The "there's a good chance Madrid will actually make the final" thread - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The "there's a good chance Madrid will actually make the final" thread

+49
Brady2Moss
izzy
Abramovich
McAgger
Grooverider
iftikhar
TheRedStag
timzink
Albiceleste
AltoZ
Doc
Jack Daniels
danyjr
Blue Barrett
Moqqis
vivabarca38
Zealous
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Deja Vu
Pedram
Onyx
rwo power
guest7
dostoevsky
jibers
Harmonica
Mack10
Kamikaze692
The Sanchez
LeVersacci
VivaStPauli
ExtremistEnigma
VanDeezNuts
Zlatan
Kaladin
la bestia negra
FennecFox7
CBarca
lszanto
DeletedUser#1
Swanhends
abetelle
Lex
donttreadonred
RealGunner
shinigami99
ELO
Juveman17
BarrileteCosmico
53 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The "there's a good chance Madrid will actually make the final" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "there's a good chance Madrid will actually make the final" thread

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:25 am

Madrid must go all out right from the start in my opinion.

López
Arbeloa/Essien - Ramos - Pepe - Coentrão
Alonso - Modrić
Higuaín - di María - Ronaldo
Benzema

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The "there's a good chance Madrid will actually make the final" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "there's a good chance Madrid will actually make the final" thread

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 am

I actually think it's possible. It's about as likely as Dortmund winning 4-1 at home.

It's just that, despite Dortmund actually doing it, if you play that match again and again, 9 out of 10 times Dortmund win only 2-1.
90% of trys, Lewandowski skyes two of his perfectly taken goals. Not even taking a shit on him, they were just so classy and precise goals, they're the kind you don't always score. The win was deserved, maybe even the score line, but that they actually managed to score 4 was kind of a fluke.

If Madrid get that clinical, they can score 4 too. I just hardly see them keeping a clean sheet, Dortmunds defensive organization is vastly superior, and let's not even speak about how many infinities of times their CB pairing is better.

But still. If Dortmund can win this high at home, so can Real Madrid. I just hope the Dortmund players realize this, and do everything to kill off the tie early.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:46 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Madrid must go all out right from the start in my opinion.

López
Alonso - Modrić
Benzema
holy crap.. Pls go
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:52 am

What's wrong with it? Razz

I know the midfield is too brittle, but then again, how good was Madrid's midfield in the away leg? More attacking minded players should be played considering the fact that Dortmund's defense is kind of tough to break.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:29 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Madrid must go all out right from the start in my opinion.

López
Alonso - Modrić
Benzema

That team will get rape 4-1 again bro
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:34 am

Ramos-pepe partnership is a big no (Varane-Ramos)

And Alonso-Modric has not worked against other teams besides scrub teams in la liga

And why would you have Higuain as RW, Benz as CF & not the opposite hmm

Also, Ozil is a must
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:38 am

LeGladiator wrote:

López
Alonso - Modrić
Benzema
holy crap.. Pls go

mou might as well give it a shot.
Actually, i would prefer if v played benz and higuain 2gether. I'm not entirely sure about Hummels holding up if we have Pipa playing on his shoulder AND benz distracting subotic
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 am

Just noticed Khedira was missing eco smile
U mad boy?? There aint no Remontada without Mr. Spartaaaaaa eco smile
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:49 am

Well, lol, Madrid started with much more defensive minded players in Khedira and Ozil and still got thrashed 4-1 didn't they?

Attack is one of their strong points and as such they must focus on that. Khedira has been pretty useless in UCL. Starting Modric ahead of him makes much more sense, however, he is certainly not a kind of player that would work in a double pivot but you must take risks sometimes. Playing Benzema and Higuain together means added goal threat, not to mention the fact that Higuain is decent in track-backing. I might've been harsh on Ozil there but playing di Maria over him would be better in my presumption since Dortmund will have to deal with his pace and that might open up their defence.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack10 Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 am

I can bet with anyone that Dortmund will beat Madrid again, my confidence comes from the fact that through out their 3 meeting Madrid have failed to take the lead at any giving point in time, so I am anticipating Madrid 1:3 Dortmund.
Mack10
Mack10
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:43 am

Dortmund has zero chance. Bet your house on it, and collect 5 houses. Easiest moneys you ever make.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack10 Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:58 am

Harmonica wrote:Dortmund has zero chance. Bet your house on it, and collect 5 houses. Easiest moneys you ever make.

Is this supposed to be a joke?
Mack10
Mack10
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:58 am

Where Madrid fans get their confidence from is beyond me. Brb outclassed 3 times and bvb should have won 3 out of 3. Face it your team has looked pretty poor against every big team under Mourinho. Dortmund to win by 2 goals at least. Better at everything.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:20 am

jibercus wrote:Where Madrid fans get their confidence from is beyond me. Brb outclassed 3 times and bvb should have won 3 out of 3. Face it your team has looked pretty poor against every big team under Mourinho. Dortmund to win by 2 goals at least. Better at everything.
why are so obsessed about all things Madrid and Mourinho (esp. Mou) ??
In every Madrid related thread, you seem to hav a harsh opinion on Mou.
Tell me this, are you still hurting from the Round of 16 defeat, and hence spewing ur hate? Or are you some sort of closet Mou fanatic, who wants to mask your obsession for him with these posts, yet in reality u cant wait for him to take charge at Old Trafford???
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 am

Kamikaze692 wrote:
jibercus wrote:Where Madrid fans get their confidence from is beyond me. Brb outclassed 3 times and bvb should have won 3 out of 3. Face it your team has looked pretty poor against every big team under Mourinho. Dortmund to win by 2 goals at least. Better at everything.
why are so obsessed about all things Madrid and Mourinho (esp. Mou) ??
In every Madrid related thread, you seem to hav a harsh opinion on Mou.
Tell me this, are you still hurting from the Round of 16 defeat, and hence spewing ur hate? Or are you some sort of closet Mou fanatic, who wants to mask your obsession for him with these posts, yet in reality u cant wait for him to take charge at Old Trafford???

So speaking the truth = hate

I suppose Nick09 and half the Madrid fans hate him as well eh.

Pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 am

Mack10 wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Dortmund has zero chance. Bet your house on it, and collect 5 houses. Easiest moneys you ever make.

Is this supposed to be a joke?
scratch Can you elaborate how Dortmund has a chance?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 am

I quite agree with Sepi's statement concerning the culture on Goal Legacy when it comes to such topics. Doubtless, there are expressions of sincere modesty but there are times when the thread is diverted by meaningless reverse jinxing.

Madrid have a chance of course, however it's a slim one. A tangible one, however a good chance implies that if this game was played ten times, they'd get through about four or five times. As Viva said, Dortmund's display of clinical finishing made for a rare victory, one in which not only was the opposition dominant, but they passed up few real chances to score. A similar result was Barcelona's come back against Milan. Barcelona were dominant, however crucially they took every chance that came their way and they created them early. It was also a victory predicated on Milan failing to take their chances.

It's the same drill for this tie. Playing in a desperate situation at the Bernebau, Madrid are certain to create goal scoring opportunities, however they only need miss one or two clear cut chances to let this tie slip out of their grasp. All this whilst hoping that when chances fall to Dortmund, they don't take them, an element within their control only to an extent in the end. One moment of madness can change any tie, but I very much doubt we'll see Madrid recover from such a position. Dortmund to sail through with a scoring draw in which they never look uncomfortable but in which Madrid salvage a bit of pride. As long as they don't come out with the intention of sitting deep in the manner of the second half in Spain during the group stage - which I felt was partly due to fatigue might I add - then they'll be in the position they need to be to dictate proceedings.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:50 am

In what games have Dortmund conceded three and not scored a single goal since Klopp took over?

I seriously doubt Madrid will manage to make a comeback vs a German team. This is over, magical nights in Bernabeu just dont happen anymore
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 am

Well, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Dortmund. I want to see them in the final and not Madrid. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack10 Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:59 am

The match is only 11 hours away from being over, let just exercise patience.
Mack10
Mack10
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:13 am

I think it's possible. We scored 2 vs Bayern at the Bernabeu last year and they were superior over the 2 legs.

I know tactically Dortmund have been better over the 3 games we've played them this season, however Mourinho's one of the best coaches in the World, he's experienced and hopefully he won't make the same tactical mistakes again.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:48 am

Obvious reverse jinx attempt is obvious. :coffee:

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:48 am

Come on, Dortmund. Make me $67 richer. Smile
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:51 am

Come on Real, make me 4 houses richer.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:12 pm

Harmonica wrote:Come on Real, make me 4 houses richer.
rofl
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:13 pm

Harmonica wrote:Come on Real, make me 4 houses richer.
rofl
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next