Lex
Jay29
Sina
RealGunner
SamuelJayC
24 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Coventry LIVE/Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal v Coventry LIVE/Discussion thread

Post by Eman Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:06 pm

MJGunner wrote:Having United/Chelsea and City knocked out so early :bow:

So happy for Arshavin, always been my favorite player, been waiting for him to suit up this year so I could change my avatar to something of him. Got the perfect one now Very Happy
He's one of mine as well. Very happy for him! Now let's just hope he does the same when we're actually watching Very Happy

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Coventry LIVE/Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal v Coventry LIVE/Discussion thread

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:18 pm

The League Cup Show is on atm on BBC1 for whoever wants to watch highlights of our win tonight - Live stream: http://freetvall.com/video/3D7RG2BY8AAU/BBC-ONE
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm

Have to admit, that last Walcott goal had Henry written all over it. Very very classy, same goes to Arshavin throughout the whole game. Let's keep in mind this is a League One side though, the real test for Arshavin, Walcott centrally and Giroud is still ahead.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:43 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:4TH ROUND DRAW COMING UP!

NO NEED FOR A NEW THREAD.
oh.. sorry.. i just saw this now.. hmm

No problemo! Razz
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Just watched the highlights. Will watch the full game when I renew my afc player membership.

Some great strikes!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Just watched the highlights. Will watch the full game when I renew my afc player membership.

Some great strikes!
Sam what games can you watch with AFC membership?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 pm

I was at the game, so i'll write some of my thoughts, remember this is just my opinions so disagree if you wish

Negative aspects:

-Walcott was terrible apart from his goals, was anonymous for most of the game and gave it away when he got the ball
- Arshavin was still pretty bad tbh, he had moments of quality like he has in the past, but it isnt enough, one minute hes rubbish then the next he turns it on, far too inconsistent imo, very frustrating to watch. His bad moments are much more frequent than his better moments as well

Positive aspects:

- chamberlain played very well, and he scored an excellent goal
- giroud got his goal at last and it was a very nice little strike as well, a little dink over the keeper. He missed a penalty and gave the ball away sometimes but in general he played quite well. He held the ball and had some nice passes
- miquel looked good, composed performance by him

All in all it was a decent game, coventry were awful and never looked like they were going to be tough to beat
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Just watched the highlights. Will watch the full game when I renew my afc player membership.

Some great strikes!
Sam what games can you watch with AFC membership?

I watched Shrewsbury and Bolton league cup games last year on it. So all of them I think.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Anyone think Miquel will take Djourou's place as 4th-choice CB soon/next season?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:50 am

Arsenal v Coventry LIVE/Discussion thread - Page 5 Imag0010

(this was before the last goal, ofc Razz)

Videos to follow tomorrow Thumbs up
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:13 am

Sorenn12(Bayern München fan)

anyone know why Podolski didn't play? I didnt even see him listed as a potential substitute on ESPN...

Replay.

SoccerJam(Chelsea fan)

Confucius says "don't use canon to kill mosquitoes"
Podolski playing would be using a missile to kill mosquito! a bit of an over kill don't u think?!

:bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:52 am

just saw the highlights, Yennaris was amazing :bow:
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:10 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Anyone think Miquel will take Djourou's place as 4th-choice CB soon/next season?
if we dont have many injuries.. Djurou will not have enough playing time and he will move on next season automatically making Miquel the 4th choice..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:47 am

MJGunner wrote:Arsenal sold 60,000 tickets against a League One side. Chelsea sold 32,000 to a Championship side and Man City sold 28,000 to a Prem side.

History, Tradition, Class.

I can assure you there were no where near 60,000 seated people

however it was a good night at the emirates and the fans were mostly encouraging Very Happy
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:26 am

Ignasi probably played his best game in an Arsenal shirt and fully deserved his goal,having missed an opportunity before.But that defensive lapse Evil or Very Mad Hasn't Bould started working with them yet? hmm

Ignasi celebrated his goal by kissing the AFC badge.Hope he belongs to the Class of Wilshere and not Ca$hri :coffee:

BTW,Did anyone else think that Gnabry showed flashes of brilliance in his little cameo?Good dribbling skills coupled with great vision and is German cheers
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:34 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Anyone think Miquel will take Djourou's place as 4th-choice CB soon/next season?

Tbh... Ignasi Miquel should have been 4th choice last season... latest this season.

It makes no sense having Djouru on your way because hes not gonna improve anytime soon.

Why not give Miquel a chance to show his potential?

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Quinten Metsys wrote:Ignasi probably played his best game in an Arsenal shirt and fully deserved his goal,having missed an opportunity before.But that defensive lapse Evil or Very Mad Hasn't Bould started working with them yet? hmm

Ignasi celebrated his goal by kissing the AFC badge.Hope he belongs to the Class of Wilshere and not Ca$hri :coffee:

BTW,Did anyone else think that Gnabry showed flashes of brilliance in his little cameo?Good dribbling skills coupled with great vision and is German cheers

Quinten Metsys? did you change your name?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm

highburied wrote:

Tbh... Ignasi Miquel should have been 4th choice last season... latest this season.

It makes no sense having Djouru on your way because hes not gonna improve anytime soon.

Why not give Miquel a chance to show his potential?

agree with you Thumbs up
and i think it was more of djouru mistake for that goal coz he didnt mark the guy who scored.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Santos was caught out of position so it has to be his fault, Miquel had to come out and Djourou couldn't reach the ball then.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Reading vs Arsenal will be live on Sky Sports on Tuesday, 30th October.

cheers

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:52 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Santos was caught out of position so it has to be his fault, Miquel had to come out and Djourou couldn't reach the ball then.

The player who scored was Djouru's mark... no??

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:08 pm

I actually managed to get 5 out of the 6 goals on film, believe it or not Razz

As promised:

Giroud's celebration and a replay of the goal

The Ox's thunder strike

Miquel's goal

Theo's first goal

...and his second

Shazza's goal

Giroud's penalty miss

Miquel's bicycle kick

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks for videos Lex, hope one day I get to watch a game live.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Amazing feeling...

I cant wait for 17th November.

banana
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:31 am

How do you decide when you film, just whenever the ball gets into the final third? scratch.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am

No streams necessary for next round - Reading v Arsenal on Sky cheers

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/date-confirmed-for-reading-v-arsenal-clash
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next