DeletedUser#1
Helmer
Art Morte
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool v Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Swansea

Post by Fahim89 Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Fahim89 wrote:We will win this by a country mile . . .I promise you lot that!!!! The rest we would see!!! cheers

Liverpool v Swansea - Page 2 Told-ya

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:55 pm

That is a brilliant performance, clinical and decisive.
Sure enough Laudrupd had rather oddly decided to rest his key players for the League Cup final which is a full week away, but this is exactly what we needed.

A fine prelude for that game against Zenit, hopefully we can carry some of tonight's finishing into that game.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Poor poor Borini. This whole performance was just ruined by that injury. He's so unlucky.

A dislocated shoulder is usually 2-3 weeks recovery time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Not going to read to much into this game. Yes we played awesome which is a great sign but the team fielded was a joke in all honesty, they came here to fulfill their obligation to field a team in the PL. If we can play like this against bottom teams then we can surely turn them frustrating performances into wins. It was also awesome that we had 5 different goal scorers, props to stevie for giving daniel that penalty will help him continue his confidence run.

Last i checked we had over 35 chances on goal, thats just crazy.

Should of won 7-8 nil.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:03 pm

yes fahim, i remembered ur post after 4th goal Smile
exactly this is what we needed before Zenit game, with confidence flying high!!! coutinho, lad had a dream start to his LFC career...finally suarez got a goal after 3 games, gerrard :bow: offering penalty to sturridge

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:06 pm

I thought Suarez should've taken the second penalty to go level with RVP in the scoring charts in PL. Would love for him to win the Golden Boot in PL.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:08 pm

yeah messiah good point, suarez winning golden boot will be an advantage, then we can play emotional games with him to keep him at anfield Twisted Evil

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Exactly Thumbs up

I'm so disappointed for Borini. Now we only have Suarez for Zenit game all by his lonesome self. Sterling won't do jack shite like always and Downing will go hiding when there aren't more bodies up front.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:28 pm

borini poor guy, i hope he will come back asap, he is really having a difficult time.
talking about zenit game now, takes away the good feel of 5-0. Anyways, on thursday it will all depend on how early we can get our first goal, like in first 20-30 min. If that happens, we are surely through provided we avoid the usual crucial mistakes! !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:32 pm

Now now now now now ! ! ! ! DON'T ANYONE OF YOU DARE TAKE AWAY THE GOOD FEEL OF THIS GAME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let this be a celebration thread ! ! (and maybe one or two little Lambert jokes)
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:35 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Not going to read to much into this game. Yes we played awesome which is a great sign but the team fielded was a joke in all honesty, they came here to fulfill their obligation to field a team in the PL. If we can play like this against bottom teams then we can surely turn them frustrating performances into wins. It was also awesome that we had 5 different goal scorers, props to stevie for giving daniel that penalty will help him continue his confidence run.

Last i checked we had over 35 chances on goal, thats just crazy.

Should of won 7-8 nil.

I agree that we got an easy ride in terms of their team selection, but it's still an important win for our confidence and couldn't have come at a better time considering that we will need plenty of goals against Zenit.

Last edited by Art Morte on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Now now now now now ! ! ! ! DON'T ANYONE OF YOU DARE TAKE AWAY THE GOOD FEEL OF THIS GAME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let this be a celebration thread ! ! (and maybe one or two little Lambert jokes)

lambert jokes rofl that guy is so damnnnn ...playing conspiracy against liverpool, taking 3-1 lead at everton and then giving it away, i hate him!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Liverpool forward Fabio Borini ruled out for the rest of the season with a shoulder injury.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Bad luck Fabio.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Literally,the PERFECT game. Perfection can be used to described the whole team in this scintillating display of football we put out.

It was great to see Gerrard score right in front of the Kop where he just failed to do so last Monday. The 2nd goal was a testament to Coutinho's two footed Samba dribble followed by a lethal shot in where Vorm couldn't stop it due to its power. Like Borini, it was excellent to see Cou score in his Anfield debut. The third goal was the epitome of the style Rodger's can bring to the table for us. It was the best play that I have seen from us in over 3 years. The wonderful backheel from Jose followed by the pass from Sturridge back onto Jose who with a wonderful right footed toe poke, slotted it over Vorm. The 4th brought even more happiness in seeing Suarez end his 3 game drought in desperation to score with a brilliantly composed goal outwitting the whole Swansea defence followed by the left footed curler. 5th goal even better since you could see a pouting Sturridge want his deserved goal while Gerrard was classy enough to provide it for him. He didn't disappoint.

End was marred by when I saw Borini shouting in pain (to which I admittedly laughed at through his high pitched shrills) in seeing that our very unlucky youngster has suffered a dislocated shoulder.

This game showed us the meaning of the "Sturridge Effect". Which essentially means that his raw pace, direction and direct link up provides us so much more lethality in front of goal along with the final third. He was absolutely brilliant.

This may sound negative, but Swansea fielded a CONSERABLY weakened side with more than 4 starters out as we cannot take much from this match sadly. Not only the side was weakened but they tactically looked unprepared, unmotivated and didn't seem to have a worlds care against our goals. Obviously, they had their mind on the COC final on sunday.

Nonetheless its good to see us finally garner a win after 3 games and win in style. Fantastic to watch today.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:12 pm

This may sound negative, but Swansea fielded a CONSERABLY weakened side with more than 4 starters out as we cannot take much from this match sadly. Not only the side was weakened but they tactically looked unprepared, unmotivated and didn't seem to have a worlds care against our goals. Obviously, they had their mind on the COC final on sunday.

That's right, but that would only be a downer had we managed to scrape a narrow victory over this weakened Swansea side. We scored a plenty and Howard Webb himself granted us two penalties Surprised

I'd say it was a very positive and gives us a real lift going into that Zenit tie and after that there'll be a bit of a break anyway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Art Morte wrote:That's right, but that would only be a downer had we managed to scrape a narrow victory over this weakened Swansea side. We scored a plenty and Howard Webb himself granted us two penalties Surprised

I'd say it was a very positive and gives us a real lift going into that Zenit tie and after that there'll be a bit of a break anyway.

Thank you GOD!!!! FINALLY I SEE SOME RAY OF LIGHT ! ! MY FRIEND HAS SAID THE WISE WORDS!!!!!! Chaka

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Surprisingly Webb has granted us 3 of our 4 penalties this season :bow: I always thought he was a good ref when Yanited weren't involved.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:

That's right, but that would only be a downer had we managed to scrape a narrow victory over this weakened Swansea side. We scored a plenty and Howard Webb himself granted us two penalties Surprised

It was just that Swansea were tactically so poor and didn't seem to prepare for this match at all. The manager and player attitude along with their efforts to get back in the game had made it look like the Chelsea win last season at Anfield, which ultimately, did not have much effect on Chelsea since they had bigger things to think about.

I don't see us salvaging the Zenit tie. Anfield is hardly a home advantage judging by our record and atmosphere while the lack of Sturridge and any striker will likely get us back to the same, indirect tippy tappy team with no end product.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 pm

If we go with one of these line-ups I can possible see us taking the tie all the way to the end. Possibly pens.

Reina
Wisdom - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
Gerrard - Lucas
Downing - Hendo - Johnson
Suarez

or

Reina
Skrtel - Carra - Agger
Downing - Gerrard - Lucas - Johnson
Hendo
Suarez --- Enrique

We MUST start both Agger and Skrtel because they provide a goalscoring threat from set pieces, something that Carra doesn't. Sterling should NOT be anywhere on the pitch from the start. We might need his pace by the end of the game though. No Allen or Shelvey either. We need SUSO and Coates to be ready on the bench to come on any second as well. If we go with 3-5-2 formation I would love for Coates to start as well to add even a bigger threat from set pieces.

If we don't go with one of these formations, our chances are slim. We'll put everything on Suarez's shoulders and hope for the best which as we all know back-fires more than not.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 am

Forget Sahin's build-up goal against West Brom, forget Gerrard's strike against Norwich and you can even forget Suarez' brilliance against Newcastle, that Enrique goal is Liverpool's goal of the season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:02 pm

ynwa wrote:Forget Sahin's build-up goal against West Brom, forget Gerrard's strike against Norwich and you can even forget Suarez' brilliance against Newcastle, that Enrique goal is Liverpool's goal of the season.

must agree with you, that enrique's goal was delight to watch, playing such a wonderful team football. That is what I am waiting for under BR's era, to have such more n more goals. If we really build up goals like this, we dont need to rely on individual brilliance now and then (like if someone is having an off day). Although that goal was an end product of intilligent movement by each player involved and far less pressure from swansea players. When the build up started, it was difficult to guess who will be at the end of it till it actually came. :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 am

The blotch of the game was Sturridge. How many sitters did he miss! Three!! Four!!!

For once we had luck on our side (or could take benefit for most of our efforts). Swans gave us few scares in some other game, we may have ended 1-2, 2-2 or at best 2-1.

And yes, Web rocks (he must have been out of his mind).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2