Hawky
flameas
BarrileteCosmico
Valkyrja
juventus101
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best central midfield in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best central midfield in the world?

Post by jibers Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:14 pm

McAgger wrote:For me it's Roma's midfield >> Barca/Bayern. Absolutely f*ckin brilliantly balanced. Pace, power, work-rate, technique, composure, mobility, versatility, intelligence, etc, etc.

They'd be one of the best teams in the world if they had a world class forward (someone who could win games all by himself), better fullbacks, maybe another CB and GK. A younger Totti would've been that forward but he isn't anymore. Pity.
Sober up mate

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Best central midfield in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best central midfield in the world?

Post by Eivindo Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:23 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
ioilersrock448 wrote:Lahm, Martinez, Kroos and Schweinsteiger in the central mid. It's Bayern and it's not close.
If it is Bayern it is close. I haven't seen anything from Bayern's midfield that would suggest they would dominate Barca's midfield. Even in the 7-0 Barca's midfield still had control of the game, even if they were thoroughly out-muscled. Now that Barca and Bayern play under similar systems it would be interesting to see them match up. I haven't seen much of Lahm as a DM so I can't comment on that, but Iniesta is miles better than Kroos and Xavi and Schweini are on similar levels. I think if Bayern and Barca met today the difference between midfields would not be as large as you suggest.

So to recap
Tier 1: Barca, Bayern
Tier 2: Juve, Roma, Arsenal
Didnt seem like they had much control at all Very Happy
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:24 pm

gtfo with these 'calm down' and 'sober up' comments, add something useful to the discussion. :coffee: This whole section is about opinions and seems like mine is different than yours.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by aant123 Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:45 am

McAgger wrote:For me it's Roma's midfield >> Barca/Bayern. Absolutely f*ckin brilliantly balanced. Pace, power, work-rate, technique, composure, mobility, versatility, intelligence, etc, etc.

They'd be one of the best teams in the world if they had a world class forward (someone who could win games all by himself), better fullbacks, maybe another CB and GK. A younger Totti would've been that forward but he isn't anymore. Pity.
Having just watched inter-roma i struggle to see how Roma's midfield is as good as Barca/Bayern. The potential is there (and DDR looks back to his best), it is well balanced but they didn't really control the game despite winning 0-3. 41% possession says it all.

Maybe in a 2 years when Pjanic and Strootman hit their peaks. Until then whilst DDR > Martinez, Schweni-Kroos are much better than Strootman-Pjanic.

aant123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:34 am

Jesus Christ you can have literally 7 games on this forum and be rated as a god on GL at times

Whether it be an individual or a team

Roma best MF in world after a few games, better than CL winning and league winning Units.

Varane after 8 games top 5 CB in the world

People

stahp

pls
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:28 am

It depends what you want from you're MF. If it's ball retention, then it's Barcelona. Overall as Dani said it is Bayern, they are adaptable and have players that can play a variety of ways. There is no 'best' central mf.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:20 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Jesus Christ you can have literally 7 games on this forum and be rated as a god on GL at times

Whether it be an individual or a team

Roma best MF in world after a few games, better than CL winning and league winning Units.

Varane after 8 games top 5 CB in the world

People

stahp

pls
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:41 am

S wrote:

Calm down.
This. Calm down, they may look great in Serie A, but Serie A isn't what it used to be and there are quite a few teams with a better midfield.
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2