Patrick Bateman
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Goalkeeping thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Goalkeeping thread

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 15:21

Friday 1 July, 2011
Ajax await Stekelenburg offer

Roma have yet to make contact with Dutch giants Ajax over a possible bid for Maarten Stekelenburg.

Reports in Italy are suggesting that the Giallorossi are very keen on the goalkeeper, but no bid has been tabled.

“I don’t know if Roma are close to him, all I know is that nobody from Roma has contacted us,” sporting director Danny Blind told calciomercato.it.

“Perhaps they have spoken to his agent, but certainly not with us.”

Roma are apparently hoping to net the custodian for about €8m, even if some sources suggest Ajax would want almost double that amount.

“I won’t talk about transfer fees with the media,” Blind continued.

“Even if his contract does expire in 2012, he remains a very strong goalkeeper who is of interest to a number of clubs.”

Roma currently have four goalkeepers on their books – Alexander Doni, Julio Sergio, Gianluca Curci and Bogdan Lobont.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on Sabatini quit screwing around,sign him already ...

Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 17:30

Forza-Roma.com - Il Corriere dello Sport reports today that the negotiations between Roma and Ajax to bring goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg to the Italian capital is now close to final.

The two companies were close to an agreement, however, Ajax seems willing to reject offers of less than 9 million.

The next week should get an answer to the question.
-------------------

Espanyol's Carlo Kameni, who holds a French Passport as well as David Opsina of French club OSC Nice have emerged as alternatives should the Stekelenburg deal fall through.

Both are rated at around 6 million euros.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat 2 Jul 2011 - 5:28

Stekelenberg would be a top notch signing, especially with Viviano so close to Arsenal.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed 6 Jul 2011 - 1:54

http://www.forza-roma.com/33604/sabatini-domani-in-olanda-per-stekelenburg
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 0:55

Thursday 7 July, 2011
Stekelenburg is a Roma option

Ajax’s Maarten Stekelenburg is not the only goalkeeper who Roma are monitoring, admits sporting director Walter Sabatini.

It was understood that the Dutch international was at the top of the club’s transfer list as they look for a new No 1 custodian.

“Stekelenburg is one of three or four goalkeepers that we are following,” Sabatini admitted to the media.

The capital club currently have four goalkeepers on their books in the form of Alexander Doni, Julio Sergio, Gianluca Curci and Bogdan Lobont.

Before making an offer for Stekelenburg or any other shot-stopper, it’s understood that the club will have to sell first.

Doni is likely to be shown the door given that the Brazilian, who earns over €4m a season before tax, is being linked with Liverpool.

“There is a chance that the negotiations with Liverpool will be concluded positively,” Sabatini continued.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 9 Jul 2011 - 5:31

Sirigu rejects Palermo terms

Salvatore Sirigu’s agent has confirmed “we will not extend the contract with Palermo at President Maurizio Zamparini’s conditions.”

The goalkeeper has rejected the proposed new terms, which would double his wages, but still remain very low for an Italy international.

“We certainly will not extend the contract with Palermo at President Zamparini’s current conditions,” agent Carlo Pallavicino told Radio Manà Manà.

“For the moment there are several options for a transfer: Genoa, then either Spain or Germany.”

Sirigu’s current wages are only €250,000 per season, which would be doubled to around €550,000 under a new contract.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 1:22

I'm now hearing that we could move for Espanyol's Kameni ...I certainly hope this rumour is bullshit ..Terrible keeper ..Another Doni,we don't want that now do we....

I wish we would hurry up and get the goalkeeping situation wrapped up..
Sabatini said a few weeks back that it was the main priority...Yet nothing has materialised....and when I say this I mean a top keeper...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 3:32

Have to disagree, Dave.

Kameni has been quality for Espanyol and Cameroon for a loooong time....He's no Doni at all. He's got quicker reactions, better reflexes, marshals defense expertly and leads from the back. He's routinely faced the likes of Messi, Villa and Ronaldo on a regular basis as well.

He's an upgrade from Doni. I would be excited have either him, Sergio Romero or Stekelenburg in our team. If we sign any of those 3, we're guaranteed a top keeper. Plus Kameni would come much cheaper than the others as well. Around 6m would be enough to lure him away from Espanyol, last I heard.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 7:31

I don't mind Kameni, he's a good keeper. He's always done well when I've seen him play. That being said, is it a remarkable upgrade from Julio Sergio... don't really think so.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 18:20

Kameni is a very good goalkeeper.He has the experience, good reactions, great reflex.I would love him to see him in a Roma shirt given his low price.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 1:44

Monday 11 July, 2011
Who will be Roma’s No 1?

Roma have five options when it comes to their No 1 goalkeeper for next term, report La Gazzetta dello Sport.

It’s no secret that the Giallorossi are looking for a new first choice, with Julio Sergio and Alexander Doni heading out of the exit.

It was understood that Ajax’s Dutch international Maarten Stekelenburg, who has just a year left on his contract, was their top target.

However, Idriss Carlos Kameni of Espanyol remains an option, as does AZ’s Argentine ‘keeper Sergio Romero.

There are two Italian options in the form of Marco Storari of Juventus and Palermo’s Salvatore Sirigu.

Doni is expected to sign for Liverpool at some stage this week.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 1:45

Monday 11 July, 2011
No Roma call for Sirigu

Roma have not yet made a move for unsettled Palermo goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu.

The 24-year-old has been linked with the capital club after talks regarding a renewal in Sicily stalled.

“There was a meeting yesterday with President Maurizio Zamparini, but the problem remains and the situation is on stand-by,” agent Carlo Pallavicino told romanews.eu.

“There has been no contact from Roma though even if that would be a destination that would be accepted.

“Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini launched Sirigu into Serie A while he was at Palermo, he rates him highly.

“However, I do not have any evidence that Roma do want him this summer.”

The Italian international nets just €250,000 a season until 2014 and he’s rejected an improved offer of €500,000 a campaign.

Genoa have also been paired with the custodian.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 1:56

McLewis wrote:Have to disagree, Dave.

Kameni has been quality for Espanyol and Cameroon for a loooong time....He's no Doni at all. He's got quicker reactions, better reflexes, marshals defense expertly and leads from the back. He's routinely faced the likes of Messi, Villa and Ronaldo on a regular basis as well.

He's an upgrade from Doni. I would be excited have either him, Sergio Romero or Stekelenburg in our team. If we sign any of those 3, we're guaranteed a top keeper. Plus Kameni would come much cheaper than the others as well. Around 6m would be enough to lure him away from Espanyol, last I heard.

I guess I'm the only one who isn't a fan of his.I just don't rate him that highly..

Like Mike pointed out if we're going for a keeper like Kameni we might as well just keep Sergio instead .The goalkeeping issue has been a problem for us the past few seasons ..We have never really had a top goalkeeper and with our crappy defence we will need a real quality keeper and Kameni just isn't that imo...

Also if we are to miss out on Stek I will be extremely pissed off..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 5:22

Is Doni really that bad?We are only signing him as cover for Reina so he wont play much as Reina never missed a match through injury in last 5 years.

Do u think he could do a half decent job as 2nd choice GK in cup games or is he too bad even for that.I saw that he has played a few leagues for Roma so thought he cant really that bad?

Either way Doni will undergo his medical today and will sign sing for Livrpool later today or tomorrow according to skysports.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 5:27

Did the Romero rumors die? he has been having a flawless copa
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 5:49

BeautifulGame wrote:Is Doni really that bad?We are only signing him as cover for Reina so he wont play much as Reina never missed a match through injury in last 5 years.

Do u think he could do a half decent job as 2nd choice GK in cup games or is he too bad even for that.I saw that he has played a few leagues for Roma so thought he cant really that bad?

Either way Doni will undergo his medical today and will sign sing for Livrpool later today or tomorrow according to skysports.

To be honest, he's made a number of blunders, but will be an ok back up keeper so you don't really have to worry. He has his ups and downs; his handling just really off sometimes. Aside from that, he has decent reflexes.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did the Romero rumors die? he has been having a flawless copa

They've died out since Stekelenburg started being linked to us. Stekelenburg and Kameni are the keepers being heavily linked to us, then come Romero, Sirigu, Storari.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 8:08

BeautifulGame wrote:Is Doni really that bad?We are only signing him as cover for Reina so he wont play much as Reina never missed a match through injury in last 5 years.

He'll be fine as a backup keeper just give him the odd run out in the Carling cup /Fa Cup ...

Word of warning though,don't play him against Man Utd ... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed 13 Jul 2011 - 10:52

According to Sportitalia, Sirigu is certain to leave Palermo as their relationship is beyond repair. Palermo are only offering him 550 000 euros, while he wants at least 800 000 euros, going down from his origianl demands on 1 million euros per season.

Julio Sergio, on the other hand, is edging closer and closer to Lecce.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 11:11

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/14/2573623/an-african-adventure-why-cameroons-carlos-kameni-is-a-risk

Good piece here on Kamerni ...He sounds a bit like Doni .. One minute great the next minute pure shit...

I will be really disappointed if we end up getting him instead of Stekelenburg...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 19:39

Kameni is in overall 20 percent better than the best Doni xD
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 20:02

The Fonz wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/14/2573623/an-african-adventure-why-cameroons-carlos-kameni-is-a-risk

Good piece here on Kamerni ...He sounds a bit like Doni .. One minute great the next minute pure shit...

I will be really disappointed if we end up getting him instead of Stekelenburg...

Kameni will be a Roma player by the weekend. The Stekelenburg deal is off unfortunately.

I read the article, and while I'm apprehensive of the mistake Kameni is no doubt going to make, he's a top keeper imho and to get him at such a low fee is great to see honestly. He's worked hard at Espanyol and a move to a club like Roma is what he's so hard for. I'm not going to judge him honestly. Italy is different from Spain in so many ways.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 1:20

McLewis wrote:
The Fonz wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/14/2573623/an-african-adventure-why-cameroons-carlos-kameni-is-a-risk

Kameni will be a Roma player by the weekend. The Stekelenburg deal is off unfortunately.I read the article, and while I'm apprehensive of the mistake Kameni is no doubt going to make, he's a top keeper imho and to get him at such a low fee is great to see honestly. He's worked hard at Espanyol and a move to a club like Roma is what he's so hard for. I'm not going to judge him honestly. Italy is different from Spain in so many ways.

Goalkeeping thread - Page 2 2d0kfpk

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 2:54

I never knew Sabatini was on this forum... Razz

http://www.forza-roma.com/33995/sabatini-non-sopporto-lattacco-a-kameni

All honesty though ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Kameni but when you here of GKS like Buffon,Sirigu and Stekelenburg being linked to us and then to end up with Kameni well you can imagine my disappointment and frustration ..Also won't this guy be gone for a month when the ACON comes round.. scratch

Anyways I'll ease up on all the Kameni hate. He will be a Roma player soon and I support Roma that means it's a duty to support the players I just hope he does a good job ...
No Doni moments..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 3:11

The Fonz wrote:I never knew Sabatini was on this forum... Razz

All honesty though ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Kameni but when you here of GKS like Buffon,Sirigu and Stekelenburg being linked to us and then to end up with Kameni well you can imagine my disappointment and frustration ..Also won't this guy be gone for a month when the ACON comes round.. scratch

Anyways I'll ease up on all the Kameni hate. He will be a Roma player soon and I support Roma that means it's a duty to support the players I just hope he does a good job ...
No Doni moments..

Well we may have Curci and Lobont has backups.....I think we'll be just fine while he's a at ACON.

He's going to make mistakes. I've made my peace with that. He's not going to have a complete blinder of a season....I don't think even Stekelenburg would honestly. When you compare with the likes of Doni and considering how well Espanyol have done each season....he's a definite upgrade....Doni wouldn't have last as long as Kameni did if their places were switched imo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 3:18

McLewis wrote:

No Doni moments..

Well we may have Curci and Lobont has backups.....I think we'll be just fine while he's a at ACON.

He's going to make mistakes. I've made my peace with that. He's not going to have a complete blinder of a season....I don't think even Stekelenburg would honestly. When you compare with the likes of Doni and considering how well Espanyol have done each season....he's a definite upgrade....Doni wouldn't have last as long as Kameni did if their places were switched imo.

I don't think Curci will want to hang around and play 2nd fiddle to Kameni so I can see him going out on loan again..Lobont is a good backup that sort of makes me feel a bit better about the situation that if Kameni was to have a complete nightmare start, we will have a decent keeper in Lobont as backup.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 18:34

The Fonz wrote:
McLewis wrote:

No Doni moments..

I don't think Curci will want to hang around and play 2nd fiddle to Kameni so I can see him going out on loan again..Lobont is a good backup that sort of makes me feel a bit better about the situation that if Kameni was to have a complete nightmare start, we will have a decent keeper in Lobont as backup.

I agree about Curci. He's far too good to be on the bench for us, plus it will probably cause irreparable damage between him and the club because the last time he played for us, he was benched in favor of Doni...that's why he left in the first place. So in hindsight....bringing in Kameni is definitely not a good thing for Curci and so he may defo leave.

That raises the question of who are 3rd choice keeper will be then? I'd love to see it be Mirko Pigliacelli from the Primavera honestly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next