FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread - Page 4 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread

+30
Eivindo
FilthyLuca
Arquitecto
Juventude
Kaladin
lucianomoggi
dronte
Fuzail
Luca
Dario Altafini
johniet
Rossonero23
TrezeGent
GIGItheBest
elm_baraja_shaman
nobionye
inderbaby
Marchino28
marottalad
adun101
Adrian0911
juvealbanian
Juveman17
S
MMM
flameas
DeviAngel
djfawnz
Targus
Tomwin Lannister
34 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread - Page 4 Empty Re: FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread

Post by Luca Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:13 am

DeviAngel wrote:btw after Pirlo Quagliarella was the shittiest player on the pitch ...

If you don't count Matri, Peluso or Marchisio as players then absolutely.
Let's look for more scapegoats though

This is just one of those games where everything that could go wrong did. Concede two stupid goals, one that was in the first minute and changed the entire approach. Conte did not really do himself any favours with his starting line up, but hey, he's the manager and he chose who he thought would be best.

The only thing I know is that in four months you're not supposed to go from starting for Atalanta to starting against Bayern in Munich in the Champions League [Peluso].

3-5-2 utterly exposed and destroyed. All the respect in the world to Bayern, they played a fantastic game. I was especially impressed with Mandzukic, he had the kind of work rate that Conte dreams a striker would have for Juventus. Not the most technical player but my God did he work, put Quagliarella, Matri, Giovinco and Vucinic combined to shame in that regard and it wasn't even close.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread - Page 4 Empty Re: FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread

Post by S Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:04 am

DeviAngel wrote:btw after Pirlo Quagliarella was the shittiest player on the pitch ...

Devi i respect you but there's no point in making comments like these.

What about Peluso ? Marchisio ? Matri ? All were much more terrible and 'shittier' on the night.There is really no point in scapegoating players because almost the entire team was poor.

Lets move on from his defeat now and hope we give a good account of ourselves in the return leg.I'd be delighted if that happened atleast.

(Also agree with Luca's post in entirety.+1 Luca)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzail Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 am

MArchisio was shitty?

are you kidding me guys? just pirlo just pirlo
never went for the easy pass and lost the ball every time he got it

Marchisio got the ball just 5 times

we have to play a

Buffon
BBC
Isla pirlo pogba Marchisio
Vucinic Matri Giovinco

No other chance we played pathetic, we didnt play for a single second. We humiliated Italy. Bayern didn't play god at all, we let them win. yes, the goal was offside but it doen't matter if you're playing like that

shit performance shit performance.

Pirlo, Matri, Quag played pathetic. Peluso was not bad.

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 am

Pirlo is an old man afterall.He is playing non stop both for the NT and club so obviously those old legs might be catching up and 2 games a week might probably be a bit too much for him.If anything it showed how we're way too dependent on him.If he plays poor,the whole team's performance goes down.From a creativity point of view we have just 2 players in that respect and that is himself and Vucinic and the latter not starting dint help our cause either.Atleast come next season i hope we reduce this overdependency on him and find suitable alternatives in the creativity department.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:00 am

Fuzail wrote:MArchisio was shitty?

are you kidding me guys? just pirlo just pirlo
never went for the easy pass and lost the ball every time he got it

Marchisio got the ball just 5 times

He was totally invisible yesterday and whenever he got the ball he gave it away with some poor passes.Very disappointed in him because i had great expectations from him.Disappointed in the team's performance in general regardless.Hope to see a strong performance against Pescara to make me forget this 'debacle' temporarily atleast.Moving on now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:43 am

The space behind the fullbacks was epic.. even Taddei would run riot. If you wanted to defend then the fullbacks must have been futher back.. a 5 -3 -2.. bayern is only good at wingplay. and ribery/robben and müller also completely destroyed juves defense.

also, why doesnt juve have a DMF who can break up opponents play.. a real hard man.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 am

Possibly our worst performance in the Conte era, I don't really have anything else to add.
The quick (deflected, again) goal killed off the whole match for us, but no way it was the only problem. The whole team looked slow and lacked composure this time.

Pirlo wasn't bad imo, everybody tried to play the ball to him, that showed the insecurity of the whole team. But the mistakes we made in front of our goal.. Haven't seen anything like this for years at Juve.
Vidal screamed for a yellow from the start, he only got it after his 2nd or 3rd yellow worthy move, and now he is suspended..
Matri and Quags were totally invisible with probably 1-2 touches on the ball, Vucinic coming in made a great impact, too bad we couldn't score.

Also Clattenburg is a retard, but not only because Ribery's tackle and the offside, but he had really terrible calls on both ends in the whole game (Lichsteiner and Luiz Gustavo both yellow for simulating, while none of them was)
Totally inconsequent, giving yellow for light fouls then giving nothing for lot worse ones..

Edit: one more note, am I the only one who thought Buffon had a great part in both of the goals..? Okay, the first took a deflection but it was a weak shot from like 35 metres, and it didn't totally change the angle (totally different from the Chelsea goal for example).
The second wasn't a really good shot either, but that was more on the defenders, noone going for the ball, I mean wtf.. Even if it was offside.

Conte also got the tactics all wrong, Bayern badly exploited our 3-5-2 on the sides, and he was slow to react with the subs also..

And now, we are missing Vidal and Lichsteiner for the second leg who were our best players yesterday. Now that's sad.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:39 am

ONE MORE THING:
MARCHISIO IS A WORLD CLASS PLAYER, A BIG TEAM PLAYER, BUT THE TACTICS CONTE USED YESTERDAY DIDINT FIT HIM, HE SHOULD BE PLAYING BEHIND VUCINIC BECAUSE HE CAN RUN AND MAKE THE DEFENDERS LOOSE THE BALL LIKE MANDZUKIC DID TO OUR DEFENSE, I WANT TO SEE THIS LINEUP;

BUFFON
BBC
ISLA POGBA PIRLO ASA PELUSO
MARCHISIO
VUCINIC

BUT FIRST WE NEED TO TRY WITH A SERIE A TEAM.
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:43 am

I don't understand why some of you are so hurt, I mean what were you expecting,?

even CELTIC players looked like monsters on their home, BAYERN had the same motivation, and JUVENTUS will do the same in their stadium,

I am not telling that JUVENTUS will win the game but I hope for 2-0,

you should not expect Champions League to be so easy challenge, this is not SERIE A, everyone do the impossible there to win,

EDITED:

“Playing the first leg away from home can be an advantage,” he added. “It is usually in the second leg that qualification is decided. It’s always better to be playing for that in front of your home fans.”

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:I don't understand why some of you are so hurt, I mean what were you expecting,?

even CELTIC players looked like monsters on their home, BAYERN had the same motivation, and JUVENTUS will do the same in their stadium,

I am not telling that JUVENTUS will win the game but I hope for 2-0,

you should not expect Champions League to be so easy challenge, this is not SERIE A, everyone do the impossible there to win,

EDITED:

“Playing the first leg away from home can be an advantage,” he added. “It is usually in the second leg that qualification is decided. It’s always better to be playing for that in front of your home fans.”

perfectly said Thumbs up
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 pm

What we should do is rest players against Pescara, any reasonable team we field should be able to dispatch them. Play Vidal, Licht, Matri, Quags and rest as many first teamers as we dare.

On the night, we should try and dictate play for the first 10-15 minutes then we go in for the goals. Hopefully we take a 1-0 lead at half time and press on from there.

My only concern is should we concede then it's realistically game over. We're not going to score 4 goals in 90 minutes. Probably not even in 120. Not unless we do what Bayern done to us and pressure them to no end. Because if you're 2 up and pressuring there's a fair chance the opposition will cave under the pressure. But I think any Bayern goal will spell the end of our campaign in Europe.

If we go out then it has to be with more of a fight than a whimper. We've done a good thing getting this far in our debut CL season. As long as we identify our weakness(es) and make appropriate transfers in the summer then this could potentially be a good thing.

But if we don't spend a fraction of what the likes of Bayern spend then we'll be in no place to match them year in, year out. I have always said I appreciate that the economy in Italy is in bad shape but we're close to making actual profits with our new stadium and CL exposure so making 1 or two 25M+ signings should not be out of the question.

Forza Juve.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Dont lose hope
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Bayern didn't played very good,they took advantage from our mistakes.
Our team was tired and wanted to play a slow game but Bayern put our defense in presure all the time...Their defense is weak and that's what we must do put them in pressure...rest our players in Serie A game and give everything against Bayern.
We don't have anything to lose! Forza Juve!

Buffon
Barz-Bon-Chiell
Cace-Pogb-Pirl-Marc-Asa
Gio/Quag-Vuci
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Some of these posts are funny to read. You would think it's the end of the world for Juve. Stop singling players out. There wasn't really anyone in the starting eleven that played well, so it makes no sense to name players that have otherwise been great for us this season.

For the next game, I still believe that Juve needs to run a 3-5-1-1 as was proposed earlier this week. I would start Pogba in Marchisio's usual LCM position and I would move Marchisio up to SS and start Vucinic. I would also start Asamoah at LWB. Our ability to maintain possession is what will be critical in the next game and those three players will help maintain possession.

Juve lost the battle in the central midfield and wasn't able to connect the midfield to the attack (which is why Pirlo had to resort to long ball passes). Therefore, I think we need to stretch our ballhandlers out on the pitch so that we can link up more of our attack. Also, if any movement did come from the wings, it was from the right side. Peluso was useless. I would rather have Asamoah out there. He will rediscover his form.

Also, let's be honest. When you match us up position by position to Bayern, they pretty much have us beat everywhere on the pitch. Hopefully, this will serve as a message to Juve's management that we are still missing critical pieces to be a force in Europe.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Since Juve fans here aren't rational enough to concede the reasons behind defeat understandably, I'll posy my broken record thoughts:

Before I start, Bayern were excellent and deserve 100% credit for winning.

Does this reflect on Juve? Absolutely not. For veteran Conte's Juve watchers, they will understand the point I attempt to make. If you play the same Catennacio gameplan that failed to produce anything substantial vs Lazio, Napoli and to an extent, Inter, then you will fail. Conte has been suspect of using this gameplan against opposition who will exploit their players weaknesses for being unable to play such a system. It will work v small to lower mid-table teams but never against top teams and Conte must realize this. When his teams play head on, wingbacks pressed high, Marchisio licensed back into the midfield instead of his sacrificial role. Pirlo? He will be as useful as Andrea Lazzari in such a role as playing him within this system is pure suicide as he will be marked out and frustrated to play a role to which he cannot. Only Vidal and Padoin can play such a role in the midfield and to an extent, Giaccherrini.

Conte has been suspect of being oversmart and it didn't help that his plan was shot to shit during the 1st minute goal. How would he recover? Bring back Plan A instead of sticking to such a system which will be dead if conceding an early goal. Conte, unfortunately for Juve, did not make the change. It was a pure cop out and something that has been blamed upon him many times this season and the last.

If he took the risk to play head on vs Bayern, it theoretically would have been a better game for Juve's side.

Also did not help you play two strikers who will NEVER perform beside each other, nor do they compliment each other. Pure arrogance and short-sightedness from Conte.
Its almost as if Conte tried to play in the antithesis of what works for Juve and what doesn't.

Fullbacks not counter-pressing to make it a deep line of 5-3-2, stripping them of their wingback role to crucially nullify Robbery. Play Marchisio & Pirlo in a frustratingly sacrifical role which strips MvP of all its ability and playing two strikers which compare Apples and oranges. He is brilliant beyond doubt, but his rookie mistakes and arrogance cost him.
-Why would you have your player sitting so deep inviting unnecessary pressure onto a back who isn't complimenting by natural wingbacks sitting deep as well?
-Why destroy Pirlo & Marchisio's role AND start them instead of players who are fit to perform the role far better than those two?
A game of risks gone wrong, and pure inexperience
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzail Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:29 pm

I am hurt because i did not see juventus play against bayern

we played twice and we had two chances

sad becasue we lost due to us not because bayern were better

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Unless we were tired from playing Inter, they are better than us, plain and simple, they are as good technically, and stronger physically. we played them, how inter played us, "we cant beat you so we'll hit you". really hope we step it up in the next leg.

Pirlo looked tired, maybe conte isnt as brilliant as we thought, maybe he just has pirlo playing EVERY *bleep* GAME. the man is 33, and has been playing football for almost two years straight with no break.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Fuzail wrote:I am hurt because i did not see juventus play against bayern

we played twice and we had two chances

sad becasue we lost due to us not because bayern were better

Bayern was much better don't make any mistake. We played poorly because Bayern played better and was better prepared.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Im sorry Devi but for me Quag wasnt the worst on the field. id put matri marchisio peluso and pirlo worse than quaqs. hell for the home tie i would start quagli vucinic....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:28 pm

Matri at least fought for the balls and won some duels, Quagliarella was invisible didn't even win a duel, lost all the balls and gave everything up.

Marchisio was trying his best to cover everywhere.

the main flop and biggest guilty person that we lost is Pirlo no1 else
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Pirlo was awful but like I've been discussing with Arq in the general section he's playing in a system that is the complete opposite of what he wants. He's literally being asked do a pure DM's job. He had no wing-backs to pass to, he's not allowed to keep the ball or dictate the play. Conte has Juventus playing too reserved in Europe. We need to stick with the pressure that worked for us last season and not letting teams with amazing attacks have the ball and playing attack vs defence.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:44 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Matri at least fought for the balls and won some duels, Quagliarella was invisible didn't even win a duel, lost all the balls and gave everything up.

Marchisio was trying his best to cover everywhere.

the main flop and biggest guilty person that we lost is Pirlo no1 else

Yeah.... that's just not true. I can think of three or four occasions when Quagliarella won a duel or dropped deep to press

Not that it matters, we're comparing SH*T with DIRT anyways

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 pm

LOL @ Luca! hahahahhahaa

its true, it doesnt matter anymore, whatever the reasons, i believe this game showed Conte's tactical weakness...
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Yesterday was the day where it really gave me a Del Piero/Nedved-esque feeling in Vidal.(If you know what i mean).

Please never leave us Arturo.I dont know if i'd be able to overcome the disappointment of his departure especially if it happens this or next summer.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Surag wrote:Yesterday was the day where it really gave me a Del Piero/Nedved-esque feeling in Vidal.(If you know what i mean).

Please never leave us Arturo.I dont know if i'd be able to overcome the disappointment of his departure especially if it happens this or next summer.

I have to agree. The only standout player was Vidal. Could it be that he was used to the opponent due to his history of playing in Germany? In any case, he's been the ultimate big game player for Juventus, in the Champions League Especially

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:46 pm

I think the reason Vidal was our best player is because our system in the CL (Which is horrible and ruins everything that made us the force we were last season) suits such a high-octane defensive midfielder.

If Conte wants to transform us into the ultimate catenaccio team then we'd better stop using Pirlo, recall Felipe Melo and swap Marchisio for De Jong ffs.

Absolutely NOT how we should be playing.

Vidal was the only player fitting of the Juventus shirt last night. Perhaps Chiellini too.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next