Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Mon May 20, 2013 11:03 am

René Adler would be so sweet... *rubbing my hands*

Like so many others I'm feeling this transfer window is going to be our best, in terms of spending and also in terms of actual quality signings.

DON'T LET ME DOWN WENGER!!!

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Mon May 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Apparently yesterday Jovetic was interviewed and said, "There is some interest from the Premier League and my representatives are looking at the offers now" and that "I would be keen for a move to London at some point in the future."

Anyway, these are making the rounds on Twitter - I haven't seen a source or confirmation for them yet.

Oh, plus there is this from, errrrr, Caught Offside:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/20/done-deal-arsenal-to-complete-24m-deal-to-sign-stevan-jovetic-striker-this-week/
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon May 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Its now or never.

We should take advantage as our rivals will be with new managers.

I feel our time has come to pull the trigger.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Pull the trigger???
It's time to light up the cannon, and bombs away!!! Smile
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Wenger please, all we need is 3 players, make us proud.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 20, 2013 3:45 pm

If we're planning next season to play with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2 as we've done this season this is what I would like and expect to happen in the summer:

Sell: Vermaelen, Coquelin, Gervinho and some of these scrubs we still have like Djourou, Santos, Denilson etc... (I'm not expecting to sell them all)

Loan: Bellerin, Ryo, Gnabry, Olsson, Campbell and Akpom (don't care for the other youngsters)

Sign: J. Cesar, Sakho, Kondogbia, Villa and Jovetic.

Our squad would be complete, in every position we would have 2 very capable players + 1 backup

GK: J. Cesar, Szczesny + Martinez
RB: Sagna, Jenkinson + Ramsey
CB: Mertesacker, Koscielny, Sakho, Miquel + Sagna
LB: Gibbs, Monreal + Sagna/Miquel/Sakho
DM: Arteta, Kondogbia + Ramsey
CM: Ramsey, Wilshere + Diaby
AM: Cazorla, Jovetic + Rosicky/Wilshere
RW: Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain + Eisfeld
LW: Cazorla, Podolski + Jovetic
CF: Villa, Giroud + Jovetic

First team:

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Kondogbia Wilshere
Walcott Jovetic Cazorla
Villa

Bench: J. Cesar; Sakho; Arteta, Ramsey; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Giroud;

or

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Arteta Ramsey
Walcott Wilshere Cazorla
Jovetic

Bench: J. Cesar; Sakho; Kondogbia, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Podolski, Villa, Giroud;

Even if we do not sign *exactly* these players, I expect to sign players from these positions.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 20, 2013 3:51 pm

you have Monreal in the squad but not on the team sheet or bench. will he be in the stands every game scratch

I think you will have competition for Kondogbia. it looks like alot of teams are after him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 20, 2013 4:00 pm

No Monreal and Gibbs will rotate as they've done since he came here. Gibbs in home games, Monreal away. Same with Jenkinson and Sagna if necessary.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Kondogbia looks really talented but he also look really raw, dont know if i want him instead of someone like say lars bender
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab Mon May 20, 2013 10:03 pm

I have a good feeling about this summer *touch wood*

May see Wenger finally spend some money
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab Mon May 20, 2013 10:08 pm

I just have a question :- If we do get Jovetic where would Giroud play?

I think he has to play and has been good in his first season, 39 Appearances 20 goals 13 assists are not bad.
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 20, 2013 10:13 pm

having a good depth so we shouldnt overplay anyone
Jovetic as 1st choice up top
sometimes behind Giroud

Yet Giroud capable of playing on his own and Jovi gets rest
pretty much similar to how they use Jovetic and Toni there

while Jovetic is their star man they didnt heavily rely on him and could do the job without* him(baring his injury records Embarassed )
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 20, 2013 10:35 pm

rumours that Dick Law is in spain hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Jovetic can play on the left or behind the striker, so the option to play him and Giroud together would be there.

Giroud's had a good debut season and brings a lot to the squad, but for Arsenal to really progress to the next level they need someone capable of producing something in the final third on a regular basis, whether it be someone like Jovetic, who can pop up with a moment of skill to open up a defence, or Higuain, who can convert the majority of the chances that comes his way.

It's tough on Giroud, but he's shown this year that he can't do either of those things regularly enough and I don't believe a team has won this league without a striker that can make a difference.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 pm

If Dick Law is really in Spain then

Villa/Higuain might be the targets

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon May 20, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 pm

He's gone there to sell Koscielny, obviously.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Imagine if he is in for Oezil/Isco hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Dat 30M player is back on the cards :wub:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 20, 2013 10:44 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10069854/Gonzalo-Higuain-tops-Arsene-Wengers-transfer-wish-list-as-Arsenal-prepare-to-make-forward-record-19m-signing.html

Egh. Rather 25 for Jovetic
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 20, 2013 10:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:He's gone there to sell Koscielny, obviously.

For footballing reason's I bet, we cant stop now, been selling our best players and we keep winning a top4 trophy. eco smile

Why stop now? Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 20, 2013 11:09 pm

Here comes the lying donkey with his usual donkey shit.
Ivan Donkey Gazidis we want We want silverware' Laughing Shocked Shocked eco smile
“Arsene and the team put together a remarkably strong and consistent run in the final stages of the season, a run of form of which we should all be proud,” he told the club’s official website.

“It puts us into the Champions League fight for the 16th consecutive year.”

After eight years without a trophy fans have started to question the club’s priorities, but the chief executive reassured fans silverware is at the forefront of their plans.

“It is important to reiterate that for everyone at the club, qualification for the Champions League is not our ultimate ambition,” he added. rofl

“Our majority owner Mr [Stan] Kroenke has made it clear that while it's an achievement to make the Champions League our ultimate objective is to win the major trophies. rofl

“We all share that clear ambition and will be driving the club forward to achieve it. Arsene and I have already been planning what we need to do to strengthen so we are better placed next season.”
rofl

I wish he shuts his mouth and spends some money, tired of delusional ambition.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon May 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Higuain for £19m, we're getting robbed :facepalm:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue May 21, 2013 12:50 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Higuain for £19m, we're getting robbed :facepalm:

You really think so? Obviously you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not knocking it but I'm actually surprised the reported fees aren't a bit higher. Even if Higuain's not one's first choice, or if a more creative marquee forward is preferred, based on market value alone £19m doesn't seem so bad to me.

Transfermarkt (just to pick one example, of course it's not official) lists Higuain's current value as £33.5, with a contract to 2016. He's had a very strong goals per game ratio over several seasons at a very high-pressure club. Plus 19 goals in 32 caps for Argentina isn't chopped liver, not in the age of Messi. He offers something the club doesn't have in terms of playing style, too. And he's just in the early part of his footballing prime. Considering that £19m is less than what Man City paid for Samir Nasri (not to mention Tevez, Aguero, or Dzeko), it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Mind you, it's not Cazorla-level value, either. But I'm quite happy to think of the possibility of getting Higgy for under £20m.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro E.Zackarias Tue May 21, 2013 5:03 am

Firstly,Jovetic is younger and definitely more versatile than Higgy and is available for nearly the same money.

Another thing is that we(or at least I) as an Arsenal fan prefer tricky versatile players to take our attacking philosophy to the next level rather than these monotonous goal machines,though that's what Arsenal require tbf.

However I hope we do get El Pipita if we don't sign Jovetic.

Alejandro E.Zackarias
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro E.Zackarias Tue May 21, 2013 5:09 am

Arsenal are reportedly preparing a £12m offer for Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner.

The Swiss international has caught the attention of the Premier League side due to his solid performances during his two seasons with the Bianconeri thus far.

Manager Arsene Wenger is particularly impressed with the 29-year-old’s versatility, as he can play either in the right side of defense or in midfield.

The Gunners are looking to find an adequate replacement for French international Bacary Sagna, who joined the London-based club in 2007 from French side Auxerre.

Since his arrival from Lazio, Lichtsteiner has grown into an integral part of Antonio Conte’s side, with six goals in over 70 appearances for the Bianconeri as the Turin giants successfully claimed the Scudetto two seasons in a row.

Nicknamed “Forrest Gump” by some of his fans due to his tireless runs down the right wing, Lichtsteiner began his career with Swiss side Grasshoppers before moving on to Ligue 1 with Lille for three years.

A very good player with lots of experience and wouldn't hinder Jenkinson's growth in the long term as well.But I do doubt whether Juve would sell him.

How about a Bendtner-Lichtsteiner swap hmm

Alejandro E.Zackarias
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro E.Zackarias Tue May 21, 2013 5:19 am

The dead weight disposal has just started Very Happy

Craig Eastmond joins Colchester United

We started taking baby steps in the right direction.Just waiting for the giant leap Very Happy

Alejandro E.Zackarias
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next