Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 17 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

+20
Forza
dostoevsky
DeletedUser#1
JGUNZ
Robespierre
Art Morte
Dutti
Angoulême
Firenze
DavidVilla92
Kaladin
halamadrid2
jibers
Zero
Glory
archwooohh
Busby Babe
B-Mac
RED
Vlad the Impaler
24 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:02 pm

At least I know where Robben is, in Buttner's back pocket Cool

Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

Post by RED Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:03 pm

TBF to Hans, he wasn't arrogant and he never said they'll comfortably beat us.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Hans predicted 4-0 Anyway, I'm just messing with him. Friendly banter Razz
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Hans predicted 4-0 Anyway, I'm just messing with him. Friendly banter Razz

Seriously?  Laughing  I missed that. He prolly became bipolar in the run up to the game. lol
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Glad to see this performance by Vidic , not only for the goal ( he scored a similar header also against.....us Laughing in 2009)

Buttner was very brillaint, he was absolutely the  surprise today , considering the opponent then ...

only Fellaini was bad
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 pm

RED wrote:TBF to Hans, he wasn't arrogant and he never said they'll comfortably beat us.

but his trolling was becoming quite a pain these days, yea may be not related to this match. never letting go off any chance whatsoever to mock us.

he described us a POS of a club if i remember correctly, isnt it. well his world class team almost got beaten by our POS club here tonight.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
RED wrote:TBF to Hans, he wasn't arrogant and he never said they'll comfortably beat us.

but his trolling was becoming quite a pain these days, yea may be not related to this match. never letting go off any chance whatsoever to mock us.

he described us a POS of a club if i remember correctly, isnt it. well his world class team almost got beaten by our POS club here tonight.

Oh no, that was a misunderstanding. I thought the same thing too at the time. hans was referring to what Moyes was prolly thinking and paraphrased it.

Robes, I take it you are pleased with what you saw of Vidic tonight? Gave you a glimpse of whats to come next season...
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Robespierre wrote:Glad to see this performance by Vidic , not only for the goal ( he scored a similar header also against.....us :lol:in 2009)

Buttner was very brillaint, he was absolutely the  surprise today , considering the opponent then ...

only Fellaini was bad

Vidic is a true leader. We will miss him Proud

Fellaini was terrible, against big teams he's lost. Valencia missing, he did nothing attacking wise and defensively.

Buttner was big surprise he hasn't played that well since his debut against Wigan. I'm very proud of him MOTM in my opinion. In fact, he made Albrighton look like prime Beckham against Aston Villa. Really surprising what he did today

We had 4 defenders suspended/injured today, 3 of them started vs Real Madrid away last season, to concede one goal today was good.

Bayern will most likely go through, but at least we didn't get battered at our home.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Pep complaining of playacting from someone Laughing
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:37 pm

regardless of come what may in the 2nd leg, we can all be proud of this performance and result.
moyes i dont know may be deserve some credit. his guts to go with butterman should be appreciated. but opting fellaini over kagawa I am still fuming over that btw. So its mixed kinda. will rate him 5 outta 10  :coffee: 

Our players deserve all the credit in the world. They really pulled off an impossible result. 10 on 10. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:39 pm

RED wrote:

Robes, I take it you are pleased with what you saw of Vidic tonight? Gave you a glimpse of whats to come next season...
Yes , but I was pleased of this signing since first day  Very Happy 
He is really a great professional player, he has signed for Inter but he continues to fight as if nothing is changed and how if his future will be still to Manchester. Who thinks Vidic is going in Italy  just to take a nice paycheck for the last couple of years doesn't know evidently.

Busby Babe wrote:

Vidic is a true leader. We will miss him Proud

Fellaini was terrible, against big teams he's lost. Valencia missing, he did nothing attacking wise and defensively.

Buttner was big surprise he hasn't played that well since his debut against Wigan. I'm very proud of him MOTM in my opinion. In fact, he made Albrighton look like prime Beckham against Aston Villa. Really surprising what he did today

We had 4 defenders suspended/injured today, 3 of them started vs Real Madrid away last season, to concede one goal today was good.

Bayern will most likely go through, but at least we didn't get battered at our home.

Laughing

Yes I agree, no United fans ask the qualification at all costs, but at least the honour.
Most United fans would have accepted positively this result before of match.
Luckily for you these players heavily wear out by Moyes during the year,  in  Champions League find pride and motivations, expecially when the match is at Old Trafford.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:21 pm

We're going to have score next game, so I expect Bayern to score more next time out. I'm proud of the players, but not the style. Even if we played Bayern's football today, I would have been frustrated.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:34 pm

Busby Babe wrote:We're going to have score next game, so I expect Bayern to score more next time out. I'm proud of the players, but not the style. Even if we played Bayern's football today, I would have been frustrated.

We've played like this in Europe for years. Hell we played like this in 07-11! This is what this *bleep* is good at. I was hoping he would hire outside coaches and take a back seat role, instead he has brought his negative BS to our club.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:54 pm

Yeah....to moyes' detriment, we'll have to abandon his negative approach if we are to have any hope of advancing and getting that important away goal(s).

Bayern will expect it and will use our space to punish us even more.

Moyes, as we know, will play for the 0-0 draw. And after elimination, he will use thevfact we didn't get beat by bayern as some sort of holy accomplishment
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:55 pm

jibers wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:We're going to have score next game, so I expect Bayern to score more next time out. I'm proud of the players, but not the style. Even if we played Bayern's football today, I would have been frustrated.

We've played like this in Europe for years. Hell we played like this in 07-11! This is what this *bleep* is good at. I was hoping he would hire outside coaches and take a back seat role, instead he has brought his negative BS to our club.

Not to this extent. I remember we played like this in '08 against Barca, but Fergie said never again. Today if it wasn't for Kagawa we wouldn't have scored, Moyes' relies too much on individual quality for attack. Kagawa from his own play encourages short passing with his movement this is why we looked better. For the other players Moyes needs to tell them to this, but he doesn't know how neither does he want it. Moyes  wants us to keep a rigid formation everyone standing far apart from each other. When your goalkeeper is a better passer than your £27 mil signing you need to wonder about this manager. People say there's no such thing really  as 4-4-2, it is more 4-4-1-1 this is false, I've never seen a system where two strikers stand closer to each other than Moyes has Rooney and RvP

Tbh, we should have gone abroad, there's no good British managers for this level.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:12 am

For sure, 08 was the last time, before today, that I saw us use 'parking the bus' tactics. Fergie said in his book had he repeated the same tactics against Barca in the two finals, we would have had a far better opportunity of winning the CL.

Ofcourse, the fact we scored a goal today is going to gloss over the negatives, but had we lost, it would have seen as one of the most insipid, gutless defensive performance we've seen at OT. That goal breathed new life into the team and ofcourse Kagawa was the catalyst.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:23 am

RED wrote:For sure, 08 was the last time, before today, that I saw us use 'parking the bus' tactics. Fergie said in his book had he repeated the same tactics against Barca in the two finals, we would have had a far better opportunity of winning the CL.

Ofcourse, the fact we scored a goal today is going to gloss over the negatives, but had we lost, it would have seen as one of the most insipid, gutless defensive performance we've seen at OT. That goal breathed new life into the team and ofcourse Kagawa was the catalyst.

We did it vs Arsenal in the semis. We just sat back and countered. Did it against Chelsea in qf in 2011. Not to this extent but we ceded possession straight away.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:33 am

jibers wrote:
RED wrote:For sure, 08 was the last time, before today, that I saw us use 'parking the bus' tactics. Fergie said in his book had he repeated the same tactics against Barca in the two finals, we would have had a far better opportunity of winning the CL.

We did it vs Arsenal in the semis. We just sat back and countered. Did it against Chelsea in qf in 2011. Not to this extent but we ceded possession straight away.

Thats what I meant bruh, not to the extent of today. The whole everyone back backs to the wall and hoof the ball away approach we had today, we didn't see that from SAF's Utd after the Semi v Barca in 08.

In those games you mentioned, you could tell there was a gameplan in place. That we would soak up as much pressure then break fast, it was more organized.

Today though, we just defended and then passed it or punt it up top and hope for individual brilliance to bail us out.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:43 am

Somewhere, in Madrid, Klopp is indeed crying

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 17 Tumblr_n3d94oa8TS1t37am6o1_500
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:00 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:will keep hans outta our threads until we are beaten in germany I hope, this result.  Laughing 

You wish!!
Only difference is my posts will be slightly more passive-aggressive now!!

à la : Well, don't say I didn't tell you it's going to be much closer than everyone thinks. But hey, I can't convince you to support and trust your own team, of course, you'll have to get there on your own.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:03 am

Also, you should've taken that bet, Red
:facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Also, you should've taken that bet, Red
:facepalm:

In hindsight yeah. I was certain you lot were gonna beat us comfortably.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:will keep hans outta our threads until we are beaten in germany I hope, this result.  Laughing 

You wish!!

à la : Well, don't say I didn't tell you it's going to be much closer than everyone thinks.

yea there was fear in your posts and you didnt say we will get a thrashing like all others, I agree that too.

But bro I think you missed/skipped my second comment. Its not this occasion I was pointing to.

You came here far too often and sometimes unnecessarily to mock at us, at moyes (which btw is not a bad thing  Very Happy  ) I wont say you went overboard dont get me wrong instead I got pissed off at the frequency of your posts here.
And theres one more thing, remember once I quoted on your posts when you were doing your rounds and mocking us, that I have nothing to shoot you at with, and that I will keep mum. And I have stood by what I said. But now Twisted Evil what this result has done is, it has given me my voice back and now I can hit back at you.

Lets put it this way.

Your team is the best in the team in the world superior to us in every facets, in addition to the coach, players, and overall quality and style, you also had 2 other huge advantages coming into this match. First was time. You guys won your league like before a month and you got enough and more time to rest players, prepare for this big match where as us well.. lol. Second is you had an almost fit squad barring 2 players if I am not wrong , isnt it and here our entire line of first choice defence and our prime marksman were ruled out for the game. And what more do you want. If you cant win such a game, oh please.

And whatever happen in the rest of the season for us, whatever shet moyes throws at us, whatever happens to his sacking/no sacking, if I were you I would nt have come anywhere near our territory and laughed at us solely on the basis of the performance of your world beater of a team yesterday. Even in the 3rd gear you could have beaten us like 6-0 yesterday. such was the contrast in terms of quality and circumstance.
And this parking big bus bullshet i am hearing so heavily from all anti man u quarters is well... as we all know is only bullshet . what the heck people were expecting us from yesterday, attacking buyern, after a season like this and under moyes. haha come on!!

Hapless_Hans wrote:
But hey, I can't convince you to support and trust your own team, of course, you'll have to get there on your own.

and this.  Laughing I am shocked you could say something like this. considering the fact that you were following our season so so closely updating us on things we even were unaware of.  Razz  support and trust???? lol seriously ?? you arent joking right.

we took the whole supporting and trusting the manager and team thingy to a whole new level this season FYI. we lads turned on him only lately, when we realised theres no point in supporting this clown. and btw people are still chanting his name singing for the team during match days. In which club you will find this even after all this horrorshow.
And if its the team you are talking about, then again I am disappointed big time as you were following our games. Seeing the football we are exhibiting over the course of this season, and considering he fact that we were playing the best team in the world, you really mean when you say we werent trusting enough in our team's ability before this particular match.. haha... k your wish mate.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

You wish!!

à la : Well, don't say I didn't tell you it's going to be much closer than everyone thinks.

yea there was fear in your posts and you didnt say we will get a thrashing like all others, I agree that too.

But bro I think you missed/skipped my second comment. Its not this occasion I was pointing to.

You came here far too often and sometimes unnecessarily to mock at us, at moyes (which btw is not a bad thing  Very Happy  ) I wont say you went overboard dont get me wrong instead I got pissed off at the frequency and quantity of your posts here.
And theres one more thing, remember once I quoted one of your post when you were doing your rounds and mocking us, that I have nothing to shoot you at with, and that I will keep mum. And I have stood by what I said until now. But now Twisted Evil what this result has done is, it has given me my voice back and now I can hit back at you.

Lets put it this way.

Your team is the best team in the world superior to us in every facets, in addition to the coach, players, and overall quality and style, you also had 2 other huge advantages coming into this match. First was time. You guys won your league like before a month and you got enough and more time to rest players, prepare for this big match where as us well.. lol. Second is you had an almost fit squad barring 2 players if I am not wrong , isnt it and here our entire line of first choice defence and our prime marksman were ruled out for the game. And what more do you want. If you cant win such a game, oh please.

And whatever happen in the rest of the season for us, in the return leg in your land, whatever shet moyes throws at us, whatever happens to his sacking/no sacking, if I were you I would nt have come anywhere near our territory and laughed at us solely on the basis of the performance of your world beater of a team yesterday. Even in the 3rd gear you could have beaten us like 6-0 yesterday. such was the contrast in terms of quality and circumstance.
And this parking big bus bullshet i am hearing so heavily from all anti man u quarters is well... as we all know is only bullshet . what the heck people were expecting us from yesterday, attacking buyern, after a season like this and under moyes. haha come on!!

Hapless_Hans wrote:
But hey, I can't convince you to support and trust your own team, of course, you'll have to get there on your own.

and this.  Laughing  :facepalm:  I am shocked you could say something like this. considering the fact that you were following  our season so so closely updating us on things we even were unaware of.  Razz  support and trust???? lol seriously ?? you arent joking right.

we took the whole supporting and trusting the manager and team thingy to a whole new level this season FYI. we lads turned on him only lately, when we realised theres no point in supporting this clown. and btw people are still chanting his name singing for the team during match days. In which club you will find this even after all this horrorshow.
And if its the team you are talking about, then again I am disappointed big time as you were following our games. Seeing the football we are exhibiting over the course of this season, and considering he fact that we were playing the best team in the world, you really mean when you say we werent trusting enough in our team's ability  before this particular match.. haha... k your wish mate.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:37 pm

LB, sure I was joking about the 'support your team' thing.
Or more accurately, it was meant as an example how a passive-aggressive post would look like, you know, me being bitchy after yesterday's game Wink

We don't disagree on any of this either, my banter is only meant as that, jokingly.
I suspected it could be more close than everyone was hyping about because, like you guys, I know that your team isn't so much lacking quality as it's lacking motivation, proper tactics and man management in the league.

None of this did apply yesterday, i.e. yesterday your team didn't play against Moysie, but against European public opinion and for their honour.

as for me frquently posting here, sorry about that - I have a hard time adjusting to the GL etiquette that the place for banter is the general section and the club section are a bit taboo - but I will adhere to that more now!  Thumbs up 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:43 pm

Meh, before I would find it annoying when people used to make fun of Moysie. Sometimes, I get the urge to defend him. Then I remember I dislike him so I don't mind it at all. Some of things posted are pretty funny too, I've got to admit, including Fergie's face after we lose  Embarassed 
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next