Arsenal will win nothing with Kroenke (An American view)

2 posters

Go down

Arsenal will win nothing with Kroenke (An American view) Empty Arsenal will win nothing with Kroenke (An American view)

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm

An American’s view of Stan Kroenke by Jeff

As a diehard fan of another team that Silent Stan owns (The Colorado Avalanche) know that I feel the same pain you do. I have been following the Arsenal story since he became the majority shareholder and it’s nothing but unfortunate for all of you wonderful fans – and unfortunately not all that surprising to me.

The Avalanche won the Stanley Cup in 2001 when Kroenke owned the team, but it was with players that were there long before Kroenke was the owner. Since then, the team has consistently gone downhill and is one of the lowest-spending teams in the league year in and year out, and traded away many of their top players. Because he owns the St. Louis Rams he has since given control of the Avalanche to his son Josh Kroenke, who is just as bad. Just last year Josh Kroenke remarked that Avalanche fans were “spoiled” when the team was moved to Colorado in 1995. Strange choice of words coming from a little boy who was given two sports teams (he is also in charge of the Denver Nuggets now) by his daddy. I sincerely hope that he does not gain control of your stadium as well, as he has done here in Colorado. The ticket prices at the Pepsi Center (Avalanche and Nuggets arena) are overpriced and the atmosphere at the games is dreadful. He also owns the television station that broadcasts both teams’ games, and the broadcasters are basically forbidden from saying anything critical of the teams.

If you ask me, Stan Kroenke is the absolute worst owner in all of sports and I wish for nothing more than him to sell the teams he owns to people who are actually passionate about sports. It saddens me to see Arsenal going the route of my dear Avalanche and I wish that Kroenke would retire to his ranch instead of taking out what I can only guess is his apparent disdain for sports and being picked last for everything in school on sports fans by purchasing teams and running them into the ground.

justarsenal.com/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal will win nothing with Kroenke (An American view) Empty Re: Arsenal will win nothing with Kroenke (An American view)

Post by Sri Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Arsenal will win nothing with Kroenke (An American view) Apples-and-oranges

'Cuz its all the same. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down