_LMG_10_
Madvillain
Donuts
Art Morte
13 posters

Go down

Question to Barcelona fans Empty Question to Barcelona fans

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:58 am

15 wins and 1 draw in the league so far. Running away with the title. GD +36, meaning you have won averagely each game by 2,25 goals.

Don't take this the wrong way, but is it becoming boring to watch your domestic games?
Or is there as much excitement as always?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Question to Barcelona fans Empty Re: Question to Barcelona fans

Post by Donuts Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:12 am

Exciting because throughout the season we have had games where we struggle and somehow come through like Atletico Madrids game, we were down 1-0 and came back
Maybe the last 10-20 minutes are considered more boring to to other people because we just pass around to kill time.
Plus as a fan I personally just enjoy watching the players play.. Like the game was dieing down and Thiago coming in got me more focused just to see how he does, or Villa etc.
Also it is safe to say winning never gets boring.. Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 am

We've seen it all this season, convicing victories but also teeth grinding comebacks. We've been having more luck than in the previous season and it helps us grab the three points where we might not have grabbed them the year before. In the end though, it will still be a matter of opinion whether or not some of us would find it boring. I've said it before in the Barça section, but I mainly watch football for nice interplay, great positioning and lovely finishing. Those sort of things. A thrill is just a bonus. Apart from that I think that there is enough going on in the league to stay intrigued. As much as I do not like Espanyol, I wouldn't want them to be relegated for instance. Gotta keep the derby. And it's also interesting to see whether Atleti will be able to hold on to the second place and to see who's going to end up grabbing those last Champions League and Europa Cup spots. So i'd say, not boring at all.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:14 am

Are you kidding? Barcelona games this year have been pure excitement.
The barca defense is so shoddy that the opposing teams always have a chance to get back into a game, and often they do.

Far from boring to watch. Some spectacular games so far this season.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:18 am

Essentially our injury crisis has made Barca games very watchable and entertaining for neutrals. Also with Alba and Cesc in midfield we're more direct and overall I'd say we're less patient this season, so there's more end to end stuff than before. And we've been lucky. It's not as one-sided as the stats make it seem.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:26 am

I personally think it's just a matter of time till Barcelona run stops,they haven't been as good as in previous years IMO despite the brilliant record.Tito is a bit weaker tactically and more focused on attacking.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:09 am

Oh yes, its still fun. 2 different reasons.

1. Its Barca, the way we play its always going to be fun.

2. Despite the results we have been open and suffered in many games, the result do not display the difficulties we faced this season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 am

All right, so your results are just part of the whole truth.

Do you think your team is playing at its realistic full potential or could you find an extra gear in those games that turn out to be more difficult?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:50 am

Performance wise we could play better, or we have played better in other years to be more accurate.

He have had many injuries at the back, so when the usual guys have not been there we let in far too many goals.

Alba is defenceless, Montoya isnt Dani Alves, Mascherano is awful and we only seem to rely on 3 centerbacks which gives us more problems as other guys like Adriano have to play out of position.

I am glad Pique is back to his old self, he has had a nice comeback season.

Also, I think we still have the issue of a 2nd goalscorer. I believe Cesc and Adriano, a leftback who is part time starter-part time sub are our 2nd top scorers. To me this is a problem.

We cant get any better results wise realistically, in fact it would be normal to drop off at some point in the season results wise, but we can still improve I think.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 am

Vibe wrote:I personally think it's just a matter of time till Barcelona run stops,they haven't been as good as in previous years IMO despite the brilliant record.Tito is a bit weaker tactically and more focused on attacking.

Well who goes the entire season unbeaten? Its not normal.

Dont know how you can say Tito is tactical weaker or stronger, thats surely to be proven?

We have let in more goals for one reason, we have had worse defenders. Nothing to do with tactics.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 am

The Franchise wrote:
Also, I think we still have the issue of a 2nd goalscorer. I believe Cesc and Adriano, a leftback who is part time starter-part time sub are our 2nd top scorers. To me this is a problem.

Oh that's an interesting stat Smile
Fabregas I can somehow undestand.
It would be interesting to see how Barca would do without Messi in a few league games, if you are so short on reliable goal-scorers. Not that I wish him any injury, but maybe come play a few games for Liverpool...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 pm

I would argue if Messi ever got injured or missed a few games....

They would just play Villa as a striker or Cesc as a fake 9 they would probably still beat the majority of teams.... basically that's what make big teams when the big players are missing others step up.

Their record without Messi is surprisingly good 20 wins from 27 games and 4 of those 7 games were games when either the league was already won or CL group games when they already qualified...

Anyway it's clear what the main issues with them are despite the results....

Villa has inconsistent game time but when has played has usually scored key goals.

Pedro has been rubbish for most of the season and Sanchez while improving in regards to link up play, movement, passing etc etc is not as effective as he should be.

So all in all the wide players are not really impacting the game as they should do.

So you would imagine at some point that might become a problem for them but they can't really complain about the results so far.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:36 am

Well you don't get bored of watching them when you cannot watch them (no bein). As far as excitement though from the few streams ive seen we're playing sublime football. How would that be boring. Plus this Barca (messi in particular) are also breaking records left and right. It's the opposite of boring. We're watching history that may not be repeated in quite some time.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 am

With the football Barcelona play- especially this season- it's impossible for me to be bored. Impossible I say! It's beautiful, free flowing stuff, and I consistently count myself lucky to be able to watch this team week in week out. I'd like to reiterate the point that with our defense, the results don't tell the full story. Some games have been quite nervy- the Betis game just a week ago was one of these. We won 2-1, but we were lucky to, and the last 30 minutes were exciting, in terms of not knowing what will happen.

Suspense is just a part of it though. It helps, but it doesn't tell the full story- at least not for me. Even if I know how the game will end, I find joy in watching Barcelona play, and I find it hard to be bored.

Our team can certainly play much better. The wide forwards- as Mole pointed out- need to improve. Our defense is still on its way to recovery and we haven't hardly put out a full defense yet this season- I think that is something else that can see much improvement. Our pressing game this season has been inconsistent- good some games, bad others. It's not as good as it was with Pep, IMO, and that's another thing that could see improvement.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:37 am

Depends on what you like watching. Main reason why I watch Barca is because I love watching possession football... I don't care whether they win or lose, I just wanna see good possession passing football. Also, not just the possession football but also how well a team can overcome such beautiful football. I'm a patient sort of guy and I don't mind if Barca play 110 passes because they simply can't get past a team, its interesting to see how they see a problem and how they overcome that problem.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 am

The Franchise wrote:
Vibe wrote:I personally think it's just a matter of time till Barcelona run stops,they haven't been as good as in previous years IMO despite the brilliant record.Tito is a bit weaker tactically and more focused on attacking.

Dont know how you can say Tito is tactical weaker or stronger, thats surely to be proven?

We have let in more goals for one reason, we have had worse defenders. Nothing to do with tactics.

I'm not saying Barca will lose just one game.I said I believe their run of good form will come to an end...Tito being weaker tactically is just my opinion,and like any other opinion it is to be proven,obviously.They have the same defenders as before,who have been far more exposed because of the tactics,which is the reason their form is nowhere near it's peak couple years ago.IMO.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:39 am

Actually i did not find Barca boring even last season, though i felt a bit frustrated during some games, mainly against park the buss teams. This season however it is far from boring.

I mean if your team is wining by 2 goals, and they step it down a bit, you might not feel the same excitement as you would when they attack constantly. But there are a lot of things to appreciate even in those kind of games. The season is long so they might need to conserve energy if they aim for 3 trophies. The passing game is awesome and there are a lot of small things going on that are awesome to watch. As a neutral, or opposition fan it might be a bit boring (it is a matter of taste at the end, and we can't really agree on this or disagree), but as a fan, it is awesome to see your team boss the opposition and play like the cat plays with the mouse. Please, do not take this as a disrespect to the other teams, i just wanted to find a good analogy to depict the process.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:02 am

Barca are the best team in the world, next to them is Bayern
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:24 am

Vibe wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I'm not saying Barca will lose just one game.I said I believe their run of good form will come to an end...Tito being weaker tactically is just my opinion,and like any other opinion it is to be proven,obviously.They have the same defenders as before,who have been far more exposed because of the tactics,which is the reason their form is nowhere near it's peak couple years ago.IMO.

Okay, but I dont get how you can have an opinion. Tito hasnt done anything tactically different.

The defenders are the same? On paper perhaps, but not on the field.

Alves hasnt been there, Abidal hasnt been there, Puyol and Pique both missed more than games than previously, Alba is defenceless and Mascherano is having the worse season of his career. Its not tactics, its injuries plus players being poor.

If its the tactics, could you at least talk about the differences in tactics that no other Barca fan even knows.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:09 am

The Messiah wrote:Barca are the best team in the world, next to them is Bayern

And that comment was valid because... Laughing

I agree with eelir, at times it gets frustating when we can't do anything against teams that park the bus but then again it makes it interesting how we try to deal with the issue. Interesting to see what Tito does the next time that happens...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum