CrazyBoy
RealGunner
Onyx
Swanhends
Mr Nick09
38 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

how highly do you rate Suarez? - Page 4 Empty Re: how highly do you rate Suarez?

Post by RED Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RED wrote:He's only weakness is converting the many chances he presents himself with, but he seems to be getting better at that having scored 10 this season.

Not really he still takes bucket loads to score 1 he gets goals because if you have 10 chances by all rights you should score at least one AKA Ronaldo school of finishing.

Just for comparison purposes he has 7 league goals same as Ba and one less than RVP but has taken 63 attempts compared to Ba's 37 and RVP's 30

Shocked

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

how highly do you rate Suarez? - Page 4 Empty Re: how highly do you rate Suarez?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Suarez is a better player than what he is given credit for, no doubt about it. He is simply not going to put up Falcao's like numbers years after years.

I think he would be awesome playing in an attacking trio like he did at Ajax, left or right. Liverpool sign a real CF and they are a different team all together.

edit: sorry, scratch what i said, i forgot Rodgers still the coach albino

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Michu 6 goals 24 shots banana

Also in defense of CR7, last season in La Liga he scored roughly every 6 shots, whereas in the EPL Suarez scored roughly every 11, so....
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:13 pm

he's a world class attacker, but Liverpool can't rely on him all season to bail them out
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 pm

most of those 'shots' oyu speak of are taken from long range or half chances by ronaldo, he is actually very clinical and one of the best finishers i have ever seen. his example shouldnt be given to prove suarez a poor finisher.

he may not be the most clinical out there, but i think suarez has been far better in that department than last season, great talent..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 am

RED wrote:Taking my United specs off. The guy is such a talent, he's dribbling skills and the way he can beat several defenders is mesmerizing. One of the best players in prem, no doubt about it. He's only weakness is converting the many chances he presents himself with, but he seems to be getting better at that having scored 10 this season.

Why does he have to be such a detestable person. If he wasn't such a c***, he would be lauded by every none LFC fan.

He's always been a c*** though, and you still loved him when he was at Ajax.

Thanks for the honesty though. You do seem like a great poster when you speak as a neutral.

Lord Hades wrote: most of those 'shots' oyu speak of are taken from long range or half chances by ronaldo, he is actually very clinical and one of the best finishers i have ever seen. his example shouldnt be given to prove suarez a poor finisher.

he may not be the most clinical out there, but i think suarez has been far better in that department than last season, great talent..

Ronaldo is far superior in terms of finishing but you can't be one-sided like that.

Suarez takes long shots and "half chances" most of the time too...

Swanhends wrote:Michu 6 goals 24 shots banana

Also in defense of CR7, last season in La Liga he scored roughly every 6 shots, whereas in the EPL Suarez scored roughly every 11, so....

No one said his finishing is as good as Ronaldo's. Every person on this forum has rated him but has stated that his finishing lets him down. Ronaldo... or Michu should be nowhere near this thread.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:57 am

The problem is people are seeing only stats, Usual.

95% of Suarez's shots are shots from tight angles where he has already beaten a man/men and at that point there is no turning back, He has to shoot and the half chances are saved by the keeper.

But yeah he is a shit finisher.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:16 am

I know Nishy, people talk about stats like Suarez misses 11 sitters for every time he scores.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:30 am

Statistics are like mini skirts what they reveal is suggestive what they conceal is important

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:08 am

The Liverpool fans on here are some of the biggest homers I've seen in all of sports.

First Suarez is the 2nd best dribbler in the World, to Suarez hardly dives, now Suarez doesn't miss sitters. rofl

You could make a case his poor shooting percentage matters little because half of those chances are created by his own doing (similar to Ronaldo) but "he doesn't miss sitters"?!?!?! Laughing

FFS!
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:03 am

Gil no one here said that he doesn't miss sitters. All we said was that majority of his missed shots aren't sitters like many people make 'em out to be.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 am

Look at the last line of my post ffs before making things up Gil.

He is a shit finisher, But more than half of the chances he creates for himself are so tight that 90% they will be saved.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Nishank wrote:The problem is people are seeing only stats, Usual.

95% of Suarez's shots are shots from tight angles where he has already beaten a man/men and at that point there is no turning back, He has to shoot and the half chances are saved by the keeper.

Suarez must have terrible vision and pitch-awareness if all his shots are from tight angles hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Swanhends wrote:
Nishank wrote:The problem is people are seeing only stats, Usual.

Suarez must have terrible vision and pitch-awareness if all his shots are from tight angles hmm

You must have a terrible understanding of the game if you believe that to be the case.

Man, now I see why so many people love to use fallacious arguments, it's fun to completely ignore logic and come across as ignorant/trollish. Rolling Eyes
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm

My friends, Red, Nishy, Messiah, YNWA I'm surprised you have actually found the patience to deal with such cherry picked false dilemmas as its rare for me to see a thread surrounded by such informal and boring circular reasoning as this post being my first on this thread is a testament to that.

Obviously Suarez garners polar opposites in opinions (a politically correct way to state this) so you will not get the best of opinions based on the confirmation biases and various illogical reasons within this thread.

I for one applaud you patience and temper and frankly ask not for you to waste any more time on this as these "how highly do you rate" threads almost always turn out like this, let alone for such controversial players.

I have nothing more to say that hasn't been said but I will say for all of Suarez's poor gamesmanship he is a god damn world class player in a rare mould who also happens to come across as quite an intelligent player off the field.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:23 pm

among the forwards i think only messi,c.ronaldo and zlatan are surely better than him.

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:28 am

Swanhends :facepalm:

Two posts and nothing about the topic.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:35 am

Gil wrote:The Liverpool fans on here are some of the biggest homers I've seen in all of sports.

First Suarez is the 2nd best dribbler in the World, to Suarez hardly dives, now Suarez doesn't miss sitters. rofl

You could make a case his poor shooting percentage matters little because half of those chances are created by his own doing (similar to Ronaldo) but "he doesn't miss sitters"?!?!?! Laughing

FFS!

Who said "he doesn't miss sitters"?? Derp.

On a side note, how's the love fest with Torres? And is it true you really rate Hazard over David Silva?

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:35 am

Nishank wrote:Swanhends :facepalm:

Two posts and nothing about the topic.

He's a changed man. He used to talk about football but now just posts to 'entertain' his GL buddies.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4