iNFINITY9910
lszanto
Kick
Soul
Shed
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Aston Villa - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Post by Shed Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Aston Villa - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Now that is a strike by a striker!! Almost!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Kraken causing Villa all sorts of problems.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Mou finds a friend and Cech is still brilliant! Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs Aston Villa - Page 3 Whew
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Judging by the handballs given before in the game, I think that should have been given to Villa. We had enough luck and made it count.

Lukaku showed that he is the best striker we have right now and he should not be coming off the bench every game, United game should be interesting if he starts.

We can't seem to get off second gear. Need to keep up the high tempo and need the final clinical passes.

I'm really sleepy.. good night Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Close call. Good play from Lukaku after he came on. Happy that we've had to work for the win else we'd risk taking it too easy against United
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Result aside, that was a poor performance. 69% possession and what, 2 legitimate chances created the entire match? Our opener being an own goal and the winner a header from a player who probably shouldn't even have been on the pitch anyway and who was also offside, not to mention a stonewall penalty for Villa in stoppage time via a JT handball being turned down.

Hardly anything to write home about these opening 2 fixtures....
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:57 pm

That's true. Mourinho is smart enough to know that to work on improving them I guess
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Lovely to hear Stan Collymore on talkshite crying robbery. Don't recall him saying much on Saturday when the ref basically handed Villa their win at the Emirates on a silver platter. Hypocritical doofus.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm

What do you guys think? Better with mata in the middle or Oscar in the middle. I feel we will get murdered by united if we play like we have been Sad
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:59 am

José Mourinho admits his side had to "win ugly" against Aston Villa:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8882122

"In matches at the Bernebau, Real Madrid win every match and usually very comfortably."

"This is what I missed about the Premier League. This was hard."
"Maybe they deserved a point in the end, it wouldn't have been unfair."

"They have their style which is not my style. They have a special player in Benteke and they put long balls into him - he makes a lot of fouls as do their defenders so it's difficult to have a game of quality with them."

"But they are good on counter-attack. The moment they get the ball they are very dangerous and can score a lot of goals so we had a plan not to give them chance to counter."
"The long ball game, you can't control. The game becomes ugly, but we fought a lot. The players tried to adapt and gave their life to get the three points."

"Sometimes you have to win on effort rather than quality."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:44 am

Uncanny wrote:What do you guys think?  Better with mata in the middle or Oscar in the middle.  I feel we will get murdered by united if we play like we have been Sad
Mata is out of form. Give him another week or two and he will be back. Till then others gotta kick in!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 am

Why on earth are Terry and Cahill starting CBs? They really are not good enough for me, not taking anything away from Benteke but they just were not good enough. If Luiz isn't fit then I don't see why Ivan isn't playing CB with Azpilicueta RB.

Also our lack of rotation was fairly dumb, we finally have the depth to rotate and still keep our squad top quality and we don't use it.

Ba was to blame for the lack of chances imo, lost track of the amount of times he was offside today and generally did nothing.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:46 am

It was a poor showing but a win is a win.

Mata is suffering from the lack of pre season and I really want to see MVG play a bit more.

Anyone else think that Ramires is going to be a starter all season long?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:43 am

Yeah 3 points is 3 points but I guess there's alot of room to improve.

I don't think so, to me he just isn't good enough at playing CM in 4231. He's best when we exploit his pace on the counter and when he breaks through, not when he's heaped with defensive responsibility. I'm really hoping we see a different pairing at the back and in the pivot come tuesday. While it was enough for Hull and Villa I don't think it will be for United. I'd like to see Mikel with somebody that can pass well to start the attacks and I definitely want De Bruyne starting.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:50 am

lszanto wrote:Yeah 3 points is 3 points but I guess there's alot of room to improve.

I don't think so, to me he just isn't good enough at playing CM in 4231. He's best when we exploit his pace on the counter and when he breaks through, not when he's heaped with defensive responsibility. I'm really hoping we see a different pairing at the back and in the pivot come tuesday. While it was enough for Hull and Villa I don't think it will be for United. I'd like to see Mikel with somebody that can pass well to start the attacks and I definitely want De Bruyne starting.
I thought he was one of our better players last night. Put MVG who looks solid defencively and can pass next to him and he'll do a fine job.

What I really like is he is much more mobile than Mikel.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:52 am

In rugby league we have a saying that its better to win ugly at the start of the season then it is to win well, and this truly was an ugly win.

This game was also another glaring indicator that we need another CF, Torres is useless and as good as Ba is, hes never been Chelsea quality

As for Ramires, Mou has always played with an engine in his midfield; Essien at Chelsea and Khedira at RM, theres no question in my mind that he is going to play plenty of football this season
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:53 am

Essien and Khedira are much better passers though. With Ramires we can hold the ball fine but we don't do anything with it.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:56 am

Hence why MVG should be his partner. While Lampard's positioning is fantastic, he is not the defender that MVG has shown to be. Put MVG next to him, bring DL4 into CB and tell Ramires to pass to those two.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:58 am

lszanto wrote:Essien and Khedira are much better passers though. With Ramires we can hold the ball fine but we don't do anything with it.
True, a prime Essien and Khedira right now are both all round better players then Ramires, but in terms of getting up andd own the pitch, all three tick that box
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:59 am

Personally i would like to see Mikel and Oscar play behind KDB, Mata and Hazard
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 am

I hope not against Utd.

Cech
Azpilicueta Luiz/Ivanovic Terry Cole
Ramires Lampard/Van Ginkel
KDB Oscar Hazard
Lukaku

Should be the team against Utd.

If Oscar was to play in the pivot, it would have been against Hull or Villa.

Is anyone else really disapointed by Schurrle so far?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:08 am

Rather than hammering on Chelsea's performance, how about you lot give credit to Villa? It isn't always about Chelsea. Villa played a great game and could have easily won or at least drawn the match.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:10 am

they did defend well.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am

Ba was beyond awful! 2/10.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next