Red Alert
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
Art Morte
76 posters

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 21 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14

Post by Adit Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Gil wrote:
Adit wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah if EPL fans call Swansea 'good' football it says more about the league than the quality of Swansea. I was explaining why there was no fapping. United play unattractively, this is subjective but I'm sure 90% of people would agree that game was a complete bore, so no one gets excited about them. Hence, no fapping.
Agreed. Good football deserves special praise...Moyes and Mou fans obviously disagrees but who cares...
You barely beat a mediocre team yesterday bruh.

Quiet down.
and your team beasted on hullcelona....gtfo

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 21 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:57 pm

S wrote:This good football thing :facepalm:I swear i've seen Mancini's team play good football but i dint see people mentioning that.Now that they have a coach who arrives from Lol Liga,everyone is expected to believe that Pellegrini has brought this 'new exciting brand of football' into City..
Exactly. lol

ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont get the big debate lol

I dont think anyone saying City are better than Utd, all they saying it seems to me is they played a more attractive game...nothing more or less.
Why you mad doe?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Pellegrini revolutionizing the donkeyy league Proud

Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:00 pm

They can play an attractive football, Roma also played an attractive football.

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 21 As_a_lifelong_resident_of_south_bend_indiana_most_people_are_shocked_at_my_reaction_to_notre_dame_being_ranked_1_but_honestly-12963

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Easy win for City. The analysis and in depth discussion about the weekend games is what I was really waiting for.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:00 pm

jibers wrote:

I dont think anyone saying City are better than Utd, all they saying it seems to me is they played a more attractive game...nothing more or less.
Why you mad doe?
Pls go

brb poverty centermid lolz
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Mediocre moyes first test will be against mou and his Chelsea boys, if they lose or draw at old Trafford then be will have to act in the transfer market which plays into evertons hands.
Moyes has never won any major trophy and will begin to crack when up against the big boys as he will feel the pressure from ferguson and stretfords end fans
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:01 pm

these NBC pundits are unbearable btw....gtfo
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:02 pm

NBC just said "He [Dzeko] will battle RVP for the golden boot" :facepalm:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Grooverider wrote:Mediocre moyes first test will be against mou and his Chelsea boys, if they lose or draw at old Trafford then be will have to act in the transfer market which plays into evertons hands.
Moyes has never won any major trophy and will begin to crack when up against the big boys as he will feel the pressure from ferguson and stretfords end fans
How do you know how will Moyes react? Maybe the pressure won't be a problem for him. Very Happy

@B-Mac #lol-legacy
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Pellegrini wants to build his team around Dzeko, doesn't he? Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:03 pm

No one should pay any attention to how good or bad any team is until after 10 games.

You can't take anything from anyone until then.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:04 pm

jibers wrote:According to you. Barcelona play sleeping drug football. We walked the league last season and should have won it the season before. But somehow City are better :facepalm:
Gil wrote:Swansea would finish 4th in La Liga lol.

How many teams in Pl history have won while playing what hipsters deem to be good football?

Arsenal's invincibles who were massively overrated and underachieved seems to be the only exception in recent times.
I never said City were better or mentioned results, don't put words into my mouth. In this conversation I never claimed that attractive football is better or likelier to produce wins. I said that fans don't get excited about boring football.

You see fans here claiming that City will win the league because of the way they play rather than the result. You don't see that with United because their football is less attractive and thus less exciting, even if it's more efficient or better suited to the league.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:05 pm

M99 wrote:Zabaleta assist Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 21 Smurff
plus clean sheet

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No one should pay any attention to how good or bad any team is until after 10 games.

You can't take anything from anyone until then.
10 games is too long. that's past 1/4 of the season. After 5 games, you have a pretty good idea of what you're going to be...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
Grooverider wrote:Mediocre moyes first test will be against mou and his Chelsea boys, if they lose or draw at old Trafford then be will have to act in the transfer market which plays into evertons hands.
How do you know how will Moyes react? Maybe the pressure won't be a problem for him. Very Happy

@B-Mac #lol-legacy
For me this is easy to answer

There is a huge difference in "we might be able to finish in the top six mr chairman"
Than "we've won the league"
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:
jibers wrote:

Why you mad doe?
Pls go

Cleverly would walk into your first 11.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
jibers wrote:According to you. Barcelona play sleeping drug football. We walked the league last season and should have won it the season before. But somehow City are better :facepalm:
Gil wrote:Swansea would finish 4th in La Liga lol.

How many teams in Pl history have won while playing what hipsters deem to be good football?

Arsenal's invincibles who were massively overrated and underachieved seems to be the only exception in recent times.
I never said City were better or mentioned results, don't put words into my mouth.  In this conversation I never claimed that attractive football is better or likelier to produce wins. I said that fans don't get excited about boring football.

You see fans here claiming that City will win the league because of the way they play rather than the result. You don't see that with United because their football is less attractive and thus less exciting, even if it's more efficient or better suited to the league.
Well, as I said before; I'd rather win the EPL with less attractive football than win the 4th place trophy with attractive football Laughing .
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Grooverider wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:

@B-Mac #lol-legacy
For me this is easy to answer

There is a huge difference in "we might be able to finish in the top six mr chairman"
Than "we've won the league"
there's also a huge difference in Champions of England Manchester United Squad and Everton shoe string budget squad
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Well, as I said before; I'd rather win the EPL with less attractive football than win the 4th place trophy with attractive football Laughing.
Of course, so would I. But when people ask "How come when United won against a better team with a similar result no one made hyperbolic statements abuot them?" I think the answer is that they're not an exciting side. It gets boring to repeat myself, but I never claimed that attractive football has any relationship with getting the result you want, so I'm not sure why people are getting defensive and mentioning results.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:09 pm

jibers wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
jibers wrote:

Why you mad doe?
Pls go

Cleverly would walk into your first 11.
Clev would walk into Brazil 70' first 11
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:09 pm

And all this shit about attractive football it's like the normalcy. Every person sees the normalcy in his own way.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:11 pm

I love Jamie Carragher. So much heart..
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:11 pm

Thread blew up.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:12 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:Well, as I said before; I'd rather win the EPL with less attractive football than win the 4th place trophy with attractive football Laughing.
Of course, so would I. But when people ask "How come when United won against a better team with a similar result no one made hyperbolic statements abuot them?" I think the answer is that they're not an exciting side. It gets boring to repeat myself, but I never claimed that attractive football has any relationship with getting the result you want, so I'm not sure why people are getting defensive and mentioning results.
Why you mad doe??
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next