BarcaKizz
FCBarça
billy_gr
gondov
The Sanchez
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona Empty UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Sanchez Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:30 am

Date: Wednesday, 11/07/2012 20:45

Competition: Champions League

Stadium: Celtic Park, Glasgow

Referee: Bjorn Kuipers

Adriano picked up an injury on the weekend therefore meaning that Alba will definately be leftback on Wednesday whilst meaning Barta will play in the defense alongside Mascherano. Messi picked up a knock and could possibly be out for the game though not sure...

----------------Valdes------------------
Alves--Barta--Mascherano--Alba
----Xavi------Song------Iniesta-----
---Pedro------Messi/Cesc----Alexis--

If we win this game then we can relax for the remaining GS games, giving an opportunity for blokes like Barta, Pinto, Montoya, Thiago, Tello, Roberto and JDS to shine...

Last edited by The Sanchez on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona Empty Re: UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona

Post by gondov Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:23 am

---villa--------messi-------pedro---

-------iniesta----------xavi----------

-------------alex-song--------------

alba----masch---------batra--alves

Busquets is still suspended for this one. I think iniesta should start to bring calm in the midfield because the Celtic fans can really get their team going. Going behind in this game can be dangerous, the crowd needs to be silenced asap.

Villa needs to start instead of Alexis so that he can bury all the chances we might get early in the game. Alexis' workrate is not really needed in this game.

With villa-iniesta-alba on that left side and messi, alves, pedro on the right, Celtic will really have a tough night.

Batra should also start this game imo. I liked the way he bullied HOOPER in the last game. Pique can get 15 mins or so later on to avoid mascherano getting another yellow, for instance.

Messi is training normally and will play.

Alexis, tello can come in as subs and exploit Celtic's tired legs.

We must win this. If Benfica beat Spartak (which is most likely as they are @ home and are desperate for a 1st win in CL), then we qualify for the next round as guaranteed group winners!

We can then avoid injuries by resting key players in Russia's cold plastic pitch and also the Benfica home game.

I also think we are due for our 1st defeat and losing in these 2 games wont matter especially if youngsters play.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona Empty Re: UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Sanchez Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 am

Yeah, Busquests is still out. Fixed.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:14 am

Celtic are traditionally a very tough team. And by tough I mean there's gonna be beating. I wouldn't mind if Tito desided to rest some of our heavy guns
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:48 am

I just think Celtic Park will be a bit too intense for a young player like Bartra...I'm certain that's why Piqué 'rushed' back to fitness...Still think it'll be him paired with Mascherano

Like to see Cesc start this with Iniesta in midfield along with the traditional MVP trident...Alexis, Tello & Xavi as the subs

Lennon's boys will approach the match very similar to how they did at Camp Nou, with or without Samaras, Izaguirre & Rogne...If Izaguirre is indeed out, LB will be the weak link in what was an impressive backline for Celtic...And seeing that so many of our attacks build from that right flank, it'll be the opening to exploit

A motivated new father paired with his right flank partners in Pedro & Alves means bad news for Celtic, I believe...Especially if Izaguirre is out

Arguably, this will be tougher than the first leg because there will be 60,000 intense supporters pushing their side along regardless of who scores first...Celtic can't afford to lose so scoring early will force them to take more risks and unpark that bus
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 am

Pique is available so I assume he'd start.

Valdes
Alves Pique Masch Alba
Song
Xavi Iniesta
Pedro Messi Villa

>> Bartra, Tello, Cesc/Alexis off the bench.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:36 am

Have a feeling Messi will be rested for no risk, cesc mid, sanchez over pedro and villa starting later to be subbed by Messi or Tello.
I WISH Pique + Barta but it'll just be pique + Mascherano and well everything else is obvious.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:52 am

I think Cesc will be rested, he has played many games in a row now. Possibly Alexis will come back as a starter too. I think it's good to rest either Pedro or Villa for a more important weekend game (we've got 1st spot guaranted IMO). So I would play something like:

VV
Alves Bartra Mascherano Alba
Xavi Song Iniesta
Villa Messi Alexis
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 am

Cesc didn't start in the 1st leg and it could be argued that his directness was missed
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Valdes
Alves Bartra Masche Alba
Cesc Song Iniesta
Alexis Messi Villa

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Piqué & Mascherano were observed in the training session at Celtic Park, working out positioning and signals on movement...Seems pretty clear Gerard will indeed start
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Really bad luck. Hitting the post 2 times. We need to be more clinical if we want to win. Their defending is also solid, and counters dangerous.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Looking really good, sometimes football just is unjust. We should also take more chances outside the box.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Frustrating half.

Ill get it out the way first, I dont understand this ref. Celtic players getting away with yellow card challanges, one player did 2 of them and got away. Songs first foul and automatic yellow smh.

But yeah, he has to be careful now. Aside from those two fouls he has done good, but he will do well to last the 90. I expect Cesc and Xavi drop back or JDS coming on.

But speaking of midfielders, Wanyama is bossing us to be honest. He has slowed Iniesta at every turn, made 3 challanges on Messi only he could of made and has clogged up the middle very well. Then on the ball he has mad composure aswell as speed over distance....he is a better, faster version of Song.

Going forward, we been close but just lack the final action. I am not very worried just yet, but a goal pre HT would of been nice. It sort of can go two ways now I guess. We score and then have to struggle to get a second, or they score again.

On their goal, who got beat..was it Bartra or Alba? Meh stream, I couldnt tell. If it was Bartra im dissapointed, he has had a good game overall but my worry with him before was a lack of strength, he showed it there, completely overwhelmed. If it was Alba...why on earth was he positioned there in a zonal marking set up?

Going forward we okay, its a bit hard as they parking the bus but we like a move away. Other than Pedro refusing to dribble when 1 v 1 and Iniesta being motly taken out the game by Wanyama it aint that bad. Messi almost scored, but I expect another gear from him.

Last edited by The Franchise on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:42 pm

lol typical Song gets a yellow card in the first 20 minutes and becomes passive when defending afterwards #IToldYouBeforeItHappened

Also you should stop conceding corners. They have as much success rate as penalties against Barça Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:44 pm

You never stop do you?

I mean, you wont give dude an once of credit. He is on a yellow, made another foul which could of been yellow...of course he isnt going to go into 50/50's now.

Before the yellow, he was actually doing very well both defensively and offensively.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Well, Song was ok, had couple of misplaced passes in somewhat bad position, but otherwise not a bad game IMO.

@jiopsi love your avatar. Dr. Strangelove right?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:Before the yellow, he was actually doing very well both defensively and offensively.
You mean those 13 minutes? golfclap...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Sometimes this team pisses me off...do they score a goal just to annoy me or something? Giving me false hope.

Mascherano getting taken to schooled by 17 year olds..he get worse everytime I see him.

Look forward to the weekend, not much to say about this one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 pm

danyjr wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Before the yellow, he was actually doing very well both defensively and offensively.
You mean those 13 minutes? golfclap...

Well what you want him to do? Be good before the game starts? lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:40 pm

The Franchise wrote:Mascherano getting taken to schooled by 17 year olds..he get worse everytime I see him.

Mascherano was not at fault. It was an easy ball Xavi should have cleared, simple as that.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:42 pm

we've grown predictable. that's how I feel.
Celtic managed to black us out withought many problems
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Chealstic did what they had to do, we did not have luck. Although our shots where somewhat weak, Fraser Forster was amazing Shocked
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Over reliance on Messi in my opinion. Every time a player is close to the area they are looking for Messi, completely ignoring whatever else is going around them, not passing to anyone else in a better position or taking a shot. Ever wondered why we haven't seen Pedro score for Barcelona for such a long time? He doesn't take half as many shots as before.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Wasn't able to see it as per usual for CL games, but looks like one to forget.

Better next time eh?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next