David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?)

+5
Lynx100
Cotes
BoBo
DeviAngel
LWL91
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who's the best Pirlo-vice as of this transfer window?

David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Vote_lcap62%David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Voting_bar 62% 
[ 8 ]
David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Vote_lcap38%David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Voting_bar 38% 
[ 5 ]
David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Vote_lcap0%David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Voting_bar 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Empty David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?)

Post by LWL91 Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Comments?
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Empty Re: David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?)

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:13 pm

IF we get Veratti he will be wasted on the bench, Pizzaro is what we need but not long term solution max 1 yr , Monto is good but he just cold and hot to much.

I pick Pizzaro after Pirlo he is one of the best CM's and could really hold 1st team status if we didn't had pirlo those 2 rotating is good and what we need until the marker doesn't offer better options (Ozil,Goetze etc.)

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?) Empty Re: David Pizzaro VS Riccardo Montolivo (vs Marco Verratti?)

Post by BoBo Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:46 pm

DeviAngel wrote:IF we get Veratti he will be wasted on the bench, Pizzaro is what we need but not long term solution max 1 yr , Monto is good but he just cold and hot to much.

I pick Pizzaro after Pirlo he is one of the best CM's and could really hold 1st team status if we didn't had pirlo those 2 rotating is good and what we need until the marker doesn't offer better options (Ozil,Goetze etc.)

We wont sign Gotze or Ozil thats just dreams Pizarro will have 3 wonderful years as a regista infront of him he is definitly my pick

But i want them all but thats just dreaming too
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:48 pm

BoBo wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:IF we get Veratti he will be wasted on the bench, Pizzaro is what we need but not long term solution max 1 yr , Monto is good but he just cold and hot to much.

We wont sign Gotze or Ozil thats just dreams Pizarro will have 3 wonderful years as a regista infront of him he is definitly my pick

But i want them all but thats just dreaming too

those were just examples what kind of players I meant
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Still any of those kind is a dream i think... Too much money for the Agnellis
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:53 pm

BoBo wrote:Still any of those kind is a dream i think... Too much money for the Agnellis

If we had the team fully build and missed 1 -2 players with the new stadium ? Its fully possible
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Montolivo would be the best right now!
Maybe loan out Verrati to get Serie A experience...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:00 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
BoBo wrote:Still any of those kind is a dream i think... Too much money for the Agnellis

If we had the team fully build and missed 1 -2 players with the new stadium ? Its fully possible

You might be right, im hoping for it like a little child is hoping for his favourite present
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:02 pm

BoBo wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

You might be right, im hoping for it like a little child is hoping for his favourite present

don't we all bro Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:59 am

DeviAngel wrote:I pick Pizzaro after Pirlo he is one of the best CM's and could really hold 1st team status if we didn't had pirlo those 2 rotating is good and what we need until the marker doesn't offer better options (Ozil,Goetze etc.)

Neither Ozil and Goetze are replacements for Pirlo - completely different roles. Its silly to compare.

Pirlo should be replaced with someone line Schweini but theres a popsicles chance in hell of that happening.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:09 am

I agree with devi's first comment. Pizarro is needed to help our scudetto push. I don't like Verratti. Seen him play a few times and just doesn't seem like he can cut it at a big team. As for monto. I'd be over the moon with him as well however Pizarro is more solid and consistent
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Pizaro is too old
Montolivo right age
Verratti to young, but I'd choose Monto
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Lynx100 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:I pick Pizzaro after Pirlo he is one of the best CM's and could really hold 1st team status if we didn't had pirlo those 2 rotating is good and what we need until the marker doesn't offer better options (Ozil,Goetze etc.)

Neither Ozil and Goetze are replacements for Pirlo - completely different roles. Its silly to compare.

Pirlo should be replaced with someone line Schweini but theres a popsicles chance in hell of that happening.

read the 2nd post I made after this why I named those players btw OZil can replace pirlo
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:29 am

Hold on - are you actually claiming Ozil is a Regista like Pirlo??

Ozil is an attacking midfielder. If anything, hes closer to being a true TQ.

He would be a great signing.. but not as a replacement for Pirlo.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:31 pm

All different players, especially in terms of technical characteristics and age.

Pizarro would only be a quick fix. But in all honesty, seeing as how you have Pirlo, I don't really understand the point of getting Pizarro for just one or two years MAX. He's also quite injury prone so you can't really rely on him. However, when he does play, he's fantastic.

Verratti is an excellent prospect and has been really gaining popularity on this forum as it seems lol. But his natural position is further up the pitch, as an attacking midfielder. With the way Juve is playing, I see him having a little difficulty getting settled in, let alone the fact that he would have to really fight for a first team spot. He's a good option for the future, but you guys would really have to be careful not to keep him on the bench too often (loaning him out to a lower level Serie A team for one or two seasons would be good).

Montolivo is kind of in between the other two. He has a good number of years ahead of him unlike Pizarro, and has the experience to be thrown into the mix right away. He also has the advantage of being quite versatile and could fit in quite easily imo. He wouldn't necessarily have to be a sub, as I could see him fighting for a first team spot.

It all depends on what your ambitions are and what kind of role you want the new player to fill. If you want to fight for titles right away, Montolivo would be the best option. If you're willing to look a little more long term, then Verratti is the man to get, especially since he's going to be a great player. If you want an easy buy, Pizarro obviously.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:41 am

Montolivo is kind of in between the other two. He has a good number of years ahead of him unlike Pizarro, and has the experience to be thrown into the mix right away. He also has the advantage of being quite versatile and could fit in quite easily imo. He wouldn't necessarily have to be a sub, as I could see him fighting for a first team spot.

Montolivo is meh

He would be 4th in line for CM after Pirlo, March and Vidal. I dont see him bumping any of them. Those 3 play their own distinct roles much better than him. I dont see Monto anymore than those guys in any aspect of the CM game. He would be a sub/back-up starter.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 am

Lynx100 wrote:

Montolivo is meh

He would be 4th in line for CM after Pirlo, March and Vidal. I dont see him bumping any of them. Those 3 play their own distinct roles much better than him. I dont see Monto anymore than those guys in any aspect of the CM game. He would be a sub/back-up starter.

Sure, but he could replace either of those three quite easily. And with Juve going into European competition next season, he'll see a lot of playing time being 4th in line. Pizarro on the other hand would only be able to replace Pirlo... I don't personally see both Pizarro and Pirlo playing together.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.galliani Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:39 am

David Pizzaro -
Competent, safe, will accept a bench role.

Riccardo Montolivo -
Will ask for more money, not accept a bench role, capable to fit into starting XI with little loss of quality.

Marco Verratti -
Would be as useful as Marrone...
mr.galliani
mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 am

Sure, but he could replace either of those three quite easily. And with Juve going into European competition next season, he'll see a lot of playing time being 4th in line. Pizarro on the other hand would only be able to replace Pirlo... I don't personally see both Pizarro and Pirlo playing together.

Montolivo doesnt have the technical quality to replace Marchisio, he doesnt have the energy, drive and lungs of Vidal and he doesnt have the creative genius of Pirlo.

Montolivo could come and he could sub-on/replace one of them if they needed to rest, but it would lessen the quality of our midfield without doubt.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Mike if you didn't notice, Verratti has been playing more of Regista Role over Togni in the regista role
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:25 am

Lynx100 wrote:

Montolivo doesnt have the technical quality to replace Marchisio, he doesnt have the energy, drive and lungs of Vidal and he doesnt have the creative genius of Pirlo.

Montolivo could come and he could sub-on/replace one of them if they needed to rest, but it would lessen the quality of our midfield without doubt.

Well it's easy to say he's weaker at one thing than any other given player. Montolivo's passing skills are not as good as Pizarro's, but does that make him a worse player overall? No. He offers something different compared to the midfielders you have. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should be your main target, but you can't dismiss him just by comparing him to the strengths of the other players you mentioned. Would he lessen the overall quality of your midfield when replacing another player? Yea I would think so, but he's 4th choice so that's only logical. As for what I said earlier, I'll stick by it, I think he could fit in without any major issues, but that doesn't mean that he's the best option.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:52 am

Yes montolivo is a worse overall player than Pizarro.

Sure he might offer something different. Something lesser than Marchisio and Vidal in all aspects. He has more defensive qualities than Pirlo and thats the only wsy he will be useful. That and as a sub for one of the three.

And no, he's not the best option. But yes, he will do as a 5th choice. Id play Marrone over him.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:30 am

Lynx100 wrote:Yes montolivo is a worse overall player than Pizarro.

Sure he might offer something different. Something lesser than Marchisio and Vidal in all aspects. He has more defensive qualities than Pirlo and thats the only wsy he will be useful. That and as a sub for one of the three.

And no, he's not the best option. But yes, he will do as a 5th choice. Id play Marrone over him.

So you're saying that every single one of Vidal and Marchisio's traits are better than those of Montolivo. I find that extremely hard to believe. And my point was not to compare Pizarro and Montolivo, it was just to apply your logic to the situation...

And if you would buy Montolivo but use Marrone over him, thus making him 5th choice, then... well that would make no sense lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:33 am

ErPupone wrote:

So you're saying that every single one of Vidal and Marchisio's traits are better than those of Montolivo. I find that extremely hard to believe. And my point was not to compare Pizarro and Montolivo, it was just to apply your logic to the situation...

And if you would buy Montolivo but use Marrone over him, thus making him 5th choice, then... well that would make no sense lol.

Well, maybe I fail to see it then - so please explain to me how any Montolivos traits are better than those of Marchisio or Vidal?

I wouldnt buy Montolivo. thats the point. But IF I were the coach, and Marotta bought him even though i didnt ask for him, hed be after Marrone in the pecking order for me. But thats just my humble opinion
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:46 am

Lynx100 wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Well, maybe I fail to see it then - so please explain to me how any Montolivos traits are better than those of Marchisio or Vidal?

I wouldnt buy Montolivo. thats the point. But IF I were the coach, and Marotta bought him even though i didnt ask for him, hed be after Marrone in the pecking order for me. But thats just my humble opinion

Well first of all, Montolivo naturally plays a different role than Marchisio and Vidal, so it's only natural that he has different characteristics. His playmaking skills (passing, creativity) are better than Marchisio's for example. Am I saying that makes him better overall? No I'm not. But from your previous post it seemed like you said that every single one of Marchisio's traits are better, which is obviously untrue.

Your point is that you wouldn't buy Montolivo, which is perfectly fine. But in your post, you dismissed Montolivo in an unfair comparison (or at least it was unfair in my eyes).

Putting myself in the shoes of a Juve fan, would I be upset if Montolivo joined the team? How could I be? The team would be getting one of Italy's starting midfielders for free. He wouldn't lessen the quality of the team, he would provide more depth and is definitely a good enough player to fight for his spot. Of course, I say this while taking into consideration how he plays when he's at his best, and not really focusing on this season with Fiorentina since he's been extremely unmotivated and with reason.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next