What will happen to Abidal when he returns? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

What will happen to Abidal when he returns?

4 posters

Go down

What will happen to Abidal when he returns? Empty What will happen to Abidal when he returns?

Post by The Sanchez Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:29 am

Eric Abidal seems to be ready for a return possibly in December. Obviously, he won't straight away get a starting place though once fully match fit where would you place him? On the bench as a backup as a centreback or left back? Does he have the match fitness to be a regular left back, dislodging Adriano and Alba?
For me, he won't straight away get into the side like what Pep did though he will miss a few games like Villa did and gradually get back to match fitness. I can't see Abidal being to his fully best and I really want him to be used as a backup centreback especially with the constant injuries of Puyol, inconsistency of Pique, lack of experience of Barta and Fontas and the inconsistency of positioning of Mascherano. I really want to see him there.
Thoughts? Will he ever be a consistent starter? I think thats my main question...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What will happen to Abidal when he returns? Empty Re: What will happen to Abidal when he returns?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:27 am

It will depend on him. I imagine he would be gradually introduced back to the squad, but no one knows what his physical condition will be then.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What will happen to Abidal when he returns? Empty Re: What will happen to Abidal when he returns?

Post by The Sanchez Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:37 am

Thanks for the reply. I reckon he will gradually get there but I would like to see him play as a centreback as our fourth choice centre back. He can play well there no doubt though sometimes and in particular in the SuperCopa First Leg last season he becomes uncomfortable and tends to lose possession and his positioning tends to go wayward. Though with two decent leftbacks and not enough options in the centre of defense, its a perfect opportunity for him to get game time.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:55 am

Well , he is 31 and let's see how playing at a high level will affect him.

I don't see him start week and week out but anyway as you said this season he is going to be a ( great, i hope) back-up.
For this season i see him as a back-up , helping the team sometimes .
His presence in the locker room will be good
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 am

IF he is back to usual form I would play him allot giving his height. More importantly, he will atleast give us a SOLID addition to our bench as far as defense should some one get injured. Something we do not have right now

Alves - Pique - Abidal - Alba
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down