Protest at trigoria on july 9th? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Protest at trigoria on july 9th?

4 posters

Go down

Protest at trigoria on july 9th? Empty Protest at trigoria on july 9th?

Post by Lupi Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:30 pm

are fans trying to make this pre-season as hard as possible and whats with Antonello Venditti , He picked a very wrong time to come up with this
http://asroma-addict.com/forum/index.php/topic,5244.msg251470.html#new

Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Protest at trigoria on july 9th? Empty Re: Protest at trigoria on july 9th?

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:04 am

Yeah Venditti's speaking from the heart, but damn is his timing off No

The protests are all about the new leadership moving too fast with changing the club's image. I actually like some of the changes (kit deal, accelerated stadium project etc), but they are moving far too quickly on others like changing the logo and apparently choosing a new club anthem.

Venditti is well right to be pissed though as that's quite a bit of disrespect to him and the song that is synonymous with Roma.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:19 pm

I was a surprised at reading Venditti's words, but after actually listening to the interview, I understand him fully. As usual, journalists report things the way they want to and then there's the loss in translation, therefore distorting his words.

What he said is simple; when asked about the rumor circulating that they want a new anthem, he said that they could go right ahead and that it would almost be like a favor to him because he doesn't see those words reflect the Roma that he sees now. And, most importantly, he said that they could replace the anthem, but it would still remain in the hearts of those who really love the club, because a song makes its place in one's heart and not only in the stadium.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:07 pm

well they do what makes sense witch is after promoting club to non-Italian they have to build up some ways for new fans to relate to the club and at the same time i can see the reason behind Venditti's anger .solution : Make an English version of the song and make him sing it .
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:03 am

If anything the new logo looks better than the old one... "ASR" doesnt say much to non-italians, but when it says "Roma" they know this might be an Italian football club thats based in Rome.

Also i dont get Roma fans.. they want instant success on and off the pitch and now they are protesting that we are moving to fast?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:25 pm

flameas wrote:If anything the new logo looks better than the old one... "ASR" doesnt say much to non-italians, but when it says "Roma" they know this might be an Italian football club thats based in Rome.

Also i dont get Roma fans.. they want instant success on and off the pitch and now they are protesting that we are moving to fast?

the new logo is a child's drawing, no more.

and they are protesting the marketing scheme's that are being put into place, while all they want is an improved team and, off the pitch, the stadium which was promised. Things like new logos, new anthems, etc are completely unnecessary and mess with the history and the culture of the club. Obviously fans won't take too kindly to that, I'm not even in Rome and I'm pissed off about it.

You're right, ASR doesn't say much to non-italians, but so what? Once again, back to the culture topic, you just can't allow yourself as a foreign owner to go in and mess with such things. Pallotta does not have credibility yet nor does he have any authenticity. That's something that might develop over time, but Romans as of this moment do not trust him in charge of this club and rightfully so. I'm not excusing the impatience of our fan base, but if they feel they are being betrayed and taken for a ride, then it's only fair to protest.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down