ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Helmer
Fahim89
RedOranje
21 posters

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:53 pm

sorry up set people, all i was try say last  year we should try rebuild a new  squad & XI, we bought in 7 new players, as for talk about same in thing & make new
thread

1) i was more talk in here about Rodgers make a mess of thing

2) the new thread was talk about all are Manager in 20+ years have made a big mess of thing

any way sorry to up set people.

----------------------------------------------------------------

sorry if this has been post-

Liverpool to beat Sunderland to Aly Cissokho after deal for Lorenzo Melgarejo collapses

LIVERPOOL have agreed terms with Valencia's Aly Cissokho over a one year loan deal with the option of a permanent transfer.

According to reports in Spain, Liverpool stepped up their interest in the French international after a deal for Benfica's Lorenzo Melgarejo fell through, quashing Sunderland's hopes of luring Cissoko to the Stadium of light.

It is thought that Liverpool will pay Valencia €1m (£870,000) for the initial loan period with an option to sign the player permanently at the end of the season for €4m (£3.5m).

issokho will now compete with Jose Enrique for the starting left-back spot in Brendan Rodgers' team.

The signing brings the end to a summer-long search for reinforcements down the left for Liverpool with Brendan Rodgers on the record as acknowledging the position is an area that needed strengthening.

Late last month Rodgers said: "There are obviously certain areas of the squad where we're a bit thinner than others.

"We probably need a bit more support - that extra bit of quality - at the top end of the field and that's something we'll look out for.

"That'll be mixed with needing cover in the left-back position - that's something we're looking at. It's not really about numbers, it's about quality.

"If we can do that over the next number of weeks we'll be happy."

Liverpool thought they had addressed the problem after reaching an agreement with Benfica over Lorenzo Melgarejo, only for the deal for the one-cap Paraguayan to collapse over an inability to secure a work permit.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/420124/Liverpool-to-beat-Sunderland-to-Aly-Cissokho-after-deal-for-Lorenzo-Melgarejo-collapses

vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:59 pm

Liverpool FC midfielder Jay Spearing set for medical at Bolton as fee agreed

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-midfielder-jay-spearing-5679746

Assaidi set to seal QPR loan switch after Redknapp gives up on Phillips pursuit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2386504/Oussama-Assaidi-sign-QPR-loan-Liverpool.html
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:33 pm

so far this transfer window

Sold: Gulacsi,Carroll,Shelvey, also look like Spearing gone

Loan out: Reina,Suso ,Robinson ,Coady Pacheco?, Assaidi look like all about done deal, Škrtel could be next

Bought: Mignolet 1st team player, squad players- Touré,Alberto, Aspas

Loan in squad player Cissokho as stand look like in going ahead,

-------------------------------------------------------

transfer window = 10 my be 11 players gone, 4 my be 5 player in

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Veg, you didn't upset me - you're more than entitled to your opinion. I've just responded a few times now, so figured I'd just give it one more shot. Don't think we're mad at you because we disagree though, that's what we're here to do.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:32 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Veg, you didn't upset me - you're more than entitled to your opinion.  I've just responded a few times now, so figured I'd just give it one more shot.  Don't think we're mad at you because we disagree though, that's what we're here to do.
cool,  i true get point about build a new team & squad, slow,

my point was over 3 transfers window we should close to be done build but because we made a bit of mess with the 1st two transfers window's, we behind in are rebuild

would you not be more happy with what going on with are transfers if that was are 1st transfer window, know i would,
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:53 pm

By the way, if Gustavo is leaving Bayern Munich, should we be looking at him? He could play left-back, too...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Art Morte wrote:By the way, if Gustavo is leaving Bayern Munich, should we be looking at him? He could play left-back, too...

a good player but we only play with one & out  defensive midfielder as we got Lucas, i don't see the point buy a player who should 1st player for him only be a bit player, can not that going well for the player as for left back it look like it a done with Cissokho
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:39 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Aspas won't be a starter.. depends on Suarez's move, honestly.
yeah but i think it will also depends on whether BR will play a proper 3 man midfield or he will go for 4-2-3-1 with suarez just behind the lone striker. I would hate to see that 4-2-3-1 in every match. But as obvious it is, for the starting  matches aspas will start
He has started with 3 men in the midfield even in pre-season, so I have no doubt he'll be going with the same.

Aspas will fight with Sturridge for a starting spot I guess, and I believe the latter will triumph..

vegfootball wrote:
Art Morte wrote:By the way, if Gustavo is leaving Bayern Munich, should we be looking at him? He could play left-back, too...
a good player but  we only play with one & out  defensive midfielder as we got Lucas, i don't see the point buy a player who should 1st player for him only be a bit player, can not that going well for the player as for left back it look like it a done with Cissokho
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Like I told Red a couple weeks ago I've been calling for this guy since I knew he'd be surplus to requirements at Bayern. Can rotate with Lucas/Gerrard to keep the three fresh. Will already be an upgrade over Enrique at LB. Very nice versatile player who is an exceptional player that is entering his prime years. It would be a shame if we didn't go for him. Would definitely be a signing in the right direction.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:50 pm

vegfootball wrote:
a good player but  we only play with one & out  defensive midfielder as we got Lucas, i don't see the point buy a player who should 1st player for him only be a bit player, can not that going well for the player as for left back it look like it a done with Cissokho
True that it might be a waste of money to buy a player for a position we've already got one starter for (Lucas), but on the other hand in our current non-CL situation we cannot get just anybody and might be better off jumping at opportunities like this one.

I'm somewhere in the middle about this one, but probably tilted a little bit more towards McAgger's opinion.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:52 pm

McAgger wrote:
Like I told Red a couple weeks ago I've been calling for this guy since I knew he'd be surplus to requirements at Bayern. Can rotate with Lucas/Gerrard to keep the three fresh. Will already be an upgrade over Enrique at LB. Very nice versatile player who is an exceptional player that is entering his prime years. It would be a shame if we didn't go for him. Would definitely be a signing in the right direction.
would you buy

a) buy a player who should in 1st team but only use him in rotate

b) buy a player who only got a few years and seen as back up

c) buy a young talent to mould into a 1st team player
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Art Morte wrote:
vegfootball wrote:
True that it might be a waste of money to buy a player for a position we've already got one starter for (Lucas), but on the other hand in our current non-CL situation we cannot get just anybody and might be better off jumping at opportunities like this one.

I'm somewhere in the middle about this one, but probably tilted a little bit more towards McAgger's opinion.
don't get wrong i think Gustavo is very good player, Gustavo is top player & should play week in & week out, now we got Lucas for one place in the team do drop one good player for other good player,

in my opinion we should be look at young talent fill in as back up player, that why was happy when link with Jorginho & Matheus Biteco did know lot about them but they very raw & cheap as chips, the type of players who you add squad, if work out good we got a deal, if dont work we dont lose a lot money
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:05 pm

vegfootball wrote:
McAgger wrote:
would you buy

Definitely A. If we buy a player who is good enough for the first team but he has to be rotated because there is already a quality player in his position then that means we have actually improved the squad and the bench.

Singing young talent and trying to mould them in the squad (let's Shelvey back in 2010 or Ngog in 2008, or Babel in 2007) is very risky. Most of the time they don't live up to the expectation and have to be let go after everyone's time has been wasted. Sturridge and Coutinho don't happen every time.

B option is my least favorite. I hate singing players just for the sake of them being back up a la Degen or Dossena. They never end up being good. Waste of money on all fronts.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:11 pm

vegfootball wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
vegfootball wrote:a good player but  we only play with one & out  defensive midfielder as we got Lucas, i don't see the point buy a player who should 1st player for him only be a bit player, can not that going well for the player as for left back it look like it a done with Cissokho

don't get wrong i think Gustavo is very good player, Gustavo is top player & should play week in & week out, now we got Lucas for one place in the team do drop one good player for other good player,

in my opinion we should be look at young talent fill in as back up player, that why was happy when link with  Jorginho & Matheus Biteco did know lot about them but they very raw & cheap as chips, the type of players who you add squad, if work out good we got a deal, if dont work we dont lose a lot money
If Lucas gets injured, you might as well say good bye to your season ambitions, if you don't have a proper back up. Allen is not good enough at DM. Biteco is an 18 year old kid who doesn't even start for Gremio in the Brazilian league. Jorginho is not a DM, and has yet to play football at the top level. Plus they are not cheap by any means. The prices that are going around for both of those guys you would think your signing seasoned veterans. There is absolutely no argument that can be made that would make Gustavo's signing for us a bad thing. Absolutely none.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:30 pm

McAgger wrote:
vegfootball wrote:
McAgger wrote:Like I told Red a couple weeks ago I've been calling for this guy since I knew he'd be surplus to requirements at Bayern. Can rotate with Lucas/Gerrard to keep the three fresh. Will already be an upgrade over Enrique at LB. Very nice versatile player who is an exceptional player that is entering his prime years. It would be a shame if we didn't go for him. Would definitely be a signing in the right direction.
would you buy

Definitely A. If we buy a player who is good enough for the first team but he has to be rotated because there is already a quality player in his position then that means we have actually improved the squad and the bench.

Singing young talent and trying to mould them in the squad (let's Shelvey back in 2010 or Ngog in 2008, or Babel in 2007) is very risky. Most of the time they don't live up to the expectation and have to be let go after everyone's time has been wasted. Sturridge and Coutinho don't happen every time.

B option is my least favorite. I hate singing players just for the sake of them being back up a la Degen or Dossena. They never end up being good. Waste of money on all fronts.
i like Gustavo, as stand Lucas & Gerrard are deep midfielder's so buy Gustavo would mean we have to drop Lucas or Gerrard, now could not have Reina as back up because we could not pay a 1st team player to be a back up player

---------------------------------------------------------------

as for your point about mould young players yes some times it does not work out

but you look at the player who bought cheap has gone on to ok good club career, Barragan,Sissoko,Lucas,Paletta,Mikel San José,Insúa, Shelvey,Kacaniklic, then add Wisdom, Ibe,Sterling who also bought

as fans we all say yep some time it does not with young but carry back them when they come here ( only if we can all see they raw to be a top 4 player)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
are raw Biteco & Jorginho so is Alberto but did not buy Alberto,

Alberto has yet to play top League but did not buy Alberto

the thing is if not going to buy a top midfielder to play with Lucas & Gerrard then just sick with what work have a 3 man midfield, then sale Allen

1st team

--------------Lucas-----Gerrard------
-----------------Henderson--------

2nd team

-------------Biteco------Jorginho----
-------------------Alberto-------

then if Biteco & Jorginho are not work out & Coady look he could push for place in the squad we don't lose out
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 pm

vegfootball wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
vegfootball wrote:a good player but  we only play with one & out  defensive midfielder as we got Lucas, i don't see the point buy a player who should 1st player for him only be a bit player, can not that going well for the player as for left back it look like it a done with Cissokho

in my opinion we should be look at young talent fill in as back up player,
The last time we bought a young CB for back-up to be moulded to a first-team regular it was Coates and it all looked very promising: playing for Uruguay NT that was on the up and with good technique and he looked ready to explode on the big stage. Hasn't turned out great so far.

Combining this very hit & miss nature of buying young talents with our lack of CL footy - difficulty to attract the best players - I think we should seriously consider seizing opportunities to get Gustavo's quality in the squad.

Plus we've been buying a lot of young players recently and it would be good to get someone with Gustavos experience on board.

Also I don't think it would be a problem to rotate Gustavo with Lucas at DM and Enrique at LB. We know the latter can be inconsistent and Lucas isn't always on top of his game, either. Plus has been injured every now and then, so imho Gustavo ticks many of the boxes beneficial to us. And he's only 26, too, could give at least five good years to us.[/quote]

Last edited by Art Morte on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 pm

We are monitoring FC Groningen's Richairo Zivkovic after he scored in the Eredivisie in the weekend at age 16.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:03 pm

i would love for us to buy Gustavo but we got think was best for team & what the team needs now

why drop ever Gerrard or Lucas who know what they need to do in the formation for other 1st team defensive midfielder who has to lean the role,

what the team needs is a box to box/ attacking midfielder

brendan rodgers talk bit about a one & two & two & one

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:05 pm

McAgger wrote:We are monitoring FC Groningen's Richairo Zivkovic after he scored in the Eredivisie in the weekend at age 16.
i read about that, could be a good buy,

buy him the let stay at Groningen's for 3 years or so then see how good he could be
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 pm

We have already bought a young player this window, alberto. I think in this window we should not sign another youngster for whatever position doesnt matter. Unless someone is exceptional like Natasic or Pogba. Gustavo, I would like to see him in RED but I dont think BR will go for him. We know very well who might play as DM in case Lucas is injured.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:24 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote: We have already bought a young player this window, alberto. I think in this window we should not sign another youngster for whatever position doesnt matter. Unless someone is exceptional like Natasic or Pogba. Gustavo, I would like to see him in RED but I dont think BR will go for him. We know very well who might play as DM in case Lucas is injured.
i am agree with people but point is what does 1st team need the most

a) Gustavo 1st team defensive midfielder

b) Henrikh Mkhitaryan/Eriksen box-to-box/attacking midfielder type of player

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:32 pm

For me it's clear that we need a CB if Skrtel leaves.

Plus someone to replace Suarez. . now that would be very very tough. But then again if we can find someone who is more clinical then Suarez that might just be the master stroke for this window!! Thumbs up 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:58 pm

i would be happy if last 4 Transfers to be Cissokho,Papadopoulos, Herrmann,Eriksen i would dare to say the best Transfers we done in 20 years.
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:03 pm

vegfootball wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote: We have already bought a young player this window, alberto. I think in this window we should not sign another youngster for whatever position doesnt matter. Unless someone is exceptional like Natasic or Pogba. Gustavo, I would like to see him in RED but I dont think BR will go for him. We know very well who might play as DM in case Lucas is injured.
i am agree with people but point is what does 1st team need the most

a) Gustavo 1st team defensive midfielder

b) Henrikh Mkhitaryan/Eriksen box-to-box/attacking midfielder type of player

my only argument was not to sign a young player!!!
Off course, it is all about completing priorities mentioned by you in b. But it is also tearing your pocket extra inch to get gustavo in, future point of view!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:35 pm

As for replacing Suarez, I don't think we should look at it as one-on-one replacement. Sorry if that's not the correct term, btw lol. We've got now such attacking players in the team who could become more than the sum of each individual. Meaning that if Suarez's spot becomes vacant, we've got players who might perform very well together even if none of them is individually as good as Suarez.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Art Morte wrote:As for replacing Suarez, I don't think we should look at it as one-on-one replacement. Sorry if that's not the correct term, btw lol. We've got now such attacking players in the team who could become more than the sum of each individual. Meaning that if Suarez's spot becomes vacant, we've got players who might perform very well together even if none of them is individually as good as Suarez.
Im not sure about the term either but its just my understanding that if Suarez goes & we do not replace him with another striker then a huge pressure would fall upon Sturridge to finish our chances. Which would be really unfair. Coutinho & Aspas would create a lot without doubt but i just feel we would need another striker who would be more clinical & more into scoring goals then creating opportunities. Don't know much about Costa so can't tell if he would give us that. But read somewhere his finishing percentage of chances if pretty good compared to our EPL strikers. '

Btw what happened to the Costa deal? That just seems to have vanished in thin air. We are really finding it hard to get our targets it seems.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next