Red Alert
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
Art Morte
76 posters

Page 30 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:47 am

Kolo caused a penalty on Benteke when he pushed him in the box, he was lucky the ref didn't see it.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:49 am

McAgger wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
McAgger wrote:Kolo will NOT be bullied at all. I think he might be the one doing the bullying on Benteke. You heard it here fist.
You actually think Kolo is the second coming of Christ Laughing

Poor McAgger Laughing
rofl

something-red wrote:Benteke will kill us... Mignolet will have to save the day if we want to get anything out of this game.

Our defence is no better than last years really.  
rofl

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
McAgger wrote:"Benteke will kill us" yeah sounds so realistic :coffee:
He's done it twice before so yeah it does actually.
rofl

Pls go

McAgger Proud what a signing Kolo is :bow:
Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 30 9UNUy5G

Looking like a top 3 CB in the league :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:10 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Kolo caused a penalty on Benteke when he pushed him in the box, he was lucky the ref didn't see it.
There was only one penalty shout in the match, and it wasn't in Liverpool's box. The shoving was consistently let go... Benteke had a chance made earlier in the match by pushing Toure as the ball came in. That incident wasn't called as a foul and it set the tone for the rest of the time.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:01 am

We played with 10 men behind the ball McAgger... even then Benteke still managed to have his way and get some threatening shots towards Mignolet's goal.

Mignolet saved us 2 points, again.

The only real people that performed that game were Mignolet, Enrique, Gerrard and Sturridge. The rest were average / poor. Coutinho's only highlight was that step over before Sturridge's goal.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 am

As much as you're trying you can't hide the fact that Toure has performed well in both matches so far. Rarely did we ever have 10 men behind the ball except when Villa were passing it around their defensive line. Even in the second half when sitting back and defending we kept at least two players pushed up a bit rather than having them just around the box.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:05 am

Apologies, 9 men behind the ball.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:06 am

On the bright side, Sturridge is slowly winning me over. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:08 am

Benteke managed to have nothing, is what Benteke managed to have. Kolo bullied him all game :bow: . He had 3 shots all game, one of them fell to him luckily from the corner in the first half and he took a shot straight away knowing Kolo would eat him alive if he took another second and Mig saved it easily. Another one was a header from another corner in the second half which was the only time during the whole game where Benteke got the better of Toure and he scuffed the header wide. And the third was his best chance when he was put through on goal and Kolo came over and made himself a menace and took away the far post shot leaving Benteke only the inside post to aim  at.

I don't know why you hatin' on my main man Kolo. What a singing :bow::bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:10 am

How did Benteke bully him? Laughing

Benteke had 3 clear cut chances but didn't take his chances. Only one of those were a header. The other was at the end of the first half where he forced a save from Mignolet (when he stepped Kolo in), and the other at the end of the second half (when he killed Agger, not Kolo, to be fair). That's on Benteke, and to an extent Mignolet, not Kolo.

He also set one up for Weimann who's shot deflected off Agger and narrowly went over the bar.

You're really overrating his performance last night.

Last edited by something-red on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:10 am

either way it's just funny given City's CB problems right now with injuries Proud

and letting Kolo walk on a free
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:20 am

something-red wrote:How did Benteke bully him? Laughing

Benteke had 3 clear cut chances but didn't take his chances. Only one of those were a header. The other was at the end of the first half where he forced a save from Mignolet (when he stepped Kolo in), and the other at the end of the second half (when he killed Agger, not Kolo, to be fair). That's on Benteke, and to an extent Mignolet, not Kolo.

He also set one up for Weimann who's shot deflected off Agger and narrowly went over the bar.

You're really overrating his performance last night.
You clearly didn't read what I wrote. First I never said Benteke had more than 1 header that game. And those 3 clear cut chances you are talking about, I already thoroughly explained them in that post but you didn't get it so I'll do it again. He had only 1 clear cut chance NOT 3. The other two were barely half chances. And on the third one Kolo was never at fault but he had a huge hand in defending it and making sure Mignolet was put in a position to save it. Cmon pooi, you trying too hard because he's taken your boy Skrtel's spot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:23 am

B-Mac wrote:either way it's just funny given City's CB problems right now with injuries Proud

and letting Kolo walk on a free
I'm glad he's got a 2 year contract. Hopefully we extend him at seasons end depending on him continuing this form.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:45 am

Benteke had a couple decent shots which Mignolet did very well to keep out. Also, Kolo headed a ball perfectly right back to Agbonlahor ala Gallas:

Just like this one

Which he hit right away and missed the target, although it was a very good chance to score.

I still think Kolo did well, but I'm not going to call it a masterclass performance or anything, and you are kind of overrating him. That being said, getting him on a free with performances like this...Liverpool did well with him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:57 am

McAgger wrote:Benteke managed to have nothing, is what Benteke managed to have. Kolo bullied him all game :bow: . He had 3 shots all game, one of them fell to him luckily from the corner in the first half and he took a shot straight away knowing Kolo would eat him alive if he took another second and Mig saved it easily. Another one was a header from another corner in the second half which was the only time during the whole game where Benteke got the better of Toure and he scuffed the header wide. And the third was his best chance when he was put through on goal and Kolo came over and made himself a menace and took away the far post shot leaving Benteke only the inside post to aim  at.

..and then he said Kolo will not be a starter. Proud
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:09 am

I don't know should there be a thread for this or not, but...

What the hell is Cabaye doing, refusing to play after a £10m offer for him by Arsenal???

ffs, of course Newcastle are going to reject that low an offer, so why does he think he should be allowed to leave for peanuts and a couple of over-sized winter coats?

Ridiculous by Cabaye.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:27 pm

CBarca wrote:Benteke had a couple decent shots which Mignolet did very well to keep out. Also, Kolo headed a ball perfectly right back to Agbonlahor ala Gallas:

Which he hit right away and missed the target, although it was a very good chance to score.

I still think Kolo did well, but I'm not going to call it a masterclass performance or anything, and you are kind of overrating him. That being said, getting him on a free with performances like this...Liverpool did well with him.
That goes out the window, though.

Mistakes don't count unless the opposition scores... Rolling Eyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:58 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
McAgger wrote:Benteke managed to have nothing, is what Benteke managed to have. Kolo bullied him all game :bow: . He had 3 shots all game, one of them fell to him luckily from the corner in the first half and he took a shot straight away knowing Kolo would eat him alive if he took another second and Mig saved it easily. Another one was a header from another corner in the second half which was the only time during the whole game where Benteke got the better of Toure and he scuffed the header wide. And the third was his best chance when he was put through on goal and Kolo came over and made himself a menace and took away the far post shot leaving Benteke only the inside post to aim  at.

..and then he said Kolo will not be a starter. Proud
No. I said Kolo shouldn't be a starter. Massive difference.

Also, Rodgers words:

"Benteke has been brilliant - we've seen that in the first two games - but I thought as a team we nullified the threat.

"He did a great bit of skill in the first half and it looked in all the way, but the 'keeper [Mignolet] has made an outstanding save."

On the rare occasions he did briefly escape the attentions of Liverpool's defence, Benteke twice went close to finding the target for Villa only to be foiled by two excellent saves by Simon Mignolet.

"Simon's very concentrated on being a top, top 'keeper - he's very hungry," said Rodgers.
Why is Kolo getting all the credit again....?

And what's this about Benteke only having one chance to score?

He had a free header from a corner.
Caught Agger ball watching.
The shot just before half time...

He could of had a hat trick.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:21 pm

comment from Newcastle forum after today's game with west ham, you can feel the pain

Anyone who believes we can finish anywhere near the top 10 with this team and that clown in charge has a head that is full of dreams and magic. We are going to involved in a relegation scrap this year without a shadow of doubt. A few years back we were comfortably beating the likes of west ham at home, now we can't even get a shot on target. Morale is at an all time low surrounding this club. We are going into games without any belief at all. doubt we will even beat fulham. So much is needed here and anyone who has an ounce of footballing knowledge can see that. 9 days of transfers left. We could (probanbly will lose cabaye- sorryJoe- kebab) and tim krul. We will not replace them with anyone decent. The striker situation is shocking, having one of the worst players i have seen since Jason Lee in Shola and an ineffective puppet in Cisse. Remy, wait and see but for me we need another 2 in anyhow, will that happen, very much doubt it. ! new winger for the left side needed, stop playing jonas. Tiote, pants for me at the moment. More drive and pace needed in midfield and we should go at teams at home. Try 442 for f's sake pardew it is still used by top managers for a reason. Bobby robson used it to success and actually played players to their strengths like Robert and solano with pace. His teams are ineffective and have no guile at all. We look gutless and soft. Most of all we need a new manager who can come in and get the basics right. Ashley is a clown who will never put his hand in his pocket, so we habe to get the most out of what we have. someone who will motivate these players. :mad:
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Strange he mentioned Tiote and Jonas when neither played yesterday and we used 442 in both games.

He's right about Pardew though, my biggest issue yesterday was the 2 strikers.

The midfield 2 and back 4 were good but the front 2 were abysmal. Making no intelligent movement what so ever, no linking play and no running in behind to stretch defences.

I'm convinced if Gouffran and Sammy was picked over Shola and Cisse we would have won as they actually do the things I mentioned.

So Pardew majorly f*cked up there, but there's two areas where we lack which would still be a problem even if Klopp was in charge.

We have no attacking midfielder and no winger, desperately need to buy a winger and a 10 before the deadline perhaps even more so than a striker.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Toure won 75% duels and 66.7% aerial duels v Villa. Benteke 35.3% duels & 41.7% aerial duels:

Arsenal or chelsea could not stop Benteke but Kolo did:
kindly read the above article.
I am not trying to suggest that it is a WC performance, but when he did do a mistake and they could shoot that is why we have mignolet or then score extra goal like chelsea and still you need some lucky decisions. I am just happy that he did what he is supposed to do. Kolo+agger+mignolet-2 clean sheets :bow:
I also remember in the first half when benteke once ran past our defence line and toure could actually catch him...kolo 32 year old, doing job for us 🙇a well deserved starter till now.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:25 pm

No. I said Kolo shouldn't be a starter. Massive difference.
I was talking about McAgger lol.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:27 pm

line ups out yet??

I can make a better website than City's ffs

Looks like a year ten guy did it in School just to scrape pass in IT b-tec smfh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Cardiff City: Marshall; Connolly, Taylor, Caulker, Turner, Whitts, Medel, Campbell, Kim, Gunnarsson, Bellamy (C)

Still waiting on City Lineup. Hopefully another 4-0 performance
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Medel starts for Cardiff

Lescott - Javi Garcia defense for City rofl

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Medel to get a red card rofl

I am happy he is out of sevilla tho. wasnt very nice for our players to face him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:48 pm

They will get away with it against Cardiff.

They definitely need to be getting a CB though, Lescott is meh and Garcia isn't even a CB to begin with. rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next