RedOranje
Onyx
54 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

FIFA 13 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA 13 Thread

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Swagg wrote:
McLewis wrote:I don't have much of a problem with pressing honestly. I find that if you don't control the player closest to the ball and you let the CPU do most of the work there...they are usually much better defenders than me, especially with a backline like Juventus or United or Madrid.

I usually just control a player closer to the runners and I try to anticipate who's going to get the pass. I've cut out a lot of good plays that way. Conversely, I've conceded a host of goals by trying to defend with the man closest to the ball since I'm just not very good with timing my tackles.

If you play off the ball and let the CPU do the work then they just contain, they don't go and get the ball... Anyways I like to do the work myself, I don't rely on the CPU for shit smoking

It's a balancing act. Some of the defending I do myself, the rest I let the CPU do with a bit of help from the button that allow you to have a 2nd player press along with the one you are controlling (button Y on Xbox I think?).

If you're facing a player that likes time on the ball...that type of pressure can stifle them and force mistakes. The danger though is if you play someone who is smart enough to exploit the pockets of space left by your places who are pressuring, then their counters are going to shred you up..

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:09 am

September Mole Laughing

I agree about Lewis and the defending. Its not only more fun, but its just better to defend off the ball at certain points. I defend on the ball in wide areas and in midfield, but I enjoy and I think its worthwhile using a holding midfielder to read the pass and move in, or use a defender to cut off the pass. I do find it tricky though with the cursour change, I need to fix the control settings correctly.

But the game itself, there are so many thngs I dont like. But I will just say a few main things.

1. Goals.

Like Ganso said, they are all so similar, it has sucked the fun out of it. You know before hand what kind of goal your probably going to score. I know PES sucks apperently, but I play it, and while it has serious issue of its own, the goals are FAR better because there is so much more unpredictability about them. The goals actually surprise you.

2. Player models.

This is more a personal visual one. But I play NBA2K games and I now play PES a bit, the faces and visuals in those games are so much better its a joke. In NBA you can make the claim, well there are only 250-300 players so its less work, which is fair. But PES has so many more faces done accurately while the pitch, the players, basically everything im looking at is better.

3. Tactics.

Who came up with the idea of custom formations? Its so long and tedious its untrue. I just want to move my player here quickly, give him a role and let him do the role.

Then more importantly, the way players move on the pitch can make no sense whatsoever. The movement I dont know where to begin, they just dont do what I intended too often.

4. The gameplay itself.

Because they kept it the same as last year and then added the first touch thing, not only is it boring quickly, its frustrating. Is there anything for annoying then the CPU just cutting back and forth in the same position for 5 seconds seemingly immortal to physical pressure? The passing, the dribbling...its tired me out, its just not fun. Needs changing.

5. Scripted

Dont care how much they deny it, its obvious. Winning 1-0 with 10 minutes left? The pressing from the CPU is unreal. They press with twice the energy they had in the first 10 minutes, where they sit back and do nothing most of the time. Pass the ball into your midfielder, dont care if its Busquets, Xavi or Jesus himself, they arent turning and they can hold onto the ball, they are going to get physically moved out of the way and they are going to win it.

If they get a corner of something, its a goal.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 am

Yeh the pressing always happens vs the CPU. You're winning and the last 10-1 5 minutes they start pressing.

Though once you break the press, there's gaps to take advantage off.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:37 am

True.

But what team you know has more energy, stamina, power and speed the last 10 minutes than the first 10 minutes?

I dont mind losing if I make errors and play stupidly, but when its fake its not fun.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotladd Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:09 am

I cannot seem to keep a midfielder on the pitch. Doesn't matter who it is, I have run them all into the ground; Odjidja-Ofoe, Sahin, Joe Allen, Ozil, Gerrard. They are all out for extended periods. It has come to the point where I am afraid to sprint with them as it seems to be what kocks them down. This can be a problem.

With my playstyle I use alot of speed (lateral speed is the name of the game in fifa 13 as many have pointed out) to burn from defending third to attacking third. Everyone (except the keeper of course) does alot of all out sprinting. If I have space I am going to use it and close to the next level of defenders.

I can adjust the sliders of course but I would rather find out if I am playing incorrectly before I mess with sliders. I dont have this issue from strikers or defenders, just midfielders. It has come to the point, my defenders coupled with the normal injuries to other squad mates have me maintaining a constant half dozen footballers on my injured list.
scotladd
scotladd
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:19 am

I havent played Fifa enough to consider it to be much scripted but that can be said to PES series tho. PES 2010 is by far the most heavily scripted imo. AI is a bit weak compared to its rival that is PES tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 am

I'm in D1 and I'm getting tired of people playing 5 in the back+ ronaldo and benzema up top + hoof balls + ultra D

So god damn annoying. I honestly think I'm the only guy on fifa who doesn't pace abuse in D1 Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by scotladd Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Sent 5 mil and Steve Mandanda to the Spurs for Hugo Lloris (my 3rd year, hes 27 and at 91, second best keeper in the game). Juve is chasing Joe Allen, offered 45 mil, I countered with 55. Waiting to see how much they value him.
scotladd
scotladd
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Dani, PES has always had that unpredictability about it when it comes to goals.

Which is one of the reasons i loved it for so long and quite frankly while Fifa has made huge strides in the 360/PS3 generation i still get that feeling of meh when it comes to variation of goals that i always have.

Unfortunately PES have f*cked up and their online is garbage so when it comes to football games Fifa wins by default really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Another glitch is when the opposition want to take a quick throw in and your player doesn't go back to his position.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:23 pm

scotladd wrote:Sent 5 mil and Steve Mandanda to the Spurs for Hugo Lloris (my 3rd year, hes 27 and at 91, second best keeper in the game). Juve is chasing Joe Allen, offered 45 mil, I countered with 55. Waiting to see how much they value him.

Some good business there with Mandanda Thumbs up
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Ajax

Krul
Van Rijhn Bruma Alderweireld van Aanholt
Maduro/Hosogai
Eriksen Sneijder
Robben VDV(Fake 9) Elia

Notable bench players
Emmanuelson
Donk (80 pace CB)
Sana (75)
Seedorf
Fischer (79)
C.Y. Lee (81)
Song Heun Min (78)

Very fun team. Might have overdone the Dutch thing though.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Dani, PES has always had that unpredictability about it when it comes to goals.

Which is one of the reasons i loved it for so long and quite frankly while Fifa has made huge strides in the 360/PS3 generation i still get that feeling of meh when it comes to variation of goals that i always have.

Unfortunately PES have f*cked up and their online is garbage so when it comes to football games Fifa wins by default really.

Yes very true, which is why I left FIFA in the first place some time in the 00's for then Pro Evo.

Pro Evo and now PES has that unpredictability and feel about it more like real football. Shame it has severe issues in other ways, like online.

Another thing they need to fix is the shooting and dribbling. The goals are great, but the shooting is wrong mechnically, the shots they take are just not the correct ones too often.

Dribbling is good fundementally but their version of FIFA's pricise dribbling is awful. Everyone looks like they kinda crapped in their shorts.

FIFA is the better game, but offline, I have tons more fun on PES this year, which is the first time in like a 7-8 Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:57 pm

scratch there is something in fifa i do not get

how a player with "long shot taker " has finishing of 64 , i find that ridicules
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Finishing is how good they are inside of the box. Long shots is outside of the box.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Finishing is how good they are inside of the box. Long shots is outside of the box.

so they think the player that can find a net from outside the box cant score from inside?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Epoto wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Finishing is how good they are inside of the box. Long shots is outside of the box.

so they think the player that can find a net from outside the box cant score from inside?

Stankovic, Guarin, Sneijder

Theres 3 from Inter alone Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Swanhends wrote:
Epoto wrote:

Stankovic, Guarin, Sneijder

Theres 3 from Inter alone Laughing

im talking DDR , may be i should be specific and i know he can score from inside too , its just he is a defensive mid and has no business to be there in normal situation
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm

I think the stats are based on what they actually do. If they have good long shots in real life, then their long shot stat will be good. If a player shows he can finish inside the box, then their finishing stat will be good.

A player might have a poor finishing stat, but that might be simply because he doesn't finish from inside the box in real life, not because he wouldn't be able to.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I think the stats are based on what they actually do. If they have good long shots in real life, then their long shot stat will be good. If a player shows he can finish inside the box, then their finishing stat will be good.

A player might have a poor finishing stat, but that might be simply because he doesn't finish from inside the box in real life, not because he wouldn't be able to.

64 is too low , 70ish is the proper rating i think
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeAdLy CoUnTeR Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Well finishing is not always completely linked to long shooting, xabi alonso has great long shots i believe BUT you wouldnt expect him to finish the ball clinically like a falcao or even in game higuain so there is a distinction between all that finishing incorporates including weak foot perhaps, and finishing, from a long shot from a good passer of the ball for example...

They are different elements really.
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

I can agree on most of the criticism that I'm reading here.

1. Predictable goals. Especially if you're not exactly a pro-player - I play FIFA almost solely with a friend a couple of times a month - you just learn a few ways to score and that's how you're going to score 90% of your goals. At least for me it's too easy to repeat the same things over and over again, like the way you bring the ball up and the way you set up the familiar scoring opportunity.

2. First touch. Nice idea, but implemented too fast and it's left raw.

3. That late-game pressing by CPU when they're one goal down is indeed a bit unreal. And your players are not even trying to match that intensity, there's not enough movement to space or counter-attacking runs. Just the acceptance that now they're really going to come for you and maybe you can hold out, maybe you can't.

4. Is it just me or does the CPU win helluva many headers in attack?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeAdLy CoUnTeR Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:56 pm

I also dont really find it realistic to see the A.I press me like crazy when they are down on the score sheet. I played against legendary yesterday in the night, was 4 goals up to 0 in the first half, then i stop paying attention a bit, they press more and they score 2 awful goals, and a last one with a van persie header from the right side of the box, almost outside of the box, it was unrealistic unless van persie's head is a bazooka..

They have to fix many things...

One of the most annoying ones is when i get fouled and i try to get the play going again, i try to pass the ball to a winger before the free kick animation pops up and when i pass it, instead of going for it, he tracks back and ignores it! when hes not even offside!

Also i wonder how long it will take for them to incorporate female players.
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:09 pm

And Tottenham's name in the game is 'Spurs'. It should be Tottenham Hotspur.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:14 pm

@bhends

Division 3 atm. Back to back promotions with Genoa cheers

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin