Art Morte
Red Alert
McAgger
vegfootball
RedOranje
23 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:00 pm

something-red wrote:We had a bid accepted meaning we could therefore had the right to speak to Willian.

Willian just simply chose Tottenham over us.
Willian didn't choose Spurs over us. We didn't want to go any higher in the bidding race when it was our turn. And most of us (and you as well) are glad for it because any man with two eyes could see Willian wasn't worth the 35m.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Fahim89 wrote:I don't know if any of you would agree or not I personally feel that we have a bunch of owners in FSG who are ready to be patient & BUILD on the legacy & not rush it or buy it.

A major example is the spending on YOUTH in recent windows we have been rumored to have bought the cream of the upcoming youth. & in recent times in youth set ups players have been really interested in coming to LFC. You see because you promote youth we advertise youth.

The logic is simple WE CANNOT COMPETE with the SHEIKH or ROMAN, we need to build slowly & we need to build through our youth.

The frustration is going to be there & I myself am also gonna shout at FSG & Ayre at times. Not BR cause i guess i am too fond of him. But yes i will curse & shout . . .because quite simply i am a fan. But if you think logically the method chosen is the method we need to have to progress forward.

Short term ambitions won't be made but long term targets would be achieved which would also be SUSTAINABLE. Building in youth gives you options & opportunities to expand far greater then the SHEIKH or ROMAN way. Helps you built a legacy.

And I believe in that. So, no matter what we have to give this idea this model another 5 years to finally cry about it. Also one of the greatest positives in this revolution for me is the STYLE of PLAY we are trying to achieve. I love it & I admire BR even more for that & i strongly believe that is what in a year or two is going to make us better then most & not the Multi-Millionaire acquisitions.

Would like your arguments about this but this just simply is what i believe in. But doesn't necessarily mean i am not going to cry about losing targets I am a fan at the end of the day.  
Beautiful post and I think most of us comprehend this and agree with it. I think the biggest frustration that we have atm is that this season, perhaps, is the first season in a half a decade where we stand a legitimate chance of getting top 4 with a signing or two. And it, further, hurts even more is that we were promised these signing. However, the one positive is that we can say it wasn't for the lack of trying as we definitely have.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:10 pm

something-red wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Gylfi Siggurdson? Can see us being linked to him in the next couple of weeks, but don't think Spurs will sell to us. :X
No thank you. If the player doesn't absolutely improve us then I genuinely don't want to spend anymore. There, I said it :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:45 pm

No im not comfortable with the squad, One injury to a consistent player and we are *bleep*, Read Lucas/Sturridge/Coutinho.

I have faith in the players who arent consistent though ie Henderson, Srktel.

But no im not comfortable, we need another CB and LW/RW (whichever) to be comfortable imo.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 pm

I think, as I and others have already said, that the club will still try to make 2 more signings before the close of the window. An attacking player (after missing out on other targets) and probably a CB due to Coates injury seem to be on the agenda. I know some people are still hoping for Alderweireld or Papadopoulos but I have a feeling if we sign a CB it will be a youngster like Ilori, and we'll make another move for Papa in January if his fitness holds.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:53 am

Yesssssssssss our marque signing is on the way!!! According to The Independent we are on the verge of signing 10m pounds midfielder Will Hughes from Derby County!!! drinking drinking drinking 

10m pounds for a 18yro who we will most likely send back to Derby for this year!!!! Yes that would spending smart if true!!! drinking drinking drinking 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-on-the-verge-of-securing-10m-derby-midfielder-will-hughes-8779076.html

:brickwall: :facepalm: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:57 am

btw the lad is a massive LFC fan. .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:59 am

stevieg8 wrote:Am I the only one who's comfortable with this squad right now?  I'm starting to feel like waiting to make transfers is worth the extra PR boost, because doing the smart thing and getting players in early makes the fans forget about those deals by the time the season starts.

We're not doing the same thing as Arsenal right now, because we're identifying targets, bidding enough for them, and in many cases - signing them (five players in this summer so far!!!).  And the result is the best our squad has looked for some time, especially on the attacking end with the depth we have.  With a little luck, I think this squad could make top 4 with no changes to it.  Yes, we'd need the luck more now than we would with a few extra players, but we'll need things to go our favor to get top 4 any year.

I think we truly need another CB in for depth.  Aside from that, I don't think there are any "needs" in this squad.  Would I like to see a marquee signing up top with Cou/Sturridge/Suarez?  Of course I would, but rotating Sterling/Ibe/Aspas/Hendo/Allen/Alberto would still leave us with enough attacking quality on the field to challenge in every game.  Would I like the CB we bring in to be starting 11 quality?  Of course I would, but we have 3 players on the roster right now with experience excelling in starting roles in the PL.  Would I like to see a true backup for Lucas brought in?  Of course I would, but as long as he doesn't have a long layoff again, I think we have enough cover.

Again, this requires things to go right; we haven't yet grabbed our season in our own control yet.  But we've improved from last year, and we've improved massively from the start of last season, and the squad looks solid from top to bottom.  The season's already under way, we've got 3 points and a cohesive squad that look like they want to play for the badge, the manager, and each other.  It's time to stop stressing over Willian or Turan or Mkhitaryan or whoever else, and get behind this team.  They're already good enough.
We were always going to improve this season from last, though. This is the first time in 5 years that the playing group has had to play a consecutive playing style with the same manager 2 years in a row. So the players won't have to be adapting to new styles and new training regimes. They also know what is expected by them from BR, and they all should have a clear idea on the playing style now. Not too mention that the likes of Raheem, Wisdom, Coutinho have all improved from the last year or so. Plus, Downing is gone.

With that said, the 2 signings are a must. They're definitely not for PR reasons.

All our signings, bar Mignolet, have only really added to the squad - which we did need as depth IS important, but we also needed to improve the initial starting XI. At the end of the day, quality is always better than quantity. You just have to look at our 2008/09 squad. We only really had 8 quality players that season (we only have like what, 2 now?), and they got us title challenging. The only reason United beat us that year was the fact that they depth so like I said, depth is also important. We seemed to get the depth part right this window, but we needed the quality in too.

This current crop is not good enough for CL football. And I say that with or without Luis Suarez in the team. Right now, we're going to be hoping that Arsenal / Spurs have a below par year for us to get there and expect Luis to have another big year to help achieve the goal (top 4). That's no disrespect to the current playing squad at the moment, but both the Mancs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all have superior squads than we do, that's not a lie, that's a fact.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:01 am

Now waiting patiently for reports "Spurs hijack move for Derby Wonderkid from Liverpool"

:facepalm: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:02 am

Nishank wrote:No im not comfortable with the squad, One injury to a consistent player and we are *bleep*, Read Lucas/Sturridge/Coutinho.

But no im not comfortable, we need another CB and LW/RW (whichever) to be comfortable imo.
Henderson was our arguably our most consistent player last year.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:03 am

Fahim89 wrote:Yesssssssssss our marque signing is on the way!!! According to The Independent we are on the verge of signing 10m pounds midfielder Will Hughes from Derby County!!! drinking drinking drinking 

10m pounds for a 18yro who we will most likely send back to Derby for this year!!!! Yes that would spending smart if true!!! drinking drinking drinking 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-on-the-verge-of-securing-10m-derby-midfielder-will-hughes-8779076.html

:brickwall: :facepalm: 
That'd probably be paid in instalments.

That won't affect us signing a marquee signing.

And if it does, hopefully this helps bring in Eriksen as he's value is around the 15m mark. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:05 am

something-red wrote:
Nishank wrote:No im not comfortable with the squad, One injury to a consistent player and we are *bleep*, Read Lucas/Sturridge/Coutinho.

Henderson was our arguably our most consistent player last year.
I can't even, Just No!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:11 am

Really? Who was more consistent?

Agger?

Henderson was there. He hardly played a poor game, and his performances are the reason why he won over Rodgers.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:17 am

Suarez and Gerrard for one
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:24 am

McAgger wrote:Suarez and Gerrard for one
That's two.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:24 am

Gerrard had a slow start, Glen Johnson had a poor finish, Suarez (for me) was our most consistent, but he had some poor run of games too. Henderson was definitely up there.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:26 am

On Will Hughes, has anyone actually seen him play? He looks good on youtube, but then, so does Voronin.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:27 am

something-red wrote:Gerrard had a slow start, Glen Johnson had a poor finish, Suarez (for me) was our most consistent, but he had some poor run of games too. Henderson was definitely up there.
Henderson wasn't even a starter until late November.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:31 am

Yes, when Rodgers didn't think he had a role to play.

He then never put a foot wrong in the games he played and won Rodgers over.

Honestly. How many "bad" games did Henderson play?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:38 am

Spurs in for Ilori. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:57 am

£10m for this Hughes kid does sound risky, it's a lot of money and more often than not promising young players don't become quite as good as you thought they would. On the other hand, if I remember right, Arsenal paid £10m for an 18-yo Oxlade-Chamberlain and that's not looking bad business.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:10 am

McAgger wrote:
something-red wrote:Gerrard had a slow start, Glen Johnson had a poor finish, Suarez (for me) was our most consistent, but he had some poor run of games too. Henderson was definitely up there.
Henderson wasn't even a starter until late November.
I guess that was the consistency hmm can't find any other aspect of it . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:59 am

BR's pre-match presser is today . . . can already be sure what he is saying on transfers. . . The broken record in full throttle . .

"We are working tirelessly on the background. The team have been fabulous. One more maybe by the end. Owners have been great"
:facepalm: :facepalm: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:56 am

Henderson was good last year, Any day better than the year before that. But i dont see him starting every game for us yet.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 am

According to Le Parisien, Sakho wants to come to Liverpool regardless of Milan and others being interested... wants to play all the time.

It would be an extremely good signing if it happens.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:37 am

How reliable are they sports? Or they equivalent to the Daily Mail? Sad

Regardless, Mr Ayre has to try and sign both of Sakho and Eriksen before the window shuts. They're both on their last year contracts, so it won't be hard! Especially if they're both keen in moving. :X

Last edited by something-red on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next