Cotes
Adrian0911
DeviAngel
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Line-ups: Roma-Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: Line-ups: Roma-Juventus

Post by Cassius Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Marchino28 wrote:Sorry i didn't realise that Marchisio was suspended, I now understand not resting Pirlo. But as Adrian0911 said, if Juve play like this against Napoli after that second leg against Celtic, GOODBYE! And Napoli could overtake us that game which I can't think about.

Could it be possible that a youth team player can make more impact than Giovinco, if so make the change. I cannot bare to watch this little stooge continuously ruining Juve's attacks and yet Juve always seem to go through him for their attack. I mean any of us could do better than what he did today which was, receive the ball and run it straight out of play!

Pepe, couldn't come back to this team sooner.

One last thing, I like Lichtsteiner, but is it just me, now tell me if u think different, but In my opinion his crossing and decision making when crossing the ball is poor, Opinions?

Agreed.

Noticed it so many times over so many games, his crossing and decision making isnt as bad as say Krasic by any means but too many times he gets into so much space on the right side of the opponents box and runs FURTHER out wide!! It kills me when i see it lol. Id rather him burst into the box and flash a shot/cross at/across the goal then run further out and spray a weak aimless ball into the other teams defenders..

Asamoah is much more competent in his crossing and vision when it comes to putting the ball into the box. That being said, licht isnt that bad, some of its 50-50 with him. sometimes he'll steam down the right side and whip in a tasty cross or sometimes he'll jog to the byline and tap a weak effort across the box.

Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:25 pm

I love licht's ball control and he moves like striker in the oppositions box
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Also have to agree on getting rid of scrubs like Padoin. Its not asif he does anything bad. its just he doesnt do anything at all.

Pepe cannot come back sooner.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Line-ups: Roma-Juventus - Page 2 47006_491202750936116_1957996959_n

May have affected his performance today partly due to this.Looked fatigued too anyways.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Line-ups: Roma-Juventus - Page 2 16527_519548881420691_1992080159_n

this needs explanation
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:01 pm

it was nasty, dont think there was any malice but like i said before, seen reds given for attacks like that. any other stadium and he'd be off imo.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchino28 Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Conte said that he asked all the players, who is too tired and not up to playing against Roma this week, and he said no players said they were too tired so he didn't rest anyone?! FTW, what an idiot, they're not gonna admit it because they wanna play and give there all for Juve, but as the coach he should make the changes based on what he sees. You don't just ask the player, they should have asked Del Piero, you wanna play next season im sure he would have said yes, then we wouldn't have to put up with Giovinco!
Marchino28
Marchino28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Marchino28 wrote:Conte said that he asked all the players, who is too tired and not up to playing against Roma this week, and he said no players said they were too tired so he didn't rest anyone?! FTW, what an idiot, they're not gonna admit it because they wanna play and give there all for Juve, but as the coach he should make the changes based on what he sees. You don't just ask the player, they should have asked Del Piero, you wanna play next season im sure he would have said yes, then we wouldn't have to put up with Giovinco!

calm down you are calling idiot the man who brought us back the tittle, made us contender, who made us first again and who is responsible for going so far in ucl
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchino28 Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:16 pm

I understand that his a Legend i love the guy, but you can't say that, the reason why we are where we are is because of how great a coach he is and his decision making, so why base your starting eleven on what they players answered when you ask if they're tired! He is the main man what he says goes, and more times then not when his ruthless in his decision making it makes Juve better.
Marchino28
Marchino28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchino28 Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:18 pm

All im saying is that, you don't always listen to what the players say, many time even in final games teams leave out players that aren't 100 percent fit, because it's better for the team.
Marchino28
Marchino28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:15 am

I am starting to believe that this team is not ready for 3 competitions yet.

I wont blame the schedule but every time we're coming back off important wins in the CL ,we happen to lose.Lost against Milan after the 3-0 rout of Chelsea,lost today after that important win vs Celtic.Milan and Roma are tough teams but i dont think you can have any excuses here.The lack of quality forwards to bail us out in such situations is showing too.

I know many of you would want to ideally see a mauling against Celtic considering their classless antics off the pitch,but i wouldnt see too much into that and will rest most the team's starters(atleast 5-6 of them) for the all important clash against Napoli that comes in the same week.

And to be clear,i'd rather win something than making a deep CL run.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchino28 Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:53 am

Surag wrote:I am starting to believe that this team is not ready for 3 competitions yet.

I wont blame the schedule but every time we're coming back off important wins in the CL ,we happen to lose.Lost against Milan after the 3-0 rout of Chelsea,lost today after that important win vs Celtic.Milan and Roma are tough teams but i dont think you can have any excuses here.The lack of quality forwards to bail us out in such situations is showing too.

I know many of you would want to ideally see a mauling against Celtic considering their classless antics off the pitch,but i wouldnt see too much into that and will rest most the team's starters(atleast 5-6 of them) for the all important clash against Napoli that comes in the same week.

And to be clear,i'd rather win something than making a deep CL run.

I'm in 100 percent agreement!
Marchino28
Marchino28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:52 am

The problem is in an attacking sense our depth sucks. Yeah you can say Padoin is solid etc etc but the way I see it, our depth is only useful when we're in the lead.

Whole team looked lathargic and sucked big time. Apart from Buffon and Licht in a defensive sense.

Performance was horrendous, although I expected it to be.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 am

I think the problem is the 3-5-2
It requires such an industrious midfield and you cannot simply drop Marchisio for Pogba and expect it to run seamlessly

Asamoah didn't have the impact everyone expected, for obvious reasons
Lichtsteiner was clearly fatigued, Pirlo and Vidal were in the same position

If you don't have the depth to replace 4-5 players in the 3-5-2 then why not go with something different? Why not begin with the 4-3-3 that the team ended up in?

In the end I'm just thinking aloud but I question the logic
Very tough schedule, Fiorentina before an away champions league game and then an a trip to Rome. 2 wins, 1 goal conceded in those three games isn't bad when you look at it on paper

All this talk about Juventus not having the squad for three competitions is nonsense in my opinion
What team seamlessly walks through three competitions unscathed? It's not possible or at least not very likely, sh*t happens

Leading the league, in a place for comfortable progression in the CL and made it to the semi-final of the Coppa Italia, it's really not that bad of a return

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 am

Luca wrote:All this talk about Juventus not having the squad for three competitions is nonsense in my opinion
What team seamlessly walks through three competitions unscathed? It's not possible or at least not very likely, sh*t happens

Leading the league, in a place for comfortable progression in the CL and made it to the semi-final of the Coppa Italia, it's really not that bad of a return

I believe this is the first time post Calciopoli that we've made this far in 3 competitions ,i mean in the Scudetto race and close to sealing a QF berth in the CL.I think mentally it would've taken a toll on the players too since many of them havent been used to this for a while.Conte himself says that his team is mentally drained as well.

Ofcourse there would be obstacles along your way when you're competing for titles ,i'm not denying that but its not like the season has ended either and it draws up concerns seeing the general incompetence among the forwards ,anyone would agree that they're terribly inconsistent.When your midfield isnt functioning well/or fatigued in the case you expect your forwards to bail you out in situations such as this and we simply lack that type of quality upfront.

Dint mean to say we 'dont have the squad for 3 comps' more like we arent ready yet to handle 3 comps every season.This is the first season we've been competing in 3 competitions in a while ,so with experience and a substantial reinforcement of quality especially in attack ,we can aim for greater things.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:37 am

Ok, in that case I agree. It is definitely an adjustment this season but I think they're coping well, although the team will always be judged in results so we'll have to re-visit this topic in a few months when it's all said and done.

With that being said, the squad does need some work, it's incomplete. The team really has to work for victories because they don't have a world class attack that can win games on its own. The importance of the three in the middle cannot be stressed and unfortunately it's impossible for them to maintain their highest level each and every night, especially when you have such a compressed, tough schedule as they currently do.

I expect a bounce back performance in their next game, it's required

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 am

does anyone else think le sulk did quite well coming on? he was tracking back, running at defense spraying passes all that was lacking was a goal i really hope he will start vs celtic
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchino28 Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:59 am

marottalad wrote:does anyone else think le sulk did quite well coming on? he was tracking back, running at defense spraying passes all that was lacking was a goal i really hope he will start vs celtic

Agreed, his passing especially impressed me, but I don't think he'll be good playing on the left wing. I think he needs to play SS or RF
Marchino28
Marchino28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 pm

We need a young player who can run as much or close to as Marchisio. Pogba is a Pirlo type player so I think we should either bring back Giandonato or buy poli/obiang
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:42 pm

And we should have brought on Marrone. For some reason Conte isn't playing him as much as he should
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:18 pm

As poor as we were, Roma could have had 2 Red cards. I like a more physical game so i'm fine with DDR not being sent off. But what Totti done to Pirlo was never a tackle. The ball was nowhere near there and he could have injured him severely. What annoys me is not the result but the fact Totti should have been sent off 100%. Of course he goes on to win Roma the game.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:32 pm

marottalad wrote:does anyone else think le sulk did quite well coming on? he was tracking back, running at defense spraying passes all that was lacking was a goal i really hope he will start vs celtic

He seemed very eager, it was a positive substitution. Unlike Giovinco who was quite disastrous every time he saw the ball

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Giovinco is another Micolli/Di Natale nothing else infact they are way better than him.
Anelka impressed with hsi speed for 33 yrs old and his passing and skill
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm sick of Giovinco, he gives me no confidence. I'm not lying when I say every time we bring him on when we need a goal I fear the worst. And normally i'm right. Get him the fk out of Juventus.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:12 am

TomJuve wrote:I'm sick of Giovinco, he gives me no confidence. I'm not lying when I say every time we bring him on when we need a goal I fear the worst. And normally i'm right. Get him the fk out of Juventus.

Yep, you're right, giovinco is trying to play like the mighty ADP.
And Roma had a really "compressed" defense like Inter did last season when they had the chance to equal 1-1 the mighty ADP made the space and scored. 2-0 for juve :bow:
Anelka's pass to gio reminded me of that game when ADP scored.
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Line-ups: Roma-Juventus - Page 2 I2ovdWNFIF9Pq

:facepalm:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin