PSg getting underestimated

+2
Arquitecto
sportsczy
6 posters

Go down

PSg getting underestimated Empty PSg getting underestimated

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:22 am

Has to do with the whole underestimation of Ligue 1. Not winning league by 20 pts = not an elite team lol.

Just to educate a few who are interested... other than PSG and to a much, much lesser extent with Lyon, none of the Ligue 1 teams have the squad depth to compete in 3 competitions. That's why you see some strange lineups and meh play in European competition by a lot of the teams.

Didn't help that the CL teams for France were PSG, Montpellier and Lille. Montpellier and Lille spent the summer selling their best players and are in huge transition.

It wasn't this way in the very recent past. You could usually count on Monaco, Lyon , OM and Bordeaux to have good and relatively deep squads. With the economic downturn, a lot of clubs are selling players earlier than they usually would.

Until some of the new stadiums are done, it's going to be a struggle. League revenue is not very good other than PSG and Lille.... stadiums are old and they don't make enough money per customer. Good news is that a lot of new stadiums are being built, so this should be very temporary.

That said... play withing league is fiercely competitive because that's what everyone focuses on. Also, Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 even produce a massive amount of talent. So each team has dangerous players. The managers are typically very good at being solid defensively too. Manager quality of overall very good. I put it on par with Serie A as having the best managers.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

PSg getting underestimated Empty Re: PSg getting underestimated

Post by Arquitecto Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 am

Its simple. Paris is underrated because the Ligue 1 on this forum is ridiculously underrated as a whole.

Forget PSG, I adore watching Marseille (more entertaining since Deschamps left), the tactically brilliant ASSE, Ajaccio, Lille, and anything Christian Gourcuff.

People think just because Lyon is failing to catch up with PSG means either:

1. PSG is in an easy league and winning due to Lyon & Marseille's failures

or

2. PSG with a new squad, manager and philosophy either blow the league apart fail.

Obviously football dynamics is not understood with the people who state those hominems.

The league's talent is spread thinly throughout the league which means that this isn't the Premiership where its top and mid-table teams...then complete and utter fodder. It means that each and every team of Ligue 1 bar Troyes(lol) is capable of some excellent football to dismantle the strongest of French teams. These are teams brimming with unearthed talent with some young and fantastically talented managers. The Ligue 1 as a whole post 2008 has quietly re-invented itself as the dark horse of Europe with innovation, fresh ideas of development and tactics. Its a wonderful sight to see and caused me to support the League along with La Liga.

Possibilities are endless post Euros with all the new stadiums being built along with the Ligue 1 movement coming into full fruition around 2017 in which it WILL be recognized as a top 4 if not top 2 league.

PSG's underestimation on this forum is a disgrace. The team is superior to Milan which caused Barca damage only to screw it up by circumstantial choices. Barca have caused me enough hurt in the past 2 years and with underdog PSG coming up against them, representing France, I will be behind them 100%.

Its better if Paris is underestimated.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:44 pm

its cause u guys suck
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Come back here when you're old enough to shave lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm just yanking your leg mate, it will be a good match. I expect Barca to go through but I think it's not a given and you guys will certainly be tougher than Milan- who gave us a run for our money.

If Barca go back to previous form I think it's possible QSG go through. Otherwise I can't see it happening, though it will be a good tie.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 am

PSG still has to prove. If they make Barca suffer they would get more respect .

Don't expect people to rate them that highly as it's just their first season at the top and also first CL for a while.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:51 am

football is about the players and the manager. You could take barca or real madrid teams and put them in cyprus and they'd still win.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 am

You have no idea what the Mexican media have been saying about PSG.

"Who has it easier RM or Barca?"

"Are Barca are the only cadidate in the CL."

"The French League has never had a CL contender."

Just :facepalm: @ the Mexican media.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:56 am

I think the underdog status really suits PSG.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum