win CL - Figo gets BDO.  Would have been Zidane, but he had a very controvsial and bad red card in CL for losing his temper.
2001 -  Liverpool win EPL, FA and Europa - Owen gets BDO
2002 - Madrid win CL and Brazil win WC - Ronaldo gets BDO
2003 - Juve win Serie and get to CL finals - Nedved gets BDO
2004 - Milan win Serie A - Shevchenko gets BDO
2005 - Barca win La Liga - Ronaldinho gets BDO
2006 - Italy wins WC - Cannavaro gets BDO with Buffon second
2007 - Milan win CL - Kaka gets BDO
2008 - Man U win EPL and CL - CR7 gets BDO
2009 - Barca win treble - Messi wins BDO
2010 - Barca win La Liga and CWC - Messi wind BDO
2011 - Barca win La Liga and CL - Messi wins BDO
2012 - Messi breaks the all time record for goals scored in a CY + Barca win CWC - Messi wins BDO

You either have to break some kind of insane record OR your team needs to win a major trophy.  There are no exceptions.  Yet people think CR7 is somehow going to magically win it??? please.  Madrid had to win a major title, whether it be CL or La Liga.  It didn't happen.  Only chance he has is if he beats Messi's CY scoring record Laughing

Messi is the only option other than Ribery since Barca won La Liga and we'll see.... but given the spanking Bayern dished out to Barca in CL, that's unlikely.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotverenler Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:I went down the list of Ballon d'Or winners since 2000.  Other than 2010 where Iniesta got snubbed, it went to the best player on the best club and/or NT winner that year.

2000 - Madrid win CL - Figo gets BDO.  Would have been Zidane, but he had a very controvsial and bad red card in CL for losing his temper.
2001 -  Liverpool win EPL, FA and Europa - Owen gets BDO
2002 - Madrid win CL and Brazil win WC - Ronaldo gets BDO
2003 - Juve win Serie and get to CL finals - Nedved gets BDO
2004 - Milan win Serie A - Shevchenko gets BDO
2005 - Barca win La Liga - Ronaldinho gets BDO
2006 - Italy wins WC - Cannavaro gets BDO with Buffon second
2007 - Milan win CL - Kaka gets BDO
2008 - Man U win EPL and CL - CR7 gets BDO
2009 - Barca win treble - Messi wins BDO
2010 - Barca win La Liga and CWC - Messi wind BDO
2011 - Barca win La Liga and CL - Messi wins BDO
2012 - Messi breaks the all time record for goals scored in a CY + Barca win CWC - Messi wins BDO

You either have to break some kind of insane record OR your team needs to win a major trophy.  There are no exceptions.  Yet people think CR7 is somehow going to magically win it??? please.  Madrid had to win a major title, whether it be CL or La Liga.  It didn't happen.  Only chance he has is if he beats Messi's CY scoring record Laughing

Messi is the only option other than Ribery since Barca won La Liga and we'll see.... but given the spanking Bayern dished out to Barca in CL, that's unlikely.
You should have posted "Fifa World Player of the Year" list. Because this is not Ballon Dor, this is Fifa Ballon Dor. its different. Its ex FWPOTY award

Coaches and captains have more votes in Fifa Ballon Dor than media people (400 vs 200). But ex ballon dor was only about Media people

Gotverenler
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:56 pm

It is the list for Ballon d'Or.  It even makes the distinction that in 2010 it becomes FIFA Ballon d'OR.  Prior to FIFA getting involved, it was only the world media that voted.  Now, it's the media, the NT team captains and the NT managers... nobody else.  There's no more conspiracy possible than before.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'or

I remember back in the day that people complained that media were geographically biased... so the SA media voted for SA players, Europeans for their own players, etc. I don't see this as being any more imperfect than the previous method. Actually, i feel that players and managers know more about footy than media do generally.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:00 pm

I think the simple question should be, who is the best player in the World when on form? It's easily Messi. He's superior to Ribery and Ronaldo.

Messi was on form last season and this season he's done alright. It's not like he's scored 0 goals this season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:18 pm

I reckon that was a mistype on Sports part. Liverpool won FA Cup, UEFA Cup and Carling Cup that year.

For an individual award, what your team won seems to hold a huge weight.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Owen Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Doc wrote:I reckon that was a mistype on Sports part. Liverpool won FA Cup, UEFA Cup and Carling Cup that year.

For an individual award, what your team won seems to hold a huge weight.
Ah correct Doc... UEFA Cup was renamed Europa in 2009 when it merged with the Intertoto Cup. Cup Winner's Cup was abolished in 1999.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Owen Laughing 
 yeah agreed.  Only reason he got it was that Liverpool was massively popular back then and they won 3 trophies that year.  Raul was more deserving imo, especially since Madrid won La Liga. But i think that Figo undeservedly winning the previous year due to the politics against Zidane made it impossible for him... the backlash was huge.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next