60 posters

Page 34 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

FIFA 13 Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: FIFA 13 Thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Art Morte wrote:
The Franchise wrote:LOOOL

That sounds unbelievable...but yet, so believable Very Happy

I have to admit the game kinda bores me now, its too much like 12 and it didnt have that new game feel.

I might actually play PES for a while, just because I have it and its different.

Well that's kinda impossible to avoid when they put out a new version every year...

True, but I still think previous titles have a bigger change year to year. This is the most similar version to the previous year I can remember in a while. Not an entirely bad thing, im glad they didnt mess with it for the sake of it.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
The Franchise wrote:LOOOL

That sounds unbelievable...but yet, so believable Very Happy

I have to admit the game kinda bores me now, its too much like 12 and it didnt have that new game feel.

I might actually play PES for a while, just because I have it and its different.

Well that's kinda impossible to avoid when they put out a new version every year...

True, but I still think previous titles have a bigger change year to year. This is the most similar version to the previous year I can remember in a while. Not an entirely bad thing, im glad they didnt mess with it for the sake of it.

The first touch thingy is a minor step back, imo.
I like the idea of introducing some unpredictability (read: realism), but it doesn't always work in video games. If they can tweak it for the better in future versions then it might turn out to be a positive, but I liked FIFA 12 better because it didn't have this random first touch stuff.

I just wonder how much better they can make the game in the future years. If you think of the most important thing, the gameplay, it has improved with giant steps in the past ten years. But now it's very very good. It hasn't changed all that much since FIFA 10, I think. Is it time to consider is there a ceiling on how much they can improve the game? Because, to me, in a way it's starting to seem there is and it isn't awfully far, either.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:46 pm

I think there's still a lot to improve.

1. Graphics.

2. Atmosphere.

The current atmosphere is poor. If I'm playing at the Bernabeu, I wanna hear what I hear on TV. Not some generic made up Spanish chant that's been in since forever. Same goes for every stadium.

EPL and La Liga should have different chants for when goals are scored. EPL is a 'yehhhhhhhh'.

3. Better team tactics. If I want every player on my team to press, I should be able to. Currently I can only press with 2-3 players. And pressing with 2-3 players means there's gaps, which means the pressing isn't as effective.

So basically advanced tactics.

4. If I'm playing with a good passing team, they should have chemistry in terms of keeping possession. So they should be moving around better to receive the ball and making intricate touches etc. Not just standing there doing nothing.

So basically team traits. E.g. good at counter attacking, good at pressing, defending etc etc.

5. Defensive intelligence. Now that there's attacking intelligence, defenders need to mark players better, track runs etc etc.

6. Intricate touches when dribbling with the ball. Currently players just make basic and generic touches.

7. Career mode improvements such as:

Being able to bid before July.

Test a player out in arena prior to buying him.

Calling up players from Castilla/Barca B, if you're playing as Real Madrid/Barca, instead of having to buy them.

Choosing pre season fixtures/tour - e.g. U.S. tour.

8. More individual player traits. Like running/jogging styles, dribbling, tackling etc. Agger and Pique sometimes stride with the ball into the opposition half. Pepe has random dribbling. Di Maria and Pedro have different running styles etc etc.

9. Other ideas:

Updated hair for players. E.g. Ramos, Glen Johnson, Dani Alves etc.

Setting substitutes before the match starts.

2v2 mode on seasons.

Quicker menus.

Get rid of the leagues no plays as or just put the main teams from those leagues in 'Rest of the World'. That way they can put teams like Shakhtar Donetsk etc in the game.

More realistic player faces.

10. There's probably things I'm missing/haven't thought of yet.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:53 pm

10-0-2 in my last 12 seasons games :bow: Up to Division 4 :bow:

Ive started this thing where I cycle teams every 5 days or so, for some reason its been working out amazingly Laughing

Went 4-1-1 with Schalke, 4-1-1 with PSV, and so far 1-0 with Wigan...Just smashed some kid 5-1 and he quit in the 60th

Wigan are absolutely incredible in this game why did no one tell me fgs...Total football, runs everywhere

Kone :bow:
Jordi Gomez :bow:
Di Santo :bow:
Jones :bow:
Beausejour :bow:
Roberto Martinez :bow:
Jordi Gomez :bow:

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:02 pm

:bow: to Jordi Gomez twice

He's so good once was simply not enough :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Fifa can't improve the graphics without getting a new engine or employing someone for it and they will do neither.

They have limited the improvement on that front since fifa 11 for this reason.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Where is Del Piero and Heskey in Fifa 13 UT? It's really annoying that they have not added them.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Graphics won't improve until Next Gen systems come out end of next year or 2014
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:25 am

Swanhends wrote:Wigan are absolutely incredible in this game why did no one tell me fgs...Total football, runs everywhere

You musnt play vs PL teams much in FIFA, if you still have FIFA12 go play against Wolves on a high difficulty and you'll see the kind of football that would make Cruyff cream himself
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:16 am

fatman123 wrote:
Swanhends wrote:Wigan are absolutely incredible in this game why did no one tell me fgs...Total football, runs everywhere

You musnt play vs PL teams much in FIFA, if you still have FIFA12 go play against Wolves on a high difficulty and you'll see the kind of football that would make Cruyff cream himself
The game was made when the GOAT aka Mick McCarthy still managed them, so that's to be expected :coffee:

Beautiful, beautiful man.
FIFA 13 Thread - Page 34 B959eb4acd3f790aa80c9665499cfd66
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:24 am

Eman wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

The game was made when the GOAT aka Mick McCarthy still managed them, so that's to be expected :coffee:

Beautiful, beautiful man.
FIFA 13 Thread - Page 34 B959eb4acd3f790aa80c9665499cfd66
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

i cant argue with this logic :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 am

Del Piero dropped down to a 78 and still not on Ultimate team. WTF
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 pm

On to division 3 :bow: :bow: :bow:

I didn't win the division 4 title though Mad

Started Division 4 with Norwich...got matched up against teams that were way unfair and started off 1-0-2

Switched to Malaga and played really really well with them...Had a bunch of wins and only 1 or 2 draws with them (no losses) - which I was surprised by

Malaga get matched up with some tough opponents...I had Santos and Milan which were easy, but I also got Chelsea twice, and the Portugal national team

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:42 pm

I use Juventus, and consistently get matched up against Madrid, Bayern, Brazil, Chelsea, United, City, and PSG. Have gotten Barca, Arsenal, and Dortmund a few times as well. Got to Division 3 earlier, lost my first game, and went on a winning streak to win the title with a game in hand. Havent tried Division 2 yet.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:07 pm

What do you guys think in Career Mode about the adjusted player growth and decline rates (youngsters growing faster and 30+ players declining fast) ?
I think it's better than in 12, but it's been a rather big change.

Can't wait to continue on Friday me and my mate's Burton Albion Brewers Career Mode, starting only our second season but found a few promising youth players from Egypt, the question just is whether to keep them or sell and hire better scouts with the money hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:11 pm

True that ^

Arteta declined from 82 to 78 in 2 seasons. Going to cash on him this window lmao

On the other hand, Wilshere went from 82 to 87 Laughing <3
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 pm

:facepalm: fifa 13 is like playing against Stoke City every game of the season
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 pm

It makes me so annoyed that defensive midfielder virtual pros do not improve their defensive abilities unless they are played in the back line. There are a few accomplishments you can unlock, but the majority don't even initiate unless you are playing as a full-blown defender, which is ridiculous because a player's overall rating cannot get into the 80s without defensive skills as a defensive midfielder. I have played about 150 games in my career now all in midfield because my managers never experiment I guess, and have made sooo many tackles, yet while all of my attacking skills are amazing for a defensive midfielder, I still have a 53 rating in both standing and sliding tackles :facepalm:

At least Arsene Wenger just signed me and decided to start me over players with higher overall ratings. I guess nobody cares about ratings as long as your stats are amazing. It's funny because I've turned down so many teams because I wanted to try to win something after 1.5 seasons at Monchengladbach, and right when I was about to finally cave and go to Milan (who had tried to sign me every other day in every transfer window for about 4 seasons), Arsenal came in to hijack the move. Arsene knows :bow:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Last 5 games of the season

i am on 78 points, Chelsea behind me is on 76

Every single team i face ( swansea home, QPR home, Birmingham away so far ) is playing like barcelona at legendary difficulty while every player of mine is gone horeshit.

Oh and chelsea are on a 5 game winning streak at the same time...

Bullshit
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:43 pm

RG join one of my 100000 invites. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:RG join one of my 100000 invites. :bow:

Laughing

Half the time it's not me and the other half i just leave the ps3 on so sorry for not replying often Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:38 am

Eman wrote:It makes me so annoyed that defensive midfielder virtual pros do not improve their defensive abilities unless they are played in the back line. There are a few accomplishments you can unlock, but the majority don't even initiate unless you are playing as a full-blown defender, which is ridiculous because a player's overall rating cannot get into the 80s without defensive skills as a defensive midfielder. I have played about 150 games in my career now all in midfield because my managers never experiment I guess, and have made sooo many tackles, yet while all of my attacking skills are amazing for a defensive midfielder, I still have a 53 rating in both standing and sliding tackles :facepalm:

At least Arsene Wenger just signed me and decided to start me over players with higher overall ratings. I guess nobody cares about ratings as long as your stats are amazing. It's funny because I've turned down so many teams because I wanted to try to win something after 1.5 seasons at Monchengladbach, and right when I was about to finally cave and go to Milan (who had tried to sign me every other day in every transfer window for about 4 seasons), Arsenal came in to hijack the move. Arsene knows :bow:

Agreed, for some reason I decided it would be fun to be a DM as opposed to an AM (my natural position) and it's been 1 1/2 seasons and I'm at a 72 rating. My passing and offensive abilities are unrivaled and I have the best stats in the team from a DM position, but my rating doesn't really reflect that because my defensive traits are still real meh.

I wish the AI was smart enough to put you where you should be according to your stats and abilities, or allow you to go back and edit your pro. Even from a DM position, I'm like Yaya near the end of the game because my player is so much better offensively than defensively.

Started with Chicago, went to Parma, went to Vicenza on loan, back at Parma helping them finish in the top 3 for Serie A. Challenging for a title spot smoking

Newcastle wanted me during the winter transfer window, they said I would be the best in the game, they said they would pay me out of Ashley's own pocket, THEY SAID I would make Moal happy.

I said no.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:14 am

You can edit your pro in the career mode...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:45 am

RedOranje wrote:You can edit your pro in the career mode...

Can you change position? I know I looked and I couldn't find where you could change positions. I may not have looked hard enough, but I haven't checked since.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Join RG. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend