Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú - Page 23 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú

+46
Robespierre
Lord Awesome
iftikhar
farfan
LeBéninois
vivabarca38
Crimson
M99
justdoit_
rwo power
jibers
Albiceleste
Forza
Mamad
urbaNRoots
sportsczy
AltoZ
Lex
Gil
shinigami99
Casciavit
EL Patron
nasir6371
halamadrid2
BAYERN_MUNICH
Red Alert
Mr Nick09
McAgger
RedOranje
Yeezus
Rebaño Sagrado
Kaladin
The Franchise
Harmonica
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Dante
Valkyrja
The Sanchez
RealGunner
biggiejay
Funkentelechy
elitedam
Ganso
Catracho
McLewis
50 posters

Page 23 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next

Go down

Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú - Page 23 Empty Re: Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú

Post by elitedam Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:55 pm

I find it hilarious how people on this forum take these friendlies so seriously. Felipao is clearly trying out different things.

Anyways, Kaka is past it. Oscar should play in middle and Hulk/Lucas should play on the right wing. I couldn't believe how awful Hernanes was with his distribution from the back. Thiago Silva is a beast. The guy is pure class. He makes DL look decent. JC looks like he's getting back to his best. And Diego Costa looks useless.

I think the biggest question marks are who plays in the center of the midfield and who's our starting CF. I think Paulinho has earned a spot but the other one is up for grabs. Fred is a serviceable option but the dude is always injured. Has Pato been injury free for Corinthians?

In the future:

JC
Alves Thiago Silva DL/Dante Marcelo
DM Paulinho
Oscar
Hulk/Lucas Neymar
CF

It's too bad not everyone will be available in the next two friendlies since they're not on fifa approved dates.

elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú - Page 23 Empty Re: Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú

Post by Lex Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:09 pm

elitedam wrote:I find it hilarious how people on this forum take these friendlies so seriously. Felipao is clearly trying out different things
Good point. He's clearly trying not to win. It's working beautifully, but I wouldn't take that tactic to the WC next year if I were him
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Are you trying to be funny? Or can you not comprehend simple concepts?

Hernanes has been out of the NT picture for a while. I don't think felipe Luis ever played for the NT before. I know Dante hasn't. These were also Fernando's first caps. Kaka was given a chance to show something. Fred hadn't been called up in a long time.

Felipao has been with the NT for 3 matches now. He just wanted to see some players up close to see how they would respond to his coaching.

But maybe you're right. He should have gone all out and put his best team out there because winning friendlies is all that matters. You gotta do what you can to increase your position on the fifa rankings.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Autuori said that Dedé leaving in June or July. Not a surprise, but it pretty much confirms that he will leave because it was mentioned to Autuori before he took the job.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:55 pm

Catracho wrote:Autuori said that Dedé leaving in June or July. Not a surprise, but it pretty much confirms that he will leave because it was mentioned to Autuori before he took the job.

Galliani pls
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by biggiejay Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:16 pm

We can careless about friendlies! I rather we lose all of them and win the WC than win all these meaningless friendlies and under performing in the WC! BRASIL RUMO AO HEXA!!!!
biggiejay
biggiejay
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:23 pm

The city of Rio shut down the Engenhao yesterday after reports showing serious structural problems. They've known about the defects since it was first inaugurated but apparently it has become even more serious. At first it was recommended that the stadium be shut down when there is a chance for winds of 115 km/h but the new reports show that even with winds of only 63 km/h could result in a catastrophe. Keep in mind that this is only a sever year old stadium. That's a whole different level of embarrassing.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Engenhao will always and has always been a complete failure of a stadium.. from the location to the transportation to and from the stadium.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Catracho wrote:Autuori said that Dedé leaving in June or July. Not a surprise, but it pretty much confirms that he will leave because it was mentioned to Autuori before he took the job.

Galliani pls

beat it, he's coming to Corinthians.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:55 pm

I am thinking there is no place better than this one for what I came across.

The eloquence of Nelson Rodrigues

Perhaps no one has written about football with the same eloquence, the same feel for drama and exaggeration as the Brazilian playwright Nelson Rodrigues (1912-1980). A life-long Fluminense supporter, he witnessed the rise of Brazilian football, from Leonidas and Zizinho to Garrincha and Pelé.

His poetic commentaries elevated football to something higher than it truly was. The facts didn’t concern Nelson Rodrigues. He regularly lambasted the “idiots of objectivity” and stated that football flourished not by the increasing popularity of video tapes and live TV, but by “coherent misrepresentation” and by “distortion of the facts”.

I tell you that the best team is Fluminense. And if the facts prove me wrong – I respond: all the worse for the facts.

Here are ten more of his writings.

Ahead of the 1963 Rio League decisive game between Fluminense and Flamengo, he sought to mobilize the Fluminense supporters:

The prophet has predicted: Fluminense, Champions of 1963. Nobody can be absent in the Maracana this Sunday. I include ghosts in my convocation. And for this reason: Death doesn’t lift you from your duty to the club.

In 1955, the 34-year old master Zizinho made a glorious return to the Selecão. He started on the bench in the game against Paraguay, but entered as a sub after the first half finished 0-0. He scored two goals and assisted the third. Nelson Rodrigues was prompted to write the following:

The game Brazil vs Paraguay was won by Zizinho, before he entered the field, before he had set a single step, through the speaker announcing his arrival, during the break. He could just as well have played from home, using a telephone.

After Fluminense suffered a crucial and unexpected defeat against Garrincha’s Botafogo:

Faced with this 6-2, faced with the numeric hysteria of this score, a man can only sit on the curb and cry. There is no rational defense against a victory of cosmic proportions.

On Brazil’s shock defeat in the 1950 World Cup Final:

Some results are fatal. A monster victory makes two victims. The loser and the winner. We have an example that still hurts us without mercy. The 6-1 against Spain. We lost the World Cup because two days before, we defeated the Spaniards in an almost immoral fashion. Had we achieved a more sober victory, we would have crushed Uruguay with one leg tied out backs.

About Garrincha’s mythical performance against the Soviet-Union in the 1958 World Cup:

In the first three minutes of the battle, Garrincha had defeated the colossal Russia with Siberia and everything else. Dribbling one, dribbling another, he, in his fantastic penetration, dribbled up to the beard of Rasputin. At this point, the ashes of the Czar felt humiliated.

After Pelé had to leave the 1962 World Cup due to injury, he was replaced by the mediocre Amarildo. To everyone’s surprise, Amarildo played the best matches of his life and helped Brazil win the World Cup. Nelson Rodrigues offered an explanation. Amarildo had been possessed. The nickname stuck for the rest of Amarildo’s career.

Like a Dostoyevskian epileptic, he was possessed. With on his chin the drool of the sacred idiots.

On the derby of Rio:

When did Fla-Flu begin? I dare to say: Fla-Flu has no beginning. Fla-Flu has no end. Fla-Flu came into existence 40 minutes before nothing. And then the multitude was awakened.

On Garrincha:

Garrincha trancends all standards of judgment. It’s certain that on the judgment day, the highest judge will deem himself unqualified to pass sentence on our Mané.

On Zizinho:

There is no ball in the world indifferent to Zizinho.

On Flamengo fans:

Fans of other clubs concede a goal with a small or larger sadness, but it doesn’t affect their reason of being. The fan of Flamengo; not so. When he concedes a goal, he twitches, he gasps, his eyes glaze over, he bleeds like a stabbed Caesar.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:33 pm

Good read.

Flamengo lost to Audax yesterday! Very Happy

And the Brasilian cup starts on Wednesday.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:46 pm

They play Remo on Wednesday..

Palmeiras 6-2 loss is unforgettable though Laughing

btw Bolivia game is approaching.. I wonder which Domestic players will make the cut, I'm sure there will be some surprises.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Columnist Jorge Nicola from Diário de S. Paulo claims that there is already some kind of agreement between Vasco and Corinthians so that Dedé will join Corinthians in June to replace Chicão.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:31 am

Brazil friendly tomorrow against Bolivia. Might be harder than expected especially in that altitude.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Bolivia is so weak we can't really take anything away from this game. It was disappointing, though expected, to see such a boring second half. That kid Osvaldo was impressive and he managed to cap it off with a sweet pass for the last goal.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Ronaldinho was class but in the end it was just bolivia
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Didn't bother watching the game, I went paint balling for like 6 hours. From all accounts.. Jean is a fast rightback.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:37 am

Okay, so I watched Fernando "Lucas" from Gremio play a couple years ago. I used to rate him a lot and saw massive potential in him. You would of seen me praise him regularly if you guys were on the goal.com forums. My question to you is has he improved in the last year or so? Is he ready for a move to Europe or is he still developing slowly?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:07 pm

ynwa wrote:Okay, so I watched Fernando "Lucas" from Gremio play a couple years ago. I used to rate him a lot and saw massive potential in him. You would of seen me praise him regularly if you guys were on the goal.com forums. My question to you is has he improved in the last year or so? Is he ready for a move to Europe or is he still developing slowly?

Give him one more season and he'll be ready for Europe.. he won his first couple of caps over the International break for Brazil as a starter in the middle.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:09 pm

First game in the NEW Arena Fonte Nova!!! A stadium built for the 2014 World Cup and 2013 Confederations Cup.. built by the same German company that rebuilt the Hanover stadium for the 2006 World Cup in Germany:

Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú - Page 23 Proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm9.staticflickr.com%2F8379%2F8629209528_b7f2619b85_b
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:11 pm

The first game in the New Arena Fonte Nova today was a 5-1 thrashing of Vitoria over cross town rivals Bahia in the always fun and very traditional E BaVi Clasico.

Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:34 pm

The FM Wonderkid, Vitinho, came on today for Botafogo with 20 minutes left to play agains Olaria and managed to score 2 goals in a 3-0 win in E Taca Rio.. Kid looked real good doing so, he was recently promoted to the senior side and from the looks of things might be expected to contribute early in the upcoming Brasileirao, none the less he looked very promising today.

Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:41 am

They were two class goals even though it was just Olaria. It's also nice to see Lodeiro stepping his game up. He was awful last year but he's turned around quite nicely.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:08 pm

elitedam wrote:They were two class goals even though it was just Olaria. It's also nice to see Lodeiro stepping his game up. He was awful last year but he's turned around quite nicely.

How old is Vitinho? btw hows Cidinho doing?
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Vitinho is only 19 years old.

As for Cidinho, he hasn't gotten much game time from what I've seen. I don't know why since he does well when he plays and he provides speed and quickness. I would love to see him play more.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:09 pm

elitedam wrote:Vitinho is only 19 years old.

As for Cidinho, he hasn't gotten much game time from what I've seen. I don't know why since he does well when he plays and he provides speed and quickness. I would love to see him play more.

Probably a manager decision. I hope to see more of them in the Brasileirao coming up. I know Cidinho played a bit last season.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next