dostoevsky
BarcaKizz
beatrixasdfghjk.
fatman123
Red Alert
18 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Can't put both and they didn't put up a pirate flag option. Sad Anyway, I don't really consider it that important.

The admins + Kizz are carried over from the goal.com forums, they were posters who gave up their time and effort back then and who created these forums as instant response to goal.com randomly closing their forums without warning. I'm the only new mod since the move since the Milan section is huge and the admins decided it required a moderator.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:48 pm

Yes, well who picked them on the Goal forums?
I WAS ON THE GOAL.COM FORUMS, YOU KNOW.
The only downside to these ones is that it's blocked at school ==

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Not sure about the initial admins, though I'm pretty sure it would be the same process of popular election that JD, Kizz and moi went through. At least I'm fairly certain JD was an election.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:58 pm

JD?
Is admin or mod better?
Razz
RealGunner (Y)

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:59 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
dostoevsky, you don't happen to be Australian, do you?
.__.

Who else goes on this forum? lol

Anyway Dost...Italian-Australian?? Well in my books if you live in Australia then you're Australian. What is Australian? In truth... Australians are Australian Aborigines... the rest of us are just the modern day inhabitants of this land. It doesn't matter if you're family has been here 200 years or 10.

I think its cool that people like to hold on to their identity as having a nationality other than 'Australian', but I don't think they should be seen as conflicting. This has led to disgusting things like the Cronulla Riots. Part of being Australian in today's society for many people is having your own cultural identity.

I think you should see yourself as Australian and Italian. Very Happy Have pride fella!

Interesting hypothetical: If you had the choice of playing for Italy or Australia in football, who would you choose? (Disregard sporting matters and history etc. I want this done on a matter of feeling.)
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Admins can ban people.

But Kizz and I deal with fewer crazy people because we have less responsibility. Razz

Also Kizz, I'm an Italian citizen and I'm an Australian citizen, so Italian-Australian seems about as official a description as I can give. If what youi mean is I should say Italian and Australian without the hyphen, then fair enough. Very Happy Unofficially though I'm totally Asian. Razz

For feeling, I'd definitely play for Italy. It would depend on who gave me my chance though, I wouldn't believe on turning my back on those who believed in me. If I had the talent to be noticed by both though, I would go with Italy on feeling, even if I knew I'd be turning my back on the more successful team. Italy resonates with me more, though I love living in Australia.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Actually there hasn't really ever been elections for moderator positions.

On the Goal.com forums the Admin was Morpheus who worked for Goal.com. There were a few other admins, but they were virtually non-existent. Morph pretty much chose RealGunner, McLewis and Redoranje as moderators (I'm sure they were nominated and backed by popular approval) once the forum became big.

There was also a poster called Larisano, a Barca fan, who was one of the earlier mods. He had to leave so I was asked by Morph to take over as the mod of the Barca section. Considering I rarely posted in the general section (pretty much never), I just was a Barca mod. I guess this is why I was not made an admin here lol Evil or Very Mad I went away for a while so Barcafandani (The Franchise) replaced me for a bit, but then I came back so we were both mods.

JackDaniels (Kantutan) and DeviAngel were made mods quite recently by Morpheus but they were key in making this forum so basically that core of people became admins... I continued as a moderator and Dost was excellently chosen for mod on the Milan section.

Interestingly... I lobbied Morph for a Socceroos section for a few months... and thats why we're here Very Happy
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 pm

^^^

So pretty much ignore everything I just said about choosing mods because it was horrifically inaccurate. Razz

I miss Larisano's presence, he's a wonderful poster.

I'm going to get some study done before a few hours sleep, good night fellas.

Excuse me if I wish your team terrible luck and say that whenever you close your eyes tonight my signature shall haunt your dreams :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:11 pm

THE FRANCHISE IS BARCAFANDANI?
D:

It's just moderator sounds cooler than admin, so I was disappointed that RealGunner was 'only' an admin.
I mean, he's only got two stars on his profile or whatever :L
What can moderators do then?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:14 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Admins can ban people.

But Kizz and I deal with fewer crazy people because we have less responsibility. Razz

Also Kizz, I'm an Italian citizen and I'm an Australian citizen, so Italian-Australian seems about as official a description as I can give. If what youi mean is I should say Italian and Australian without the hyphen, then fair enough. Very Happy Unofficially though I'm totally Asian. Razz

For feeling, I'd definitely play for Italy. It would depend on who gave me my chance though, I wouldn't believe on turning my back on those who believed in me. If I had the talent to be noticed by both though, I would go with Italy on feeling, even if I knew I'd be turning my back on the more successful team. Italy resonates with me more, though I love living in Australia.

Fair enough.

What really annoys me is some Italian, Serbian etc. etc. communities in Australia often boo Australia... or worse, swear at them etc. I really don't like this hostile attitude and I'm not sure why these people do it. It goes the other way I guess, as some other Australians are hostile to these communities. I just would like everyone to be proud and thankful of the fact they live here, and get along. I want peace and pride man smoking

Completely different, but it also annoys me (though I don't blame them if its genuine feeling of course) that we lose so many good players to other countries. Ersan Gulum was a good recent example. Cristian Vieri is probably the best... Vieri is not as extreme as Gulum though... Gulum sounds Australian, he is Australian and practically the main reason he isn't playing for Australia is because his grandpa or something told him to play for Turkey... This is sad...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Well you won't get peace and pride by smoking (:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:19 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:THE FRANCHISE IS BARCAFANDANI?
D:

It's just moderator sounds cooler than admin, so I was disappointed that RealGunner was 'only' an admin.
I mean, he's only got two stars on his profile or whatever :L
What can moderators do then?

On the old forums I could also ban people... but on here I actually haven't even wanted to ban people... so its fine.

We edit posts, threads... make things stickies... can merge threads etc. Pretty much we have complete control over the actual forum in terms of discussion. Maybe I shall demonstrate my mod powers shortly... :coffee:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:21 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Well you won't get peace and pride by smoking (:

Depends on what you're smoking...

But for the record... I smoke neither... but there's that idea of the 'peace-pipe' no?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Oh no, that's just crap ==

I go to school, then stay at home FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. NOT ALL OF THE DAY .__.
I'm rather boring.

Kizz, you are a god though. Thought I'd just let you know. :bow: :bow: :bow:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Don't worry Beatrix, in 9 hours ANY Barcelona avatar is probably going to be painful for me.
Well that wasn't that bad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:04 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Don't worry Beatrix, in 9 hours ANY Barcelona avatar is probably going to be painful for me.
Well that wasn't that bad.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:10 am

Wish I was Australian.

That is all :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:58 am

Going back to page 5, and I think page 6?

Saddests of all sads you guys are. Neutral

I'll "walk alone" for now. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:43 am

Yes ynwa, have fun (:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:03 am

Could I please bring this thread to the attention of some of the mods?
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8075-emails

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:04 pm

yo beatrixasdfghjk what subjects are you taking atm, if we've got some common ones i might be able to help you out
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm still Year 10 (:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:36 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:I'm still Year 10 (:
didnt you have an eco premlim the other day?
well you woulve picked your subjects by now so what did you pick?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:48 pm

I told you, I accelerated Ec (:
Three maths, three english, phy, chem, and then my ec.

Thinking of doing a fasttracked accounting course at TAFE :L

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:55 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:I told you, I accelerated Ec (:
Three maths, three english, phy, chem, and then my ec.

Thinking of doing a fasttracked accounting course at TAFE :L

WTF!
why accelerate eco? yr 10 is ment to be the ebst yr of your life, cruse through the year, get through that joke called the school cetificate, finish early and get like 10weeks holidays, yr10 formal and then its summer!!
of all of them that your doing/done im dropped ext1 eng after yr 11 (youd never guess by my spelling aye Wink) and i still do chem, and to the avergae person id say, watch out with chem and think it through carefuly its one of the hardest HSC subjects, one which i personally regret choosing, but for you.........i think youll be ok

with all those subjects what kind of field you trying to get into?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:02 pm

I accelerated ec cos it's the only accelerated subject we offer :L

Maybe computing or medicine?
Yes, very related fields.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next