Die Borussen
Onyx
71 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Mr Agile - Luka Modric - Page 5 Empty Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:34 am

CBarca wrote:Pretty sure he's coming.

Levy will wait a long time to try and get the best deal possible and Madrid will try to continue to get him to budge the price down, and it will continue as such as it has been for a while. Somewhere near the end of the transfer window he'll make a move though. Although any time from now until then is extremely possible, too.

You think Levy the demonic satan lord negotiator will budge? He didn't budge down to Chelsea so I doubt he will budge to us

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Swagg wrote:Can someone just jot down a few points comparing Modric and Sahin? I don't know much about either, but they seem like they can do the same things can they not?

If so I would hope that we just gave Sahin a shot since he came cheap.. Plus he already has a year with us under his belt.

If you can give me a verdict on who you think is the better player then that would be great also.

Sahin's more of an Alonso type player, a DM/CM. A static playmaker. Modric however is more B2B, in terms of playmaking. He can play anywhere in midfield (can replace Kaka too), he's more agile and a better dribbler too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:43 pm

mtfootball wrote:
Swagg wrote:Can someone just jot down a few points comparing Modric and Sahin? I don't know much about either, but they seem like they can do the same things can they not?

If so I would hope that we just gave Sahin a shot since he came cheap.. Plus he already has a year with us under his belt.

If you can give me a verdict on who you think is the better player then that would be great also.

Sahin's more of an Alonso type player, a DM/CM. A static playmaker. Modric however is more B2B, in terms of playmaking. He can play anywhere in midfield (can replace Kaka too), he's more agile and a better dribbler too.

LOL. Nuri Sahin is not static at all. Way better of a B2B mid. His playmaking skill exceed Modric by some distance and is much more composed and in-control when he is on the ball. His off-the ball movement is sensational as well, dropping deep to give the defenders a passing outlet while also being able to provide an extra body in midfield to keep possesion.

No idea what you're on about there.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:51 pm

By static I mean he's not at good at dribbling as Modric. Modric is more nifty.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 pm

mtfootball wrote:By static I mean he's not at good at dribbling as Modric. Modric is more nifty.

There's a reason for that, it's because of his positioning which is similar to Xabi. Instead of finding himself in tight spots which he would need to dribble he is able to find spaces to recieve the ball and offer himself as a passing outlet. He always runs into the space instad of allowing himself to be put under unessecary pressure, something Modric does on countless occasions.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Modric' ability would help when teams press.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:15 pm

mtfootball wrote:Modric' ability would help when teams press.

No it won't.

We don't need someome to try and dribble on-coming midfielders in tight spaces, we need a midfielder who is able to find the spaces the pressing teams will leave, someone who has the abilty to drop deep when needed and offer Alonso the easy pass instead of him going backwards or trying a cross-field pass. Spacing in the midfiled has been the problem for the team as Alonso is the only one who offers playmaking ability from that deep, that's why we need another player who can relieve some of the pressure of Alonso and also provide themselves as a threat while on the ball.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:38 pm

izzy wrote:

No it won't.

We don't need someome to try and dribble on-coming midfielders in tight spaces, we need a midfielder who is able to find the spaces the pressing teams will leave, someone who has the abilty to drop deep when needed and offer Alonso the easy pass instead of him going backwards or trying a cross-field pass. Spacing in the midfiled has been the problem for the team as Alonso is the only one who offers playmaking ability from that deep, that's why we need another player who can relieve some of the pressure of Alonso and also provide themselves as a threat while on the ball.

There's no space when teams press. I agree we need someone to help Alonso out and that player would be Modric. His ability to retain the ball would help.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:45 pm

mtfootball wrote:
izzy wrote:

No it won't.

There's no space when teams press. I agree we need someone to help Alonso out and that player would be Modric. His ability to retain the ball would help.

So when a team press they leave no space?

Watch Ronaldo's goal V Barca, perfect example of a team pressing and players running into space.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:57 pm

For example against Barca, when they press, Alonso's not the best with the ball. He passes it to Casillas/Pepe who hoof it right back to them. With Modric he'd be able to keep the ball under pressure and help us retain possession. Modric I think is more versatile than Sahin, he can also cover Kaka's position and the wings.

I think Sahin-Modric would be a good partnership in the middle.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Se7en wrote:
CBarca wrote:Pretty sure he's coming.

Levy will wait a long time to try and get the best deal possible and Madrid will try to continue to get him to budge the price down, and it will continue as such as it has been for a while. Somewhere near the end of the transfer window he'll make a move though. Although any time from now until then is extremely possible, too.

You think Levy the demonic satan lord negotiator will budge? He didn't budge down to Chelsea so I doubt he will budge to us

Yeah.

He has been very vocal about not selling Modric to rival English clubs, and last season he wanted to keep Modric to make a good run for a CL spot, which they did, but events transpired against Tottenham there.

Now we find out that last season Levy promised Modric he could leave to Madrid, and seeing as Madrid is interested and is not a rival English club, I find it likely he'll let Modric leave at the right price.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Hmm.. Two different opinions so far from you two lol

I agree with mt that when teams press like Barca, a player with good ball control and tight dribbling skills is more valuable than a player who can just move into a space to receive a pass, and then outlet it..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 pm

izzy wrote:
mtfootball wrote:By static I mean he's not at good at dribbling as Modric. Modric is more nifty.

There's a reason for that, it's because of his positioning which is similar to Xabi. Instead of finding himself in tight spots which he would need to dribble he is able to find spaces to recieve the ball and offer himself as a passing outlet. He always runs into the space instad of allowing himself to be put under unessecary pressure, something Modric does on countless occasions.

thank you, you understand modric to a tea, this is why he usually never does well in big games.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Real Madrid have handed Tottenham a €30 million 'take it or leave it' bid for Luka Modric, which has been rejected, according to ESPN sources.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has set the price for the Croatian midfielder at around ÂŁ40 million, though ÂŁ35 million (plus success-dependent add-on clauses) would be enough to clinch the deal.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:37 pm

AS saying the fee for Modric has finally been sorted, it'll be around 32m euros with variables. Spurs want to find a replacement immediately.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Yup I think it's done
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:21 pm

The drama of the summer at Real Madrid is about to come to an end . And is that Luka Modric will play for merengue group this Thursday , according to the program 'Futboleros' TV Brand. The player will play a friendly international caps on Wednesday, then fly to Madrid and one day later, will sign his new contract and will be presented.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Apparently, Luka Modric right now is with the Croatian National Team, and the fans that were in the stadium started cheering: "Madrid, Madrid", and he replied with a smile.

Mr Agile - Luka Modric - Page 5 309060_460558523976769_1526773092_n

Also Igor Stimac(Croatia NT coach) and Stipe Pletikosa(Croatia GK) have stated that the transfer will be done within days and they seem to be happy about him.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 pm

I would like to point two things out from an outsiders point of view. Mou very much likes to ey transfers done early in the window so new players can be assimilated into the team and spend a full per season with the squad training. So at this point it is my belief that Modric won't arrive and if he does he will be riding the bench for quite some time. IMO.

Second, when a team presses hard it indeed creates space. Why? Because they all close into a small area. Draw a rectangle and fill it with poker chips, then collapse 5 of those chips into a small area and notice the space open up where the chips previously were. This is why playmakers like Pirlo are genius because they pull many players towards themselves opening up space for team mates to enter. They then find that space with acute passing angles and accuracy.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Teams don't just press one corner.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 am

What are you talking about, they press the ball which can only be in one position at a team.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:17 am

But not every player presses one area.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:27 am

Clearly. Not only would that be stupid but it would be impossible. The whole point of a pressing game is that the entire team collapses like an accordion when they lose possession, tightening up. You end up with more than one player closing in on the ball as to make it difficult for the opposition to move and make it easier for your team to recover the ball. Then once the ball is recovered the "accordion" spreads back out making more space for your team to play with. I don't recall saying every single player attacks the same space at once.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Mr Agile - Luka Modric - Page 5 Modric,%20real%20madrid_74_port_destacada_peq

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Nice try, but he doesn't have that much black hair on his arms, plus the skin color. Razz
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Yeh I found it somewhere. Smile

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend