Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 6 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

+20
Forza
dostoevsky
DeletedUser#1
JGUNZ
Robespierre
Art Morte
Dutti
Angoulême
Firenze
DavidVilla92
Kaladin
halamadrid2
jibers
Zero
Glory
archwooohh
Busby Babe
B-Mac
RED
Vlad the Impaler
24 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 am

Laughing I thought it was harsh what Keane said about Carrick
Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 6 BhWlOzhIcAAeklJ

Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

Post by Angoulême Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:16 am

RED wrote:just proves that keane is talking through his arse. Moyes prolly hangs in his circle or they have mutual friends.

It's the same with G.Nev...he doesn't criticize Moyes and the management due to his brother working there.

I always believe any pundit or anyone in the media who doesn't blame or criticise Moyes has an agenda. Either cuz he's British or they have an affiliate working for the management team.

I reckon Roy is just being coy red .. The squad isnt that good , but hell it istn that bad .. I mean they did win the league by eleven points last season .. and without Mata and Fellani - who was superb last season . Neville is a bit too much when defending our crap displays ... I just think Roy is well tuned in to fergies mistake and is rubbing a bit of salt into the wound ( ok roys managerial record is suspect )
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:16 am

wow lol. She's prolly regretting tweeting that now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:34 am

Busby Babe wrote:Laughing I thought it was harsh what Keane said about Carrick
Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 6 BhWlOzhIcAAeklJ

Laughing He was furious today. He criticized even the definition of Premier League as best league in the world , he doesn't stop to tackle even to 42 years Proud Respect. (but on EPL I disagree)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:48 am

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 6 M6UqBBo
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:57 am

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 6 BhWn4sFCIAA26SZ
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:59 am

They're turning on him, and rightfully so. any other manager, and he would have been crucified back in december.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:38 am

Angoulême wrote:
RED wrote:just proves that keane is talking through his arse. Moyes prolly hangs in his circle or they have mutual friends.

It's the same with G.Nev...he doesn't criticize Moyes and the management due to his brother working there.

I always believe any pundit or anyone in the media who doesn't blame or criticise Moyes has an agenda. Either cuz he's British or they have an affiliate working for the management team.

I reckon Roy is just being coy red .. The squad isnt that good , but hell it istn that bad .. I mean they did win the league by eleven points last season .. and without Mata and Fellani - who was superb last season . Neville is a bit too much when defending our crap displays ... I just think Roy is well tuned in to fergies mistake and is rubbing a bit of salt into the wound ( ok roys managerial record is suspect )

Yeah...i can agree on that based on keane's no nonsense, say it as it is, nature. And I think he was being an opportunist for sure.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:10 am

I feel sad for Moyes because he is truly out of his depth. Moyes has no business being United manager. Tactically, he is very limited and flat out inept. This United team is actually better than their title wining team from last year. But all you see is United starting to mirror how Everton used to look like. Moyes is all about team shape and organization and when you see United play this year, their players have so little freedom that its hard for them to impose themselves on any opponents. When you look at what Martinez is doing with Everton this year, it is remarkable. they actually go out every game wanting to play their new brand of attacking football.... Moyes mentality is mid table and the damage he has already done to United is severe. When you guys dont make CL for next it will be tough to attrack top talent and playing in the Europa on thursdays will be detremental to next year's campaign.

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:53 am

Good morning GL.

So yea
:coffee: Any good news yet?
Is he sacked ?? Please give me an affirmative. Some one.  bounce 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:01 am

To begin the day on a refreshing note. i am presenting you with this. hopefully you guys are seeing this here first.  Very Happy 

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/02/24/man-united-ready-to-sack-david-moyes-with-louis-van-gaal-top-of-managerial-wish-list/

Man United Ready to Sack David Moyes With Louis Van Gaal Top of Managerial Wish-List wrote:

Its caughtoffside but who the hell cares as long as it makes me immensely happy upon hearing it.  banana 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:08 am

Biggest 3 games perhaps in his managerial career are to follow.

WBA away
Lolerpool home
Olympiakos home

At least One defeat in the first 2 and a KO thanks to not overturning the 0-2 deficit in the return fixture will most probably end this nightmare.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:46 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Biggest 3 games perhaps in his managerial career are to follow.

WBA away
Lolerpool home
Olympiakos home

At least One defeat in the first 2 and a KO thanks to not overturning the 0-2 deficit in the return fixture will  most probably end this nightmare.

Since you lost to LOLympiacos, hope you'll lose to LOLerpool as well Proud. Teams starting with LOL are tough to beat hmm

I have a bet on that game with RED in the GS :coffee:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:55 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Can't hel but relate this with Allegri's last year. We had a decent squad, by decent i mean finish anywhere between 4th and 8th. Yet he took us to relegation. Atrocious performance, someone with a strong, assertive personality needs to step in for this team to take balance IMO

Calma. Laughing I think this has to be separated from such a case for several reasons. To begin with, I will acknowledge that it is likely that both clubs need/needed a change in management in order to attempt to re-motivate the dressing room and create a fresh break which could begin to build upon the confidence that had been lost and which can sometimes only be rebuilt with the release of tension that accompanies a new beginning.

The issues facing United however are more concerning than those Milan faced this year though in my opinion because, unlike Allegri, Moyes hasn't had to deal with serious injuries to multiple key players. Had this excuse existed, it is likely that the pressure on Moyes would be reduced. When a manager is missing several key pieces in a squad which lacks balance it is natural to give them the benefit of the doubt and allow them time to prove themselves with their preferred eleven. What is most concerning at United at this point in time in my mind is that Moyes is faltering with a squad that has remained relatively intact throughout the season, apart from in defence perhaps. The case of Kagawa well illustrates the change in expectations of the fan base. At the beginning his absence may have been seen as careful management that did not seek to rush him back from injury too soon and allow for Kagawa's introduction to be under the most ideal conditions as physical conditioning and participation in international matches for Japan were often quoted as justification for his absence. All well and good, as it is essential that a manager be given the benefit of the doubt concerning issues of fitness and form, elements that they are in a far better position to judge than the average fan from close examination during midweek training.

The assumption that Moyes would find a way to utilise Kagawa, either as a first team member or a supersub, once he returned to full fitness was a fair assumption at the time, a clear avenue available to the coach by which he might improve the team's play. Time however has past and Moyes seems no more willing to field Shinji than when he was struggling for fitness. As time has gone by it has become even less clear where Moyes is looking to improve the team. The natural assumption might be to turn to Fellaini, who has in fairness had his injury struggles. A player handpicked by Moyes and supplied by the management - something rarely afforded Allegri and many other managers - would surely be pivotal to enforcing his ideas upon the squad. Fellaini was in the match day squad, yet when United were in trouble, did Moyes not trust him, did Moyes not consider the type of football he was bought for suitable in this instance?

The lack of a reaction from United was inexplicable and unworthy of such a titled club today. The team should have come out of the dugout in the second half and fought like tigers. One issue that seemed emblematic of both Milan and United was the poor off the ball movement from our players, yet at least our team seemed able to look as if they were interested in big games. When 2-0 down, it should have been a matter of critical importance to acquire an away goal. As it stands, the second Olympiakos score one goal, United will require four. That only one clear cut chance was created in half an hour after the second goal is reason enough to swing the axe in my opinion.

I have always been an advocate of backing managers, particularly as I believe that many fans tend to portray collective failures as the work of a single man whilst giving little thought to the issue of a replacement, however in my eyes, Moyes lacks both the pedigree to buy a stay of execution and also importantly has not offered enough in terms of development, either of individuals or collectively, to justify seeing out the season with the ambition not of achieving a specific result but in improving the foundations of the team technically and tactically. I personally think that if Moyes could be shown to be bringing the likes of Smalling, Jones, Cleverley, Fellaini and others towards their potential then it would be adequate grounds to trust in his ability to grow. Everything about his rule however currently points towards stagnation rather than even minute progression.

It is important however that the issue of succession is not hastily reviewed. If it is necessary to suffer Moyes until the end of the season in order to ensure that the right man for the job is made then it should be done without question. The other option is in intervening where Moyes' support staff are concerned and in trying to undo the damage Moyes did to the coaching structure when he brought his own men in. It may be important that a manager may trust those beneath him, however if stability is truly the order of the board then it may be a viable option, depending on the willingness of the individuals involved.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:18 am

"mousacka"

"pitta-ful"

rofl english media
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:45 am

I still think Sunderland was worse. We were actually winning and playing well and his changes made us lose. He tried to park the bus against relegation fodder, AT HOME. While, yesterday, we were losing and at least he tried to get us to change for a more positive reaction. I also think it's no coincidence when Kagawa comes on we look better, his use of movement of space shouldn't be underestimated. He's always available for a forward pass.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:07 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:Can't hel but relate this with Allegri's last year. We had a decent squad, by decent i mean finish anywhere between 4th and 8th. Yet he took us to relegation. Atrocious performance, someone with a strong, assertive personality needs to step in for this team to take balance IMO

Calma. :lol:I think this has to be separated from such a case for several reasons. To begin with, I will acknowledge that it is likely that both clubs need/needed a change in management in order to attempt to re-motivate the dressing room and create a fresh break which could begin to build upon the confidence that had been lost and which can sometimes only be rebuilt with the release of tension that accompanies a new beginning.

The issues facing United however are more concerning than those Milan faced this year though in my opinion because, unlike Allegri, Moyes hasn't had to deal with serious injuries to multiple key players. Had this excuse existed, it is likely that the pressure on Moyes would be reduced. When a manager is missing several key pieces in a squad which lacks balance it is natural to give them the benefit of the doubt and allow them time to prove themselves with their preferred eleven. What is most concerning at United at this point in time in my mind is that Moyes is faltering with a squad that has remained relatively intact throughout the season, apart from in defence perhaps. The case of Kagawa well illustrates the change in expectations of the fan base. At the beginning his absence may have been seen as careful management that did not seek to rush him back from injury too soon and allow for Kagawa's introduction to be under the most ideal conditions as physical conditioning and participation in international matches for Japan were often quoted as justification for his absence. All well and good, as it is essential that a manager be given the benefit of the doubt concerning issues of fitness and form, elements that they are in a far better position to judge than the average fan from close examination during midweek training.

The assumption that Moyes would find a way to utilise Kagawa, either as a first team member or a supersub, once he returned to full fitness was a fair assumption at the time, a clear avenue available to the coach by which he might improve the team's play. Time however has past and Moyes seems no more willing to field Shinji than when he was struggling for fitness. As time has gone by it has become even less clear where Moyes is looking to improve the team. The natural assumption might be to turn to Fellaini, who has in fairness had his injury struggles. A player handpicked by Moyes and supplied by the management - something rarely afforded Allegri and many other managers - would surely be pivotal to enforcing his ideas upon the squad. Fellaini was in the match day squad, yet when United were in trouble, did Moyes not trust him, did Moyes not consider the type of football he was bought for suitable in this instance?

The lack of a reaction from United was inexplicable and unworthy of such a titled club today. The team should have come out of the dugout in the second half and fought like tigers. One issue that seemed emblematic of both Milan and United was the poor off the ball movement from our players, yet at least our team seemed able to look as if they were interested in big games. When 2-0 down, it should have been a matter of critical importance to acquire an away goal. As it stands, the second Olympiakos score one goal, United will require four. That only one clear cut chance was created in half an hour after the second goal is reason enough to swing the axe in my opinion.

I have always been an advocate of backing managers, particularly as I believe that many fans tend to portray collective failures as the work of a single man whilst giving little thought to the issue of a replacement, however in my eyes, Moyes lacks both the pedigree to buy a stay of execution and also importantly has not offered enough in terms of development, either of individuals or collectively, to justify seeing out the season with the ambition not of achieving a specific result but in improving the foundations of the team technically and tactically. I personally think that if Moyes could be shown to be bringing the likes of Smalling, Jones, Cleverley, Fellaini and others towards their potential then it would be adequate grounds to trust in his ability to grow. Everything about his rule however currently points towards stagnation rather than even minute progression.

It is important however that the issue of succession is not hastily reviewed. If it is necessary to suffer Moyes until the end of the season in order to ensure that the right man for the job is made then it should be done without question. The other option is in intervening where Moyes' support staff are concerned and in trying to undo the damage Moyes did to the coaching structure when he brought his own men in. It may be important that a manager may trust those beneath him, however if stability is truly the order of the board then it may be a viable option, depending on the willingness of the individuals involved.

I meant relegation dogfight*

I really don't think injuries were a valid excuse to lose against teams who have an inferior squad than us. Despite injuries, i think we could have won certain games in the first half of the season. Just look at us against Samp, 9 subs made from Atleti and we fielded the Saponara, Constant and Zaccardo and still won away against a Samp team that hasn't lost at home under Mihal, despite us losing against Atleti.

In regards to picking players to enforce a manager's ideas, Matri was brought in at the request of Mister Allegri, why even accept this request i have no idea. It was evident, as soon as Seedorf arrived, he was shipped off to Fio. I agree with your stance on off-ball movements, that is a parallel that i think Milan and United share.

Moving to United, i think that are stuck between two worlds. They're largely a side of fossils, guys like Ryan Giggs, whose experience and ability has been calcified by age, and youngsters like Tom Cleverley and Chris Samlling, who have developed into decent squad players, but aren't good enough to be counted upon. The mixture of age and inexperience first burned them a lot yesterday IMO.

Added to this, Moyes' inability set up the team, to react intelligently and to ensure that his group of players are all norming, contribute to United's woe. As Dost said, a suitable replacement should come in summer. I can't help but think what United would like under say, Diego Simeone. I think he'd be the first to recognize United's defensive woes and try to get the team working collectively. Don't think LvG would be the right guy, never been a fan of his. The last thing United want is someone to disregard the defence.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Allegri's first season>>>>>>>>>>> Moyes' first season.

Allegri won Milan a Scudetto.

lol at the thought of Moyes winning us a premier league. bloody lol.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Imagine he won the league for us, he would be here for 10 years at least, regardless of results Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:42 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Added to this, Moyes' inability set up the team, to react intelligently and to ensure that his group of players are all norming, contribute to United's woe. As Dost said, a suitable replacement should come in summer. I can't help but think what United would like under say, Diego Simeone. I think he'd be the first to recognize United's defensive woes and try to get the team working collectively. Don't think LvG would be the right guy, never been a fan of his. The last thing United want is someone to disregard the defence.

I think we all know Van Gaal has his flaws and probably will end up getting sacked, but I think he will leave us in a better state than what we are currently in. Things I think he can do is revamp our youth system, we have bought good foreign youth players: Pogba, Januzaj, Daehli even going a bit further back Rossi and Pique, but we haven't produced any of our own apart from Welbeck and Cleverley and they aren't up to standards. He will also change our style of play, Fergie took us far as he could with his, I don't see anyone building on that. Finally, I'm pretty sure he would put in massive bid in for Strootman solving our CM problem once and for all  bounce
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:40 pm

#MUFC XI to start against Olympiakos: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Welbeck; Rooney, Van Persie.

The *bleep* has Valencia made it back to the starting line-up. :facepalm:

Kagawa not starting, again :facepalm:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Busby Babe wrote:#MUFC XI to start against Olympiakos: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Welbeck; Rooney, Van Persie.

The *bleep* has Valencia made it back to the starting line-up. :facepalm:

Kagawa not starting, again :facepalm:

Ferdinand at the back :facepalm:

Valencia starting :facepalm:

Rooney and RVP partnership :facepalm:

Giggs and Carrick in the middle :facepalm:

No kagawa :facepalm:

Goodbye CL.

Inspiring line-up you bug eyed gollum POS. Well done
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Wish he grew a set and dropped RVP and play Kagawa behind Rooney up top.

fcking Coward.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Could he have picked a worse line-up?

At least we get to see Giggs in probably his last CL outing.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:49 pm

I just saw the line up ...... seriously Lads , he has to be taking the piss ... I just cant believe it ... I think I gotta go kick the cat or something ... He does know we gotta win this right ?
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Your guess is as good as mine, Angouleme. sometimes I think he is fcking up on purpose. Trolling- for a lack of a better word.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next