Babun
windkick
Gil
115 posters

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

#6 - Thiago Alcántara - Page 20 Empty Re: #6 - Thiago Alcántara

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Patience? lol.. Iniesta now thats a player with patience. Didnt have as much playing time as thiago had at his age and played in countless of position and never complained or threatened to leave. But a player who threatened to leave when he was 19/20 years old and then left when he was 22 year old is not patient..

And who laughed at you jibers? Almost every single barca fan thinks that our management sucks..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:12 pm

harhar11 wrote:Patience? lol.. Iniesta now thats a player with patience. Didnt have as much playing time as thiago had at his age and played in countless of position and never complained or threatened to leave. But a player who threatened to leave when he was 19/20 years old and then left when he was 22 year old is not patient..

And who laughed at you jibers? Almost every single barca fan thinks that our management sucks..

Will find the thread and post it. Except noone really tried to sign iniesta and pushed for it. It's not patience if you had no options. Thiago has far more suitors than Iniesta did. The football culture and atmosphere has changed. Back then powerful mf were still in vogue so that is understandable. If Iniesta was in the same situation he was back then today, he would probably have left tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Iniesta was not treated as Thiago was. First of all, he was nowhere near the obvious talent at 20-22 than Thiago is...what grounds did Iniesta have to play over Xavi and Deco in their prime?

Thiago has genuine ground to make a claim for more minutes, especially as its pretty much universal Xavi has been overplayed and on top of that, an inferior player, Cesc, also played over him.

No inferior player played over Iniesta in those times.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Cesc has shown that he's far from inferior to Thiago.

Amazing how people on here think they are better qualified judges of player quality than Pep, Tito and Del Bosque!

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:54 pm

The_Badger wrote:Cesc has shown that he's far from inferior to Thiago.

Amazing how people on here think they are better qualified judges of player quality than Pep, Tito and Del Bosque!

Did Pep and Del Bosque play Cesc in Xavi's role over Thiago? yeah that's what i thought.

You have poor reading skills, Cesc is a great player but he is not a controlling playmaker CM and cannot replace Xavi.

He's more Ozil or Kroos than Xavi, no one said Cesc is crap just crap at being Xavi.

Its also the reason why Guardiola bought Thiago as Bayern have no deep playmakers.

Why people still think Cesc can replace Xavi when he's nothing like him is beyond me, its like asking Alonso to replace Lampard at Chelsea and expect him to score 20+ like he did.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Not at Barcelona.

Cesc was an impressive player at Arsenal but since he's come to Barcelona he's been outshone by Thiago time and time again. Cesc getting as many minutes as he had in the midfield shows how awful the man management at Barcelona can be.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Better judge than Pep, Tito and VDB? No, but I have eyes and I can clearly see who is a better player for us.

I assume you agree with everything, every coach decides ever? Yeah, thought not.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:00 pm

CBarca wrote:Not at Barcelona.

Cesc was an impressive player at Arsenal but since he's come to Barcelona he's been outshone by Thiago time and time again. Cesc getting as many minutes as he had in the midfield shows how awful the man management at Barcelona can be.

Tbf Cesc still looks good in an advanced role even at Barca, he's just not a CM anymore its as simple as that really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The_Badger wrote:Cesc has shown that he's far from inferior to Thiago.

Did Pep and Del Bosque play Cesc in Xavi's role over Thiago? yeah that's what i thought.

You have poor reading skills, Cesc is a great player but he is not a controlling playmaker CM and cannot replace Xavi.

He's more Ozil or Kroos than Xavi, no one said Cesc is crap just crap at being Xavi.

Its also the reason why Guardiola bought Thiago as Bayern have no deep playmakers.

Why people still think Cesc can replace Xavi when he's nothing like him is beyond me, its like asking Alonso to replace Lampard at Chelsea and expect him to score 20+ like he did.

I wasn't replying to you, so wind your neck in and calm down.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm plenty calm.... and it doesn't matter who you are replying too....

Is this a 1 v 1 session?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:Better judge than Pep, Tito and VDB? No, but I have eyes and I can clearly see who is a better player for us.

I assume you agree with everything, every coach decides ever? Yeah, thought not.

I agree that Tito, Pep and Del Bosque have forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

Those of you crying about the management and discrediting them and their decisions need to look at what Barca have achieved in recent years. That wouldn't be possible if your management was as abysmal as some are trying to make out simply because they favoured an experience professional who actually contributes something worthwhile as opposed to a young inexperienced potentially good player who seems to believe he's better than he actually is.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
CBarca wrote:Not at Barcelona.

Tbf Cesc still looks good in an advanced role even at Barca, he's just not a CM anymore its as simple as that really.

Well..yeah he's decent in an advanced role. Even I can admit that.

However as you can see in my post, I was talking about Cesc in the midfield, not in an advanced role (^.^)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:10 pm

The_Badger :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:12 pm

jibers, stop being a troll for once. Thumbs up 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:25 pm

The_Badger wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Better judge than Pep, Tito and VDB? No, but I have eyes and I can clearly see who is a better player for us.

I agree that Tito, Pep and Del Bosque have forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

Those of you crying about the management and discrediting them and their decisions need to look at what Barca have achieved in recent years. That wouldn't be possible if your management was as abysmal as some are trying to make out simply because they favoured an experience professional who actually contributes something worthwhile as opposed to a young inexperienced potentially good player who seems to believe he's better than he actually is.

Thats great, they all do...but Pep signed Ibrahimovic, Tito thinks Mascherano is a good defender and Del Bosque starts Torres....they are human and arent always right.

As I said, do you agree with every decision every coach makes ever? Please answer.

The management? You mean Rossell and Zubi? Sorry, what have they done in recent years?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Don't think he's worth the time Dani.

Wrote up a larger response but cut it because he's not likely to come back with anything worthwhile.

Talking about our success being an indicator of the current management ffs :facepalm:

Because everything Laporta did disappeared when he left Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:Iniesta was not treated as Thiago was. First of all, he was nowhere near the obvious talent at 20-22 than Thiago is...what grounds did Iniesta have to play over Xavi and Deco in their prime?

Thiago has genuine ground to make a claim for more minutes, especially as its pretty much universal Xavi has been overplayed and on top of that, an inferior player, Cesc, also played over him.

Van bommel and Edmilson started the CL final over Iniesta, even though Iniesta was probably better than them and had played a great semi against Milan. And yet Iniesta didnt complain about starting on the bench in the biggest game of his career at te time..

And its not like Thiago didnt get minutes(didnt he miss like 18 games because of injury?) nor did Barca treat him like crap(thiago himself admitted that barca did everything for him).

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:30 pm

I hate it when people point out that obvious fact that top level managers know more than we do.

But when you're debating something that has no definitive correct answer such as with players, of course people can disagree.

Franchise already asked the question. So do you actually agree with every coaches decision. What happens when two coaches both have different opinions. One or even both could be wrong but both know more than we do therefore they are both correct, no?

dat dilemma.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:31 pm

CBarca wrote:Don't think he's worth the time Dani.

Wrote up a larger response but cut it because he's not likely to come back with anything worthwhile.

Talking about our success being an indicator of the current management ffs :facepalm:

Because everything Laporta did disappeared when he left Laughing

I've taken to largely ignoring what you post because you've already been shown up to be a petulant, immature troll who can't accept a different opinion to your own.

So in future I advise you don't waste your time.

Thanks.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I hate it when people point out that obvious fact that top level managers know more than we do.

But when you're debating something that has no definitive correct answer such as with players, of course people can disagree.

Franchise already asked the question. So do you actually agree with every coaches decision. What happens when two coaches both have different opinions. One or even both could be wrong but both know more than we do therefore they are both correct, no?

dat dilemma.

No, not every manager makes a right decision, some have the decency to admit they're wrong too.

Clearly in this situation regarding Thiago there seemed to be a consensus amongst more than one individual that he wasn't part of Barca's plans.

Rather than accept that we have people abusing the club's management and Thiago showing his lack of class by directing a particularly poisonous barb at the club that has nurtured him into the player he is.

Not to mention the absurd and unwarranted criticism towards Cesc.

Last edited by The_Badger on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:35 pm

my boi badger wrote:I've taken to largely ignoring what you post because you've already been shown up to be a petulant, immature troll who can't accept a different opinion to your own.

So in future I advise you don't waste your time.

Thanks.

#6 - Thiago Alcántara - Page 20 1359604625932
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:36 pm

harhar11 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Iniesta was not treated as Thiago was. First of all, he was nowhere near the obvious talent at 20-22 than Thiago is...what grounds did Iniesta have to play over Xavi and Deco in their prime?

Van bommel and Edmilson started the CL final over Iniesta, even though Iniesta was probably better than them and had played a great semi against Milan. And yet Iniesta didnt complain about starting on the bench in the biggest game of his career at te time..

And its not like Thiago didnt get minutes(didnt he miss like 18 games because of injury?) nor did Barca treat him like crap(thiago himself admitted that barca did everything for him).

Apples and oranges. Van Bommell and Edmilson played because they were defensive players and the solid defensive base was what was thought to be required against Arsenal without Xavi, someone who can defend by making sure your team has control over the game.

And I dont agree he got minutes. Xavi was overplayed, how many times has everyone said that?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Traitor better than Cesc? I chuckled. Razz 
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Apple and Orange indeed, but they were still inferior players to Iniesta and they started over him, which you said did not happend to him.

And yes, Rijkaard thought that the other deserved to start ahead of Iniesta, just like Tito thought that Fabregas deserved to start ahead of Thiago. Needless to say that BOTH were wrong and yet one left the club while the other didnt even say a word.

Xavi was indeed overplayed, but that doesnt mean that Thiago didnt get minutes. I mean didnt he almost reach the 60%.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:04 am

Yeah but they started over Iniesta because they were better defensively..Cesc starts over Thiago for a reason I cannot name.

Rikjaard was not wrong for starting those guys over Iniesta at all.

If Xavi was overplayed, then who should of got those minutes?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:06 am

Did you ever think that perhaps it was because Cesc brought something to the position he was asked to play in that Thiago couldn't?

Why people have devised this Cesc vs. Thiago nonsense is beyond me.

Last edited by The_Badger on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next