neuro11
alexjanosik
The Franchise
gondov
The Sanchez
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Champions League Group Stages: Benfica vs FC Barcelona Empty Champions League Group Stages: Benfica vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 am

Date: Tuesday, 10/02/2012 20:45

Competition: Champions League

Stadium: Estádio Da Luz

Capacity: 66500

Television: La 1 - Autonómicas

Referee: Cüneyt Cakir

Predicting Lineups

I feel with the Clasico coming up a few of our 'stars' will need to be rested in order for a fresher approach to a game that could quite possibly determine La Liga. Alves, Xavi and Pedro imo should all be rested leaving Montoya, Roberto/Iniesta and Tello/Villa to replace them. Midfield will definately be a struggle. In defense Im hoping for Montoya at RB, Barta in the defense with Mascherano whilst I don't mind who starts at LB. Alba was a worry against Sevilla though Adriano probably needs another few days for a fresh approach against Madrid. I would have definately started Adriano if Alves started as I cannot think of the possibility of having two centrebacks at the back though with Montoya in the side I can be comforted if Alba is in the side... With Xavi out and Fabregas making alot of attacking runs instead of staying back to control possession, I feel that we will not control the game as we usually do. Roberto imo will start over Iniesta though The Don will definately participate in some part of the game.

-------------Valdes------------
Montoya-Barta-Mascherano-Adriano
----Roberto-Busquests--Fabregas--
--Tello------Messi--------Sanchez-
Predicting Score Line

I expect a close win. Tbh, all of Benfica's players are either injuried, past their peak or sold. Even with a struggling midfield, Im sure we will win. 2-1
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages: Benfica vs FC Barcelona Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages: Benfica vs FC Barcelona

Post by gondov Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:45 am

Benfica are very good on the ball.

Xavi-busquets will definitely start and so will fabregas.

Spartak nearly embarrassed us in the Nou Camp , this is the CL!!!

Playing tello, montoya, batra, rorbeto in the starting line up away to Benfica is suicidal No

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stages: Benfica vs FC Barcelona Empty Re: Champions League Group Stages: Benfica vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:38 am

Which Benfica players are past their peak in your opinion Sanchez? The only one I can think of is Aimar, but even this version is better than most in his position.

Still to this day, he might be a top 10-15 number 10.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:02 pm

This is not a must win game so I would rest some players for the Clasico.
Xavi needs a rest,but with Thiago injured,Iniesta coming back from injury,Song needed at CB midfield options are a bit limited.Still I would play JDS or Roberto and rest the maestro.Would also rest Busquets.Would play Song at DM and Bartra at CB.Iniesta comes on for the last 20 min or so to gain a bit of match fitness.Puyol too to play a bit.
Would also rest Messi but there is zero chance of that happening.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Montaya, Roberto, Tello and the right side would be in big trouble. I consider Benfica a very good team and i really love to watch them. They are a very different side from Porto and they are also very good in passing.

I think Cesc will play and either Busq or Xavi will be rested and not both. Very little doubt that Messi wont be rested in a away game vs 2nd best team in the group but a rest before classico would be great for him. I wish Bartra atleast will get the chance today May be puyol will get some game time in later stage if Tito wants to use him in Classico

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Valdes
Alves Bartra Mascherano Alba
Song
Xavi Cesc
Alexis Messi Tello

Roberto >> Xavi
Villa >> Messi (late)
maybe bring Busi on.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:42 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
Valdes
Alves Bartra Mascherano Alba
Song
Xavi Cesc
Alexis Messi Tello

Roberto >> Xavi
Villa >> Messi (late)
maybe bring Busi on.

I think this is the strongest possible line up however i doubt Tito will go like this. I think he will again put Song into defense and Roberto/JDS into mid.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Double-edged sword this game, on the other hand it would be good to rest some players to Clasico, on the other hand it would be nice to go as group winners to Moscow in November. I would go the resting route.

Valdes
Montoya Bartra Mascherano Alba
Xavi Song Cesc
Alexis Messi Tello

Some minutes for Iniesta, Puyol and Villa.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Surprised you guys don't consider this an important game.

#1 Winning the group is VITAL
#2 Winning with maximum points is very important for advantage in knockouts
#3 Benfica away is the toughest match for us in the group. NEVER underestimate your opponent in CL.

Guardiola always talked about the importance of the group stage and getting maximum points in it if you want to go far in CL.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:03 pm

What makes you think we don't take it seriously? The only indicator is a desire to rest Xavi or Busquets which I think we can do.

At the back... I think it genuinely is in our best interests to play Bartra. As for Montoya... He's proven himself, no problem if he starts.

How would people feel about a 4-2-3-1? Accomodates Cesc and Alexis a little better and helps in the absence of Xaviesta.

Valdes
Alves - Bartra - Masch - Alba
Busquets - Song
Tello - Cesc - Alexis
Messi

Thoughts?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 pm

According to Marca.com:

Valdés, Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Jordi Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Cesc, Alexis, Messi y Pedro
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:45 pm

LOL @ the people who were suggesting , we should rest xavi and start roberto, batra, montoya. I, sure am grateful, that you guys dont coach barca instead of Tito.

Benfica are a very good side, so far at least (half time).

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Well it is a CL isn't it? Smile
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:15 pm

So far Messi looks like he is back bitches Very Happy
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Damn!!! I'd prefer to loose than what happened to Puy.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:42 pm

World War III is finished. Barca won
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:44 pm

eelir wrote:Damn!!! I'd prefer to loose than what happened to Puy.

My thoughts exactly. After that moment, all I could think of was that horrible injury. That looked absolutely horrid. Anims Puyi!

With this defence we will at least concede 2/3 goal against Madrid btw, looked poor again.

Can't even enjoy a win now...
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Feel sorry for Puyol, he has been very unlucky recently with injuries it almost reminds me of Ronaldo. That was a tough scene to watch. All the best to him, anims Puyol. I guess this means Song and Mascherano partnership in clásico. I think Barcelona will pay a heavy price in this match playing two unnatural CBs against a team of Madrid's attacking power.

Pass to Messi Syndrome still exists, quite a few times Pedro/Alexis had chances to shoot but decided to pass to Messi instead, who was in a less favourable position. Overall however, Barcelona's style of play has changed quite a bit since last year. For better or worse, we'll have to wait and see, but I believe Barcelona are more vulnerable in defence nowadays, but also won't be having those cul-de-sac situations as often against ultra-defensive teams.

Fantastic finish by Cesc, Alexis also had a good match. Good to see Iniesta back as well. Not too convinced by Alba, he doesn't seem to be good in defence at all and his composure on the ball is pretty poor as well. Alves seems to be having a dip in form after a few classy seasons.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Well f*ck. I hope Puyi recovers soon, but I'm sure he's seriously considering retiring. At 34 and unable to play 90 straight games of football, it might be time.

#CBinWinter
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Poor Puyol. I had to change the channel. Horrible image.
TV says he has a dislocated elbow. If he doesn't have any bone/ligament broken/injured, he would be around 4 weeks out. If he has something broken, he would be 2 months or more.

Nauseous injury in a very bad moment.
We are very unlucky.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Well f*ck. I hope Puyi recovers soon, but I'm sure he's seriously considering retiring. At 34 and unable to play 90 straight games of football, it might be time.

#CBinWinter

Why should Puyol be thinking of retiring?
It's just another injury, he isn't thinking of retiring for sure.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Watching it was horrible but i think he is ok now, medicines will take care of him. The bad thing is now 2 DM's will be CB's against madrid
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 pm

My reaction: "Are you f**ing serious..." :facepalm:

Poor Puyi... went up for an awesome header and what a horrific injury. Early news keeps saying its a dislocation rather than a break. I guess we'll wait and see how long. Remind me again why we didn't buy a fking CB????

Didn't even get to test Bartra... Not that he would play him in the Clasico.. but I would have preferred it...

Second talking point... the red. WTF? I still don't know what the call was... I don't even think it was a yellow. Both times goes in hard and fair and not violently at all. Absolute BS, don't know what ref was watching.

Otherwise great movement of the ball and Alexis was better. Like Dani says, better player on the left.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Mascherano was terrible bringing the ball from behind. Missed lots of easy passes that led to counters in the first half. Hope he picks it up.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by yoonie Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:51 am

free_cat wrote:Ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Poor Puyol. I had to change the channel. Horrible image.
TV says he has a dislocated elbow. If he doesn't have any bone/ligament broken/injured, he would be around 4 weeks out. If he has something broken, he would be 2 months or more.

Nauseous injury in a very bad moment.
We are very unlucky.

i agree... but considering the elbow joint is uncommonly dislocated, i think there's a great possibility that he's fractured it also.. POOR Capitan!
yoonie
yoonie
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next