goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 8 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:35 am

2016 is our best hope now.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 8 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Could be sarcastic

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:Could be sarcastic

That hope Proud

You are my inspiration.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:25 pm

I do hope he is writing a BIG FAT book. I mean at least 5000 pages.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:41 pm

He's aiming for 1500 manuscript pages, which is about the same length as books 3 and 5. Latest estimates have him at currently 800-900 manuscript pages, which means that he probably won't finish the book til 2016 anyways.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1ttc0e/no_spoilers_been_a_while_since_a_release_date_of/ceb845a
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:46 pm

VAGI
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Anyways finished All three of The Tales of Dunk n Egg. The mystery knight was fantastic.

The ending (not really a spoiler) was brilliant lol

"I have a question too," said Egg.

"I begin to understand why your father was so willing to be rid of you. What more would you have of me, cousin?"

"Who took the dragon's egg? There were guards at the door, and more guards on the steps, no way anyone could have gotten into Lord Butterwell's bedchamber unobserved."

Lord Rivers smiled. " Were I to guess, I'd say someone climbed up inside the privy shaft."

"The privy shaft was too small too club."

"For a man. A child could do it."

"Or a dwarf," Dunk blurted. How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one. Why shouldn't some of them belong to a troupe of comic dwarfs?

http://i.minus.com/iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

Hopefully there are more in the Tales of Dunk and egg series. Reading the Original dance of the dragon now
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:10 am

An interview Martin did in Australia in December surfaced this week, and he gives an unintentional spoiler. The question he was asked was do you read the websites and all the fan theories. His answer was not anymore. He used to, and then he came upon one of the series main secrets, and saw that people had figured it out.

And his exact quote was "what do I do with that? These people have guessed the secret I have always planned to reveal in the sixth book. Should I change it? Should I not? So I decided I'm just going to keep with the plan and never read their theories again."

I would say it was the secret of Jon's parents. I REALLY hope he isn't going to change the whole plot because of some people figuring it out :facepalm:

Most TV show fans and general fans have no idea. I mean most tv fans don't even know who Rhaegar is ffs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:14 am

what's the source of that? has to be fake Laughing

People did figure out 'Aegon is still alive' from comments he made in 2001 though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 am

Got that from another forum. Might be fake. Very possible

But he was touring in Australia and there are a lot of videos of his interviews which are pretty long so i can't be bothered watching.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:what's the source of that? has to be fake Laughing

People did figure out 'Aegon is still alive' from comments he made in 2001 though.

Yeah, people had been theorising that a "fake" Aegon was going to show up and there would be another Dance of Dragons for many years now.

The thing is, due to the extreme length in time between the release of the books, fans of ASOIAF have had a long time to read the books numerous times looking for clues and hidden foreshadowing, much longer than fans of other book series usually have, where a new book in their favourite series comes out every 2-3 years.

I mean seriously, it took GRRM 11 years to write A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons, and they are essentially one book, 11 years is more than enough to time figure out the big twists, GRRM shouldn't be in the least bit surprised. If he had kept to the 2-3 year cycle like other series do no one would have had time to figure it all out.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:42 pm

Yea agreed.

Not even JK rowling took this long to pull out 7 books. Although GoT univerise and GRR martin's writing is twice as good. But still

I am ok with waiting if the books keep on coming to be highest of quality. But waiting still has its limits. 20 years for 2 books.

And GRRM said he is not sure if it will be done in 2 books lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:07 pm

See Malazan. Ten 1000 page books with all of them released within two years of each other.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:12 pm

Currently on page 160 of the first book and this is what i can say:

1. Joffrey is a douche
2. Joffrey is a little girl
3. Hate the Lannisters (besides Tyrion)
4. Tyrion is a boss
5. Jaime is an assface
6. Ned is a good guy with an unfortunate situation
7. Cersei is a bitch
8. Bran Sad
9. Jon Snow shows maturity in handling the treatment from Catelyn
10. Dany is in a poor situation since her brother Viserys is an asshole who thinks he is currently a king
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:21 am

Excellent observations, now after reading many of his posts, what are your insights on RG :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:08 am

Motogp69 wrote:Excellent observations, now after reading many of his posts, what are your insights on RG :coffee:

RG is nub poster who often gets rekted anytime he says anything
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:02 am

I am nominating you for mod status, poor CB, bumped again :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:26 am

Motogp69 wrote:I am nominating you for mod status, poor CB, bumped again :coffee:

Laughing

CB Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:09 am

Juveman what the hell are you doing in this thread? GTFO before you are bombarded with spoilers Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Currently running :O
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Motogp69 wrote:Excellent observations, now after reading many of his posts, what are your insights on RG :coffee:

pls go
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:59 pm

The show is moving FAST. Dany's arc has moved forward to A Dance With Dragons.

The Jaime-Joffrey scenes which were not in the book looks interesting. Joffrey being a little shit even to his father :facepalm:can't wait for his onscreen death.

Also pretty sure Margaery and Brienne never interacted with each other in the books.

Several scenes stood out. Purple Wedding, the gift of mercy, Night's Watch vs Wildlings, Jaime talking to Tyrion just before freeing him. Can't wait for this season, this will be the best one yet.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Dat Drogon clip :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Drogon omg :bow:

yea that jaime-Joffrey shit never happened in the books. Also Brienne was never shown at kings landing. Her only part was when she was getting the Oathkeeper from Jaime and that was her memory instead of an actual thing.

This is definitely going too fast. Which makes me think that maybe, just maybe TWOW is coming out this year.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Looks like they replaced Illyn Payne with Bronn? Good move.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:05 pm

So how are they going to show Bronn marrying Lollys and becoming Lord Stokesworth along with Jamie going out with Bronn(illyn in the books), telling him his secrets and practising with him?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next