Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
Beautiful Football
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Totti: "Only Messi is better than me" - Page 2 Empty Re: Totti: "Only Messi is better than me"

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Meh, Ronaldinho's 3 years younger than Totti and he's levels below Totti at the moment. And when you're closer to 40 than 30 as a footballer that's a big deal.

Technically speaking there are very few players in the history of football who can do what Totti can do, also keeping in mind his footballing intelligence is up there with the best.

The likes of Totti and ADP will be sorely missed in serie A.

Sad

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Totti: "Only Messi is better than me" - Page 2 Empty Re: Totti: "Only Messi is better than me"

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Well for me, Ronaldo, Zidane and Dinho all at their best were better than Totti.

If you want to argue about how long peaks last and so on thats different, but Totti wasnt talking about that and neither will I.

He said "There is only one player who is doing things that I could never do and that is Messi."

Doing means in the present so im with him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Arguably better in the primes I agree, but yeah i'm talking about in the present and right now I would have Totti over Dinho any day of the week.

And yeah for being at the top level for so long, Totti takes the cake.

Many, many players fall off at 31-32 and upwards. Here's Totti at 36 doing things to other teams that should be considered illegal :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Im sorry for my missing knowledge but where are Ronaldo and Zidane playing right now?
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Can Totti score 60 goals a season. hmm

he can score 60 goals a second :coffee:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The veteran forward sees himself as one of the best ever, while he believes Mario Balotelli is not a phenomenon just yet
Roma legend Francesco Totti says only Barcelona star Lionel Messi is better than him in world football.

The 36-year-old, who has been linked with a return to the Italian national team following his fine form this season, has admitted that the Argentine forward is on another level, but is adamant that nobody else is a cut above him.

"There is only one player who is doing things that I could never do and that is Messi," Totti was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I do not think there is an Italian footballer who I would place above myself in a list, though. The numbers speak for themselves."

The experienced attacker then went on to praise Marcello Lippi, while he would love to work with Jose Mourinho at some point in the future.

He added: "For me, Lippi is the best coach I have ever worked with. He had such incredible charisma. But Fabio Capello and Luciano Spalletti are true greats as well.

"Who I would like to work with? Mourinho..."

Totti also had his say on AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli, and stressed that the former Manchester City attacker is not a phenomenon yet.

"I would say that he can become a phenomenon, but it all depends on his attitude and his behaviour. It's about the things you do outside the pitch, too."
Proud

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:10 pm

The Franchise wrote:
He said "There is only one player who is doing things that I could never do and that is Messi."

Yeah present day I agree with that, but I'm not sure why when I read it I thought he implied throughout his career... either way I was wrong
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Bergkamp > Totti

But...

I admire Totti very much and people underrate him because he didnt play for a top club.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:40 pm

In 26 appearances this season he has scored 11 goals and has 10 assist's,not bad for a 36 year old :coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Humble and respectful chap.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:43 am

I doubt Messi will still be dazzling spectators with GOAT displays when he's close to 40
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Never doubt Messi.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Never doubt HGH Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:41 pm

Messi is actually one of those players I totally expect to deliver until his 40s. He doesn't need much movement (even now he's only averaging 8 km per game) and while his acceleration to dribble past 3 players will deteriorate, his passing and vision as a playmaker won't. He'll probably decline to prime Riquelme levels when he's 36. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So everyone here thinks there was nothing Ronaldo, Zidane or Dinho could do that Totti could not?

"There is only one player who is doing things that I could never do and that is Messi,"

Doing things implies presently

Presently, Ronaldo and Zidane aren't playing and there is not much to envy about Ronaldinho at the moment (although he's still magical)

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well for me, Ronaldo, Zidane and Dinho all at their best were better than Totti.

If you want to argue about how long peaks last and so on thats different, but Totti wasnt talking about that and neither will I.

If Totti accepted Madrids offers years ago Im sure the whole world would see that he was no worse, but one will always be rated less with no CL glory I guess.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:42 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Zeal pls,

Marco Motta would pocket him on a bad day.

:bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Eivindo wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Well for me, Ronaldo, Zidane and Dinho all at their best were better than Totti.

If Totti accepted Madrids offers years ago Im sure the whole world would see that he was no worse, but one will always be rated less with no CL glory I guess.

Maybe to some thats it, but I dont hold Totti in any less regard because of what he hasnt won, thats not on him.

I just think Zidane was a little better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:29 pm

I think Zidane was probably better on the ball than Totti, but that's really about it for me and even that's a close call. Totti is no slouch when it comes to get past defenders, but it was never his forte like it was for Zidane then and Messi now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2