Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Goalkeeping thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Goalkeeping thread

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:34 pm

The Fonz wrote:
McLewis wrote:
The Fonz wrote:I never knew Sabatini was on this forum... Razz

http://www.forza-roma.com/33995/sabatini-non-sopporto-lattacco-a-kameni

All honesty though ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Kameni but when you here of GKS like Buffon,Sirigu and Stekelenburg being linked to us and then to end up with Kameni well you can imagine my disappointment and frustration ..Also won't this guy be gone for a month when the ACON comes round.. scratch

Anyways I'll ease up on all the Kameni hate. He will be a Roma player soon and I support Roma that means it's a duty to support the players I just hope he does a good job ...
No Doni moments..

Well we may have Curci and Lobont has backups.....I think we'll be just fine while he's a at ACON.

He's going to make mistakes. I've made my peace with that. He's not going to have a complete blinder of a season....I don't think even Stekelenburg would honestly. When you compare with the likes of Doni and considering how well Espanyol have done each season....he's a definite upgrade....Doni wouldn't have last as long as Kameni did if their places were switched imo.

I don't think Curci will want to hang around and play 2nd fiddle to Kameni so I can see him going out on loan again..Lobont is a good backup that sort of makes me feel a bit better about the situation that if Kameni was to have a complete nightmare start, we will have a decent keeper in Lobont as backup.

I agree about Curci. He's far too good to be on the bench for us, plus it will probably cause irreparable damage between him and the club because the last time he played for us, he was benched in favor of Doni...that's why he left in the first place. So in hindsight....bringing in Kameni is definitely not a good thing for Curci and so he may defo leave.

That raises the question of who are 3rd choice keeper will be then? I'd love to see it be Mirko Pigliacelli from the Primavera honestly.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Well, Sky are now reporting that we're attempting to get Stekelenburg as our first choice keeper and Kameni as his back-up. That would just be a stupid move imo, nor do I think we're going to spend money on two keepers.

Kameni seems to be a done deal. I would keep Curci as a back up because he'll play his share of games as well (Coppa Italia, Europa League, Kameni's absence for the ACN and the odd Serie A game here and there). If we do loan him out or sell him, then it would be nice to keep Julio Sergio, but he seems to be well on his way out. In that case, Lobont will probably be the back up and Pigliacelli will be the third choice.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:07 pm

So it would be Stekelenburg, Kameni and Lobont....that's not a bad stable of keepers....but I do agree, Mike...that's 12m that we don't need to spend honestly....it should either/or.

And this puts Curci at an even larger disadvantage.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:41 pm

I just saw a link that said you guys bought the rest of Curci's rights ... where the hell was I ? I did not even see that. It went right under the radar.

So what is the deal with him now ? Will he be a starter, or sold off, or play as a substitute ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:37 pm

ErPupone wrote:Well, Sky are now reporting that we're attempting to get Stekelenburg as our first choice keeper and Kameni as his back-up. That would just be a stupid move imo, nor do I think we're going to spend money on two keepers.

Kameni seems to be a done deal. I would keep Curci as a back up because he'll play his share of games as well (Coppa Italia, Europa League, Kameni's absence for the ACN and the odd Serie A game here and there). If we do loan him out or sell him, then it would be nice to keep Julio Sergio, but he seems to be well on his way out. In that case, Lobont will probably be the back up and Pigliacelli will be the third choice.

I hope this is true but then I think why would Kameni want to come to Roma to be 2nd choice ..It just doesn't make any sense...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:32 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Well, Sky are now reporting that we're attempting to get Stekelenburg as our first choice keeper and Kameni as his back-up. That would just be a stupid move imo, nor do I think we're going to spend money on two keepers.

I hope this is true but then I think why would Kameni want to come to Roma to be 2nd choice ..It just doesn't make any sense...

Exactly, but Enrique supposedly wants two quality keepers at his disposal. In that case, I don't see why we wanna sell off Julio Sergio.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:09 am

We should make a move for this guy ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 16 July, 2011
Fiorentina freeze out Frey

Fiorentina Coach Sinisa Mihajlovic sensationally dropped Sebastien Frey. “Our first choice will be Artur Boruc or Neto.”

The 31-year-old shot-stopper had repeatedly pledged his future to the Viola, but it seems the club no longer wants him.

“Our first choice will be Boruc or Neto,” Mihajlovic said in a Press conference.

Frey missed most of last season through injury, but was hoping to get back to winning ways with the Tuscans.

He has several transfer options open to him, above all Genoa and Palermo.

However, his wages and the concerns over that injury could prove a stumbling block.

Frey had been close to Bayern Munich and Roma a year ago.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:55 am

If it weren't for his age and injury problems, I would jump on the opportunity to get Frey.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3