Do you guys think Jovetic is the striker we are looking for? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Do you guys think Jovetic is the striker we are looking for?

+5
GIGItheBest
Juventude
Luca
Tomwin Lannister
dronte
9 posters

Go down

Do you guys think Jovetic is the striker we are looking for? Empty Do you guys think Jovetic is the striker we are looking for?

Post by dronte Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 pm

So far we've had a very nice transfer market this summer, probably our last signing will be a striker. Marotta publicly announced we are chasing Jovetic, but is it worth it?
Fiorentina asking 30mil for him, which is waaay too much imo. But even greater problem that Jovetic mostly played as a SS, and we need a clinical finisher. We've just got Giovinco back, whose natural position is SS too (I know, he can play winger etc.). So if we sign Jovetic, we surely won't get a classic top striker, and the same problems will persist next year. I simply can't understand why we need Jovetic. Especially for 30mil euros. Anyways my final vote still goes for Suarez, would be a perfect last signing.

http://football-italia.net/21265/marotta-jovetic-fits-our-profile
http://football-italia.net/21293/%E2%80%98jovetic-thinking-about-things%E2%80%99
http://football-italia.net/21290/marotta-%E2%82%AC30m-jo-jo-difficult

Last edited by dronte on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Do you guys think Jovetic is the striker we are looking for? Empty Re: Do you guys think Jovetic is the striker we are looking for?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:55 pm

He is a great player, one for the present and future but I see no point in this when we have Gio and Vucinic who can play where he likes to play.

We need a great scoring CF, we're lacking in that and have been for a while
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Do you guys think Jovetic is the striker we are looking for? Empty Re: Do you guys think Jovetic is the striker we are looking for?

Post by Luca Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Jovetic mostly played as a CF last season actually

I would definitely take the chance on Jovetic as Juventus' CF, or SS.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 pm

I would love to have Jovetic in our squad. He's proven in Serie A. He's only 22. He is a very flexible striker that can play as a CF or SS. What isn't there to like about him? In my opinion, he is far and away the best option for us.

With his age, he would be here for years to come.

Last edited by Juventude on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm

I would love it if jovetic comes but what happend to cavani??
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Juventude wrote:I would love to have Jovetic in our squad. He's proven in Serie A. He's only 22. He is a very flexible striker that can play as a CF or SS. What isn't there to like about him? In my opinion, he is far and away the best option for us.

what do you mean by far and away?
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:38 pm

GIGItheBest wrote:I would love it if jovetic comes but what happend to cavani??

Napoli isn't going to sell Cavani unless we meet their price, which so far has been way too high. De Laurentiis has been mentioning numbers like 50-60 million. I'll take Jovetic for half that price and he is younger anyways.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Why not Destro? He is a great youngster and he could be the CF we need. He's younger and cheaper than Jovetic and is a natural CF.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:40 pm

GIGItheBest wrote:
Juventude wrote:I would love to have Jovetic in our squad. He's proven in Serie A. He's only 22. He is a very flexible striker that can play as a CF or SS. What isn't there to like about him? In my opinion, he is far and away the best option for us.

what do you mean by far and away?

Sorry, maybe that was too much of an American/English phrase. I just mean that to me he is clearly the best option for us when you consider a number of factors like age, cost, Serie A experience, skill set, etc.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:42 pm

juveman17 wrote:Why not Destro? He is a great youngster and he could be the CF we need. He's younger and cheaper than Jovetic and is a natural CF.

But how confident are we that Destro IS the CF we need? Jovetic, to me, is a proven player. Yes, Destro is younger, but we're talking about 22 years versus 20 years. I have more confidence in Jovetic in a UCL game than I do Destro right now.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Juventude wrote:
juveman17 wrote:Why not Destro? He is a great youngster and he could be the CF we need. He's younger and cheaper than Jovetic and is a natural CF.

But how confident are we that Destro IS the CF we need? Jovetic, to me, is a proven player. Yes, Destro is younger, but we're talking about 22 years versus 20 years. I have more confidence in Jovetic in a UCL game than I do Destro right now.
I agree with you if we can't get Cavani then Jovetic is the next guy i want, not destro
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm

I agree with you; that JOVETIC is not a target striker but

I think JUVENTUS is planning to play something similar to SPAIN and BARCELONA: without target striker

that kind of formation actually its good because helps you to posses the ball better and create more chances and we also have enough players who can score goals like; ASAMOAH, MARCHISIO, VIDAL they can all get inside the box and score

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:55 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:I agree with you; that JOVETIC is not a target striker but

I think JUVENTUS is planning to play something similar to SPAIN and BARCELONA: without target striker

that kind of formation actually its good because helps you to posses the ball better and create more chances and we also have enough players who can score goals like; ASAMOAH, MARCHISIO, VIDAL they can all get inside the box and score

YES! Finally my friend you hit the nail on the head! I have been thinking this myself...perhaps Conte has seen what Spain did so successfully to Italy in the Euro Final and how Barca have dominated without an all out CF in recent years. They have great attacking midfielders and SS who all interchange positions and are a nightmare to mark and track! Thats why I feel Juve are looking at players like Jovetic and perhaps Ramirez. A front trio consisting of any of Vucinic, Giovinco, Jovetic, Ramirez and a midfield consisting of class players like Pirlo, Marchisio, Pepe, Vidal, Isla, Asamoah and potentially Armero who all make runs into the box would in my opinion be too good for anyone in serie a and a big threat in the CL! And in that case I think Quags and Matri as subs could suffice with Boakye perhaps smoking

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:21 pm

inderbaby wrote:
lucianomoggi wrote:I agree with you; that JOVETIC is not a target striker but

YES! Finally my friend you hit the nail on the head! I have been thinking this myself...perhaps Conte has seen what Spain did so successfully to Italy in the Euro Final and how Barca have dominated without an all out CF in recent years. They have great attacking midfielders and SS who all interchange positions and are a nightmare to mark and track! Thats why I feel Juve are looking at players like Jovetic and perhaps Ramirez. A front trio consisting of any of Vucinic, Giovinco, Jovetic, Ramirez and a midfield consisting of class players like Pirlo, Marchisio, Pepe, Vidal, Isla, Asamoah and potentially Armero who all make runs into the box would in my opinion be too good for anyone in serie a and a big threat in the CL! And in that case I think Quags and Matri as subs could suffice with Boakye perhaps smoking

exactly; I like the idea too

but to make that strategy work; we need ASAMOAH to become our ghost striker

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Jovetic is a soft,elegant,pure technical player.There is no way he can be your CF...
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 pm

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/29072/

Matri + money for Jovetic
Sign Berbatov

That would be awesome

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down