how would we fare against bayern munich atm?

+12
Jack Daniels
vivabarca38
Muzza
The 14th
Thimmy
The Messiah
Zealous
Ganso
LeSwagg James
Valkyrja
Onyx
Die Borussen
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

how would we fare against bayern munich atm? - Page 2 Empty Re: how would we fare against bayern munich atm?

Post by Motogp69 Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Really this isn't close, Bayern dominated the action during both legs last year and they have gotten much better over the summer transfer window.

Madrid have pretty much the same squad and seem to have actually taken a step back in quality.

Perhaps the better argument is Bayern vs. Barcelona, but even Barcelona is looking beatable these days.

Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

how would we fare against bayern munich atm? - Page 2 Empty Re: how would we fare against bayern munich atm?

Post by Die Borussen Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:55 pm

dominated the action cause thats the way mou approached the game, defensively. there wasnt even a choice in the 2nd leg since we had just played el classico before the game whereas you rested half your squad

bayern have gotten match better deph wise and only that
as much as your main eleven improved that much madrid's did too where it needed

no steps back were taken, just a bad start to the season

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 am

Modric is alone better than all of your mids, let's not talk about Ozil or Ronaldo and Di Maria being better than Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri and Muller.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:56 am

true @ motogp. bayern and barcelona would truly be the best teams in europe facing off. hopefully we get to see it this season. they're the one team I would worry about facing, not these overrated flat track bullies in Real.

Claiming to be better than a team they had their chance against not too long ago.

weak argument? i know what i saw. they were better it's fair to say, not by a lot, but still better and most people would agree.

apparently all these madrid players are better? or really are they just hyped up? when they got their chance against these players they were on the backfoot for most of the time. watching them control the game and create better chances. i'm not sure if madrid were getting outplayed or if they chose to sit back. either way they suck because it shows madrid/mourinho have no balls to attack them like they do when they play all the minnow teams because they feared bayern on the counter. so it's not simply "if madrid attacked" they would have won.

the whole playing el cassico a few days earlier is such a typical mourinho sore loser excuse and it isn't surprising his delusional fanboys would follow everything like he's some god.

if anything bayern are better arguably, even better than dortmund, if you consider they strengthened more in the summer, look at their form so far this season and consider they finally beat dortmund last time they met. btw i'll love to see how madrid plays against dortmund soon. madridstas really think they're they at easy, they thought the same about bayern though, wouldnt suprise me if they lose.

btw considering how bad Real are doing in the league at the moment, it's laughable they claim to be better than anyone right now.

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for Insulting comments. -25% warning level.)

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 am

yo, JD when are u going to raise my warning level?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:29 am

Muzza wrote:true @ motogp. bayern and barcelona would truly be the best teams in europe facing off. hopefully we get to see it this season. they're the one team I would worry about facing, not these overrated flat track bullies in Real.

Claiming to be better than a team they had their chance against not too long ago.

weak argument? i know what i saw. they were better it's fair to say, not by a lot, but still better and most people would agree.

apparently all these madrid players are better? or really are they just hyped up? when they got their chance against these players they were on the backfoot for most of the time. watching them control the game and create better chances. i'm not sure if madrid were getting outplayed or if they chose to sit back. either way they suck because it shows madrid/mourinho have no balls to attack them like they do when they play all the minnow teams because they feared bayern on the counter. so it's not simply "if madrid attacked" they would have won.

the whole playing el cassico a few days earlier is such a typical mourinho sore loser excuse and it isn't surprising his delusional fanboys would follow everything like he's some god.

if anything bayern are better arguably, even better than dortmund, if you consider they strengthened more in the summer, look at their form so far this season and consider they finally beat dortmund last time they met. btw i'll love to see how madrid plays against dortmund soon. madridstas really think they're they at easy, they thought the same about bayern though, wouldnt suprise me if they lose.

btw considering how bad Real are doing in the league at the moment, it's laughable they claim to be better than anyone right now.

Yeah, Mourinho parked the bus against Barca in the supercup too. The reality is that Bayern rested all their starters for the Bernabeu match and Real played El Clasico with the same team 3 days earlier.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Kizu wrote:
Muzza wrote:true @ motogp. bayern and barcelona would truly be the best teams in europe facing off. hopefully we get to see it this season. they're the one team I would worry about facing, not these overrated flat track bullies in Real.

Yeah, Mourinho parked the bus against Barca in the supercup too. The reality is that Bayern rested all their starters for the Bernabeu match and Real played El Clasico with the same team 3 days earlier.

mourinho hasnt parked the bus against barca since the first leg of the CL semis. Parking the bus and playing on the counter are not the same thing.

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:07 pm

It would still be an amazing game, but it wouldn't be as close as this.past time they met. Also, Using.the Classico is a lame excuse, and you forget that Bayern outplayed Madrid in both legs, home and away, and actually should have had a clear 2nd penalty in the 2nd leg, which would've put the game to bed. Also, theyre in incredible form right now whereas Madrid has been stumbling, so right now this would be a beating. Later in the season when Madrid find their feet, I'd say Bayern take it 3-2 on aggregate, maybe even 4-2. Also, to the person saying Sahin was your savior, that's hilarious cuz even when he was healthy he was never first choice much less your big game changer, and Di Maria off form? So was Robben. YSo put Robben on form and it just gets worse. Also, Marcelo was one of Madrids best players in the second leg if I remember correctly, but actually never should've played. That tackle at the end of the first leg by him on Lahm was horrific.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Here's what I see.

From a Madrid perspective it's a pretty simple game , it's all about effectively managing the flow of the ball. That's not to say you have to control the game..but what you have to do is force Bayern's temp.

Them controlling the midfield means nothing , Kroos, Schweini and Martinez are all distributors, none of them have the final ball to force Alonso to come up the pitch and cover them, so ideally we should allow them to have their zonal possession and control because at the end of the day it means very little.

But flow of this team is more about Ribery Muller and Robben. Muller is dangerous because he matches up against Marcelo well, in that he isn't predictable and he's a late run threat....but Ideally what you want to do is bracket him and Ribery by having Alonso and Khedira slide over.

Once you force them to play the ball early to Gomez the defense should be comfortable, Gomez is only effective if he's behind the defenses in space, if we can force the ball to him enough it should be a fairly comfortable game.

But that's not easy, it would require discipline from Marcelo and both centre backs.

Going forward, you've gotta go with Higuain and Ozil , they'll stretch Bayerns considerably slow defense on the counter once everything comes together. Guys like Badstuber and Lahm get caught out when people hedge their positions so that's the area you look to exploit.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Nameless wrote:yo, JD when are u going to raise my warning level?

Nameless and the Messiah deserve a warning level raised, we have been very diplomat and well behaved these days..
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:41 pm

I don't believe in excuses, right before we played Madrid 1st leg, we also played Dortmund and lost 1:0, but nevertheless we played Madrid few days later and still won, saying the reason why you lost to Bayern (2nd leg) is because you played Barca is a weak excuse and it's something you shouldn't say outside GL in real world, otherwise people will think you are a sour loser and laugh at you.

Lets not forget Madrid won the 2nd leg even though they played Barca in-between and lets not forget Bayern won the 1st leg even though they played Dortmund in-between. Madrid are a good side, no doubt about that, but in truth I really expected Madrid to threaten us more but they didn't and the reason why I feel Bayern was better than Madrid is not because of our players or the score-line, it's simply because of how Bayern controlled both legs and the mentality that our players showed, we created more chances in both legs, Madrid were able to finish off all their chances and Bayern couldn't even finish off half of their chances and still won, but anyway if I was a Madrid fan I will be happy in that aspect, at least Madrid are more clinical than Bayern in front of goal, if it wasn't for that the scoreline would have been really bad.

and regarding Bayern/Madrid current squad, although Madrid are still a top team but you have to agree that Bayern strengthen more coming into this season, everyone would have expected Madrid to at least buy a right-back, a position that urgently need strengthening in their squad but they didn't, instead they got Essien on loan, Essien is past it and the only reason why Mourinho got him is because of their good relationship, you can not compare Essien to Khedira, there is big gap in quality, as Khedira is much more better now(although prime Essien was much better than Khedira)

Modric is the only legitimate signing that add strength to this current Madrid side, but he's not exceptional and can not replace anyone in the starting eleven of both Madrid and Bayern, he's simply a depth player, who has come in to further the agony of Kaka, who to me is still a very good player and can offer everything Modric has to offer, so in other word, signing Modric/Essien and benching Khedira/Oezil and Kaka is a step backward, and as the season progresses, it will become even more apparent, as we can see Barca are already 11 point ahead of Madrid occupying the first position and Madrid 16th, even if Madrid win or draw their game in hand, it will still be 8 or 10 point ahead, which is still a lot and the match against City was luck and you guys should thank you stars, if Madrid has strengthened, then why are they not showing it on the pitch...?

Anyway, Bayern strengthened all department this season, from Goalkeeper to Director of Football, up to attackers and experience, everything was upgrade for us, not a step back signing like Essien.

Sammer upgrade to Nerlinger, Starke upgrade to Butt, Dante upgrade to all our CB, Martinez upgrade to Tymo and equal to Gustavo, Shaqiri upgrade to Usami, Mandzukic upgrade to Petersen, Pizarro upgrade to Olic.

Not to mention how Bayern promoted Can and Weiser, on-top of that Unlike Bayern, Madrid sold/loan some of their good players, such as Sahin, Granero, Diarra, Canales, Gago and Hamit. Also Bayern coach is no longer new and has finally settled in and our young players such as Kroos/Muller/Boateng/Badstuber, have all gotten better.

Alaba, Contento, Gomez, Rafinha, Robben, Ribery are all absent or were all absent together at some point this season for bayern, that is 4 important players and 2 important subs, still we have won all our 8 competitive matches this season, including matches against Dortmund, Schalke, Valencia and Stuttgart.

Can Madrid top that..? Just Imagine say, you are missing Marcelo, Coentrao, Arbeloa, C.Ronaldo, Di Maria, Benzema, do you think you can win all your 8 competitive matches so far this season, the depth in Bayern is crazy.

But that doesn't mean if Bayern meet Madrid that one side is certain to win, anyone can win it, so stop saying for certain you know Madrid will win, this is exactly the-same thing most Madrid fans said last season when they played a weaker Bayern side.

One Love./

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2