marketing thread

+13
S32TABLANCA
The_ItalianFool
che
♠Ace
McLewis
totaalvoetbal
Kiwigunner
JAY-Z
mr-r34
RealGunner
ronalessi
bloodless
Highburied
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by che Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 pm

it's not gonna help either... honestly, everyone who's saying we should be spamming youtube and whatnot, have you EVER clicked on a spam link in a comment?

che
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm

@che wrote:it's not gonna help either... honestly, everyone who's saying we should be spamming youtube and whatnot, have you EVER clicked on a spam link in a comment?

dude, how do you think youtube accounts get their subscribers??

I think you are thinking too much into the word 'spam.' We're not talking about random emails or pop ups....When i say spam, i just mean post it everywhere and anywhere. There is no way it can hurt, and we are bound to attract football fans with legit football videos and stuff of that sort.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2216
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by che Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:23 pm

youtube accounts and forum links are completely different matters...

if you wanna promote this do this through YOUR OWN youtube account, fb account, twitter, whatever... appealing to people you know or who at least have an idea who you are, noone's gonna click on a link in a comment on goal.com's fb page

i'd still wait before we move to a .com though...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 pm

@che wrote:youtube accounts and forum links are completely different matters...

if you wanna promote this do this through YOUR OWN youtube account, fb account, twitter, whatever... appealing to people you know or who at least have an idea who you are, noone's gonna click on a link in a comment on goal.com's fb page

i'd still wait before we move to a .com though...

I agree we should establish ourselves a bit more before we turn it into a .com
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2216
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 pm

@The_ItalianFool wrote:
@che wrote:youtube accounts and forum links are completely different matters...

if you wanna promote this do this through YOUR OWN youtube account, fb account, twitter, whatever... appealing to people you know or who at least have an idea who you are, noone's gonna click on a link in a comment on goal.com's fb page

i'd still wait before we move to a .com though...

I agree we should establish ourselves a bit more before we turn it into a .com

When we turn it into .com and change to something like Vbulletin we will attract more people.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Im all for marketing, but we really have to wait and settle down first. No use gathering people to a site in transition. So we could make a plan:

Get a proper domain
Fix up the site and renovate it completely till its done
Get some ads and revenue coming in
Then start the marketing

I dont believe that we should start our own news site. Sure, we 'broke off' from goal.com, but we cant even think of pretending to compete with it. A forum is fine, there are plenty of football news sites. If we can make this forum into something great, then start to market it, we should be fine.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by Kiwigunner Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:09 am

When exactly did we decide to try and be a news site? thats pretty ambitious considering 99% of us don't know eachother. I'm up for anything though.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 371
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:13 am

http://ezinearticles.com/?Forum-Traffic---How-to-Get-More-Members-on-Your-Forum&id=58885

http://www.locallytype.com/2006/09/23/the-10-things-to-do-to-get-your-forum-loads-of-traffic-without-loads-of-money-%E2%80%A6/

http://www.forumdr.com/how-to-get-traffic-to-your-forum/1286/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26894
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:37 am

There are a few all around forums on internet, that if we can get their members here, it'd be amazing.

I'd love here to have fans of not so called big clubs as well....I am trying to get on that tonight.

the news and editorials will come in time...IMO

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:51 am

Sepi wrote:There are a few all around forums on internet, that if we can get their members here, it'd be amazing.

I'd love here to have fans of not so called big clubs as well....I am trying to get on that tonight.

the news and editorials will come in time...IMO

Awesome mate.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by M99 Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Just spamming Youtube or Facebook with the link will not work. A little more creativity need. For example in a Pazzini fan page or Matri youtube video you can write this.

Who do you think is the better striker and deserves to start in La Nazionale? Inter Milan hitman Giampaolo Pazzini or Juventus striker Alessandro Matri? Join Goal Legacy-football forum for football fanatics around the world and voice your opinion!
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/

Something like that. And also something lke this won't hurt in AC Milan's fan page.

Who is this Mr X, the champion Berlusconi and Galliani promised and coach Masimilliano Alegri is giving hints about? Is it Javier Pastore? Paolo Henrique Ganso? Marek Hamsik? Discuss the possibilities with both Milanistas and other fans around the globe in Goal Legacy-football forum for football fanatics as the Rossoneri is looking to challenge for the UEFA Champions League next season.
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/

I used to have a facebook account but I deactivated it some months back and I forgot my Youtube username 2 years ago lol.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 29855
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:32 pm

remember u can use www.goallegacy.tk as we;;
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88555
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by ronalessi Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:36 pm

milanista99 wrote:Just spamming Youtube or Facebook with the link will not work. A little more creativity need. For example in a Pazzini fan page or Matri youtube video you can write this.

Who do you think is the better striker and deserves to start in La Nazionale? Inter Milan hitman Giampaolo Pazzini or Juventus striker Alessandro Matri? Join Goal Legacy-football forum for football fanatics around the world and voice your opinion!
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/

Something like that. And also something lke this won't hurt in AC Milan's fan page.

Who is this Mr X, the champion Berlusconi and Galliani promised and coach Masimilliano Alegri is giving hints about? Is it Javier Pastore? Paolo Henrique Ganso? Marek Hamsik? Discuss the possibilities with both Milanistas and other fans around the globe in Goal Legacy-football forum for football fanatics as the Rossoneri is looking to challenge for the UEFA Champions League next season.
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/

I used to have a facebook account but I deactivated it some months back and I forgot my Youtube username 2 years ago lol.

This is the way to go. Only, as the Admin said, use the tk address instead.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 109

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by M99 Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:50 pm

@ronalessi wrote:
milanista99 wrote:Just spamming Youtube or Facebook with the link will not work. A little more creativity need. For example in a Pazzini fan page or Matri youtube video you can write this.

Who do you think is the better striker and deserves to start in La Nazionale? Inter Milan hitman Giampaolo Pazzini or Juventus striker Alessandro Matri? Join Goal Legacy-football forum for football fanatics around the world and voice your opinion!
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/

Something like that. And also something lke this won't hurt in AC Milan's fan page.

Who is this Mr X, the champion Berlusconi and Galliani promised and coach Masimilliano Alegri is giving hints about? Is it Javier Pastore? Paolo Henrique Ganso? Marek Hamsik? Discuss the possibilities with both Milanistas and other fans around the globe in Goal Legacy-football forum for football fanatics as the Rossoneri is looking to challenge for the UEFA Champions League next season.
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/

I used to have a facebook account but I deactivated it some months back and I forgot my Youtube username 2 years ago lol.

This is the way to go. Only, as the Admin said, use the tk address instead.

Like I said, I don't have a Facebook or Youtube account. You guys can copy paste and use the tk address instead.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 29855
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by ronalessi Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:15 pm

From 371 members yesterday to 463 members today. GET INNNNNNNNNNNNN Razz
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 109

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by totaalvoetbal Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:19 pm

100 topics have been made in general section and this forum has just started Very Happy

I think this forum is doing great! 469 members and growing Razz

Well done all!
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 174
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by Highburied Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:25 pm

www.goallegacy.com is available.

I can donate to admins if they wanna reserve it.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2630
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:27 pm

@highburied wrote:www.goallegacy.com is available.

I can donate to admins if they wanna reserve it.


I would also try to help out if needed, we should definitely get that domain
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2216
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:39 am

Spamming will make us look desperate and bad...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:06 am

maybe we have a football full-match highlights place in the forum....alot of people are looking for that

another thing we could do in the future is once a real site is running is to add stream links...but to keep away from any legal issues they have to be not hosted by site
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

marketing thread - Page 2 Empty Re: marketing thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum