Conte: 'I'll try to be Juve's Sir Alex'

2 posters

Go down

Conte: 'I'll try to be Juve's Sir Alex' Empty Conte: 'I'll try to be Juve's Sir Alex'

Post by DeviAngel Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Antonio Conte threatened to leave Italy a few days ago, but this evening told Juventus fans he “will try” to become the Sir Alex Ferguson of Juventus.

The Coach was so irritated by controversy over his celebrations in Bologna that he said it made him feel like leaving Italian football for a job abroad.

Today Conte was in Catanzaro to receive an award and saw a large banner that read: ‘Ferguson-Manchester United = Conte-Juventus.’

“I will try,” he replied from the stage. “I will try to remain for all that time to achieve many victories and get closer to such an extraordinary and legendary personality as Sir Alex Ferguson.”

Fergie has been on the Manchester United bench since 1986, winning 12 Premier League titles, five FA Cups, four League Cups, 10 Community Shields, two Champions League trophies, one Cup Winners’ Cup, one UEFA Super Cup, one Intercontinental Cup and one Club World Cup.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte: 'I'll try to be Juve's Sir Alex' Empty Re: Conte: 'I'll try to be Juve's Sir Alex'

Post by Juventude Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Conte should have a clause inserted into his contract that makes him paid as one of the top five managers or something to that effect. He deserves to be paid as much for everything he has to put up with in Italy and for coaching Juventus. Conte is a loyal person, but I am willing to bet that guaranteeing him top money would keep him around.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Conte: 'I'll try to be Juve's Sir Alex' Empty Re: Conte: 'I'll try to be Juve's Sir Alex'

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Conte: I want to remain at Juventus for 10 to 15 years

The Bianconeri boss has dismissed suggestions that he could be on his way out of the club, and says he wants to emulate Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's success

Antonio Conte has insisted he has no plans to leave Juventus any time soon as he dreams of winning more silverware with the Serie A champions in the next 10 to 15 years.

The 43-year-old hinted at a move abroad at the weekend as he feels there is a lack of respect for Juve in Italy, but the successful coach has now made it clear that he is happy to remain at the Bianconeri for the foreseeable future.

"When my career at Juventus is over in 10 to 15 years, I might have the desire to move abroad. However, I hope that day is still far away," Conte was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"We won the Scudetto last year and want to repeat that success this term. And there's always the dream of winning the Champions League."

The former Italy international then went on to stress that he aims to become as successful with Juve as Sir Alex Ferguson has with Manchester United.

He added: "The comparisons with Ferguson are quite flattering. It would be amazing if I could emulate him and win as many trophies as him, and perhaps even more."
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum