How highly do you rate Riccardo Montolivo?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

How highly do you rate Riccardo Montolivo?

+9
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Vlad the Impaler
DeviAngel
Eivindo
Casciavit
Helmer
sportsczy
Red Alert
Kaladin
13 posters

Go down

How highly do you rate Riccardo Montolivo?  Empty How highly do you rate Riccardo Montolivo?

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:23 am

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of him. For me maybe between top 30-40 maybe even 50
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Riccardo Montolivo?  Empty Re: How highly do you rate Riccardo Montolivo?

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 am

Top 30-40 in the world or midfielder? hmm

He's a good solid player. He's having a great season for Milan. To suggest he's "world class" or "borderline world class" would be Serie A fans overhyping their players.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Riccardo Montolivo?  Empty Re: How highly do you rate Riccardo Montolivo?

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:10 am

Well he did outshine Pirlo against Juve and he did have a sensational game against Barcelona, shame he doesn't have a partner in midfield that is able to let him strut his stuff

Not saying he is world class, just that under different circumstances that idea might not be entirely out of thought
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 am

Supremely inconsistent, although he's been better his year. He's basically Pastore.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:10 am

first time i was impressed with him when i saw him playing against germnay in the last euro cup...
dont watch much of SERIE A games except some big ones, but i hav to agree he certainly misses the right circumstances to flourish to his potential

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 am

sportsczy wrote:Supremely inconsistent, although he's been better his year. He's basically Pastore.

I have to disagree, He's been very consistent this season, and there is no way he is like Pastore.

I think he is a top 15-20 CM.

He's not world class, but just a very good player imo.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:05 pm

How highly do you rate Riccardo Montolivo?  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLzVs6pg6AlqxffPabmW9cGoZmnG9J-gMFyju77_IXok9wMq6vmw

Pastore :facepalm:

Without Montolivo there would be ZERO talk of us qualifying for CL next season. He has been a crucial signing and there was little doubt he would improve our team. Consistent for Viola for years, and now for us. :coffee:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Yep pretty much agree with most of you, his only problem is consistency. Although he has been a bit consistent for us this year, not to mention we look absolutely toothless without him.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:50 pm

a good player nothing more. I never rated him to highly dunno why and I saw him as just a good sub in Juve even before signing for Milan.

I think he is not worthy of Milan as a club the Milan we know that can be sorry guys :/
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:03 pm

He is one of the world's greatest.He has that special something.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:08 pm

vladdy wrote:He is one of the world's greatest.He has that special something.

Don't even dare to compare him to the level of the great Livaja and the god Rochi !

bow to them :bow:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:17 pm

DeviAngel wrote:a good player nothing more. I never rated him to highly dunno why and I saw him as just a good sub in Juve even before signing for Milan.

I think he is not worthy of Milan as a club the Milan we know that can be sorry guys :/

With his amazing performances and the level of consistency he's maintained for us, the fans have already fallen in love with him. Hell, they gave him the captain's armband when we face Juve, and responded with a commanding display. Look i know he is no Pirlo, but saying he isn't worthy of the Milan shirt is kinda astounding, he has been playing the best football of his life. If anything he has earned his right to wear a Milan shirt
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:a good player nothing more. I never rated him to highly dunno why and I saw him as just a good sub in Juve even before signing for Milan.

With his amazing performances and the level of consistency he's maintained for us, the fans have already fallen in love with him. Hell, they gave him the captain's armband when we face Juve, and responded with a commanding display. Look i know he is no Pirlo, but saying he isn't worthy of the Milan shirt is kinda astounding, he has been playing the best football of his life. If anything he has earned his right to wear a Milan shirt

All I am saying compared to the status of Milan as club he ain't worthy. Milan deserve players like Kaka,Pirlo,Seedorf, Gatusso and so on.. I hope you get my point
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 pm

People in this thread are basing their opinion on the past, oh how i hate fixed opinions because people's ego is too big.

Players improve you know? he's been on of the most consistent midfielders in Europe this season its just a shame that he's the only midfielder Milan has who can pass the bloody ball.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People in this thread are basing their opinion on the past, oh how i hate fixed opinions because people's ego is too big.

Players improve you know? he's been on of the most consistent midfielders in Europe this season its just a shame that he's the only midfielder Milan has who can pass the bloody ball.

+1

Montolivo is a beast.

By the way, I like the fact that he is one of the best in the world when it comes about distance shooting.Dat accuracy :bow: .
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People in this thread are basing their opinion on the past, oh how i hate fixed opinions because people's ego is too big.

EXACTLY THIS!
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Played some superb long passes vs us. In the first leg, he played a super one to, I think Boateng..I cant remember, but a superb pass.

And I knew straight away who played that pass to Niang over Mascherano.

For sure, his play gave me a greater appriciation for him. I thought he had some trouble with our pressing, but so did everyone for Milan and thats rarely a individual issue.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Wouldn't say one of the best in the world, but he does have a mean shot
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:31 pm

He probably must have made a move to a big club sooner than he did.Showing his real quality in Milan.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:38 pm

What i like about him is to go with his passing range and technical ability he works extremely hard and is very good defensively constantly intercepting passes and winning the ball.

Its difficult to find players who can pass like that and defend too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What i like about him is to go with his passing range and technical ability he works extremely hard and is very good defensively constantly intercepting passes and winning the ball.

Its difficult to find players who can pass like that and defend too.

Don't you think that his style of play is almost similar to Carrick's? hmm
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:43 am

A million times this.

He's been exceptional this season, and in almost every game of the season he's been amongst the top three performers for our side, regularly being our man of the match.

Whilst one couldn't call him Serie A's best midfielder by any means, he stands as the most complete midfielder alongside Arturo Vidal. One of Montolivo's greatest virtues is his ability to influence the game at both ends, regularly recovering more balls than any other player in the team either through the tackle or moving up to intercept, whilst he runs in the team from the deep in attack. His positional sense, defensive strength, ability on the ball and vision have meant that he's succeeded for us in a three man midfield at the base or on the right hand channel, as well as in the pivot of a 4-2-3-1.

Vladdy's comparison to Carrick is a good one in terms of their balance as players and their qualities, though they are obviously required to perform slightly different roles based on the needs of their team's style. Both are under appreciated midfielders, and whilst I dislike giving absolute rankings, they are names that would not be out of place in any squad in the world, though there are obviously some midfields in which they would not start.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down