Twoism
Jay29
Raptorgunner
sportsczy
14 posters

Go down

I'm away for 7 weeks...  WTF Empty I'm away for 7 weeks... WTF

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Someone explain to me what's going on with Arsenal. I haven't followed at all for 7 weeks now. I can't believe the standings after a good start. What's happened?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

I'm away for 7 weeks...  WTF Empty Re: I'm away for 7 weeks... WTF

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:24 pm

The team is "jaded" after just few games that's what Wenger keeps saying. :facepalm:

Diaby has been out for over 7 weeks now. Wenger keeps the same line up and all the midfield does is pass side ways. Arsenal have become one of the worst teams in EPL.

Feel bad for Giroud, Wenger does not know how to use him and he does not fit our system. I have a strong feeling Giroud will be the next player to get destroyed by Arsenal.

Inconsistent would be too kind for this Arsenal team.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Cazorla.
"We don't know exactly what the problem is," Cazorla remarked to the Mail on Sunday. "It's true that we're inconsistent.

"I believe that, to challenge for the Premier League, these games can't get away from us.

"Take the Fulham game, we were 2-0 up. You can't then be drawing within five minutes. Those points aren't coming back.

"And the other day, against Aston Villa, there's a game which I believe we really had the desire to win, because these are points that we can't let get away.

"Then you see City, [Manchester] United winning on those days. That's the difference. To fight for the title, it's about taking points from those teams.

"It's a little bit frustrating. We're a good team, good players, training well but there are moments in those games when we don't know how to control them.

"There's a significant gap between us and United and City. They've got away a bit. We have very little margin for error."
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm

To give you a condensed version:

We're not playing in a way that suits our current players.

We're playing players out of position.

Since the November international break, players have been laboured and injured.

We're playing important players like Arteta and Cazorla far too much and their performances are suffering as a result.

All the above has contributed to us not being able to create enough changes. This has lead to us not scoring enough goals.

Vermaelen's form deserted him. Gibbs got injured so Andre Santos had to play. The defence was an absolute shambles.

Shambolic defence + not being able to create chances + tired players and injuries = several poor results.

Several poor results = no confidence.

No confidence + players not getting rest = more very poor performances.

Worrying signs that the players aren't playing for the manager any more.

The manager has yet to change the formation of personnel to help create more chances.

The manager has seemingly abandoned the defensive strategies we used earlier in the season.

Players are tired for some reason while everyone else isn't suffering from the same problem.

Injuries. Injuries. Injuries.

Subbing a striker for a defensive midfielder when we needed a goal.

Leaving subs until the 75th minute then withdrawing one of our goalscorers when we need a goal.

Theo Walcott's contract situation still hasn't been resolved.

Our most likely signings in January are going to be Gervinho 2.0 and a 34 year old Henry.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Jay taking a piss at the team for every Arsenal fans out there and rightfully so. And yes we got outplayed by every single team who has a ball to press the midfield. Press Arteta & Cazorla and you win, it's guaranteed. Wenger got outsmarted tactically too easily and stubborn to the point of total delusion.

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm

sportsczy, welcome back.

Basically what Jay said happened.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:57 pm

sportsczy the worst is yet to come.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh come on. It can't be worse than the start of last year. Of course, we don't have RVP. But Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud are all quality. They just need a bit of time to adapt.

I don't even want to ask about Gervinho, Arshavin, Walcott and Ramsey because that would be an exercise in frustration. Other than Ramsey maybe, i have no hope for the others consistently.

But how are Jenkinson, Ox and Coquelin doing? Any chance they break the lineup?

How about Sagna?

Diaby's career is done. He just can't be counted on at all.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:18 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:To give you a condensed version:

We're not playing in a way that suits our current players.

We're playing players out of position.

Since the November international break, players have been laboured and injured.

We're playing important players like Arteta and Cazorla far too much and their performances are suffering as a result.

All the above has contributed to us not being able to create enough changes. This has lead to us not scoring enough goals.

Vermaelen's form deserted him. Gibbs got injured so Andre Santos had to play. The defence was an absolute shambles.

Shambolic defence + not being able to create chances + tired players and injuries = several poor results.

Several poor results = no confidence.

No confidence + players not getting rest = more very poor performances.

Worrying signs that the players aren't playing for the manager any more.

The manager has yet to change the formation of personnel to help create more chances.

The manager has seemingly abandoned the defensive strategies we used earlier in the season.

Players are tired for some reason while everyone else isn't suffering from the same problem.

Injuries. Injuries. Injuries.

Subbing a striker for a defensive midfielder when we needed a goal.

Leaving subs until the 75th minute then withdrawing one of our goalscorers when we need a goal.

Theo Walcott's contract situation still hasn't been resolved.

Our most likely signings in January are going to be Gervinho 2.0 and a 34 year old Henry.

Shocked this is indentical to our problems Laughing well the majority of it anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh come on. It can't be worse than the start of last year. Of course, we don't have RVP. But Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud are all quality. They just need a bit of time to adapt.

I don't even want to ask about Gervinho, Arshavin, Walcott and Ramsey because that would be an exercise in frustration. Other than Ramsey maybe, i have no hope for the others consistently.

But how are Jenkinson, Ox and Coquelin doing? Any chance they break the lineup?

How about Sagna?

Diaby's career is done. He just can't be counted on at all.

We're a good few points worse off this year at this point than we were last year.

Giroud's doing really well actually, getting a few goals and assists under his belt. Helped that we were crossing more.

Podolski is out of position on the left so his performances tend to fluctuate between good and bad. Cazorla is brilliant when at 100% but is struggling with the volume of games at this moment in time.

Walcott has easily been our best player. Just check out his goals and assists tallies so far this season; 10 goals makes him our top goalcorer, 7 or 8 assists makes him our leader there too. Picking up one too many annoying injuries but when he plays, we look a better side.

Jenkinson is much improved this season and deserves to play over Sagna; got an England cap recently, too. Sagna's been a bit disappointing since returning from injury.

Chamberlain has been disappointing. Hasn't played well once this season. Walcott has outperformed him by a long way.

Coquelin has had very limited opportunities to play because Wenger is insistent on running Arteta into the ground.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Wenger cant motivated the players and whats the point in blaming a bunch of substandard players they all are playing to the best of their ability.

I wish Steve Bould gave Wenger the hairdryer treatment.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:56 pm

:coffee: What Ya'll Talking About ... I Haven't Seen Us This Season In A While albino
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:Someone explain to me what's going on with Arsenal. I haven't followed at all for 7 weeks now. I can't believe the standings after a good start. What's happened?

Sportszcy cheers

How are you doing mate ? Babun has kept us up to date with the situation, Was worried after the first operation but it's good to know things are ok now!

Je te souhaite un prompt rétablissment
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

What's happened? Laughing

How long you got?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Wenger - I know we can fix our problems

"There’s a problem of course," he said. "What is important when you have a problem is to do something about it.

"The second thing is the strength to do something about it, and I’m confident we have both. We have the strength and we will do something about it. I believe [we must] develop the quality of our game and continue to play better [in] the way we want to [play].

"Let's not go overboard," he went on. "Every period is difficult, in every game you focus to get the best out of your team.

"We lost on Saturday and of course we are not happy with that. But I am confident that we have a strong team, that we have a strong spirit in the side, and that will come out.

"We have rebuilt the team a little bit, in two ways - first in bringing in new players, secondly in getting some players back from a long-term injury, like Wilshere. I feel there is a lot of strength in our team.

"Patience and keeping our mental strength will turn that around in an easy way.

"We have analysed the game [on Saturday], watched the game and, if you look at the results over the weekend, it is difficult for everybody in the Premier League.

"I believe what is important is to play our football, improve the way we play and keep faith in our players. At the moment, that is very important to me. If you look at people’s reaction, everything is dramatic. What is important is to be capable to play football."
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Someone explain to me what's going on with Arsenal. I haven't followed at all for 7 weeks now. I can't believe the standings after a good start. What's happened?

Sportszcy cheers

How are you doing mate ? Babun has kept us up to date with the situation, Was worried after the first operation but it's good to know things are ok now!

Je te souhaite un prompt rétablissment

Thanks dude. I have another one in 3-4 months time. I get in shape, run 2-3 marathons... and everything falls apart lol. Was better off fat and unhealthy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 pm

I am sure the other one will go well! Take care of yourself man and get back asap

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm

lol What did u expect , top of the table =P
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 am

What happened? just over 6 weeks ago we were 6 points away from third place, now we are 5 points away from third place. Yeah, thats some funny shit
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:32 am

I might cut my losses and just start supporting Swansea, a team that looks to be going places
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:36 am

If the Emirates is a library, then we make any team coming to the library look like the badass biker who rides a Harley and picks on the four eyed geek in the corner reading an advanced algebra text book.

We fcking made Swansea look like Arnold Schwarzenegger at the beginning of T2 when he stole the fat bar guy's shotgun and sunglasses and rode off on the bike

WE played the part of the fat bar guy
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:59 am

I know the fans are frustrated and have every right to be..
But booing your own team for every backpass and at halftime when the team is struggling is not helping the cause.. Get behind the team and help the players to turn things back...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 am

Wilson37 wrote:I know the fans are frustrated and have every right to be..
But booing your own team for every backpass and at halftime when the team is struggling is not helping the cause.. Get behind the team and help the players to turn things back...

Its a bit tiring to keep doing that every damn year.

The part of vocabulary associated with Arsenal is so repetitive that half these words are borderline sickening now.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Lex wrote:If the Emirates is a library, then we make any team coming to the library look like the badass biker who rides a Harley and picks on the four eyed geek in the corner reading an advanced algebra text book.

We fcking made Swansea look like Arnold Schwarzenegger at the beginning of T2 when he stole the fat bar guy's shotgun and sunglasses and rode off on the bike

WE played the part of the fat bar guy

Thumbs up rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down