Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?

+10
ioilersrock448
rwo power
Babun
S
Juveman17
The Messiah
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Catracho
Gil
Arquitecto
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?  Empty Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Juventus linked with the Basque favourite; Fernando "the Lion" Llorente.

Chelsea linked with Cesar Azpulicueta

Bayern nearing to Javi.

You might be thinking Deschamps was Basque (Juve) but he wasn't truly recognized for that side of him.

Anyway, here we have 3 magnanimously talented performers linked with clubs bigger and more bountiful than their own (depending on how you look at it). My thoughts? I obviously want Javi and Llorente staying true to their roots and in their home Basque club and as for Azpi I would like him to move to a bigger club but seeing him in Chelsea would hurt.

Nonetheless this quite obviously is the indication that these players are finally being recognized bringing pride to us as it is.

Antonio Conte may be banned yet his influence will still precede over the teams tactics and given his highly impressive managing skills tactically or systematically I am confident Llorente will be used in his proper SS/ False #9 and especially given Juve needed a player like him given the inconsistencies of Matri. It will be of dread to us Milanisti (or any other Serie A fan) to see Juve complete with a near WC forward receiving service from Giovinco, Vidal, Marchisio and Andrea goddamn Pirlo. I predict a success for him as long as he doesn't be overplayed like Bielsa did for him.

Chelsea are in the position where they have a perpetually stoned RB (Paolo Ferriera), a monobrowed Bosingwa who forgets he is a fullback and a dumbass in Ivanovic. Azpulicueta can provide all the skill sets needed given he is known for his completeness. Use of both feet, strong, pacy, great crosser and impressive dribbler with a mind for link-up play. Chelsea need an RB as much as Milan need an LB as given this yearning gap I wouldn't be surprised to see Azpi be a success instantly as I predict him settling into the PL quickly.

Javi who has been adamant on his commitment to Athletic might be forced out given Athletic may want to bank on the money received from him. Bayern have not hidden their interest for him as its obvious we might be seeing Javi partner up with Scwiensteiger in a midfield partnership (or Kroos as Babun speculates) as this combination will be lethal to other teams given both players are just so complete in their craft.

As you can see I have the utmost confidence they will succeed yet the question is:

1. Do you see these moves being completed?
2. Do you see them succeeding?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?  Empty Re: Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?

Post by Gil Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Is Azpi really that good Arq?

Why doesn't he start for the Spanish U-21's, why haven't Madrid made a move for him yet and why can't he get into Spain's squad?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?  Empty Re: Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?

Post by Catracho Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:31 pm

No.

I want Bielsa to actually you know... stay!
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Gil wrote:Is Azpi really that good Arq?

Why doesn't he start for the Spanish U-21's, why haven't Madrid made a move for him yet and why can't he get into Spain's squad?

Gil, this is a question I ask myself many times. You must understand for all my reverence and fanship for the phenom that is Del Bosque, he equally frustrates me with his poor selections.

Should I elaborate? Placing the painfully average Alvaro Arbeloa of Iraola, placing Jordi Alba as LB whereas Djamel Mesbah of Milan can even defend better than him? Who should have been placed? Didac Vila after his wonderful season as LB for Espanyol, Naxto Monreal, Jon Aurtunexte of Athletic who is absolutely a superb talent.

Up front? Sorry to say this but Torres over Llorente (this is debatable given VDB's faith for Torres), and of course, NEGREDO. Which ends this debate on his wayward selection policy.

He is like Marcelo Lippi who is equally brilliant but equally bad in selecting his team.

U-21? Don't ask Laughing

Madrid are linked with many players yet Marsielle was strong in their stance in keeping him.

Is he that good? Damn right he is. Only problem is he is injury-prone which effects his form sometimes.

As otherwise he is a supremely talented RB. I'd say the most complete youngster RB.

Example? See him marking out Ribery twice without breaking a sweat.
Catracho wrote:No.

I want Bielsa to actually you know... stay!

LMAO Cataracho, I didn't imply on Bielsa leaving as both of us want him to stay.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm

I know they are Spurs and all but i cannot fathom for the life of me why they are not desperate to get Llorente.

AVB should be all over him like fly on shit.

Think he will go to Juventus btw, as for Azpi he is fantastic he doesn't get anywhere near Spain's line up for political reasons not football reasons.

Javi will stay IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I know they are Spurs and all but i cannot fathom for the life of me why they are not desperate to get Llorente.

Think he will go to Juventus btw, as for Azpi he is fantastic he doesn't get anywhere near Spain's line up for political reasons not football reasons.

Javi will stay IMO.

Spurs Laughing For some reason when I think of Spurs and their relentless (if not pathetic) pursuit of strikers it makes me chuckle out loud.

Llorente to Juve sadly does look realistic I agree.

Political reasons as I didn't want to bring that up since I'd have to deal with a hoard of ignorant Madrid fans defending their Castillan Legacy. But yes it definitely is part of it.

Javi I can see your point as its more his greedy agent doing the talking while he himself has committed numerous times. Nonetheless the lure of Bayern can prove to overcome his commitment. And I wouldn't blame him.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I know they are Spurs and all but i cannot fathom for the life of me why they are not desperate to get Llorente.

Javi will stay IMO.

Spurs Laughing For some reason when I think of Spurs and their relentless (if not pathetic) pursuit of strikers it makes me chuckle out loud.

Exactly, i want to chuckle some more eco smile

But seriously they desperately need a striker, their only striker is Defoe Laughing

So i'd be shocked if they didn't at least try to get involved.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Javi will stay IMO.

Exactly, i want to chuckle some more eco smile

But seriously they desperately need a striker, their only striker is Defoe Laughing

So i'd be shocked if they didn't at least try to get involved.

Adebuywhore is gone? Nonetheless I perceive Damiao is their prime target but no way in hell can they afford him.

As for Llorente, Urrutia confirmed he will not renew his contract. News to me which has shrivelled my gonads.

Spurs aren't shrewd enough to go for him so Juve looks highly likely. Sad

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Adebuymoarwhores was on loan and nothing has come of it atm.

One of the reasons as it stands i see Spurs struggling, Modric and Adebuymoarwhores are 2 massive holes to fill.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Adebuymoarwhores was on loan and nothing has come of it atm.

One of the reasons as it stands i see Spurs struggling, Modric and Adebuymoarwhores are 2 massive holes to fill.

Any idea which club Adebuymoarwhores is being loaned out to? Cause I have the notion no one really wants him any more.

Modric? No Mole, him and AvB have reached a 'pact' so he is likely to stay I believe.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:28 pm

No idea, his wages seems to be a huge issue like many City rejects.

Modric reached a pact? the only thing i heard is he's agreed to train again but that's it.

I'm pretty certain he will end up at Madrid before the end of the window.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:40 pm

I just thought I point out that if Martinez join he's not undisputed starter, he needs to battle it out with Gustavo Kroos and Schweinsteiger.

Last edited by The Messiah on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:43 pm

The Messiah wrote:I just thought I point out that if Martinez join he's not undisputed started, he needs to battle it out with Gustavo Kroos and Schweinsteiger.

Didn't say undisputed but we both can admit Javi is comfortably better than Gustavo along with such a monumental purchase would give him a head start.

Kroos? Will he not be played as AM instead?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:I just thought I point out that if Martinez join he's not undisputed started, he needs to battle it out with Gustavo Kroos and Schweinsteiger.

Didn't say undisputed but we both can admit Javi is comfortably better than Gustavo along with such a monumental purchase would give him a head start.

Martinez is not a better destroyer than Gustavo but we need him to balance our midfield
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:58 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Martinez is not a better destroyer than Gustavo but we need him to balance our midfield

Not a better destroyer? Laughing

So let me guess, you regularly watch Atheltic's games?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:01 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Not a better destroyer? Laughing

So let me guess, you regularly watch Atheltic's games?

At least I watch Atletico Madrid and Barcelona screwing him over.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but Gustavo just happens to be the best destroyer in the game at the moment and nothing comes next after him.

I agree Martinez might be better in other aspect(attacking wise, Passing and keeping possession) but over-rall if Gustavo work on his passes he'll easily become the best DM in the world and there is no shame in Martinez being his sub.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Question Arquiteco, who do you think Juve should get?

Llorente or Dzeko?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

juveman17 wrote:Question Arquiteco, who do you think Juve should get?

Llorente or Dzeko?

There is nothing wrong with getting them both.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:13 pm

The Messiah wrote:
juveman17 wrote:Question Arquiteco, who do you think Juve should get?

Llorente or Dzeko?

There is nothing wrong with getting them both.

That won't happen though Juventus wouldn't spend 60 mil on two CF. The release clause for Llorente is 30 Mil I believe and Dzeko is probably around the same area.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Well Llorente has apparently stated that the desire to play CL football is one of the reasons why he wants to leave.

Tbh it'd be quite an achievement to beat off competition from a PL club even if its Spurs(lol) to bring him here.

Problem is though that their president says that he would only sell Llorente if any team meets his buyout clause(€36m) even though i'd expect their demands to reduce in the coming days,you could see that Bilbao are desperate to cling on to him..Also if it turns into an auction for him,we'll most likely pull out..Personally,since he's in the last year of his contract i wouldnt go more than €20m for him.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 pm

German media is reporting that Martinez deal to Bayern is done to Bayern for 33m €.
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/martinez-deal-angeblich-fix-161044960.html
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Juventus linked with the Basque favourite; Fernando "the Lion" Llorente.

Antonio Conte may be banned yet his influence will still precede over the teams tactics and given his highly impressive managing skills tactically or systematically I am confident Llorente will be used in his proper SS/ False #9 and especially given Juve needed a player like him given the inconsistencies of Matri. It will be of dread to us Milanisti (or any other Serie A fan) to see Juve complete with a near WC forward receiving service from Giovinco, Vidal, Marchisio and Andrea goddamn Pirlo. I predict a success for him as long as he doesn't be overplayed like Bielsa did for him.
I don't want Llorente to move to Juve.True or not, they're a very shady club. He better move to EPL. he is one of my favourite players.

Arquitecto wrote:Chelsea are in the position where they have a perpetually stoned RB (Paolo Ferriera), a monobrowed Bosingwa who forgets he is a fullback and a dumbass in Ivanovic. Azpulicueta can provide all the skill sets needed given he is known for his completeness. Use of both feet, strong, pacy, great crosser and impressive dribbler with a mind for link-up play. Chelsea need an RB as much as Milan need an LB as given this yearning gap I wouldn't be surprised to see Azpi be a success instantly as I predict him settling into the PL quickly.
Arq, I'm in love with Azpi. We have an acute RB problem but the board+Mou want to bring Modric for 32m € :facepalm: I'd welcome him with open arms. He is an all around solid and very athletic Spanish fullback Thumbs up he is bound to succeed anywhee he goes, the talent is there.

Arquitecto wrote:Javi who has been adamant on his commitment to Athletic might be forced out given Athletic may want to bank on the money received from him. Bayern have not hidden their interest for him as its obvious we might be seeing Javi partner up with Scwiensteiger in a midfield partnership (or Kroos as Babun speculates) as this combination will be lethal to other teams given both players are just so complete in their craft.

I don't know waht to think about Martinez' deal to Bayern. In my opinion, Bayern lack a true #10 for their style of play. Kroos and piggy are plenty enough to fight for the CM position while the DM is necessary, for both Kroos and piggy aren't sound enough defensively. I don't regard Kroos as an AM, he is made for CM/ regista spot. In attack, they lack a mobile AM to link up all the forwards. Javi would improve their CB and CM/DM depth but won't solve their prime problem in CAM.
To answer your question, while Javi will most likely succeed Bayern won't become much better with him. They'll just add quality overall to their central midfield area. Their true weakness is the link between CM and forwards. A proper AM/ CAM would bring them onto another level.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Dolce Vita wrote:German media is reporting that Martinez deal to Bayern is done to Bayern for 33m €.
It says "angeblich" (=supposedly), so it is not verified yet.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:50 pm

rwo power wrote:
Dolce Vita wrote:German media is reporting that Martinez deal to Bayern is done to Bayern for 33m €.
It says "angeblich" (=supposedly), so it is not verified yet.
Mäuschen secretary :bow:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 pm

It's gonna take €40m for Bayern to sign Martinez and there is no way Bayern will spend that much for him.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next