azzurres
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Giggslegend
26 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The ManUtd Transfer Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The ManUtd Transfer Thread

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:58 pm

2 signings down, one to go. Do you guys think we will sign more than the original 3 signings that been had said, with the retirement of Scholes and Hargreaves leaving which might of not been anticipated? I think we should stick to one more, and promote youth players if we lack anymore depth.

Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Sunderland have bid for Darron Gibson, John O'Shea & Wes Brown. I'd like to keep John O'shea just because he is o versatile. Wes Brown has been at the club since he was kid and his been very loyal, but I think he should take this chance, since he doesn't play regularly anymore.

EDIT: sorry for the triple post Embarassed
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Rumors has it that the only thing preventing United from signing Pato Rodriguez is the work permit.

azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:25 pm

We're bound to recoup some of the money we've just spent on Jones, he was intended to bought next summer, but LFC's strong interest meant we had to spend money on him and act fast to get him.

As for who will leave us and who I want to leave, i expect Wes Brown to go. Great servant for us for so many years, but with Jones here now, he is surplus to requirements and is best to go elsewhere to get playing time.

Gibson is an expected departure. Never was gonna be good enough for United as Scholes' replacement. With Ando here and Cleverley back, Gibson ain't really needed.

O'Shea. I think we are a bit bare in the FB department, especially with the twins succumbing to injuries throughout the season. We need O'shea's versatility and experience.

Yes
Yes
No.

We get a decent amount of money like 12 mill, we add 20 mill on that and get either Snijder or Modric.

Can't believe we are on the verge of losing, Neville, Scholes, VDS, Brown and O'shea in one season/summer. Damn. But our club has to move on.

Edit: @ azzurres, what a cracking little player that guy seems. first time I hear of his name. Amazing how many players we are linked with.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Just getting constant rumor feeds off of twitter that Jones has failed a medical. I think it's just rumors.

People saying that it has to do with a cruciate ligament injury he sustained in March perhaps. Just Twitter BS atm imo.

The signing hasn't been confirmed yet, so the trolls on Twitter are spreading rumors to entertain themselves.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Its gotten kind of interesting ...

If Hargreaves, Owen, Saha etc.. can pass a medical then I don't see why a 19 year old with no real history of injuries would fail it.

Plus, his medical finished at like 5 BST this rumor is like 5 bloody hours late....
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Oliver Kay from The Time has now rubbished the rumors on Twitter.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Principino Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:24 pm

sign nasri
Il Principino
Il Principino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:01 pm

The agent of our very own Tunnicliffe:

FootballAgentPM Peter Morrison
I'm hearing reports that Samir Nasri's representatives has indeed agreed a deal enabling him to join #mufc. I cannot confirm this though.

azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 pm

azzurres wrote:The agent of our very own Tunnicliffe:

FootballAgentPM Peter Morrison
I'm hearing reports that Samir Nasri's representatives has indeed agreed a deal enabling him to join #mufc. I cannot confirm this though.

I've been draining my phone battery by being on Twitter chcking up on these updates...and that rumor has startled me. Got everyone on Twitter going nuts.

I think it's just Twitter rumor atm imo. Just like the "Jones failed his medical" one last night.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:34 pm

We are starting to become heavily linked with Nasri.

Skysports.com understands Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri.

Speculation has intimated Nasri is on United's radar and skysports.com has now learnt he is the club's top target.

The talented French schemer's reluctance to engage in contract talks with Arsenal until he is satisfied their transfer targets are of the required standard to mount a title push next season has alerted Sir Alex Ferguson to his possible availability.

Despite being close to wrapping up a deal for Blackburn defender Phil Jones and Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea, amid widespread speculation Aston Villa's Ashley Young is also heading for Old Trafford, Ferguson's appetite for new signings has yet to be sated.

Nasri is seen as an ideal replacement for the retired Paul Scholes, with the centre of the field an area United's management are keen to revamp with fresh talent.

Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder has been linked but Nasri, with just a season left on his existing deal, could be a more realistic deal to finance.

Arsene Wenger would be loath to lose one of key men, especially given Nasri's exit would likely lead to other members of his squad questioning their own futures.

However, United are now ready to test Arsenal's resolve to keep a player who has previously intimated he would be open to the prospect of moving to Manchester.

Doubt Arsenal will ever sell him to us, but if the player forces it, and no other club comes in for him, then they will have no option but to sell him to us rather than lose him for free next summer.

the ball is Nasri's court. I would love for him to come.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:02 am

Ashley Young is officially a Red Devil. Signed a 4 year deal. According to The Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3629324/Ashley-Young-takes-Utd-spree-to-55m.html
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by in10se Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Tbh the potential ashley young signing doesn't do much for me in terms of excitement, he's a good enough player and I'm sure he will do ok, but I can't help feeling a lil bit underwhelmed for some reason.

Jones on the other hand....WOHOOOO!!!
in10se
in10se
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by in10se Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:16 pm

[/quote] Manchester United are reportedly closing on a deal for Independiente midfielder Pato Rodriguez.

Click Manchester claims the Argentine starlet is waiting on a work permit application to clear before signing a pre-contract agreement with Manchester United which will see the player move to the club on July 1st.

Little information is given about the player in reports, although the youngster scored three times in 27 appearances for his club last season.

Newspaper reports in the player's homeland claimed Independiente were not willing to let the player leave for less than €10 million, although they did not confirm that it was Manchester United who had made an approach over the player's availability.

Sir Alex Ferguson has shown this summer that he's looking to invest in youth at the club, with England U21 international Phil Jones and Spanish starlet David de Gea both close to joining Manchester United this summer.

The Old Trafford chief claimed back in May that he was only looking to make three signings at the club this summer, and Pato could potentially be the third player on the Manchester United list [/quote]

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/united-closing-on-argentine-starlets-signature-

Also, Bebe on his way to Besiktas on loan apparently...

Last edited by in10se on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
in10se
in10se
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:59 pm

If Nasri comes to us im on my way down to get the new jersey with his name on the back! I've always like him since he went to Arsenal!
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:39 pm

DavidVilla92 wrote:If Nasri comes to us im on my way down to get the new jersey with his name on the back! I've always like him since he went to Arsenal!

Why would someone neg rep you for that.

This whole reputation thing is quite frankly stupid, imo.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:12 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:
DavidVilla92 wrote:If Nasri comes to us im on my way down to get the new jersey with his name on the back! I've always like him since he went to Arsenal!

Why would someone neg rep you for that.

This whole reputation thing is quite frankly stupid, imo.

I know but Mclewis thinks it they way i post. Sure there was no disrespect in any way at all and if anything it was praise and yet i get negative feed back!
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Nothing wrong with the way you post, mate. And don't change for no one. Just too many sensitive people on this forum who neg rep just because their feelings got hurt.
----------------------------------------

Back on topic: Is this Rodriguez fella any good?

PS we are going mental with the transfers this summer and I'm loving every second of the rebuilding/improvements that our club is making.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 pm

whats this crap that the Mail is reporting that the Venkys are trying to block the transfer of Jones...piss off!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Nothing wrong with the way you post, mate. And don't change for no one. Just too many sensitive people on this forum who neg rep just because their feelings got hurt.

PS we are going mental with the transfers this summer and I'm loving every second of the rebuilding/improvements that our club is making.

Thanks dude! Smile

Ive never even heard of Rodriguez and i don't like going head first into such a player but i guess who was Chicharito before?

I love the transfer season this year, its so different from our dull 2 years previous, im nearly dreaming of Nasri in our shirt but i feel sorry for Arsenal fans being let down by yet another act of disloyalty.

Blackburn are pissing me off also with Jones, isn't there a sell clause that they must sell to the first club who offer the amount wanted?
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:41 am

If the Clause that Blackburn are talking about is true, which seems highly unlikly, because its so stupid, then we can be done for tapping up. affraid So a couple fines here and there but we might not get Jones in the end.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by in10se Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Nothing wrong with the way you post, mate. And don't change for no one. Just too many sensitive people on this forum who neg rep just because their feelings got hurt.

There's a few clips of rodriguez on youtube, he's like a midget ronaldo.... Looks pretty tasty. But its only youtube at the end of the day.

Our signings from the Americas usually turn out well. Forlan wasn't quite ready for epl, but he's turned out to be a class player. Possebon was starting to look real good before he broke his leg. Da silva twins...epic. And hernandez is boss.
in10se
in10se
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:16 pm

in10se wrote:

There's a few clips of rodriguez on youtube, he's like a midget ronaldo.... Looks pretty tasty. But its only youtube at the end of the day.

Our signings from the Americas usually turn out well. Forlan wasn't quite ready for epl, but he's turned out to be a class player. Possebon was starting to look real good before he broke his leg. Da silva twins...epic. And hernandez is boss.

Do you know a good video of him?

Ps. Guys i like how we have somewhat of a family to discuss footballing matters with compared to before, maybe we can expand our progresss Very Happy
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Here is a video of rodriguez. Hopefully our 'Chicha' of next season.

And also, a welcome to the United family to Phil Jones. He is officially a United player- confirmed by ManUnited.com.

Very Happy
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:11 pm

This Pato Rodriquez kid has got some nasty dribbling skills lol if Sanchez is barca bound he's not a bad consolation prize Very Happy
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilForLife Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 am

Rodriguez is very talented, just needs to make sure he doesn't waste it.

He could be a great buy.

And the 'Smalling-Jones' is looking amazing. Smile
RedDevilForLife
RedDevilForLife
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next