goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 6 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 17:49

BarrileteCosmico wrote:WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS, GET OUT! THIS THREAD IS DARK AND FULL OF SPOILERS.

So who else is excited for Tyrion's death? That will be gruesome.

Spoiler:

FFS Why didn't you tell me it was a joke Mad

All year, I spent in despair and depression thinking he was dead in the end Mad

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 6 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Juveman17 Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 18:26

Ffs guys STAHP
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 18:27

Juveman17 wrote:Ffs guys STAHP

Why are you in this thread if you have not read the books?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 18:30

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS, GET OUT! THIS THREAD IS DARK AND FULL OF SPOILERS.

Spoiler:

Because you said you didn't quite remember what you read, so by confirming or denying it I would be giving you a spoiler (that Tyrion lives, that Tyrion dies) and that might ruin the suspense of some parts.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 19:09

I just posted in the thread asking questions about the book since I want to start reading soon lol
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 19:19

Just read back the thread and I have stopped raging.

I also think, and thought about this the first time Melisandre mentioned Azhor Ahai. Jon Snow IS Azhor Ahai reborn. Stannis was never him. Think everyone knew that obviously. So he is pretty much not dead. I completely forgot the prologue and most likely, Jon switched into Ghost specially when the text mentioned "Jon, didn't feel the 4th stab, just the cold"

Also, agreed with people saying Jon is Lyanna and Rhaegar's son. Always thought even before reading the books that he had Targaryen blood in him. He can also be one of the 3 headed dragons.

I didn't think about Aegon being a fake before. His eyes and hair deceived me into thinking he was legit. If the prophecy is to be believed then he can be a fake. But clearly neither Connington nor Aegon himself know that. Maybe Varys and Illyrio are the only ones.

Speaking of 3 head of Dragons. Daenerys and Jon can possibly be two of them. If not Aegon, then who? Victarion? Euron?

Daenerys landed right in the midst of Khal Jhaqo and his Khalasar. I think he will bend his knees after seeing Drogon. If Daenerys can manage to get the whole Khalasar along with her unsullied together. :datass: Maybe something like, Meereen is the midst of war and maybe on the losing end or getting battered then Daenrys riding with the Jhoqo to the rescue like Tywin did once to save King's Landing.

Victarion's red priest himself intrigues me a lot. How can he be right on so many things? Not even Melisandre is so spot on at times. Also notice how R'hllor is becoming more and more important along with his followers. Victarion is probably the fleet Daenerys is looking for. He has enough ships with him.

Like I said before, Euron is a badass. He is much much more than it seems. Also, if he was there during the GreyJoy rebellion then they probably would have done a lot better.

Arya's chapters are incredible. She is easily one of the best character written. I still insist that the kindly man is Jaqen H'ghar himself. How will Arya return to Westeros though? Specially what's next for her. That pack of wolves she sees is obviously Nymeria leading other wolves.

Bran's arc is equally as interesting. I called it in the 2nd book how he is the descendant of Children of the Forest. But what is his purpose? Maybe he is going to stop the Others. Or maybe he is the 3rd head of the dragon? The 3 eyed crow keeps saying how he will fly. Maybe he meant that Bran will eventually fly in one of the dragons? Might be a bit far fetched. I also believe that when the Raven shouted "Jon snow" thrice, instead of just Snow. It was bran trying to talk. Same with when Theon heard his name at Winterfell.

Also interested to know what happened to Rickon and Osha.

btw Ramsay said he killed Stannis and Mance is captured. Is this the end of Stannis? Agreed with whoever said Melisandre knew that. She probably realised Jon Snow is much more valuable and the true king instead of Stannis. Her prophecy when she said there are Daggers all around him and that he should be afraid of those who are friends instead of enemies was spot on.

Winds of winter Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 19:21

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Spoiler:

Because you said you didn't quite remember what you read, so by confirming or denying it I would be giving you a spoiler (that Tyrion lives, that Tyrion dies) and that might ruin the suspense of some parts.

Towards the end, i made myself believe that I read Tywin and not Tyrion. So it was alright. Man I am relieved Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 21:59

Now that you have finished all the books and made me a very proud man, it's time for you to get lost in the compendum of theories Proud

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79775-a-compendium-of-theories/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 22:01

That's what I have been doing for 3 hours straight now Laughing

Does that link work for you btw? gives me an internal error.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 1:36

So it seems that GRRM will be writing the 2nd episode. I think that's too soon for the Mountain vs Viper fight most of us were hoping he would write, so what's left? Is the purple wedding too soon for the 2nd episode or just about right?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 1:46

Might be too soon. Episode 3-4 sounds reasonable for the fight. They have to build up Oberyn so the fans can actually like him ( as much as possible, being sadistic for a second)

Think the 1st two episodes will be like an intro to every arc. Daenrys and Meereen might take half the episode. Along with the introduction of Oberyn and the preparation at the wall and the wedding at king's landing

episode 3 can be the wedding with episode 4 the Trial ( hope they show most of it ) and then the fight maybe.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 1:58

What does everyone think about this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1k80pg/spoilers_all_the_endgame_of_the_faceless_men/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 2:05

RealGunner wrote:

That alchemist who asked for the key from Pate in return for gold. Think it was Jaqen H'ghar. Interesting prologue. The other prologue of sixskin was pretty boring.

Many are saying on the net that they believe it was Jaqen himself indeed and now he is Pate instead after killing him.

hmm

Also, seeing how important the sixskin prologue is, I am going to read it again.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 2:09

M99 wrote:Now that you have finished all the books and made me a very proud man, it's time for you to get lost in the compendum of theories Proud

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79775-a-compendium-of-theories/
That's great stuff lmao, so many i've never heard about
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 4:05

I followed RG's link to the ASOIAF reddit. It's ridiculous. WTF am I reading.

A Game of Mods:

OP: http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1uthic/no_spoilers_how_a_founding_maester_of_rasoiaf_was/
Response: http://np.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1uthic/no_spoilers_how_a_founding_maester_of_rasoiaf_was/celk8wm
Rebuttal: http://np.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1uthic/no_spoilers_how_a_founding_maester_of_rasoiaf_was/celklsr

Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 9:41

RG the link works now. There was internal error yesterday but it's fine now.

I've been doing some internet sleuthing on the TV show and I'm putting my findings in spoilers just in case if you don't want to know what will happen when.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 16:38

I think Jaime arrived at King's Landing last season because if he had set out back home in episode 5 and never got back by the end of the season people would have been pretty pissed/might have forgotten by the beginning of the next season that he was even traveling there. Remember that in Season 1 Tyrion went from the Wall, to Winterfell to being captured by Catelyn to the Vale in pretty much 2/3 episodes, and that was a much greater distance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 16:45

Not to mention Sam is already at Castle Black before Jon returned whereas he came after the fight ended in the books
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 16:59

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I followed RG's link to the ASOIAF reddit. It's ridiculous. WTF am I reading.

A Game of Mods:

OP: http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1uthic/no_spoilers_how_a_founding_maester_of_rasoiaf_was/
Response: http://np.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1uthic/no_spoilers_how_a_founding_maester_of_rasoiaf_was/celk8wm
Rebuttal: http://np.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1uthic/no_spoilers_how_a_founding_maester_of_rasoiaf_was/celklsr

Laughing

LMFAO.

The amount of theories I have read in 24 hours is incredible. The more you think about stuff, the more you are convinced this will happen. However 50% of it is just red herring according to GRR Martin himself. And I won't be surprised if he shits all over the fans and go completely in opposite direction.

But, the faceless man and the Doom theory is so convincing. Which makes you think if the faceless men are actually trying to make Arya their leader or something. And send her to kill Daenerys/Jon/Lady Stoneheart. The shitstorm if that happens Proud

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 23:37

What does everyone think about Ramsay's letter to Jon in the end?

Most people think it was BS and Stannis hasn't even attacked yet. But how did Ramsay know about Mance Ryder then? Maybe Mance was caught and told him everything about Jon's plan?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 13 Jan 2014 - 4:44

RealGunner wrote:What does everyone think about this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1k80pg/spoilers_all_the_endgame_of_the_faceless_men/
I feel like there's no way to prove or disprove that.

I'm in the Jon's letter is a false provocation camp, dont see how Mannis could've been defeated by Ramsay if they never even get there.

I'm trying to figure out how the GOT timing will work out with the novels. Assuming AFFC/ADWD will take 2 seasons, told together, we get:

2014: ASOS Part II
2015: AFFC/ADWD Part I
2016: AFFC/ADWD Part II
2017: TWOW
2018: ADOS

TWOW will probably be released in 2015, which gives GRRM all of 2 years to write the last book... which simply isn't happening. Not to mention that even if he finishes it in time that might not be enough time for the producers to get the season going. I suppose TWOW could take up 2 seasons, or there might be a year-long hiatus, but GRRM finishing in 3 years seems just as unlikely.

Also I'm not entirely convinced it will take only 7 books to finish the entire series...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon 13 Jan 2014 - 5:46

He's going to die before he finishes it, and we're going to be left wondering when Dany's dragons were supposed to get to Westeros.

ONNNNNNNNEEEE WIENER NEXT TO ANOOOOTHERRR WEINNNERRRR
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 13 Jan 2014 - 11:57

Spoilerific discussion of the trailer here hmm

Red Viper vs The Mountain :bow:

Jamie interacting with Joffrey looks interesting.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 Jan 2014 - 13:18

Jamie's "war isn't over yet" wasn't in the books was it?

Also that Tyrion justice quote. He is talking to Oberyn right?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 13 Jan 2014 - 14:29

Yeah you are right on both. Also it looks pretty certain that Ser Alliser Thorne will take Donal Noye's place in the Night Watch vs Wildlings battle.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 13 Jan 2014 - 16:19

Oberyn looks wayy too young.

https://imgur.com/a/HP7zv#22
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next