Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 12 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:24

no they cant, so getting ozil isnt half as bad. Ozil is going to help them win games in EPL and secure a sure 4th place.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 12 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Dnmac4 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:27

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:dmad, you realise cazorla has gone wide to accommodate rosicky for months now, not wilshere? I mean you do watch a lot of arsenal games, or pretend to, so you should have noticed who's been playing the AM role. When wilshere was injured cazorla were still laying to the left side..... yeahg he  had been bad for a while, you know playing on painkillers and recovering from surgey are a decent excuse for a dip in form.

Im actually with Gil for once. Personally think wilshere is reshaping his game well to play with ramsey

and ozil is definitely a player arsenal needs  
Certain Arsenal fans like you will never see that Wilshere has been a hindrance not a hep to Arsenal for a long time now.

You have your built in excuses although I have not heard this one yet, Now the excuse is that, "Wilshere is reshaping his game to play with Ramsey." I mean thanks, that one was good for a laugh.

Cazorla may be placed center left on the team sheet but again as I said earlier he is best played through the center as the attacking midfielder where he naturally drifts into anyways no matter where you pencil his name on the team sheet.

Rosicky and Ramsey while they may play centrally as well play behind Cazorla. When they push up the field Cazorla will drift wide to unclog the midfield or move center left to provide the final pass. But again he plays best when he can spend the better part of the game in an advanced midfield role.

Tactically Wenger has no choice but to force Cazorla wider when he trys to jam Wilshere into the team.

When Wilshere plays it does naturally force him a lot wider and he is much less effective. Hence he always plays better when Wilshere is absent so he can play in his natural position where he drifts to anyways but it's much less crowded.

Also, I'm not the only one saying this about Wilshere or Cazorla as it's pretty much well known to anyone who doesn't have there head in there arse.

Again I don't know why Premfaces always seem to want him to play on the wing or to the left, it baffles me.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:28

Gil wrote:Walcott.

He'll score 30+ this season.
rofl
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:39

Look, Ozil already forgotten, give him the number 10 please

Spoiler:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:42

Dnmac4 wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:dmad, you realise cazorla has gone wide to accommodate rosicky for months now, not wilshere? I mean you do watch a lot of arsenal games, or pretend to, so you should have noticed who's been playing the AM role. When wilshere was injured cazorla were still laying to the left side..... yeahg he  had been bad for a while, you know playing on painkillers and recovering from surgey are a decent excuse for a dip in form.

Im actually with Gil for once. Personally think wilshere is reshaping his game well to play with ramsey

Certain Arsenal fans like you will never see that Wilshere has been a hindrance not a hep to Arsenal for a long time now.

You have your built in excuses although I have not heard this one yet, Now the excuse is that, "Wilshere is reshaping his game to play with Ramsey."  I mean thanks, that one was good for a laugh.

Cazorla may be placed center left on the team sheet but again as I said earlier he is best played through the center as the attacking midfielder where he naturally drifts into anyways no matter where you pencil his name on the team sheet.  

Rosicky and Ramsey while they may play centrally as well play behind Cazorla.  When they push up the field Cazorla will drift wide to unclog the midfield or move center left to provide the final pass.  But again he plays best when he can spend the better part of the game in an advanced midfield role.

Tactically Wenger has no choice but to force Cazorla wider when he trys to jam Wilshere into the team.

When Wilshere plays it does naturally force him a lot wider and he is much less effective.  Hence he always plays better when Wilshere is absent so he can play in his natural position where he drifts to anyways but it's much less crowded.

Also, I'm not the only one saying this  about Wilshere or Cazorla as it's pretty much well known to anyone who doesn't have there head in there arse.

Again I don't know why Premfaces always seem to want him to play on the wing or to the left, it baffles me.  
Reshaping his game is an excuse? im just agreeing with gil that hes been playing well with ramsey. The excuse is that he wasn't fit for a long time, but still being played. That's just a fact, do what u want with it.

regarding arsenal tactics your simply bullshitting, im not even gonna get into that, wilshere doesn't crowd cazorla anymore than rosicky does, you realise rosicky has been playing in front of wilshere?

btw, why are you so passionate about wilshere? and don't even deny it
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:43

danyjr wrote:

rofl
Still with the archaic belief that Walcott isn't a good player? Get with the times, dany
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:47

This should make it clear as a sunny day for you. It's from Arsenal's website with Quotes from Cazorla, so again there really should be no argument to what I'm saying as Cazorla has been one of my favorite players for longer then you knew of him when he entered the EPL.

"The Spaniard actually played two completely different positions over the course of his debut Arsenal campaign. For the first 21 games of the season, he was fielded in a central attacking position in Arsenal’s 4-2-3-1 formation.
He was man of the match on debut against Sunderland, and also the outstanding performer in Arsenal’s first victory of the season, away at Liverpool. He collected a goal and an assist at Anfield, thriving in his central position. “That’s where the manager played me, as a second striker, with the freedom that I like to have,” Cazorla says. “It’s a position I really like, not one I’ve played in much in recent years, but I will play there without problems.”

The new year brought a new role for Cazorla. In January’s 1-0 FA Cup replay victory over Swansea, he was moved to the left, as Jack Wilshere played at the top of the midfield triangle, from where he scored the game’s only goal.

Interestingly, in both Cazorla’s description of his central role, and Arteta’s perspective on his compatriot’s play from the left, the same word features: freedom. Cazorla thrives when given license to drift across the pitch as he pleases, scampering into various zones to find angles for dangerous passes. So which role does he actually prefer?

“Well, as long as I have freedom, I don’t mind,” he says. There’s that word again. “It’s not a question of playing wide… I like to get involved in the middle, to receive the ball and the boss lets me do it. So because of that it doesn’t matter whether I’m positioned on the wing or in the centre.”
That’s the best way of putting it - not simply ‘I don’t mind’, but also ‘it doesn’t matter’. Cazorla plays the same way, regardless of his position."
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:47

danyjr wrote:

rofl
22 goals and 16 assists last season. Think he can increase his tally by 8+ with Cazorla, Ozil, Wilshere and Ramsey supplying him.

Not many teams can handle his pace and movement. His finishing has always been excellent and his first touch has come leaps and bounds over the years.

All he needs to add to his game is 1v1 dribbling. You only need 1 or 2 moves to get past a defender with that amount of pace lad.

Last edited by Gil on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:50; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:49

Walcott is a good player, particularly when played through the middle, danyjr knows absolutely nothing about football, but let's be honest, Walcott isn't going to score more than 30 goals in a season.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:56

Dnmac4 wrote:

This should make it clear as a sunny day for you.  It's from Arsenal's website with Quotes from Cazorla, so again there really should be no argument to what I'm saying as Cazorla has been one of my favorite players for longer then you knew of him when he entered the EPL.

"The Spaniard actually played two completely different positions over the course of his debut Arsenal campaign. For the first 21 games of the season, he was fielded in a central attacking position in Arsenal’s 4-2-3-1 formation.
He was man of the match on debut against Sunderland, and also the outstanding performer in Arsenal’s first victory of the season, away at Liverpool. He collected a goal and an assist at Anfield, thriving in his central position. “That’s where the manager played me, as a second striker, with the freedom that I like to have,” Cazorla says. “It’s a position I really like, not one I’ve played in much in recent years, but I will play there without problems.”

The new year brought a new role for Cazorla. In January’s 1-0 FA Cup replay victory over Swansea, he was moved to the left, as Jack Wilshere played at the top of the midfield triangle, from where he scored the game’s only goal.

Interestingly, in both Cazorla’s description of his central role, and Arteta’s perspective on his compatriot’s play from the left, the same word features: freedom. Cazorla thrives when given license to drift across the pitch as he pleases, scampering into various zones to find angles for dangerous passes. So which role does he actually prefer?

“Well, as long as I have freedom, I don’t mind,” he says. There’s that word again. “It’s not a question of playing wide… I like to get involved in the middle, to receive the ball and the boss lets me do it. So because of that it doesn’t matter whether I’m positioned on the wing or in the centre.”
That’s the best way of putting it - not simply ‘I don’t mind’, but also ‘it doesn’t matter’. Cazorla plays the same way, regardless of his position."
ok I will make it sunny clear for you, after wilshere got injured in march he was replaced by rosicky, cazorla continued on the left, while rocicky occupied the central attacking slot. This season wilshere is occupying a more defensive position, with rosick, still, in the CAM. So stop blaming wilshere for cazorlas position. And as I remember cazorla was magnificent when wilshere went to CAM, against sunderland, and villa, I remember he was magnificent, in no way hampered by wilshere. Wilshere soon then left the team injured.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre Mon 02 Sep 2013, 01:05

I'm not too familiar with Arsenal but I see comments that give me the perception that Cazorla usually plays on the left because of Wilshere? If that is true and Ozil does arrives , will he(Cazorla) still play on the left?

I am one of those who'd endorse this move if it does come through . I can only imagine that the move would add more scintillation and dynamism to Arsenal's Attack if it is successful.

If it does happen,I would like Ozil to start in the center but I'd like to see a lot of position interchanging between Cazorla and Ozil in games since these are two very intelligent players who appreciate and use the space between the lines quite well which means it would be troublesome for opposition markers to take them out of games.

Ozil's movement would also cause overloads on each flank ( like @ Madrid) as he likes to drift and drag players out of position. I would imagine that a player alongside him like Walcott who has good movement and is a great runner should, benefit from the vacated space.
MaestroFavre
MaestroFavre
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon 02 Sep 2013, 01:11

MaestroFavre wrote:I'm not too familiar with Arsenal but I see comments that give me the perception that Cazorla usually plays on the left because of Wilshere? If that is true and Ozil does arrives , will he(Cazorla) still play on the left?
Not true.... He plays on the Left when Rozza is playing too, plus he has a free role, interchanging between rozza, jack or ramsey...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon 02 Sep 2013, 01:15

Gil wrote:22 goals and 16 assists last season. Think he can increase his tally by 8+ with Cazorla, Ozil, Wilshere and Ramsey supplying him.

Not many teams can handle his pace and movement. His finishing has always been excellent and his first touch has come leaps and bounds over the years.

All he needs to add to his game is 1v1 dribbling. You only need 1 or 2 moves to get past a defender with that amount of pace lad.
I thought you meant 30 goals in EPL alone. Still won't count on him to score that amount of goals unless a lot of them are against mickey mouse teams.

Lex wrote:Still with the archaic belief that Walcott isn't a good player? Get with the times, dany
My opinion of the little one trick pony will never change. For me he is a player who lacks intelligence and versatility of a world class forward and that is not going to change as he gets more experienced.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon 02 Sep 2013, 01:19

danyjr wrote:
Gil wrote:22 goals and 16 assists last season. Think he can increase his tally by 8+ with Cazorla, Ozil, Wilshere and Ramsey supplying him.

I thought you meant 30 goals in EPL alone. Still won't count on him to score that amount of goals unless a lot of them are against mickey mouse teams.

Lex wrote:Still with the archaic belief that Walcott isn't a good player? Get with the times, dany
My opinion of the little one trick pony will never change. For me he is a player who lacks intelligence and versatility of a world class forward and that is not going to change as he gets more experienced.
how can a one trick pony get that many goals and assists...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon 02 Sep 2013, 01:47

He won't leave.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 02 Sep 2013, 01:55

Valkyrja wrote:He won't leave.
OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 12 Head-in-sand
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:03

Mole Laughing

Madrid embarrassing themselves even more. Sell a better player for half the price of a player you don't even need. :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:04

doesnt matte how good ozil is if he cant play on the right and refuses to make efforts defending.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:06

Nick, you do realize Bale is absolute dog shit at defending?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:09

Pls no Sad
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:09

hes no DM but he will look like maldini compared to di maria and ozil.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:10

vanDEEZ wrote:hes no DM but he will look like maldini compared to di maria and ozil.
You clearly haven't watched him then Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:10

vanDEEZ wrote:hes no DM but he will look like maldini compared to di maria and ozil.
Laughing You are in for a shock.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:10

Bale isn't dog shit at defending, he was a LB ffs.

He wasn't a particularly outstanding LB defensively and he didn't do much defending last season but that was due to his free roam role where he didn't do much defending because AVB said so.

He's not Lennon tracking back but he's certainly not Ozil. He'll do his part if he's asked to, and he can do that to a degree that is sufficient.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:11

Cbarca, how many games did Tottenham win with Bale as a LB? hmm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:12

have you guys watched ozil or di maria lately? di maria is headless and ozil has the stamina of a 90 year old smoker.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next