Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

+47
Lex
RealGunner
LeBéninois
Ion Creanga
urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
Lord Spencer
lszanto
TenMenWonTheLeague
Grooverider
Abramovich
donttreadonred
mr-r34
Motogp69
aleumdance
futbol
DuringTheWar
cyberman
McAgger
VendettaRed07
B-Mac
BarrileteCosmico
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
Adit
Blue Barrett
Highburied
Red Alert
ExtremistEnigma
Firenze
The_Badger
DeletedUser#1
Suarez99
S
Le Samourai
CBarca
vivabarca38
Tomwin Lannister
EL Patron
AltoZ
The Franchise
jibers
Gil
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
51 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 3 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:05 pm

He's not serious lol.

Anyway back on topic pls.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 3 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Adit Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Let the transfer actually happen bra. Do any one seriously thinks Arsenal are getting Benzema this late in the window?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Adit wrote:Let the transfer actually happen bra. Do any one seriously thinks Arsenal are getting Benzema this late in the window?
Y so srs? i said its a hypothetical thread to discuss if it would be the most exciting title race in years if the transfers happen.

Don't understand the srs tbh its like people don't want it to happen Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:08 pm

The_Badger wrote:No, I made the point that other top teams in Europe were poor.

Please read what has actually been posted in future, or I will simply continue to treat your comments with the disdain and contempt they deserve.

Thanks.
Yes, and like I said, you also said this:

The_Badger wrote:Only Man Utd were an exceptional team then. Fergie had created probably the strongest squad in his career.

That rules out Liverpool & Chelsea in your opinion, doesn't it? Then why are you being so emotional? Its just a football discussion ffs. Relax.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Clearly you're not familiar with the word 'exceptional'. Maybe English isn't your first language therefore I forgive you.

Now, please stay on topic. Thumbs up 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:14 pm

S wrote:Who's denying English teams werent the best 5 years ago ? Nobody.

But its also a fact that the two Spanish heavyweights were poor teams with Barca especially coming to an end of a cycle.Bayern were hardly feared at the time.They had a lot of holes in their team.

Basically the competition was reduced to between the Spanish and English teams back then but now there's a lot more competition now , a lot of quality teams from other leagues.Expecting EPL to dominate the CL again is premboy delusion.
No one said English teams are going to dominate the CL right now.

The point here is, its unfair to say English teams were great but other teams were weak and then proceed to flip the standard for present day English teams compared to the best European teams. Everyone knows English football isn't currently what it used to be. Do you think we should go ahead and discredit the success of the current powerhouses because English teams have been poor?

INB4Thereismorecompetitionnow

You mentioned English & Spanish teams 5 years ago but somehow failed to mention Italian teams? Or are we also going to assume Milan & Inter weren't top teams then?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:16 pm

The_Badger wrote:Clearly you're not familiar with the word 'exceptional'. Maybe English isn't your first language therefore I forgive you.
Right. Brilliant response. Very insightful.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:16 pm

Back on topic, I think Villa can finish top 7 if they keep up this level of play.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Back on topic, I think Villa can finish top 7 if they keep up this level of play.
Calm down lol

West Ham, Southhampton, Everton and Swansea are all better.

They have played well but it's down to both Chelsea and Arsenal underperforming more than anything else.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Gil wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Back on topic, I think Villa can finish top 7 if they keep up this level of play.
Calm down lol

They have played well but it's down to both Chelsea and Arsenal underperforming more than anything else.
Everton and Swansea, I agree. Southampton is debatable. West Ham, no. Just no Laughing

You don't think their performances had anything to do with the way Chelsea & Arsenal underperformed?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:17 pm

^ we'll find out on saturday. I think we'll burst their bubble.

Everyone on VillaTalk expects a 3-1 , 4-1 win for Villa Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:^ we'll find out on saturday. I think we'll burst their bubble.

6 points clear of Man United after the Clasico next year, i guarantee ya.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:24 pm

rofl Take a lap mate

Im bullish on Villa, but expecting higher than mid table is expecting a miracle
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Gil wrote:
Calm down lol

Everton and Swansea, I agree. Southampton is debatable. West Ham, no. Just no Laughing

You don't think their performances had anything to do with the way Chelsea & Arsenal underperformed?
West Ham finished above Villa last season so I don't see what's funny.

Carroll, Cole, Nolan, Downing, Noble and Diame is alot better than anything Villa have to offer.

Southhampton on the other hand are undoubtedly better.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:^ we'll find out on saturday. I think we'll burst their bubble.

Sturridge & Coutinho will abuse that back line.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:35 pm

You do have a point. I guess we'll just have to see then. Right now, I'm predicting they finish in the top half.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:43 pm

We'll finish above Villa once we sign the New Drogba, New Zidane and Nigerian Prime Bastos.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We'll finish above Villa once we sign the New Drogba, New Zidane and Nigerian Prime Bastos.
Who are those?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:11 pm

I think it was the feeling all alone, Fergie leavign weaken Man U, Man C to improve from the manager change and Mourinho back at Chelsea. The top 3 are above the others teams with Arsenal disappointing again.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:53 pm

As I see it right now there are only 3 contenders. If Spurs and Arsenal follow through on their rumored plans the race to the top 4 will be very interesting, but I still see a sizable gap between 3rd and 4th.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We'll finish above Villa once we sign the New Drogba, New Zidane and Nigerian Prime Bastos.
Who are those?
Gomis, Gourcuff and Ayew :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:56 pm

I think the CL race will be more interesting than the title race personally.

I can't see past the two Manchester clubs. The way some people rate Mou is quite frightening though. As if adding him to a largely unchanged first team will guarantee 20 extra points or something Laughing

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I think the CL race will be more interesting than the title race personally.

I can't see past the two Manchester clubs. The way some people rate Mou is quite frightening though. As if adding him to a largely unchanged first team will guarantee 20 extra points or something Laughing

Chelsea already have a squad capable of winning the title. Mourinho will make them difficult to beat which is where they'll pick up points they lost under Di Matteo/Benitez.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Gil wrote:
Calm down lol

lol.. West Ham have more chances of finishing 7th than the others.

Everton: new manager, new style of play, Fellaini and Baines potentially leaving
Swansea: Europe to deal with
Soton: new players, need to break into top half first

Meanwhile West Ham have players that suit Big Sam's hoofballin' style and PL experienced as well.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Who are those?
Gomis, Gourcuff and Ayew :coffee:
Gomis is meh. Gourcuff is just another arteta and Ayew is Ghanaian :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Mole already listed how the top 5 is gonna play out by the end of the season in original post

United
City
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal

:coffee:

subconsciously he already knows Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next