Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 32 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:17 am

rwo power wrote:
aleumdance wrote:he will be off to bayern if he leaves Arsenal

the German capitalist Machine won't let this one go
Hm... Mario Götze plays the same position (which is why it is always a bit crowdy there for the German NT), so Mesut Özil joining would likely mean Götze leaving. So Götze back to Dortmund then for a cut-price? hmm

OBVIOUSLY...lol

If ozil is on the market in January, Bayern will enter

aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 32 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Helmer Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:17 am

nah...it seems too complicated unless Götze flops

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree on the point they have problems in that area but i'd definitely say that its not an area that's more important than getting an AM in of Ozil's quality.

The only area in my mind which was perhaps more important was probably getting a striker like Suarez or Benzema for example but this was definitely the next big thing.
While I still agree Mole, I came across something which sort of says what I was saying with more detail.

Arteta didnt play this match, but its the same issues really. Midfield shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb9N6iau1Zo

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:48 pm

all this people saying he is off in 2-3 years
are the same that laughed at prospect of Arsene spending 40+M on top class player
so yeah Arsenal lacks ambition
but when they show, its like not sure why x would go there.....
blah blah blah
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Why would Bayern even look at Özil for more than a glance? They got two equally talented, albeit different, AMs in Kroos and Götze, as well as a decent backup in Thiago, plus two forwards that like to play in the 'hole' as CAM/SS in Shaqiri and Müller. If there's ever a club that doesn't need Özil, it's Bayern. They're all one or two years younger than Özil as well.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Sina wrote:all this people saying he is off in 2-3 years
are the same that laughed at prospect of Arsene spending 40+M on top class player
so yeah Arsenal lacks ambition
but when they show, its like not sure why x would go there.....
blah blah blah
you have not learnt the art of the anti-arsenal yet?

" when in trouble, thou must not hesitate to spit vile, when in good times, thou must hesitate to bringest thine London club in insanest of morals"
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:58 pm

This could be the great masterplan of Wenger now right? surely with Ozil, Arsenal are now a very attractive destination for attacking players. Next summer when we sell Di Maria Arsene could pick him up, same as Suarez. It's a huge transfer now, but could have lasting effect if Arsene keeps signing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:00 pm

lol Suarez is going to Madrid...

any EPL fan can read it
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:42 pm

well, depends just how good Balotelli is this year. Him having admitted that he likes madrid, if he is massive this season and dominates in the WC, we will definitely try to sign.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:well, depends just how good Balotelli is this year. Him having admitted that he likes madrid, if he is massive this season and dominates in the WC, we will definitely try to sign.
I think a lot depends on how certain players perform this season.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree on the point they have problems in that area but i'd definitely say that its not an area that's more important than getting an AM in of Ozil's quality.

The only area in my mind which was perhaps more important was probably getting a striker like Suarez or Benzema for example but this was definitely the next big thing.
While I still agree Mole, I came across something which sort of says what I was saying with more detail.

Arteta didnt play this match, but its the same issues really. Midfield shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb9N6iau1Zo

Yeah i remember watching that game against Villa.... their biggest issue to me in midfield ( and i'm going to guess you will agree with this too) is lack of defensive awareness not physicality or being " bullied " like everyone seems to claim.

They hardly ever get bullied anymore; Ramsey, Wilshere and especially Flamini are not pushovers and won't be bullied. Its positional awareness which is the problem.

The question is though can Wenger coach that into Ramsey and Wilshere? I believe he can and it could be argued they have got better since that Villa game.

Its something you can work around.... you can't really work around the creativity and goalscoring.

There's a stat from last season that Arsenal scored one goal or less in more than half of their games...

Midfield and defensive problems or not.... they clearly need the x-factor in the final third and Ozil provides about 50% of what they need there.

I'm rambling on now but you get it Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Defense is going to be a problem with arsenal since they have no DM.

Ozil doesn't defend. Cazorla neither. Giroud is a CF so he can't defend in a midfielder's spot. You're basically looking at Arteta/Ramsey/Walcott to cover the middle of the pitch and help with overlaps.

Wenger should have bought a DM to go with Ozil. I get the sense that Walcott is going to have to be sacrificed for a CM to get good balance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:05 pm

I think they immediately realised the problem about the shape of the midfield defensively and we could immediately see that in Spurs game.
It can be also related to the change in mentality of players and coach both when they played against teams like villa and spurs. Against villa they looked too casual but against spurs the shape looked better.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 pm

I know this is going to sound very condescending, but I have no worries about Ozil going to Arsenal when their strikers consist of Giroud, Podolski and *bleep* Sanogo.

They created plenty of chances last season especially Cazorla, that wasn't their problem. And Ozil won't help with the goal scoring either.

Just glad Ozil didn't go to PSG, guess that's why Perez refused their bid, I would of shat myself.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Crimson wrote:I know this is going to sound very condescending, but I have no worries about Ozil going to Arsenal when their strikers consist of Giroud, Podolski and *bleep* Sanogo.

They created plenty of chances last season especially Cazorla, that wasn't their problem. And Ozil won't help with the goal scoring either.

Just glad Ozil didn't go to PSG, guess that's why Perez refused their bid, I would of shat myself.
No they didn't..... chance creation has been a big problem since Fabregas left.

Because they beat shit teams like us by 4 or 5 doesn't mean they create a lot of chances or score lots of goals.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Villa & Spurs games are diferent though. Spurs midfield is so one pace and lumpy, Arsenal trio was hardly exposed, through sheer work rate and speec, Ramsey was able to recover a lots. That will be risky against team who's capable of sudden change of pace as it shown in Villa game, Ramsey and Wilshere tend to overcomit on the ball. They look better game by game though so here hoping Wenger is working on defensive shape

We struggled against park the bus teams a lots last year, no killer ball and that's what Ozil is for.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:33 pm

lol people still listen to balague?

anyway, a friend of mine just messaged me his glorious theory on why arsenal splashed so much money Laughing

I think its a long con by the board. I imagine they had a meeting like a week ago and decided to force wenger to spend a huge amount of money now to appease the fans. then theyll give him a big contract when the season is going well and everybodys happy knowing that hell go back to spending £3.50 every transfer window. their other option was let wenger do what he wants anger the fans and let him go next year, to hire some other manager who would demand consistent money available for transfers
https://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:40 pm

che wrote:lol people still listen to balague?

anyway, a friend of mine just messaged me his glorious theory on why arsenal splashed so much money Laughing

I think its a long con by the board. I imagine they had a meeting like a week ago and decided to force wenger to spend a huge amount of money now to appease the fans. then theyll give him a big contract when the season is going well and everybodys happy knowing that hell go back to spending £3.50 every transfer window. their other option was let wenger do what he wants anger the fans and let him go next year, to hire some other manager who would demand consistent money available for transfers
https://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif
Sounds legit tbh.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:41 pm

RAWK Meltdown is glorious at the moment rofl

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 15m
(Ozil to Arsenal) 42M is *bleep* ridiculous really...

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 14m
(Ozil to Arsenal) Frankly, I think it's a bigger panic signing than Andy Carroll

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 12m
(Ozil to Arsenal) I know everything about the Real Madrid rejects...he is not world class

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 1m
(Ozil to Arsenal) Hey Arsenal fans Has anyone calmed (you) down yet and realised you overpaid for Ozil by around 10m?

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:RAWK Meltdown is glorious at the moment rofl

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 15m
(Ozil to Arsenal) 42M is *bleep* ridiculous really...

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 14m
(Ozil to Arsenal) Frankly, I think it's a bigger panic signing than Andy Carroll

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 12m
(Ozil to Arsenal) I know everything about the Real Madrid rejects...he is not world class

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 1m
(Ozil to Arsenal) Hey Arsenal fans  Has anyone calmed (you) down yet and realised you overpaid for Ozil by around 10m?

rofl
Well you cant argue with the facts. Laughing

We’ve just signed one of the best players in the world of football, and people still find a way to put us down. We are a change club, all summer we were after top players. We have sent a strong message to all Arsenal players and the ones who will join us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Because they beat shit teams like us (...)
Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Arsenal just needs to sign Marco Reus or Lewandowski now and it's on.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Isnt it going to be better for arsenal to move Walcott to the left and cazorla to the right?

i explain. Ozil being left footed, is happier when he drifts on the right side of the pitch, from where he can cut in and drive inside. In order to take advantage of his passing, he needs runners ahead of him, and Walcott is the kind of outside forward Ozil would greatly associate with. He had similar relationship with CR in Madrid and Reus with germany. I think it's the best way to take advantage of Ozil stronger side and to help Walcott score more.

Cazorla has no problem playing on either side, 1) he did it at Villarreal no problem, 2) he is two footed, 3) his job isnt exactly to make runs but to help create play.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Mourinho"I vetoed Demba Ba move to Arsenal because w/ Ozil, the best #10 in world, they would have been title contenders"

rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Yeah but Walcott does.... he cannot play on the left, he's incapable of doing so.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next